Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Ancient 23 years old shark, Artemis of the Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

stair...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is unironically the most I've been pissed off by Live Chat. It's not many of them, but jesus.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Get hosed, Gamers

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Not really into new shark but I bet a non-debut stream will be more interesting

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
can't believe she targeted gamers...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Not really into new shark but I bet a non-debut stream will be more interesting

Is there a particular reason why?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
I like that she didn't even expand on the gamers comment. That's a great way to weed out a specific type of person in the chat.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pollyanna posted:

Is there a particular reason why?

I'm just kinda bored. She seems fine, though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I always thought the Hololive self introduction streams were dumb, but i see why they do it if this is the alternative.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm just kinda bored. She seems fine, though.

That's fair, this is a pretty sedate stream so far.

This is why I don't like the concept of debuts. It opens you up to overhyping and that's never fun.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
After watching both her Among Us streams and the Holo9 one I can safely say that Polka is both the best and the worst Impostor player in the world. She may not win often but goddamn, her arguments are flawless!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I missed the first 30 minutes (adjusted for the 15) because youtube apparently doesn't want to let me know if a stream started even if I set reminder on, and if I have the tab open in the background won't start when it does.

Did I miss anything?

Artemis is cute.

Whats a rat and why won't she accept donations from them, this is discrimination to large mice!

What was the gamers comment?

e: Haha! dislikes gamers with EMPHASIS! :haw: My kind of Shark!

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 24, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

someone donated $420

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Raenir Salazar posted:

I missed the first 30 minutes (adjusted for the 15) because youtube apparently doesn't want to let me know if a stream started even if I set reminder on, and if I have the tab open in the background won't start when it does.

Did I miss anything?

Artemis is cute.

Whats a rat and why won't she accept donations from them, this is discrimination to large mice!

She put "Gamers" as one of her dislikes and left it at that as a bunch of people in chat melted down for a good minute.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

She was listing her dislikes, and said her biggest dislike by far was gamers. Hololive gamers BTFO

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

No Mods No Masters posted:

She was listing her dislikes, and said her biggest dislike by far was gamers. Hololive gamers BTFO

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

She put "Gamers" as one of her dislikes and left it at that as a bunch of people in chat melted down for a good minute.

Gotcha! I just saw it. :D

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Turbogay shark. :allears:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Did I miss anything?

Artemis is cute.

She stopped the stream by accident and restarted another one and then played a bit of Space Cadet in the loading screen.
Then she drew her bio in MS Paint.,which includes her disliking Gamers.
She disabled some payment options for tips, that's where she called out the rat. Probably to prevent chargebacks?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Im cool with the gay shark.

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

i think it originates from a host on twitch who interviews vtubers. rats are gossipy poo poo-stirrers who break confidentiality AFAIK

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
She's chill, I like her.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kayfabe lore time.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Oohhh, her favorite vtuber is Ayame! Love that the friendly oni got a shoutout.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

after seeing her stream chat i also hate gamers

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011
I really like the bgm and loading screen she's rocking, it's super comfy vibes.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Endorph posted:

after seeing her stream chat i also hate gamers

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I've been making audio clips and I put them into a rar or a zip or whatever if you want it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LxAlBDg3wMEtLvTsmgMaj-WCBm6DWLxh/view?usp=sharing

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mystery Artemis Twitch stream in 30 minutes that might trigger Youtube Copyright bots?

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

Mystery Artemis Twitch stream in 30 minutes that might trigger Youtube Copyright bots?

Interesting thought process, given the past week with Twitch.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, I'd like to hear people's honest opinions on Artemis. Anything on your mind, tell me about it.

Personally, as a streamer, I think she's really cool and chill. That said, I also think it's way too early to tell, and I also think that hyping up a vtuber's avatar and personality in advance of some sort of debut does them a disservice more than it helps them. I think a lot of people were expecting professionalism or bombast on the level of Hololive EN or something, and were turned off when it turns out that a vtuber's just some streamer. Well, no poo poo, motherfucker, an independent vtuber isn't going to compete with an entire corporation right out of the box. I don't know what you expected.

I like her. I don't care if other people don't :colbert:

Veris
Jul 5, 2007

the NYPost vtuber critic puts out an article "Artemis of the Deep? More like Artemis of the Sleep"

I kid

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

So, I'd like to hear people's honest opinions on Artemis. Anything on your mind, tell me about it.

Personally, as a streamer, I think she's really cool and chill. That said, I also think it's way too early to tell, and I also think that hyping up a vtuber's avatar and personality in advance of some sort of debut does them a disservice more than it helps them. I think a lot of people were expecting professionalism or bombast on the level of Hololive EN or something, and were turned off when it turns out that a vtuber's just some streamer. Well, no poo poo, motherfucker, an independent vtuber isn't going to compete with an entire corporation right out of the box. I don't know what you expected.

shes ok and will probably find some kind of voice, but being an indie first timer its natural she wouldnt really know what to do

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Pollyanna posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing her do a real stream before I pass judgement, but this debut has also been dragged out over the last month or so trying to build hype and make memes etc, and I think a lot of people expected her to be a lot higher energy right out of the gate.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Pollyanna posted:

Using twitter to hype up the "event" of her debut was smart but it also had the side effect of possibly over hyping it and giving people an impression it would be bigger than it actually is.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It looks like she will do retro game streams and maybe some casual stuff, but I didn't really catch any other content she might do.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Pollyanna posted:

Pollyanna posted:

These statements seem incongruous

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I imagine so far my guess is that Artemis is going to be very chill along the lines of Ina. Someone you tune into to unwind.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Pollyanna posted:

She doesn't have a very good broadcasting voice. Usually i can have streams on in the background while playing games, but for her i had to pause the game and actively listen to hear what she was saying. Not sure if it's a lovely mic or intonation, but it sounded like someone mumbling over discord. Also she put negative effort into preparing for it so having nothing to talk about probably didn't help. Hard to judge off debut streams though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Overbite posted:

Using twitter to hype up the "event" of her debut was smart but it also had the side effect of possibly over hyping it and giving people an impression it would be bigger than it actually is.

Yeah, she and whoever she's working with did good marketing, so it's kind of surprising she didn't do more planning for the event itself. I get that's not her thing and that's fine, but it was definitely sold differently beforehand.