Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

rydiafan posted:

This album is so loving good.

oh poo poo he came out with a new one? hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

every single teenager and lower 20 something is feeling threatened right now.

Also I remember in the early aughts this meme would be a guy doing one push up and being like hot gf pls.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

Not Tupac, but I guess this guy deserves out of his wack-rear end crystal prison too

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I know, I know
It's serioooous

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mind the walrus posted:

:agreed:
I'm in my 30s so I'm in the sweet spot for being too old for Billie Ellish, and too young to properly rep the "glory days" of metal, so I'm gonna make a confession just for the Boomers:

I was underwhelmed like loving whoa when I got around to digging into the "best" of Metallica, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, etc. I remember being especially disappointed in Anthrax, Megadeath, and Slayer. Like yeah the singles everyone knows are worth a drat, it's not like they're "overrated" in any adolescent sense, but drat was Spinal Tap way more accurate than I had thought. Old metalheads need to know when to gtfo out of the way and be happy with the seeds they've sown.

I'm also in my 30s (like most of SA these days) and, as a former punk/metalhead, I will say that Billie loving rips. Her music rules and she seems like a cool person.

"Bury A Friend" is especially good.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Music, television, movies, food, beverages, cars, clothes, furniture, and electronics, are all better than they've ever been in the past. Old people just want to remember a time when they weren't old.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Music, television, movies, food, beverages, cars, clothes, furniture, and electronics, are all better than they've ever been in the past. Old people just want to remember a time when they weren't old.

If media stalled when I was young and free we'd all be listening to Powerman 5000.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Inzombiac posted:

If media stalled when I was young and free we'd all be listening to Powerman 5000.

I saw this on Spotify a couple weeks back out of nowhere and well... thank god we aren’t is all I can say.

https://youtu.be/MYMmu2az4pk

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Inzombiac posted:

I saw them live once. they were opening for Danzig.

I'm not entirely sure why I went to see Danzig

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Twenty years from now the turds in this generation are going to be reminiscing about how great billie eilish was and how much hivemind 8 sucks

The best music is the music from your 15-24 years as has been true since the first caveman complained about shaped wood sucks bring back bang rock

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I lost my virginity to bang rock

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Music and popular culture peaked when I was an emotionally formative adolescent and you'll never convince me otherwise. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
WTF are "movies"?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm not sure if that's young Hetfield or another generic thrash dude I'm basically a Zoomer

E: why is 'Hatfield' in my autocorrect but only with a capital

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield%E2%80%93McCoy_feud

A feud so infamous that it became a common phrase to say people are fighting "like Hatfields and McCoys".

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Geode dude is real, and strong, and he's my friend.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

mind the walrus posted:

I'm in my 30s so I'm in the sweet spot for being too old for Billie Ellish, and too young to properly rep the "glory days" of metal, so I'm gonna make a confession just for the Boomers:

I was underwhelmed like loving whoa when I got around to digging into the "best" of Metallica, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, etc. I remember being especially disappointed in Anthrax, Megadeath, and Slayer. Like yeah the singles everyone knows are worth a drat, it's not like they're "overrated" in any adolescent sense, but drat was Spinal Tap way more accurate than I had thought. Old metalheads need to know when to gtfo out of the way and be happy with the seeds they've sown.

Metal is the anime of music

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

WTF are "movies"?

A series of still images put together to create the illusion of movement.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

The best music is the music from your 15-24 years as has been true since the first caveman complained about shaped wood sucks bring back bang rock

I listen to exactly 1 band from that time period regularly, the rest only occasionally when the mood strikes.

Also I guess I don't "get" Ellish.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

canyoneer posted:

Metal is the anime of music

It's more like D&D larp.

Everyone comes up with characters and backstories and it's all sppoky lore and mythos.

Metal and prog rock is the dweebiest poo poo. Just write songs about loving and how you're sad when you're not loving. No one cares about your enchanted tale of the cemetery man.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Just write songs about loving and how you're sad when you're not loving. No one cares about your enchanted tale of the cemetery man.

Type O- manages to do both tho.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Manager Hoyden posted:

Hear hear.
I, and a lot of other Aussie '90s youth are gonna be lowered into the ground to this stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrFkcDhfsYE

sarcastx has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Oct 25, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Metal owns sorry.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I need Billie Eilish to release another album so that my wife can stop playing the

same

ten

loving

songs

over and over again.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Trabant posted:

I need Billie Eilish to release another album so that my wife can stop playing the

same

ten

loving

songs

over and over again.

No need to be a bad guy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

It's more like D&D larp.

Everyone comes up with characters and backstories and it's all sppoky lore and mythos.

Metal and prog rock is the dweebiest poo poo. Just write songs about loving and how you're sad when you're not loving. No one cares about your enchanted tale of the cemetery man.
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1170859386379616258?lang=en
no see prog rock is great

(I like prog rock)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Guillermus posted:

Metal owns sorry.

Itself, yes

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Just write songs about loving and how you're sad when you're not loving. No one cares about your enchanted tale of the cemetery man.

the loving song market is saturated, hence the cemetery niche filling

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Cemetery Man is real. And he's my friend.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It is with a heavy heart that I must report that the cemetery man's reddit account was discovered and he took his own life during an FBI raid.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/HackingThings/status/1318609389033385991?s=20

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

CainFortea posted:

Also I guess I don't "get" Ellish.

*in a gen-z voice* Vape some good weed and listen to "Ocean Eyes." Unless you're too old and get the coughy coughs, millenial scum.
Billie is good

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

*in a gen-z voice* Vape some good weed and listen to "Ocean Eyes." Unless you're too old and get the coughy coughs, millenial scum.
Billie is good

this song which is probably her number one radio play song

it's good

like it's catchy and it's good but

wait i'm gonna look it up*

"google posted:

Does Billie Eilish have a boyfriend?

Feedback

*it's bad guy i feel really let down somehow

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

When I crave a quick sugar rush I do often resort back to music I liked from between I was, say 11 and 25, but I like plenty of music from before and after as well. People who get stuck in that timeframe simply have a limited taste and that's okay, they just don't need to pontificate about it. I remember getting Dua Lipa's self-titled debut album a few years ago as a Christmas gift and my best friend mocked me for it: "Pope Hilarius II, I first thought you were simply perving out to young pop queens, but it's worse than that, you actually like their music."

Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think about this Clickhole article whenever I hear about a new pop artist.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I want a kick I go and listen to MxPx and laugh at my horrible teenage musical taste.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm probably going to listen to Wolves in Wolves' Clothing two or three times a year until I die, and I love prog rock.

It's me, the bad music listener.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Let ye who is without cringe pop cast the first stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

mind the walrus posted:

I'm just gonna say gently caress Anthrax in particular, because

yikes