Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Cav lashed out in a complete over-reaction to getting called out for repeating their earlier gimmicky post, and it got reported by people who want that thread to be for actually talking about bad wrestling gimmicks and not dredging up old forums bullshit. The post was bad enough that Cav even apologized for making it in the first place, and a sixer is a reasonable reminder not to do that type of thing. LC's post really doesn't compare in my opinion.

This is a really bad take on what happened.

Cav responded to someone baiting him with a pretty milquetoast burn, which he edited in an apology for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro does this kind of thing all the time - it's usually harmless fun but they're a gimmick poster who tries to get reactions from people with nonsensical posts. LC made a post in that thread saying that Cavuaro's clearly nonsensical CM Punk post was a bad gimmick, and Cavauro lashed out by bringing up utterly irrelevant content about something LC posted months ago, then quickly edited in an apology for their overreaction. Their post was reported by posters who were fed up with Cavauro's gimmick in that thread, and I hit them with a sixer for it.

Until Cavauro got probed, nobody reacted/responded/reported LC's post, because they either agreed with it or didn't think it was at all comparable to Cavauro's long history of gimmick posts warranting action.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm at a genuine loss.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Cavauro does this kind of thing all the time - it's usually harmless fun but they're a gimmick poster who tries to get reactions from people with nonsensical posts. LC made a post in that thread saying that Cavuaro's clearly nonsensical CM Punk post was a bad gimmick, and Cavauro lashed out by bringing up utterly irrelevant content about something LC posted months ago, then quickly edited in an apology for their overreaction. Their post was reported by posters who were fed up with Cavauro's gimmick in that thread, and I hit them with a sixer for it.

Until Cavauro got probed, nobody reacted/responded/reported LC's post, because they either agreed with it or didn't think it was at all comparable to Cavauro's long history of gimmick posts warranting action.

Nobody reacted because it was inconceivable that you'd only probate Cavauro but apparently you think they're a gimmick account even though they contribute here all the time just because they have their own writing style like we all do doesn't mean they're just loving with everyone or baiting anyone.

I don't know J-Ru I feel like it was better to either leave it alone and settled as it was or probate both people. I think just the one demonstrates a personal issue and I think you're a better mod than that 99% of the time, you've always been fair to me.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Like honestly, gently caress you, man. Total clown poo poo. Just clueless.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cavauro posting in a similar fashion to like, most of weird twitter, doesn't make them a gimmick account and they put in real effort to contribute to this forum and i've never once seen them be vicious or bait other posters.

i don't even think "gimmick accounts" are or can be a thing in 2020 on SA. thats like 2005 SA

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This was another bad call in a recent string of them, honestly

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Everyone take notice of the language the mod chooses to use to defend his stupid decisions once he has preconceptions about you. Lashed out. Overreaction. Gimmick poster. Nonsensical posts. Utterly irrelevant. Fed up.

But don't worry, people implicitly agreed with the Food Mod coming in to call someone The Worst Gimmick or whatever. Just take notice, it's all I ask :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm genuinely curious who is reporting cavuaro posts and why

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If they’re reporting that post, they must be reporting literally every cav post.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
not here as an attack but as someone who doesn't get most of cav's posts and a lot of them seem like nonsense sometimes, am i missing something? are they funny posts or genuine posts?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What an utterly baffling stance to take on this. Clown poo poo. I hope you get the white noise forum you so desperately want to cultivate, man.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cavauro posting in a similar fashion to like, most of weird twitter, doesn't make them a gimmick account and they put in real effort to contribute to this forum and i've never once seen them be vicious or bait other posters.

This is true and I can't even count how many times Cav has answered a question I've posted with real information

Those of you who see Cav as a gimmick poster that's your opinion and you're welcome to it but you're doing Cav a disservice because they contribute often and it's not their problem you don't notice

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I initially thought they were largely nonsense or a weird twitter gimmick thing, but at this point I assume it’s just how they communicate.

