Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Ibblebibble posted:

Ayame has mentioned being in university and studying for exam season and also having some health issues so it's probably related to that. Glad she's back, shes very chill to listen to and one of my favs.

Aye, but what got people worried is that there was absolutely no info with regards to her from anyone in Hololive. Up until last week, when Kagura Nana said she spoke with her and that she was okay, there was complete radio silence.

You'd think that, whatever was going on, either she or the management would've at least made a pro forma "Ayame's taking a break for X weeks" to tide the fanbase over.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ayame has a god tier design (IMO) and a great voice but hardly ever streams, she is one of those holos that is really just doing it as a side thing. I wish she'd put out more streams.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pikamee's mouth is currently stuck open.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Lyer posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know that Haachama was using the HoloEN hashtag in her videos. That's loving hilarious and I hope she leans into the "I'm part of Hololive EN" with Amelia later this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4epKPGsU1A&t=2s

Before the 3 week ban, Haachama started the "Hololive EN takeover" storyline. It was goofy and silly specifically because none of the EN crew were allowed to collab with her yet, but who knows what she's planning now.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
This is cute.
https://twitter.com/ringo_yadoku/status/1319186538706550784?s=19

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only reason why that tweet exists is because fubuki told her to. Ayame didn't think tweeting to update was a big deal.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pikamee mistook Maine for Japan. Pikamee can't find Japan on a globe. :allears:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Pollyanna posted:

She was just throwing off the thread detectives scent.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

The virtual world is different than the real world! Virtual Texas is actually in the Mediterranean.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Pollyanna posted:

Pikamee's mouth is currently stuck open.

Isn't it always?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pikamee: "Now I can tell the husband is a d-d-d-douche!"

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tsilkani posted:

The virtual world is different than the real world! Virtual Texas is actually in the Mediterranean.

So that's why Layla Alstroemeria is the only one who plays Paradox games. Real-world geopolitics doesn't meaning anything to vtubers. It might as well be a fantasy setting to them.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/artia_hololive

Artia's live with her wife

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All the Hololive CN members have left Cover/Hololive, but they'll all keep going with their careers. From the sounds of it, no more Hololive China in the future at all

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Pikamee simultaneously being scared but also amazed at the technology of the game transforming the level around her is really sweet. lol.

Re: her mouth always being open - One of the things I dislike about some of the hololive home3Ds is I think they look worse when the mouth capture isn't as good compared to the Live2Ds. Coco with her mouth stuck in :D mode is funnier on Live2D than 3D, and I wish they'd focus more on the mouth sensors for the home3d. They need to move the mouth like every other word at least, if not syllable or else it starts to get to me lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I really wish all the HoloCNs the best going forward. What a poo poo situation for them especially.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

it is incredibly artia that in the middle of a super serious stream about the holocn project ending, she still finds time to call civia's new outfit sexy and ask if she has amazon prime for a free twitch sub

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Pika's Layers of Fear stream is amazing, it's really effective on her.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

it is incredibly artia that in the middle of a super serious stream about the holocn project ending, she still finds time to call civia's new outfit sexy and ask if she has amazon prime for a free twitch sub

I do wonder if it’s a case where it’s actually been kinda bad for the CN branch for a long time, or they feel like they aren’t getting the value out of their cut to cover anymore?

It does strike me as weird that marine and fubuki and Aqua have more deals with Chinese gacha game companies than the cn girls themselves, but that’s probably just a timing issue.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Seems like spirits are high for the HoloCN girls, despite the situation. I’m actually excited to see what Artia and Civia can do now as independents compared to under Cover. I hope they all can find success even if it’s without overseas fans.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I do wonder if it’s a case where it’s actually been kinda bad for the CN branch for a long time, or they feel like they aren’t getting the value out of their cut to cover anymore?

It does strike me as weird that marine and fubuki and Aqua have more deals with Chinese gacha game companies than the cn girls themselves, but that’s probably just a timing issue.

HoloCN is shockingly new. Yogiri was first in September 2019 and Artia was last in April 2020. I assume being limited to billibilli didn’t help them grow popularity either.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 26, 2020

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

this isn't related to any current conversation going on but I felt it was insightful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Because Fubuki was like the #2 bilibili vtuber for the longest time at over a 1million subs.

stratego
May 6, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Someone mentioned Flare and Marine singing Ahoy, and drat did Flare go hard af. I don’t know how Marine wasn’t cracking up from that.
https://youtu.be/pKieFK2Xr44

From a few pages back, but I have been simply enamored with Flare's effort in this song. Just absolutely BELTING out those MOTO MOTO MOTOs. Making the O'riends look like rank amateurs.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

stratego posted:

From a few pages back, but I have been simply enamored with Flare's effort in this song. Just absolutely BELTING out those MOTO MOTO MOTOs. Making the O'riends look like rank amateurs.

Hey now that's not fair. Neither Kiara nor Nene have the right voice to do that kinda yells.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

I really wish all the HoloCNs the best going forward. What a poo poo situation for them especially.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

It's time for your nightly gushing over Botan's rig's/lighting-setup's mouth tracking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGvgfbypLj4

Oh my god it's so good.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

OH poo poo. Haachama and Amelia are going to be playing the bomb defusal game.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i still cant get over how cool the pekodam looks

i know miko, watame and subaru have mentioned wanting to make something similar lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Smiles posted:

i still cant get over how cool the pekodam looks

i know miko, watame and subaru have mentioned wanting to make something similar lol

Miko has a zaku miko char custom design she will build !

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
It reminds me of the Ez8, which is a good thing

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lyer posted:

OH poo poo. Haachama and Amelia are going to be playing the bomb defusal game.

Yes! I hope they do the stupid gimmick I suggested

Liar Lyre posted:

Any idea on what they are gonna do? I kinda hope it’s Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes but Ame can only speak Japanese and Haachama can only speak English.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Miko has a zaku miko char custom design she will build !

ooh has she posted the design somewhere? all these gundam construction projects have been stirring up the old gunota in me

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Roberu has to go to the dentist so he’s practicing.
https://youtu.be/ms1A6f2vDXg

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCgVaZ5BjjA

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Clip from my favorite part of the Holo Amon9 Us stream.

Polka asking Kiara how to say "Let's Go" in English.

https://twitter.com/KidaJiwo/status/1320360164202024960?s=09

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People were talking about the pre-vtuber identities and I kinda wonder, how do these companies scout them? Is it like, auditions? Or do they pick up already well known streamers? If it was the latter I'd imagine it'd be pretty much impossible to keep their previous identity a secret without being able to do a distinctly different voice.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

HoloEN was via audition so I'm guessing it's the same across regions.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Acerbatus posted:

People were talking about the pre-vtuber identities and I kinda wonder, how do these companies scout them? Is it like, auditions? Or do they pick up already well known streamers? If it was the latter I'd imagine it'd be pretty much impossible to keep their previous identity a secret without being able to do a distinctly different voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs5m53JAebc

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1320583092822659074

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Acerbatus posted:

Applications are open now for Hololive's next JP generation! I think HoloEN had like ~hundreds(?) of applicants so I imagine they would have an existing pool of candidates to reach out to for a Gen2 / may open auditions again.

Edit: Ame is doing a plug DJ thing on her SC stream and I love that concept as I used to be big into goon.fm years ago but this plug website sucks rear end its driving me insane. Let me in! LET ME INNNNNNNNN@!!!!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 26, 2020