Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It's kind of silly that DbD doesn't have a concede option for when you're the last survivor. My survival rate has gone up quite a bit with Spine Chill and holy lmao even with no sound and being aggressive on generators, I'm still running into multiple games where my fellow three survivors either get scragged almost immediately or DC when they get hooked once. I'm not confident enough in my skills to solo survivor when there's still 3+ generators left to go.

Also why is there no ability to practice killer skills in a solo map so you can get used to how they work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
When you're the last survivor, you either go for the hatch or camp an exit gate if you feel like the killer's bound to find the hatch faster than you. Remember, the hatch spawns as soon as the number of completed gens is higher than the number of survivors still in the game. So if the team managed to at least get three gens done, you can run around when it's just down to 2 survivors and try to spot it in case things go south.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Der Shovel posted:

As an aside is there any way to turn that off? These are the saltiest, most toxic motherfuckers I've seen in a game and I could do without racist and homophobic abuse after ~most games.

The .ini adjustments will work, but you may not need to go that far. Just click the ">>" to minimize the chat in the survivor lobby prior to/after the game or post-game as killer. That should stay closed until you choose to open it again. (odds are that step updates the .ini)

I've edited my .ini to get a proper 16:9 ratio on my ultrawide monitor, but that's the extent of my hacking.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
I got double hatched once... two remaining survivors. They ran for it together, I chased them, and was like three or four steps behind as they both hopped down :negative:

I also seem to have leveled up to the point where my beginner's luck/general FPS competence is no longer a substitute for actual game knowledge. I'm no longer reliably getting 3k/4ks and 2 or 3 times I've had all 4 escape me. It's probably for the best.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Azran posted:

When you're the last survivor, you either go for the hatch or camp an exit gate if you feel like the killer's bound to find the hatch faster than you. Remember, the hatch spawns as soon as the number of completed gens is higher than the number of survivors still in the game. So if the team managed to at least get three gens done, you can run around when it's just down to 2 survivors and try to spot it in case things go south.

That is an option but I've heard that one of the primary ways to detect a hatch is to listen for a wind sort of sound :negative:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

That is an option but I've heard that one of the primary ways to detect a hatch is to listen for a wind sort of sound :negative:

Bill has a perk that highlights the hatch's aura if you're the last person. It's rated lowly, because the vast majority of games it does literally nothing, but it is an option.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Yeah, once it's open there's a loud vmmmm-WHOOOOOOOOSH kind of sound coming out of it, if you play the game with headphones you can usually find it from a fair distance, though it's not made quieter by walls or obstacles so sometimes you'll end up having to figure out your way around some stuff while not letting the survivor get there first.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

It only makes that noise when it opens, but it spawns closed if there are more finished gens than survivors so you can at least start scouting for it if things are going south. It also only spawns in specific locations around the map so you can use that info to start narrowing down possibilities. It also can't spawn if something's taking up that spot - so for example if the killer shack has a generator then the hatch won't spawn in there.

But really I just wouldn't worry too much about it. If you get it you get it if you don't oh well.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I held off on getting the Hag because she seemed like the Nurse but slower, but I got her anyways because Ruin sounded really appealing. I didn't realize that her teleport to traps is instantaneous with basically no animation. How could I have been so blind?

Why yes I would like a killer than can face tank hooks as long as she is in a 40 meter radius of it, thank you for asking. I just need to get better at figuring out what counts as "40 meters".

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 25, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't want to level The Cannibal to 35 for BBQ & Chili, because I think Hag, Nurse, Spirit, and Wraith, are the most fun

Is the perk that good for it??

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Boba Pearl posted:

I don't want to level The Cannibal to 35 for BBQ & Chili, because I think Hag, Nurse, Spirit, and Wraith, are the most fun

Is the perk that good for it??

Yes.

But you don't have to play him, just play other killers you like and sink the BP from playing them into Bubba.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

Yes.

But you don't have to play him, just play other killers you like and sink the BP from playing them into Bubba.

although ironically that will take you twice as long, because he's the only one that starts with barbecue and chili.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

A good Wraith is really hard to play against. Use your Sprint Burst to get to a relatively safe loop and prepare to run in circles as best you can?

:confused:

Anyhow, Wraith is addon dependent, and as far as I know there's two major Wraith routes.

They either go Uncloak build, where they try and uncloak by survivors to immediately bop them, or the silent/stealthy builds where they try and pop out from around a corner. Regardless, both builds require Wraith to move around and Uncloak, so as survivor you want to spend a lot of time scanning and really looking for Wraith's shimmer. If you get any view of Wraith before he pops out, you should immediately head to a loop point since the only thing Wraith can do to actually down you is bop you twice with basic attacks, and he has no real chaser ability mid-chase. Wraith will generally find you, but like, run around in circles and drop pallets on him to be rude.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

CuddleCryptid posted:

Why yes I would like a killer than can face tank hooks as long as she is in a 40 meter radius of it, thank you for asking. I just need to get better at figuring out what counts as "40 meters".

Play as Nurse and use the range finder addon(plaid patch), your first blink goes out to 20m, your second goes out to 12m but you have a limited time to actually activate it by 11-12m. Add a good chunk of a second blink to that 30ishm and 40m! 30m is also the default terror radius and 38-40m is that plus Distressing.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

I held off on getting the Hag because she seemed like the Nurse but slower, but I got her anyways because Ruin sounded really appealing. I didn't realize that her teleport to traps is instantaneous with basically no animation. How could I have been so blind?

If you wanna be the biggest rear end in a top hat, grab Make Your Choice. It's not fun to deal with but oh well. It also activates at 32m so you can use it lighting up to help get a feel for distance.

