Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Basebf555 posted:

It's like a beef stew with some sort of dumplings or biscuit dough cooked directly on top in the same pot.

Yeah definitely is. My ex used to make a chicken pot pie soup like that, you basically make the stew and then dump the dumpling dough on top and boil it, good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Basebf555 posted:

It's like a beef stew with some sort of dumplings or biscuit dough cooked directly on top in the same pot.

It’s an Easy Drop Dumpling Stew

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/213078/moms-hearty-beef-stew-with-dumplings/

That’s roughly what I’ve had in the past.

bygones
Nov 10, 2005

Can I take it home? Huh? Can I?

Basebf555 posted:

It really reminded me of these lovely one skillet box meals I used to make forever ago where you just added water and I want to say ground meat of some kind.

I still have no idea what the hell that is but want a bowl of it so bad. Total Proust moment. Anyway I watched From Beyond for the first time and it was frickin great.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I never heard of this, think I have to track it down just for the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZwefR9CAFk

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKX9fGvF63E

I support this entire video

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sigher posted:

It kinda looks like a hidden boss in Final Fantasy.

I was thinking a combination of the various devil trigger forms for Dante in the Devil May Cry games.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I was thinking a combination of the various devil trigger forms for Dante in the Devil May Cry games.

That's just Devilman

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

That's just Devilman

A-runnin' in my head, yeah!

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Is Deep Red the only Argento film where I need to worry about tracking down the correct version?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Critters 3 ismaking me think it's not gonna be worth it to watch Critters 4.

Nevermind they won me back with that cliffhanger.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 24, 2020

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Tarnop posted:

Is Deep Red the only Argento film where I need to worry about tracking down the correct version?

No a lot of his films have an American or European version. Generally the ones that are not dubbed are the ones that are not edited.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

Critters 3 ismaking me think it's not gonna be worth it to watch Critters 4.

Nevermind they won me back with that cliffhanger.

prepare yourself to slog through Critters 4. Angela Basset makes the bad medicine go down better, but she's so under utilized its wild.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The spit that drips out of his mouth during the close-up completely, extremely makes this. Also the wood paneling.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
How's Critters 5? As bad as the series?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The Critters show was not good because they wanted to make it really gory and it doe not fit the movies tone.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Well the series (Critters: The New Binge) sucked because it looked like an amateurish web series from bad tv comedy regulars. Critters 5 (Critters Attack) is a reboot I guess, from the writer of Happy Death Day, but somehow it's rated even worse than the series.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Hollismason posted:

The Critters show was not good because they wanted to make it really gory and it doe not fit the movies tone.

Critters is definitely meant to be goofy gore like the skeleton in the ground in part 2. that's about as gory as it should get. I'd even say it would be cool to see tiny critters eat a person from inside out, but even then that would be like a skin suit slowly deflating.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Critters is a great idea that got done right exactly once. We should just appreciate that and rewatch it every Easter while eating hamburgers.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

STAC Goat posted:

Critters is a great idea that got done right exactly once. We should just appreciate that and rewatch it every Easter while eating hamburgers.

It's not like Critters 2 was lightning in a bottle, it was just competently made. Critters is such a strong concept that all you have to do to make a really fun Critters movie is not gently caress it up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The first one's good, too.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Critters 2 was the one time Mick Garris was the perfect guy for the job.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So apparently during a Wizard World Virtual Con recently, Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi talked about a new Evil Dead film that's being written; "Evil Dead Rise", about a single mother who must go on the attack when Deadites start attacking a city. Irish director Lee Cronin is writing and directing the film.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I wish Entrance was more accessible for people. Watching 1 BR reminded me of it, and it's a very good movie that I think has been forgotten.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

So apparently during a Wizard World Virtual Con recently, Bruce Campbell and Ted Raimi talked about a new Evil Dead film that's being written; "Evil Dead Rise", about a single mother who must go on the attack when Deadites start attacking a city. Irish director Lee Cronin is writing and directing the film.

I though there was supposed to be some evil dead mega event movie that tied the original trilogy to the recentish remake? Or did I dream that

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I though there was supposed to be some evil dead mega event movie that tied the original trilogy to the recentish remake? Or did I dream that

I think there was some talk about having Jane Levy guest-star as part of the plan for a fourth season of Ash vs. Evil Dead. Who knows if that was ever serious or just a “would be nice” scenario.

Edit: I had it backwards - Fede Alvarez wanted Ash to show up at the end of Evil Dead ‘13 as the setup for a sequel, but the TV show being in development quashed that idea.

Splint Chesthair fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 25, 2020

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Ah, that makes sense.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Splint Chesthair posted:

I think there was some talk about having Jane Levy guest-star as part of the plan for a fourth season of Ash vs. Evil Dead. Who knows if that was ever serious or just a “would be nice” scenario.

Edit: I had it backwards - Fede Alvarez wanted Ash to show up at the end of Evil Dead ‘13 as the setup for a sequel, but the TV show being in development quashed that idea.

Wasn’t he in the stinger for it?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Retro Futurist posted:

Wasn’t he in the stinger for it?

Yea Ash is in a silhouette and says groovy to the camera

https://youtu.be/-IxdJxqx7Xg

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Friday 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I had never watched Halloween before despite being a huge Carpenter fan. Finally fixed that tonight. Holy crap the crew for this movie was like 12 people what the hell?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I rewatched Hereditary last night for the first time since seeing it in theaters in 2018.

it holds up, and now I think I understand the entire storyline.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My horror film friend came over last night and we watched a few.

Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood. Owned quite hard, I think it was this thread that recommended it, thank you!

Black Sheep. I'd seen it before but it was new to my friend and it's still so great. The sound design department were working overtime on the goopy sound effects in this one, drat. Everything sounds so very gross.

VHS2. Again another I've seen but a fresh view for my friend who very much didn't like the first eye story but was blown away from what is very possibly the first zombie movie that features from the perspective of the zombie chowing down on people.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Friday 13th Part VI: Jason Lives

That kid and I have similar tastes in french existentialist plays.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Timeless Appeal posted:

I wish Entrance was more accessible for people. Watching 1 BR reminded me of it, and it's a very good movie that I think has been forgotten.

That's the stalker-paranoia one where the protagonist is visible on-screen 100% of the time, right? It was pretty good. Like it didn't blow me away at the time, but it's really stuck in my memory. I reckon I owe it a rewatch.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Wait, Tales from the Crypt had a 90s kids Nickelodeon style bluescreen gameshow spinoff stuffed with early CGI? :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRMPXweQwWc

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 25, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wow, One Cut of the Dead might be my favorite horror comedy ever.

I was dying for the entire final 30 minutes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

feedmyleg posted:

Wait, Tales from the Crypt had a 90s kids Nickelodeon style bluescreen gameshow spinoff stuffed with early CGI? :psyduck:

You cannot imagine how disappointed I was when I heard that a Cryptkeeper show was about to play on a Saturday morning and then I saw what it actually was.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

feedmyleg posted:

I bring this up fairly often because I have to make sure I’m not making up that it exists.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Ehud posted:

The guy that made it has a new movie, Special Actors, that played at Fantasia Fest this year. It's not horror, but it's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ehud posted:

I love during the first 30 minutes there’s just a bunch of little things that just seem... off... but you let them go.