SA norms aren’t what they were ten years ago, you don’t get probated for failing to include commas, and we’re better for it. Cav’s posts seem genuine enough to me. If it’s a bit they are super committed to the bit.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

not here as an attack but as someone who doesn't get most of cav's posts and a lot of them seem like nonsense sometimes, am i missing something? are they funny posts or genuine posts?

I don't know Cav all that well, but it's my belief they are genuine, maybe more genuine than most as they just write stream of consciousness. I think what's most important here is their posts are harmless and I can't recall them ever being mean to anyone unprovoked and even when provoked they generally apologize.

When I was rightfully made fun of and sort of shunned here because I didn't know how to express my opinions without being a dick or being overtly sensitive they still were always kind to me so maybe i'm biased here but I just think intent really does matter and if someone is willing to walk something back almost immediately when they're being rude then what good is punishing one side. If one of my cats starts a slap fight with the other, I separate them both I don't punish the one who got slapped for slapping back. I don't have kids, or moderate a forum. cats is the only metaphor I can make here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

It's a matter of opinion, sometimes he does have legitimately good posts, and other times it's just total gibberish or out of context stuff. If you don't like it, use the ignore function imo

Either way, Cav rarely ever engages/contributes to derails outside of the white noise posts he makes. The low/no-effort posts are a grey area for sure, just like the 4 post combo/quote tweeting of Adam Cole height video or John Cena "He never said that" posts. Vinceflex is the only thing explicitly banned, it's been ages since people got probated for one word or no-punctuation posts

Usually the only time this thread is bumped is one of someone gets a sixer and people disagree with it, that's probably the issue at hand here, not someone not being able to post for 6 hours, yeah?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey, I've put in a serious request to admins to consider exactly what action to take next re: moderation of FIGHT ISLAND. I'd been strongly considering stepping down in September to deal with a particularly busy period in my personal/professional life, but it coincided with all the Lowtax drama, and since then I've been trying to put in place at least one more moderator so I could take a step back or even step down as necessary. This latest incident kind of brings into fresh relief that it's probably for the best to make a change, both because there is a clear desire from some people for modding to be handled differently and also because a lot of the moderation stuff that people clearly, genuinely care about are things that I really don't. I'm not saying they're wrong to care, just that I don't and obviously that isn't working/meshing well, and it's far easier to remove me from the equation than anything else.

I don't know exactly when or how that will take effect, and I'll continue to mod and answer questions/feedback until it does, but I really think it's long overdue for a change for the good of the subforum (and myself!).

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm in contact with Cav on a near daily basis and I can honestly say they're among the most genuine human beings I've ever encountered. He has a fun, harmless way of writing on the Comedy Website Forum. The fact that he's written off by the leader of this community as a gimmick poster because he doesn't compose his posts in MLA format actually pisses me off. What a joke.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thanks for the cavs posts, they dont bother me one way or another and i just scroll past them, but i understand if people take something from them and dont find them malicious

also of my opinion that no one likes to use the ignore function in this subforum and that sa and the forums haven been funny in years

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Hey, I've put in a serious request to admins to consider exactly what action to take next re: moderation of FIGHT ISLAND. I'd been strongly considering stepping down in September to deal with a particularly busy period in my personal/professional life, but it coincided with all the Lowtax drama, and since then I've been trying to put in place at least one more moderator so I could take a step back or even step down as necessary. This latest incident kind of brings into fresh relief that it's probably for the best to make a change, both because there is a clear desire from some people for modding to be handled differently and also because a lot of the moderation stuff that people clearly, genuinely care about are things that I really don't. I'm not saying they're wrong to care, just that I don't and obviously that isn't working/meshing well, and it's far easier to remove me from the equation than anything else.

I don't know exactly when or how that will take effect, and I'll continue to mod and answer questions/feedback until it does, but I really think it's long overdue for a change for the good of the subforum (and myself!).

