Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
You can pre-order then at diabolik dvd in the US, I think it's about $60 per era?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Gripweed posted:

A bunch of listings for Godzilla vs Kong listings went up on Bigbadtoystore. There's three options. Either BBTS made a mistake and these toys aren't part of the Godzilla vs Kong line, the Godzilla vs Kong line will include monsters not in Godzilla vs Kong, or Godzilla vs Kong is going to be a very different movie from what I'm expecting

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/140406
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/140407
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/140405

Reddit thinks the GvK image is just a placeholder because those three characters are from the Godziban puppet series.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

RichterIX posted:

You can pre-order then at diabolik dvd in the US, I think it's about $60 per era?

Thanks for the heads up!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Place holder listings are up on Amazon for the US versions:

https://smile.amazon.com/Gamera-Hei...QN6XZ9MTC2TZ0VS

https://smile.amazon.com/Gamera-Col...QN6XZ9MTC2TZ0VS

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
That anime also has the worst version of Ghidorah

Was walking through my local Target the other day and they have a bunch of Godzilla toys in their electronics section? I was surprised...

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

brocked posted:

Was walking through my local Target the other day and they have a bunch of Godzilla toys in their electronics section? I was surprised...

It's weird because Neca lost the Godzilla license so I thought they would have to stop selling those, but Target must be able to liquidate what they already have.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

RichterIX posted:

It's weird because Neca lost the Godzilla license so I thought they would have to stop selling those, but Target must be able to liquidate what they already have.

In the last month or so I’ve noticed Target packing that section with lots of old stock, like stuff from two or three years ago. They’re probably just dumping it all from warehouses into stores to get it sold before putting it on clearance.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
They also had some big Godzilla plushie and a Predator figure... Those Godzilla's were nice tho, one from each era

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yeah it's because of them that I've gone from owning 0 Godzillas to owning too many Godzillas. I might have to pick up that King Kong they sell just to balance it out.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

Yeah it's because of them that I've gone from owning 0 Godzillas to owning too many Godzillas. I might have to pick up that King Kong they sell just to balance it out.

....too many Godzillas? :confused:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm in a room that has 26 visible Godzillas, not counting friends of Godzilla, and while they do eventually become a space constraint, I would never consider it too many Godzillas as a general issue.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Vs Hedorah is kind of a trip, huh.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Yeah, our Target has been pretty well stocked for a while. They've even got a sign up limiting customers to one at a time. We've bought my son's last five or six Godzillas there.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

brocked posted:

Disagree. Anime Ghidorah is cool and the third anime movie in general has some of the best stuff the franchise has done in the past 40 years.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I think you mean Shin Godzilla.

But eh, we all like what we like and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

HannibalBarca posted:

Disagree. Anime Ghidorah is cool and the third anime movie in general has some of the best stuff the franchise has done in the past 40 years.

I don't believe you and am certainly not going to sit through a third terrible movie to find out you're high and wrong as gently caress.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The "fight" between Anime Godzilla and Anime Ghidorah is not good. Ghidorah just wraps around Godzilla for like twenty minutes. But Anime Ghidorah is very good. Making Ghidorah a lovecraft style elder god from another dimension that breaks reality just by existing if a pretty fantastic escalation of how weird Ghidorah was when he first appeared. In his first movie he's this crazy three headed alien freak monster, shiny gold, screeching like a hell bat, and blasting lightning from it's mouths as it's heads are constantly whipping around. He is alien in a way that the other monsters to that point aren't.

Anime Ghidorah builds on that. As opposed to Legendary Ghidorah which, while still cool and good, is basically just Super Godzilla.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Kind of like Mechagodzilla as a whole city and the movie and fight are terriblely boring. No thanks

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The fanmade MMD fight between anime Godzilla and Mechagodzilla is canon and I will not hear otherwise

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Please share with the rest of the class

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dangerous Person posted:

Please share with the rest of the class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8T6uRovuvs

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked the anime's version of Ghidorah, just not, you know, the pages of exposition and the long rambling philosophical discussions. This wouldn't be the first anime to spend a bunch of time ruminating on its themes but I find the philosophical babble actually makes whatever point the thing is making less clear.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Remember when Ready Player One had Mechagodzilla but he shot atomic breath instead of eye rainbows?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

No I never saw that film.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

This was pretty entertaining, but it kind of shows its limitations as a fan produced video. Watching Mecha G shape shift back and forth like the world's least child-friendly transformer toy was gorgeous, but Godzilla himself didn't emote, like, at all.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Meanwhile: Shin Godzilla whiskey

https://twitter.com/whiskyandstereo/status/1320515596023255041?s=21

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Those are going to be stupid expensive, right? I’m a sucker for licensed liquor.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

That was some good poo poo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Godzila: Singular Point confirmed to feature Godzilla, characters.

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1320744269288742912?s=19

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The style disconnect between Godzilla and the anime characters amuses me far more than it should

Can't wait for an unobscured picture of Big G

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm... interested, but I really felt like the anime trilogy just had no idea what the gently caress a Godzilla movie was supposed to look like, and this is making it look like that might just be a general problem for Godzilla anime.

e: Like, everything we've seen of big G himself looks fine, but what the gently caress is going on with those human designs?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

What's wrong with them?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Homie looks really annoyed and bored at having to be in a Godzilla anime.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Everything for the anime looks fine so far to me

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Its very..2010's soft anime. Which isn't bad.

But none did Godzlla side characters better than Stokoe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
When I finally went and watched The Planet Eater, I had actually forgotten who some of the characters were and what they looked like, so giving everyone distinct-if-somewhat-exaggerated designs is actually a plus in my book.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just Offscreen posted:

Its very..2010's soft anime. Which isn't bad.

It's true. They do look like they could belong to a music club that doesn't actually play much music.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Dawgstar posted:

It's true. They do look like they could belong to a music club that doesn't actually play much music.

Hell yeah I think it looks good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/1320901349295308800

HE IS RISEN!

HannibalBarca fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 27, 2020