Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I modelled my life after a lobster. I lie on the sea floor eating garbage and loving lady lobsters. My room is immaculate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mx. posted:

I modelled my life after a lobster. I lie on the sea floor eating garbage and loving lady lobsters. My room is immaculate

Jordan Peterson was spotted on the ocean floor doing sex with lobsterkind.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Get your hands off my lobsterwives

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've seen Jordan Peterson in the Mariana Trench performing sex acts similar to what the Chief in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest witnesses the black orderlies doing but Jordan Peterson is not African American.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
better clean your room, kiddo, or the chaos lobster'll get ya

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Humans don't know how to live, just look at those filthy bedrooms and delicious drugs. Lobsters... Lobsters know how to live

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson approached me in the jacuzzi at the Days Inn (Florida) and informed that since he is white his sex techniques are far more intelligent than those practiced by blackfolk. As he swam around in the jacuzzi like how a normal person would swim in a pool I saw a long line of semen sizzling under the water before I noticed him hurriedly clambering over the edge of the jacuzzi in embarrassment.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
low pleasure is pleasure from the lower parts of the body.

it comes in many forms

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Ah, you mean the feet

Lobsters have many feet

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

imagine being so depraved as to actually enjoy sexy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Badactura posted:

low pleasure is pleasure from the lower parts of the body.

it comes in many forms

Oh, like the pleasure of taking a good poo poo? Is that why he started the all-constipation diet?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Gentle Autist posted:

imagine being so depraved as to actually enjoy sexy

I dont do that sex stuff

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And also why he kept sexually harassing all those students? Hoping to kill their sex drive, as a favor?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Oh, like the pleasure of taking a good poo poo? Is that why he started the all-constipation diet?

Also why he put himself in a coma, once he realized he could still take pleasure in farting

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Badactura posted:

Also why he put himself in a coma, once he realized he could still take pleasure in farting

like a modern day diogenes casting aside his bowl

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I just got done watching "frozen" and started hysterically crying.

Because I knew that this film was the trumpet portending the doom of western civilization.

Phony Horse
Oct 22, 2020

lol, all this lobster talk is reminding me of this:

https://thenib.com/an-interview-with-professor-jordan-peterson/

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Hell I clean my room and I'm a god drat mess!

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i clean my room and im an alcoholic, check and mate peterson

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol can you even imagine modelin yur life around someone who gets their poo poo wrecked by a pair of rubber bands?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does he not say “clean your house” or “clean your home” because he understands that most of his fans live with their parents?

np19
Dec 25, 2016
I just read the Nathan Robinson criticism of Jordan Peterson and it articulated why this guy is off-putting to me. It is on Current Affairs and it is free.

Eddy-Baby
Mar 8, 2006

₤₤LOADSA MONAY₤₤

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I just got done watching "frozen" and started hysterically crying.

Because I knew that this film was the trumpet portending the doom of western civilization.

That's Frozen 2

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

remember when Jordan Peterson was like "Oh no, i poo poo my pants! I can't stop making GBS threads my pants!"

inspiring

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

While taking his "clean your room" stuff to literally mean "clean your room" is hilarious; the deeper connotations are that you should focus on yourself before critiquing others. I find that this is generally a good idea. HOWEVER,

The problem is that when you follow this train of thought the endgame is basically "Don't worry about anyone else, no matter how good or bad their ideas are, until you've reached some arbitrary indicator of personal success". This is of course ridiculous, and as we've seen, JP and his supporters will continually move goalposts, rendering the critique irrelevant. Its especially ridiculous when you examine the inherently exploitative nature of western capitalism. This idea summarily dismisses the agency of anyone who hasn't achieved a certain vague notion of self-actualization (poor, mentally-ill, minorities, women).

He specifically uses the "clean your room" analogy to denigrate people protesting increasingly dire economic conditions under western capitalism:

quote:

"My sense is that if you want to change the world, you start with yourself and work outward because you build your competence that way. I don't know how you can go out and protest the structure of the entire economic system if you can't keep your room organized."

-jorp on rogan

So while at face value this seems to be an easily digested slogan, what its actually doing is calling anyone who hasn't succeeded under the current system a lazy slob, a tiny aquatic insect that deserves the muddy scraps their forced to feed upon.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Also Jordan Peterson and Neil Strauss hanging out at a mall asking 19 year old girls, "Who do you think cheats more men or women?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's also just emphatically bullshit because countless extremely powerful people that effect enormous amounts of people in this country have varying degrees of disastrousness in their lives including adultery, alcoholism, pedophilia, spousal abuse, child abuse, etc. etc. so to claim that the average person should be in utter control of their life and mental faculties before they go out to campaign for change when the people in charge of this country can't help but being deranged rapists is the most transparent "The standards for poor people are much stricter than the standards for rich people." garbage on earth.

This isn't even getting into things like how the mentally ill might have difficulty "getting their life in order" because the system makes it extraordinarily difficult for them to receive adequate care, or how people living with abusive spouses or parents don't have control over what is happening in their household, there's so many exceptions that it becomes the most useless rule on earth. The only way it works is if you change it to "You should always try to clean your room." and nix the "before you criticize society." part but then it literally just becomes the same "You should always try to better yourself." advice that's been spread around for millenia.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What would have happened if Jorp had been invited to an Epstein party? So many boring conversations about the monomyth that everyone gets bored and leaves early? Calls the cops and blows the whole thing after leaving his wallet in the bathroom and assuming a teen chaos dragon took it?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Remember his intensely embarrassing and weird "Pokemon PC Game"?