This is modspeak for "I'm going away so i won't get owned anymore"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've never actually went down through Cav's rap sheet and seen the billion things they've been hit for

Cavauro posted:

Cavauro posted:

David was wrong about his dad dying but doesnt want to walk it back out of embarrassment. one of the worst names in scooping, writing, speaking, and thinking today. Don't sign my posts

Cavauro posted:

Ric Flair has died.

Cavauro posted:

what was your favorite graphics card of your whole life? mine was probably the old 8800 GT or the old Ti 4200. The old Radeon 9500, unlocked, was good as well. on that note What was your best memory in all of your past. i remember whenever i got lost in toys R us and kept on crying really hard and thought i wouldnt be able to go back home for the rest of my life, But i did.

Cavauro posted:

You must've thought you were still right when you posted that. well, pull up a chair because I've got a lot of explaining to do.

Cavauro posted:

Cavauro posted:

perhaps some empathy is in order, for those who can't stop being upset about nothing. All of us are that person at one time or another. just recently it's been me. i sent a really long PM to Chris James 2 earlier, by accident, and it was full of being madder than a drat hornet. i haven't really calmed down. gently caress you! no. I'm sorry about that

Cavauro posted:

i don't know

Cavauro posted:

look at this

computer

Cavauro posted:

I'm going to fart on your head!

Cavauro posted:

i believe it's because my grampy died. His name was Cavauro as well

Cavauro posted:

if I don't vote for the guy who has a 20 point lead on anyone else and is getting people to change their votes to him so that they will win too, then he might not be eliminated! I ripped my loving shirt again. i only have 4 good sh irts. i was told to begin meditating when it starts getting like a earthquake in my head and vision. calm calm calm calmauro. calm calm calm calmauro

Cavauro posted:

i get the message. circle on back to this post and let's restart the thread from there.

go

Cavauro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujb-gvqsoi0

Cavauro posted:

i know it was the flow of conversation but i would like to do my fellow posters a solid and remind them not to talk about posts on this subforum in here. especially in these sensitive times about naito. it feels weird being IK and i don't want to push anyone to stop enjoying themselves too much considering the dumb ways that i interact with you all, so i'm trying to just be a guiding light rather than a 'force'.

Cavauro posted:

you can nominate me and i'll nominate you for that extremely embarrassing april fools thing

EDIT. i'm sorry. i doubt it was embarrassing. i read what you said, and it hurt my feelings so i felt my only recourse was to try and say something mean, but it rings hollow. Sorry again

Truly someone the posters here need to be protected from. There were like three legit probations in that entire rap sheet that were just so I didn't include them because they were bad posts. I don't usually give a poo poo about rap sheets including my own but there's obviously a pattern here and it isn't the person accused of trolling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is modspeak for "I'm going away so i won't get owned anymore"

dude, shut up

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

I got no standing here and even as a new poster I like Cav's posts, but "it's OK to be a dick as long as you're a well-loved member of the forum and you edit in an apology soon after" is not terribly great. It is in fact possible to be a genuine, kind, weird person and not do that.

On the other hand I'm not sure probation is gonna change much. Moderating isn't fun.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still think whining about six hour probations is the dumbest thing in the world.

go do some pushups, go build a deck of cards, god knows your life is probably better taking a break from an internet message board for a couple of hours.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thanlis posted:

I got no standing here and even as a new poster I like Cav's posts, but "it's OK to be a dick as long as you're a well-loved member of the forum and you edit in an apology soon after" is not terribly great. It is in fact possible to be a genuine, kind, weird person and not do that.

On the other hand I'm not sure probation is gonna change much. Moderating isn't fun.

It's not that "It's OK to be a dick if you are liked by the community" it's that he wasn't even being a dick. The 'internet drama' was literally a gimmick done by the mods and admins to pull a prank on the userbase. I promise he wasn't apologizing for being upset, or apologizing at all, because it was a completely harmless post. That's just my Opinion but I have a feeling it's the majority opinion on this. I'm not attacking you, just using your post to clarify my own feelings, I hope that's understood.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thanlis posted:

It's a good thing he wasn't being a dick then!

