Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

but no his teacher clearly is pushing him and pushing him away from socializing property

yeah that’s being owned

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he kicks another boy in the balls to death

while nude in the shower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

FMguru posted:

the underlying message is that if you have trouble making friends and are good at video games and solving kings quest graphic adventure puzzles then its because you are a genius and are probably the reincarnation of sun tzu and the eventual savior of the human race (much like that other picked-upon fellow, jesus christ)

not hard to see how it picked up the audience that it did

I feel like the underlying message is that no matter how smart and special and good you are people in power can still cynically manipulate you into achieving their own sinister goals, you just described the plot

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i can not and will not be roped into a discussion of the orson scott card novel i did not read all of the sequels to
there are literally 20 novels in the "enderverse" series

disney/lucasfilm can only stare in awe at such dedication to squeezing as much juice as possible out of retelling a single scifi story from the late 1970s

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

there are literally 20 novels in the "enderverse" series

disney/lucasfilm can only stare in awe at such dedication to squeezing as much juice as possible out of retelling a single scifi story from the late 1970s

lol how did they ever get harrison ford to agree to that

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Sagebrush posted:

in this episode of star trek, data is unsuccessful in inducing an emotional response in himself by viewing erotic images, so he's created a holodeck borg which he is repeatedly choking out in an attempt to feel something.

uh

TNG Season 8
@TNG_S8
·
Feb 9
Wonder no more: all TNG Season 8 writing is being channeled into Star Trek: Lower Decks- coming to CBS All Access this year. 🖖

you've ruined all of this wesley

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he’s not an especially discerning actor. he just did that Call of the Wild CG bullshit, not to mention The Force Awakens

e: and the loving Expendables lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that dude smokes a lot of weed

if someone can tell him he owes tax money he'll be the next nic cage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i mean my point is that he clearly hated being associated with star wars and only agreed to force awakens so that they could finally kill him off

like you'd think he'd stay far far away from anything scifi franchise-shaped

but yeah i guess he is really high like all the time. dude has an earring now too like so much parrothead lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

TNG Season 8
@TNG_S8
·
Feb 9
Wonder no more: all TNG Season 8 writing is being channeled into Star Trek: Lower Decks- coming to CBS All Access this year. 🖖

you've ruined all of this wesley

ngl lower decks is pretty legit though

i welcome the 3 pages of rageposting in response to this

i like it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
han dying halfway through the force awakens was the most predictable thing

there was no way ford was going to stick around for all three movies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the first episode was pretty dire but there were some parts of the second and third that made me smile. haven't seen past that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i mean my point is that he clearly hated being associated with star wars and only agreed to force awakens so that they could finally kill him off

he was in Rise of Skywalker too though. didn’t hate it more than them checks

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

like you'd think he'd stay far far away from anything scifi franchise-shaped

but yeah i guess he is really high like all the time. dude has an earring now too like so much parrothead lol

i thought it was cool when carrie fisher took herself out of the game

guy you just don't need me in these movies anymore i'm good i'm good

and hey let's all kick her in the backdoor and say she used drugs

wait no loving ford, he used some drugs

wait all these old people don't give a gently caress about star wars, well now i'm upset

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdxkmFji9zs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ghouliani was definitely tucking his shirt directly into his penis

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The Harrison Ford "I really don't care" response to the interviewer who asked him who shot first makes me crack up each time.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it would break my heart to find out Ford didn’t like Chewbacca.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lower decks is good

also holy poo poo jackie brown is probably tarantino's best. didn't expect that. nice.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

lower decks is good

also holy poo poo jackie brown is probably tarantino's best. didn't expect that. nice.

probably?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

here;'s a hot take: the star wars sequels were very bad.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

fart simpson posted:

here;'s a hot take: the star wars sequels were very bad.

not all of them

at all times

sometimes there was good poo poo especially if you only liked Star Wars for epic space battles

then even episode iii had some moments

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

there was one good star wars movie out of, what, 10 by now? and all these disney movies caused millions of weird nerds to create a fandom around a single good disney movie or some poo poo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Interstellar is terrible, though. It is the canonical example that Christopher Nolan produces films where the sun is less than the total of its parts.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Beamed posted:

there was one good star wars movie out of, what, 10 by now? and all these disney movies caused millions of weird nerds to create a fandom around a single good disney movie or some poo poo

but who cares about the fandom I paid ten dollars and got ten bucks worth of awesome space action

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9GRYa_3gno&feature=share

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

When i was a kid and not aware of how poisonous heinlein or joe haldeman were, I was a big fan of The Forever War which was like multigenerational vietnam in space

everyone knows about Heinlein but what's wrong with Haldeman?

Jonny 290 posted:

no but i'm down with big timespan stuff liek that. i'll cue it ty for the rec!

when it comes to big timespans nothing beats Olaf Stapledon

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 25, 2020

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

ngl lower decks is pretty legit though

i welcome the 3 pages of rageposting in response to this

i like it

its very good and got better as they started balancing the lower decks and the command crew in the later episodes

being a sitcom it is freed from the problems that plague picard and discovery and feels a lot more like tng especially once they found their joke/storytelling footing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

somebody posted this short story a while ago and I finally got around to reading it. it's good.

https://rifters.com/real/shorts/PeterWatts_Malak.pdf

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Achmed Jones posted:

somebody posted this short story a while ago and I finally got around to reading it. it's good.

https://rifters.com/real/shorts/PeterWatts_Malak.pdf

yyah its a dece read

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
did noone post this yet

https://twitter.com/DLandis07/status/1320097171686019072

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

yeezy going for the millennial vote

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

politics 101 is you shouldn't make divisive statements like that

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FMguru posted:

the underlying message is that if you have trouble making friends and are good at video games and solving kings quest graphic adventure puzzles then its because you are a genius and are probably the reincarnation of sun tzu and the eventual savior of the human race (much like that other picked-upon fellow, jesus christ)

not hard to see how it picked up the audience that it did

did ernest cline do anything original lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Agile Vector posted:

did ernest cline do anything original lol

this guy?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

don’t talk to me or my son ever again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
a good friend of mine had a delorean in college, he wrecked it like three times they're p cheap

also they're really annoying to smoke out of, that little trapezoid is the only part of the window that opens

basically what i'm saiyin is what do you think ernest cline's bttf modkit delorean has as the custom license plate

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

he definitely has a custom plate but I bet it is ECTO 1

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ooh, close, but that would only be one reference. he can do better

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
jesus christ

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

wtf is ecto88?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

wtf is ecto88?

ghostbusters plate and the '88 mph' quote from bttf

i want to beat that dude