Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

MechaX posted:

How did that man even get to this point (not That Man, I painfully know that now, but Gear Project)

1) Obsessive hatred for anything that could possibly be called fanfiction/headcanon 2) the subconscious racist assumption that being black is something special that needs to be proven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Blade believes you cannot be called black unless your skin tone is literally #000000, you do not under any circumstances have to play devil's advocate for him

ky isnt white because his skin tone isnt literally #FFFFFF

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

AnonSpore posted:

Blade believes you cannot be called black unless your skin tone is literally #000000, you do not under any circumstances have to play devil's advocate for him

it took us like 7 years to ban this guy on dustloop btw

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AnonSpore posted:

rofl no way

related, I just started reading ullillillia's book and hoo boy it's so good

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Spanish Manlove posted:

rofl no way

related, I just started reading ullillillia's book and hoo boy it's so good

This guy is Evil Uli

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

AnonSpore posted:

would this man's head explode if he was shown a picture of steph curry?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://focusattack.com/seimitsu-40th-anniversary-ls-32-01-pcb-type-joystick/

Seimitsu 40th anniversany ls-32 pack is up for preorder

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Just go watch the PCP University lecture on GG lore.

the people involved with that have their own problems

it's safe to assume anyone talking at end about anime lore or anime videogame lore or videogame lore or any lore is a bad person for some reason or another

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

there's two words i hate more than anything and they always seem to go together and they're lore and fandom

anyway i'm really looking forward to the ggpo patch and i've been practicing my dubious curve loops and everything and it's cool to be excited about a game for once

edit since someone mentioned 3s:

Hace posted:

gbvs is def bleeding but it gets played a lot for online tournies and the like. you don't see nlbc shelling out sponsorship cash for 3s. the clr update + no locals def hurt uni but it still got played for like, years lol.

i don't really see that many people talk about 3s or ST, besides the regular olds.

3s has its own donation based cash thing like nlbc does for other games called the jazzy circuit, it's been delayed for covid reasons but has had online qualification events with prizes before

https://matcherino.com/t/jazzy21

also I believe it's sponsored by some tiny beef jerky company or something

brian fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Oct 23, 2020

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
thats cool

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

everything should be lore

rename colleges to lorezones

and professors should be loremasters

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Smoking Crow posted:

rename colleges to lorezones

and professors should be loremasters

Unironically, this would have helped me back in school. It gets me into a different mindset, such is the human mind.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Works of fiction rated by length: War and Peace, Finnegan's Wake, a complete single-spaced printout of the single player story mode of Ragna the Bloodedge

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
unfortunately the longest pieces of fiction are now the homestuck canon as well as a super smash brothers brawl fanfiction

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
You forget the sacred tomes... a My Little Pony Fallout mashup

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

unfortunately the longest pieces of fiction are now the homestuck canon as well as a super smash brothers brawl fanfiction

i believe The Wandering Inn recently overtook both of those which means the longest piece of english fiction is actually good

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

You mean the spinoff of that one.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Gutcruncher posted:

You mean the original (which, on search, is larger than freakin' War and Peace), or the spinoffs?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jazerus posted:

i believe The Wandering Inn recently overtook both of those which means the longest piece of english fiction is actually good

Wandering Inn has an estimated 3 million words. The serialized novel Devta has well over 11 million, all of it the author paid to write by a publisher and running for 33 years straight, so good luck Englishailures.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Wow! Those are truly some "Hard Reads"!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

J.A.B.C. posted:

You mean the original (which, on search, is larger than freakin' War and Peace), or the spinoffs?

And which spinoff? Cause there are two (off the top of my head) that are longer than the original.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Don''t know what the previous page is about but I always found it perplexing that Angel's skin color changes in KOF 14 depending on the color selection. I mean she's my favorite character but I'm wondering why her

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

night slime posted:

Don''t know what the previous page is about but I always found it perplexing that Angel's skin color changes in KOF 14 depending on the color selection. I mean she's my favorite character but I'm wondering why her

that happens with a lot of fighting game characters?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yeah, that's pretty common by now. Some devs even specifically make sure to have light and dark skin colors for all characters.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Yeah I remember lighter colors over games. I think it's mostly jarring to me because she's the only one in 14 that has it. It doesn't like offend me, I'm just kinda amused with her as the pick

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
She isn't "the pick". Just looking at a palette list video King of Dinosaurs also has a dark skin alt (granted, it's not the easiest thing to notice). But also, Falcoon art from kof 2002 with a dark-skinned Angel popped up almost immediately so it's a notion that's old enough to drink alcohol where I live.

If anything, I'm surprised at the lack of skin variance in 14, 13 had a lot, and not just dark skin for almost everyone, also red and blue and so on for some.

Chev fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 25, 2020

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

a new rating system based on color palettes that make characters look like the Joker, Superman, Mr. Met,

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Wow! Those are truly some "Hard Reads"!

omfg I just got the joke in the thread title :doh:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Chev posted:

Yeah, that's pretty common by now. Some devs even specifically make sure to have light and dark skin colors for all characters.

Some even make it as figures too.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Archer666 posted:

This is a normal dragon install. And this... is to go... even further beyond!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

heck a couple alt palettes have wound up becoming actual characters. rera in samsho, 2b's second color in soul calibur was made an actual character in ff14, dark pit in kid icarus uprising was based on a color pit had in brawl.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goku Badguy :confused:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Goku Badguy :confused:

Please don't leak the next fighter for DBFZ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Archer666 posted:

drat, gyaru sol looking twink as hell.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Archer666 posted:

Galo sengen Solbadguy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

drat, gyaru sol looking twink as hell.

I think that's more twunk than twink.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Black clothes, dark skin, blonde hair is a palette that's shared by a lot of the Xrd characters. Chipp and Millia also have it for example. Blue and white clothes with blonde hair is also a common one; I think all the female characters have it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

AnonSpore posted:

Black clothes, dark skin, blonde hair is a palette that's shared by a lot of the Xrd characters. Chipp and Millia also have it for example. Blue and white clothes with blonde hair is also a common one; I think all the female characters have it.

Slayer has it in Xrd, he;s a pretty boy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You know someone is trash if they pick Adachi's joker colours or Hyde's Kira Yamato set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

chumbler posted:

I think that's more twunk than twink.

Sol will be entirely lats and delts by the time GG strive redemptor X apocalypse comes out.