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i still think whining about six hour probations is the dumbest thing in the world.

go do some pushups, go build a deck of cards, god knows your life is probably better taking a break from an internet message board for a couple of hours.

It ain't about that, chief

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

What? coming into a conversation to declare the conversation that doesn’t concern you is a waste of time does what exactly? If you’re so above it you should stay there! Maybe you should go do push ups!

It’s just i’d rather not see harmless, funny and kind posters here have to feel like they’re targeted. If both people were probated okay, because only one was and the rationalization was basically a personal attack it isn’t cool or fair in my opinion. If you don’t have an opinion that’s fine, I do.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 27, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please don't pile onto each other, that really isn't gonna help out anyone. I was the one who made the probation call and I stand by it, so I'm the one who should be the brunt of any criticism.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Finally rowdy ringsports can heal. It’s been a rough few years dealing with this unfunny rear end in a top hat, but it’s time for us to come together and rebuild this professional wrestling subforum into a beautiful community filled with love and laughter.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
no such things will happen

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

What? coming into a conversation to declare the conversation that doesn’t concern you is a waste of time does what exactly? If you’re so above it you should stay there! Maybe you should go do push ups!

It’s just i’d rather not see harmless, funny and kind posters here have to feel like they’re targeted. If both people were probated okay, because only one was and the rationalization was basically a personal attack it isn’t cool or fair in my opinion. If you don’t have an opinion that’s fine, I do.

im not saying the argument is a waste of time just that sixers aren't the overbearing punishment they're made out to be. i think cav is a harmless sometimes funny poster, probably shouldnt have been probated, but it's not the biggest deal in the world if he's just put in time out for a little bit. this is a message board, it's not life or death.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think the issue is that repeated, sustained probations for harmless posts that most people appreciate and find funny is a good way to discourage from making the posts that most people appreciate and find funny. That seems bad to do, on the basis that most people feel those posts should still be made, and it is bad that they seem to be actively discouraged. I do not think the issue is Cav specificially could not post for 6 hrs this specific time.

I do agree it is not life and death and get what yiu mean, but people are right to want to read funny posts in the thread because that is part of why they post online here to begin with

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think terrible probations should be called out regardless of how technically minor they may be.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Post about wrestling or fighting or something?

PM me mod suggestions if you'd like to give input.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The thread is open again. Sorry I wasn't there for this last night, I came down with what is either a nasty headcold or maybe Covid so I was mostly sleeping.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With regards to Streetbeefs:

Yes I was the one who closed it and gassed that thread. I didn't know how to goldmine and honestly even the ending with the organizer wanting to fight Marching Powder for his light trolling/real talk wasn't really super hilarious. Maybe an admin can move it if that's possible if they disagree.

I personally didn't like that thread from the get go and the premise of Streetbeefs to me didn't fit PSP/FI. Not that I feel we're above crazy carny poo poo, hell we talk about Fight Circus and I love the Calcio Storico stuff (and you should go watch it), but to me streetbeefs was basically just organized WSHH videos with a vague premise/story behind them. Add in that they had terrible structure for its "arena", incompetent refs (yes i get the irony from an MMA perspective), and just didn't pay their 'fighters' despite getting sponsorship and YouTube views etc.

Personally, I don't want it to come back. If people overwhelmingly are for it being in PSP/FI then sure I'll concede and help keep an eye on it. I think its best in GBS personally but that's just my opinion. I don't claim to hold any power over if it can be posted here, I just wanted to weigh in as the person responsible for it. I prefer to watch and laugh at stuff, and Streetbeefs just made me feel depressed for some reason that MMA/Ganryujima/Wotore/BKFC doesn't.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
streetbeefs made me uncomfortable and reminded me of bum fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

For the record I moved the thread to the goldmine