Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Who What Now posted:

I absolutely cannot picture him telling a joke.

"Two men walk into a bar. And the bar, the bar represents chaos, because there is little social cohesion due to the consumption of alcohol breaking down the natural social contract that we all follow. And yet there is also great order, as we see the biggest and strongest men easily taking the most resources in the form of the destructive females. Furthermore-"

I read this in his voice, and threw up in my mouth a little. 100% spot on lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson broke into a Build-A-Bear just to gently caress the stuffing station.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"My students glued my office door shut four times because they're threatened by the truth"- An ahedonic frog with erectile dysfunction

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"Women terrify me almost as much as unfermented cider."--The air slowly leaking out of a stale balloon held by a birthday clown who knows he's not going to make rent this month

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"The double helix is clearly visible in the caduceus, indicating that the ancients, the white ones anyway, knew more profound wisdom than we credit them for."--A man wearing a fedora indoors at a party who everyone talks over as he keeps trying to start saying something

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jordan Peterson sexually assaulted so many of his student women that he was barred by the college from having office hours with his door closed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He just lectured at the women about modesty and the necessity of preserving heterosexuality or something, iirc.

EDIT: in this office with the door closed, I mean.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Could someone more talented than me do a Jorpologist impression for us please?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson emerges from a small tube that was accelerated through your window via a T-shirt cannon, "Sorry," he says as he emerges from the tube amongst the shattered remains of your window, "but this was the only way I could circumvent the sexual assault restrictions imposed upon me to tell you that you will die if you let the Jews score better than you on the SATs."

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate these posts

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Carlos Lantana posted:

Are there any pics or vids of him
- smiling laughing and having a good time

I got hold of a copy of 12 Rules and read the Clean Your Room chapter and the only thing it taught me was that Jordan Peterson has never had a good time in his life. Specifically, he asserts that happiness doesn't actually exist, but it's sorta satisfying to impose structure on your life. He doesn't bother arguing the former, considering it obvious that misery is a universal human condition, and loosely ties the latter to a bunch of random bible quotes in which some kings rise and fall based on how much control they exert over their subjects. It's a big meandering mess that has clearly never seen an editor. It made me very curious about the "Be Precise in Your Speech" chapter, but by the third paragraph that had yet to make a point, I knew I had read enough.

I know armchair analysis is frowned upon, but the man very obviously has a crippling case of anhedonia and decided to become a spokesnazi because exerting power over others (women in particular) is the only thing that makes him feel human.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I got hold of a copy of 12 Rules and read the Clean Your Room chapter and the only thing it taught me was that Jordan Peterson has never had a good time in his life. Specifically, he asserts that happiness doesn't actually exist, but it's sorta satisfying to impose structure on your life. He doesn't bother arguing the former, considering it obvious that misery is a universal human condition, and loosely ties the latter to a bunch of random bible quotes in which some kings rise and fall based on how much control they exert over their subjects. It's a big meandering mess that has clearly never seen an editor. It made me very curious about the "Be Precise in Your Speech" chapter, but by the third paragraph that had yet to make a point, I knew I had read enough.

I know armchair analysis is frowned upon, but the man very obviously has a crippling case of anhedonia and decided to become a spokesnazi because exerting power over others (women in particular) is the only thing that makes him feel human.

Yeah, he's very clearly a severely, tremendously miserable person, and it would've been sad had he not chosen to be harmful with his misery

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Armchair analysis is actually totally fine imho. There's a certain arrogance and hypocrisy in precluding anyone except other "academics" from critiquing your material if your entire M.O is to reach a vast public audience.

While I disagree with laypeople arguing against, say, epidemiologists; this is a man whos engaging the public to spread his very personalized ideas about his preferred models for social order. Everyone gets a say in that, especially if the guy seems a little off. You shouldnt need to possess an esoteric PhD to say, "Yeah there's something fundamentally wrong with this dude and I don't like his ideas." Thats just the worst kind of gatekeeping.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
:rip: BillyBlanks, consumed by the dragon of chaos known as genesplicer. At least he has plenty of time to clean his room now

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i don't understand how peterson can still have devoted followers. you would think his message of "make sure your entire life is in order before you criticize society!" would make him look like a gigantic hypocrite considering he was preaching this message when addicted to benzos

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BillyBlanks posted:

May your upcoming years of truckin and fuckin inform you that fetishizing the gay and trans communities and rabidly defending their illusionary attackers is gonna look embarrassing once the fad is over.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Can't wait for the fad of your life to be over

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rutibex posted:

i don't understand how peterson can still have devoted followers. you would think his message of "make sure your entire life is in order before you criticize society!" would make him look like a gigantic hypocrite considering he was preaching this message when addicted to benzos

as long as he still hates trans people etc i think theyll be able to stomach it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
They don't care about Jordan himself, they care that he can use lots of smart sounding words to justify their belief that women and queer people are destroying society and are the reason they're miserable.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

people like jorp or trump are living nigerian prince scams, the grift is so obvious and the personal flaws so present that the only people who can sincerely become fans of these broken baby men are themselves broken baby men. like you have to have severe interpersonal, emotional, or intellectual deficiencies in the first place to not immediately spot jorp as a con artist. but there's always plenty of fools running around out there looking for a more famous fool to tell them how to act

Phony Horse
Oct 22, 2020

I remember reading about Jordan Peterson’s experimental treatment months ago and thinking “how does this guy with a PhD have less common sense than i do?”

