Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's a comedy alright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwiuZc_m-0

And yeah, you're on a journey to rescue the four divine beasts gods in order to defeat Ganon Typhon in his ominous lair at the center of the map. Sounds familiar, yes :v:

Incidentally, there's a demo available for free on Stadia for a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Cartoon Man posted:

Here’s Ubisoft’s take on BOTW.

https://www.pcgamer.com/immortals-fenyx-rising-is-a-fun-riff-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-with-a-few-cool-ideas-of-its-own/

Icarus wings instead of a paraglider, you can glide as long as you have enough stamina.

It’s supposedly a light hearted comedic take on Greek mythology.

Well if it's not a FTP gacha game then I don't see how it can be good

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

looks bad

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cartoon Man posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/immortals-fenyx-rising-is-a-fun-riff-on-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-with-a-few-cool-ideas-of-its-own/

Icarus wings instead of a paraglider, you can glide as long as you have enough stamina.

I love me some lighthearted comedy and also Greek mythology! Sign me the gently caress up.

Mind reminding us about it when it releases? I assume you'll have to get it through Ubisoft's Steam knock-off thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It should sell through steam but link to your U-play account like all their other games. (Though I think Uplay is getting rebranded.)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cartoon Man posted:

This phrase is hilarious to me as BOTW is like a Nintendo take on Ubisoft. I know it is based on previous Zelda games but it feels like a wholesale rejection of the typical Ubisoft open world.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Lobok posted:

If there's actual armour that gives cold resistance then I need that, yeah. Thanks. I'm just wearing clothing that provides resistance but it sucks for defence.

This is exactly why you’re having trouble. The cold resist armor set in the village on the western side of the map south of the cold zone is great, especially once you start upgrading it. The set bonus is p useful too.

My first play through of this game I had problems with combat, but it turned out that I just had no idea how armor worked. Once you prioritize getting the stealth and soldier set, then work toward filling elemental resistance and climbing sets while upgrading as you go things get a ton more manageable. Ancient set for bonus points because taking the soldier gear through the full upgrade path is kind of a hassle and it’s fun to farm guardians.

Not really related, but I’m convinced the most fun/effective path from the plateau is east to the dueling peaks for a hat, south to Faron tower for food, quick travel to the peaks, hit the villages for armor/quest/camera, then back to the Cryonisis shrine and push west to Rito for armor/beast. This path naturally enables a couple of armor upgrades, which is nice. Shrines along the way seem to be plenty, although both of my recent starts have included diversions from this plan because BotW constantly begs random jaunts off course. Anyone have a better opening?

Maybe I should spoiler some of that? I tried not to be too specific.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thinking about it this morning, the one single easy change I'd make to the game is to have the DLC motorcycle unlockable from the start of you've already won it once. I'm just kinda sad because I was thinking about unlocking it again, and I realized just how much of the game you have to beat to do so, no matter what. Realistically there's just no way I can get to it without being almost done with my playthrough. With the shrines I've done already plus the dungeons and shrines for the whole quest, I'll have about played my fill again by then. I know it'd make for a disappointing end to that quest, but having it now when I'm so much more invested in getting around the world would outweigh that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I say ignore fighting and beeline for the climbing set asap every playthrough.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I say ignore fighting and beeline for the climbing set asap every playthrough.

Ironically this requires fighting.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah one of those pieces requires you to beat a major test of strength.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

You can get the first two easily as soon as you leave the plateau, so I usually stop there until I have the soldier set. I’m not a combat master though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cartoon Man posted:

Yeah one of those pieces requires you to beat a major test of strength.

That's the fun part.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Loucks posted:

Not really related, but I’m convinced the most fun/effective path from the plateau is east to the dueling peaks for a hat, south to Faron tower for food, quick travel to the peaks, hit the villages for armor/quest/camera, then back to the Cryonisis shrine and push west to Rito for armor/beast. This path naturally enables a couple of armor upgrades, which is nice. Shrines along the way seem to be plenty, although both of my recent starts have included diversions from this plan because BotW constantly begs random jaunts off course. Anyone have a better opening?

I realized I've kind of done the first half of this because I compulsively climb all the way up the cliff behind misko's treasure. But I always end up doing the zoras first because of the quest leads they have out near the exits from Kakkariko.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

thrilla in vanilla posted:

NEXT TIME: The saga continues......wu-tang...wu-tang

Worst Link’s Master Quest: The Search For Spock

Next Time: Link runs up a hill with his shirt off.

————

Link Snaps

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

No.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Playing through this game for my first time and what I really like are the number of ways you can accomplish any given task. Usually for the shrines I'll get through them on my own but before finishing I'll double check a guide to make sure I didn't miss any chests and I'd say at least 30% of the time so far I've done something different (and much easier).