But yeah she is absolutely nothing like the Nurse other than that they both conceptually teleport. Except Nurse really just moves super fast through objects.

Nurse also might be the only killer I've played that I feel can really use Dark Devotion. Being able to pop the obsession then warp over to a generator you're pretty sure people are at is fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Would there be any interest in putting together Kill Your Friends games among goons? It might be nice to have a chance for some chiller games, to play some non-meta killers etc.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I'm down.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I 'd also be down, we'd need a discord tho

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Also, I have been a lovely OP, can people post links and stuff they want in the OP?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Boba Pearl posted:

Also, I have been a lovely OP, can people post links and stuff they want in the OP?
Otz's video about which killers make fun mains, and essential knowledge for new killers.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

Don't worry you're far from the worst OP

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I added those, and also this Spreadsheet on which Killers should use which perks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uk0OnioNZgLly_Y9pZ1o0p3qYS9-mpknkv3DlkXAxGA/edit#gid=1886110215

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The Co-op Goon discord run by Vox isn't a bad choice imo.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Got a lucky locker find and instant DC :discourse:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Co-op Discord works well, has a spooky channel. We could vote for a night to gather? I'm good for any of them after 8 PM EST.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Danknificent posted:

Got a lucky locker find and instant DC :discourse:

The number of times I have been accused of hacking or asked "how???" amuses me to no end. Like it's either obvious that it's one of the only things they could have done to disappear so suddenly, or my headphones pick up the squeak of a locker door even if they have Quick & Quiet.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Evil Kit posted:

The number of times I have been accused of hacking or asked "how???" amuses me to no end. Like it's either obvious that it's one of the only things they could have done to disappear so suddenly, or my headphones pick up the squeak of a locker door even if they have Quick & Quiet.
I've gotten this a couple of times, I think from people doing SWF and then they have some strategy such as "everyone stick together and go hide in the same place" and, shockingly, I find them, and then they do the same drat thing over and over. Or when you do what I assume are mid-range plays like 'hook someone, wander off about fifteen yards, spirit-step back to the hook just in time to stab the both of them.' It's like, what the gently caress did you expect me to do, Captain Flashlight?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

"Maybe Legion really is too weak for high ranks!" - Me, an idiot, worried before a clean 4K and a very special 3K.

:eyepop: Got Adept Legion vs a bunch of reds, though I think the idea one survivor had of trading 6 pallets in a row for the time I spent kicking them down came back to haunt her when three chases went back through the same area. :twisted:

All Killers fun.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I feel as though I'm doing well with Leatherface. I only just now realized that my killer rank going *down* is a good thing.

How do I optimally get BP to invest in other champs? I seem to get the most with Leatherface with the chili thing. (And I seem to win/do better with leatherface overall, so more BP)--should I play him to get the BP, then sink it into my other champs? Is that smart?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, BBQ&C gives you an extra 100% of what you earn in a trial, which goes over the 32k cap per match. Just play whatever character you want and dump the BPs you earn into any other character, that what people do to level survivors up. Taking a killer you enjoy to level 50 is great once you've earned a lot of teachables since every bloodweb at 50 will offer you four perks, from which you can pick two.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you like playing Leatherface right now, ride that wave to level 35 so you can get BBQ&Chili as a teachable perk that will show up in other killers' trees. At that point you can just play/level up anybody and have a chance of getting it to show up in their bloodweb, at which point, hey now bonus BP are within that killer's grasp as well.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I know it depends on how the web generates, but what's a good estimate in BP to level a new character to 40?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Doomykins posted:

"Maybe Legion really is too weak for high ranks!" - Me, an idiot, worried before a clean 4K and a very special 3K.

:eyepop: Got Adept Legion vs a bunch of reds, though I think the idea one survivor had of trading 6 pallets in a row for the time I spent kicking them down came back to haunt her when three chases went back through the same area. :twisted:

All Killers fun.

no killer is too weak for high ranks because rank is barely a measure of skill. Basically past rank 15 the average skill goes up very little per rank, and even red ranks can be big dumb dumbs.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I know it depends on how the web generates, but what's a good estimate in BP to level a new character to 40?

~1 million. 1.5 if you're really inefficient but that's typically closer to the cost to get back to 50.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I take a special kind of delight sacrificing a sweaty red rank twitch streamer with my level 10 killer and then looking at their stream after the match to see them explain that they aren't really mad, it's just frustrating yknow

This is why you have four subs, Jason

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The pip up system is super annoying to actually fill, but

:coolfish:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Azran posted:

Yeah, BBQ&C gives you an extra 100% of what you earn in a trial, which goes over the 32k cap per match. Just play whatever character you want and dump the BPs you earn into any other character, that what people do to level survivors up. Taking a killer you enjoy to level 50 is great once you've earned a lot of teachables since every bloodweb at 50 will offer you four perks, from which you can pick two.

Thanks. I think I will. I got 66kish in one game last night, and 50 in another, while I'm averaging maybe 20 with other killers. And the occasional like... 13k when the survivors just obliterate me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Studio posted:

The pip up system is super annoying to actually fill, but

:coolfish:
Grats!

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
the game has a ranking system like those in card games like hearthstone or gwent that tend to just trend you upwards the more you play. You can't really "plateau" like you can in rocket league or dota or whatever.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

If anything, I find the red rank survivors are the ones who are *really* good at loving with the auto-aim so sure hits repeatedly turn into nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this game looks dope, how well would you guys say it's help up over the years? Once a sale happens again I'll probably end up getting it, but I'm only really interested in playing Guy Who's Legally Not Ghostface, but is Instead Wearing the Same Mask Ghostface Does in "Scream".

Been blasting through Otz's channel too.