Motherfucker had to be high as balls to think that was a good idea

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
No?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

https://youtu.be/U7Z54dgdZqg

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He always looks like he’s in pain. Like Christopher Lee’s dracula but grimacing in pain.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan Peterson is suffering.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I sense his pain. Jordan Peterson i sense your anguish.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol this thread has become quite a lightning rod

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol this thread has become quite a lightning rod

The guy earlier in the thread who was bemoaning the state of something awful and raging was some top tier goon freakouts. Imagine emotionally investing yourself in an intellectual grifter like Jordan Peterson. Like, I get it. He's eloquent and speaking about things you notice. But listen to everything he's actually saying.

This thread deserves going gold on that alone.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The guy earlier in the thread who was bemoaning the state of something awful and raging was some top tier goon freakouts. Imagine emotionally investing yourself in an intellectual grifter like Jordan Peterson. Like, I get it. He's eloquent and speaking about things you notice. But listen to everything he's actually saying.

This thread deserves going gold on that alone.

I done seent it i does! Haven't seen such scrub tier poo poo around these parts in a while.

Also lobsters are big sea roaches that aren't cool and monsterous like coconut crabs that no one eats and will eat a baby if you're not vigilante.

Seeing more gays and trans folk on the forums warms this old enbygoons heart :kimchi:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Clean your room" is a standard self-help phrase and decent advice in both senses. Literally, because it's something most peope have the ability to achieve, succeeding at something you set out to do is always nice and having a tidy room is pretty sweet. Figuratively, because it's good broad advice particularly for the kind of person who buys self-help books.

Jorpan doesn't actually offer any insight on how one should do so, and instead wields it against a cudgel against the poor and marginalized because he's a terrible author and person. There's a reason he has a very different following than someone like Marie Kondo.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

What would have happened if Jorp had been invited to an Epstein party? So many boring conversations about the monomyth that everyone gets bored and leaves early? Calls the cops and blows the whole thing after leaving his wallet in the bathroom and assuming a teen chaos dragon took it?

I mean, I assume his history of sexualizing and harassing young women gives a pretty good indication of what exactly would happen.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I kept hearing this commotion at night, right outside my window, all this commotion. Kept thinking it was just cats or raccoons or foxes or whatnot. Then one night I swear to God, you know I'm lying there trying to get to sleep and I'm in that state between wakefulness and sleep, so I'm real out of it, but I swear I hear this muttering, real low, it came with the commotion this evening so I was like "What on earth" but at first I was chalking up this low roar chattering to me just falling asleep but then I heard the commotion turn into a ruckus, just all kinds of loud business, clattering and banging, just some kind of big metal hootenanny going on out there. I say to myself, all tired and bleary eyed and just really whacked out, I said to myself, "My God, my God, what is all that brouhaha raging out there?" Two AM and I'm hearing muttering and all kinds of clamor and tumult. So I'm just real upset, my buttons are all kinds of pressed, I'm livid. I wrap my sleeping robe around me and put my sleeping slippers on and I'm heading out of my bedroom, just all ticked off, just really PO'ed and ready to tell someone or something what's what, I'm talking I was ready to pop my lid. So I start going towards my sliding door near my downstairs commode and you wouldn't believe it, but I swear it's true, it's all kind of wacky but it's really just what I heard, I heard some kind of murmuring about palatial correctness or something, like some real architecture nut going on about it but really pissy about it, I might have misheard but the voice was just this low hiss and so irate, just in a furor that I couldn't make it out one hundred percent. This has got me even more vexed so I grab that sliding door handle with both hands and slam that buddy open. Woo boy what I saw, I never thought I'd see it in my life I tell you what. You might even call it cockamamie, just a load of fiddle-dee-dee but I'm here and I'm telling it as I seen it an hoo Lord it was a buck-nekkid Jordan Peterson rooting through my trash can at two fifteen AM. As soon as that porch light came on that shaggy head whipped up like a rocket blasting off into the stratosphere and I saw these two wild orbs glowing white hot in the pitch of night and his skin all a-red and glistening, looking like a prize pig greased up for a rumpus ride. I hollered "Git! Git!" but he was all froze up, his body quaking like the San Andreas fault were nestled in his butt-crack. So I started stomping and yammering on "Git now! Scat! Go on now!" and something in him snapped and his mouth opened wide and wouldn't you know it i just saw gobbets of my thrownt out venison that had gone bad that season pouring out his smacker like a chunked up typhoon. He was so set on screeching his heart out that he gurgled with the mush in the back of his heaving throat and the exertion plumb made his rectum evacuate onto my property, blew out his rear end like a diesel backfiring soot onto a geerage wall. This shook him out of it and I started careening after that nekkid spectre from the deep woods like a bat out of hell and he zoomed off on all fours like a wild hog hauling from an AR-15. Never did see anything like it again. Woulda liked to mount that caboose up on my wall but you know as they say hindsight is surely twenty-twenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019
I saw Dr Jordan B Peterson a grocery store in Toronto yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Dr Jordan B Peterson trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.