In Medoh as well there was a room where you were supposed to break a wall, roll a giant boulder around, etc. but I just ended up tilting the ship down and flying into that room from the outside. I'm sure that's a well-known trick at this point but it's fun to play around and find these things out. Cool game!

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Havent played through this in 3 years think its time for another

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Still cracks me up if you talk to the gay house designer with no shirt he froths over you

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Muk Dumpster posted:

Still cracks me up if you talk to the gay house designer with no shirt he froths over you

Does he?

I thought he was clear Bolson was with Karson

He seems to think of Link as a customer/chump

considering what you have to pay him

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Doesn't Karson explicitly have a wife, or am I totally misremembering that?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DanielCross posted:

No. He's very much in to his co-worker (employee)

There is no Mrs. Karson

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DanielCross posted:

He says he's taking his gf out for dinner when you finish furnishing the house IIRC. Doesn't mean he's not poly I guess.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
I mean if you have no shirt on and talk to him BTW, it was a coincidence he also has no shirt

Muk Dumpster fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 24, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
“You put the Deku Princess in a bottle” :staredog:

The first boss was super easy. Not sure if you were supposed to use the bombs (I noticed the bomb flowers just before the fight ended), but I just strafed behind him and hit him in the butt.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

el oso posted:

Playing through this game for my first time and what I really like are the number of ways you can accomplish any given task. Usually for the shrines I'll get through them on my own but before finishing I'll double check a guide to make sure I didn't miss any chests

There's a little chest icon shows up by the name of shrines when you've cleared out all the chests in them, so you can see they're completed without hitting up a guide.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Smol posted:

“You put the Deku Princess in a bottle” :staredog:

The first boss was super easy. Not sure if you were supposed to use the bombs (I noticed the bomb flowers just before the fight ended), but I just strafed behind him and hit him in the butt.

The bomb flowers are for dealing with the swarms of moths he sends after you IIRC. Maybe the other type of bugs he summons too.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I’m trying to find all of the fairy shards from the Woodfall Temple. No dice so far, still missing two of them.

I’m thinking the frog might be key to one of them, but I haven’t found a way to communicate with them yet. I think I’ll have to come back here later on.

Anyhow, I was quite surprised how small the temple was compared to the areas in Ocarina of Time.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Smol posted:

Anyhow, I was quite surprised how small the temple was compared to the areas in Ocarina of Time.

It's distinctly smaller and simpler than the others, it's more like halfway between them and the Great Deku intro dungeon from OoT.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Smol posted:

I’m trying to find all of the fairy shards from the Woodfall Temple. No dice so far, still missing two of them.

I’m thinking the frog might be key to one of them, but I haven’t found a way to communicate with them yet. I think I’ll have to come back here later on.

You will (mild spoiler) find a mask (big surprise) that helps you find fairies. .
Yeah a big part of mm is learning to say "ill deal with that later"

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

RickRogers posted:

You will (mild spoiler) find a mask (big surprise) that helps you find fairies. .
Yeah a big part of mm is learning to say "ill deal with that later"

it doesn't really do that, it just attracts them to you if they're out in the open. you still usually have to actually find them first

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

romanowski posted:

it doesn't really do that, it just attracts them to you if they're out in the open. you still usually have to actually find them first

The hair will float and sparkle when you're in a room that has a fairy you haven't collected, so it really helps in narrowing down where the remainder of fairies are.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This game really needs a photo mode, it has so much going on that makes for fun shots but it's super limiting to use the basic view camera to capture stuff in real time. I've gotten spoiled by Sony, they've been perfecting it and did it super well in Ghost of Tsushima. I keep seeing neat stuff here and reflexively pausing, it would be so nice if you could actually set up shots with much more control.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sigher posted:

The hair will float and sparkle when you're in a room that has a fairy you haven't collected, so it really helps in narrowing down where the remainder of fairies are.

ok in my defense I haven't noticed this because I already know where they all are anyway :greenangel:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cartoon Man posted:

Yes a light hearted game made by a company that shields abusers are rapists sounds fun.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes a light hearted game made by a company that shields abusers are rapists sounds fun.

The game isn’t actually being developed by the rapists, and it kind of sucks to take all the hard work and effort of the people who built the game (and who are the actual victims of the abuse) and handwave the whole thing away like none of them matter because of something lovely their boss did, IMO.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i dont play ubisoft games because they all suck rear end

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beyond Good and Evil actually owns, sorry.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sigher posted:

Beyond Good and Evil actually owns, sorry.

i should clarify that im talking about games theyve made in the last decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao if you play "video games"

just lmao