I’ve been through severe klonopin withdrawal in the past year and I can honestly say that while it was terrible, I doubt that having been put into a coma would have improved the situation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
a PhD doesnt mean you are generally smart, it means you are very good at one extremely specific thing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It means you can convince other PhDs that you can join their club.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Rutibex posted:

a PhD doesnt mean you are generally smart, it means you are very good at one extremely specific thing

Frequently a) a thing of interest to a tiny fraction of people and b) at a steep opportunity cost in terms of personality development, q.e.d

IbrahimSom
May 30, 2020

by Pragmatica
If you like Jordan Peterson you are probably a racist/sexist and unhip. Don't clean your room. Engage in low pleasure and drugs to deal with your low place in the dominance hierarchy. Lobsters are just food.

--Goon Hivemind

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

IbrahimSom posted:

If you like Jordan Peterson you are a loving moron

--Goon Hivemind

There op, i fixed it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

IbrahimSom posted:

If you like Jordan Peterson you are probably a racist/sexist and unhip. Don't clean your room. Engage in low pleasure and drugs to deal with your low place in the dominance hierarchy. Lobsters are just food.

--Goon Hivemind

fascinating. please expand on these points

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

IbrahimSom posted:

--Goon Hivemind

go on

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The worlds greatest mind defeated by apple juice

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

IbrahimSom posted:

I unironically agree with this statement.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

IbrahimSom posted:

--Goon Hivemind

If you like J.P. you are definitely un-hip. If you subscribe to ideas like "dominance hierarchies" you are not only un-cool, but also a stupid misanthropic piece of poo poo.

JP supporters all sound EXACTLY like the PUAs of the early 2000s, has anyone noticed that? Its all the boys who got picked last putting on striped shirts and lecturing you about "game" like its some big secret.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It's me, Jordan Peterson. I'm not racist, transphobic, sexist, or a low effort wannabe intellectual.

But I'm #1 with people who are.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Rutibex posted:

I read the entire thread and I was pretty mesmerized (as one is as mesmerized by a car crash, holy poo poo piss) and its pretty irrefutable that if the man isn't a total racist, homophobe (and he is), etc that he's a complete nutcase.

Looking at the people who are his fans... I'd say they have a butt load of problems and are looking for a scapegoat.

With that said I think it's telling there's some people who have fallen through the cracks in our lovely society and need this dumbass. Remove the need for the dumbass and we'll all be better off.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s fascinating that it’s a guy like Jorp who’s espousing all this midcentury dominance grandpa masculinity, given that he’s a hugely uncharismatic dork who would absolutely have been beaten up every day and had sand kicked in his face if he were a kid in the 50s instead of in the 70s. I don’t see how he can be a credible voice on masculinity given how big of a failure he is at it.

I mean

I want to dunk his head into a toilet right now for that, and I wasn’t even born when it happened.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I mean

I want to dunk his head into a toilet right now for that, and I wasn’t even born when it happened.

It’s a constant source of bafflement to me that these loving inadequates idolize dorks they’d probably have given swirlies to if they were at school together. See also Nigel Farage, Adolf, B.Shap et.al

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

IbrahimSom posted:

--Goon Hivemind

Three genuine questions for you:

-I assume "don't clean your rooms" and "do drugs" are meant to be slams on us, and also that you feel we are being unfairly derisive towards Jordan B. Peterson. Yet he has never actually cleaned his own room and has been on medical leave for like a year due to his drug addiction. Are not cleaning your room and spending your days getting high a thing reasons for which one should be mocked or are they not?

-What exactly is a "low pleasure" and what contrasts it? Should one strive for high pleasure instead, or is pleasure in any form a false opiate?

-Would you care to elaborate on this "dominance hierarchy" of yours? Where do you place compared to the average goon? Where does someone like Jordan Peterson place, and has his recent misadventure affected his ranking?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The lobsters sentence makes that a pretty obvious troll post imho

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

True lobsters neg women to show their alpha-dog status at Buffalo Wild Wing's $1 wing night in Livonia Michigan

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

xtal posted:

The lobsters sentence makes that a pretty obvious troll post imho

It better not be, it took me like three edit passes to not make a single drug pun.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
of all the threads i could reasonably expect to be a Rutibex creation, i did not expect one on Jordan Peterson
a swift return to the fortified baby changing station is required

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I had sex with Jordan Peterson.