Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Forget the live action version of Hunchback, just give us a pro-shot of the off-Broadway musical, because it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Kim Justice posted:

Nah that was totally fine words that I saw, fleetingly. We've talked about it a bit. Not to go into detail but he's in much more of a better place now than he was a few years ago.

What's probably worth mentioning too is that Larry's channel is in many ways quite a collaborative effort and there's more than just himself working on the scripts/editing. Not that he really pretends otherwise tbh, he'll always say if asked.

Can I still make fun of this particular segment of the Beanie Babies video?

*Joe Biden voice* Come On Man, at least ADD some pics of Beanies on this sentence you're saying. Jeez!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

YggiDee posted:

Forget the live action version of Hunchback, just give us a pro-shot of the off-Broadway musical, because it's amazing.

The Quebec one?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's been, like, six musical adaptations so I don't know which one they had in Quebec, but I'm specifically referring to the one Disney made. First they did a German one for a few years and then retooled it and did it in English. Never made it to Broadway, I guess Disney decided that we wanted Frozen instead. The full cast recording is on YouTube, it slaps.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Live action Hunchback should just be the stage musical version. It's really great.
e: extremely beaten, but it's true

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

It's probably not the version with puppets, but the 30ish minute puppet version was cool as well.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The superlative Hunchback of Notre Dame is clearly the direct-to-video version reviewed by Phelan where Quasimodo's hump breaks open to reveal that he has wings and he discovers that he is an angel.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Someone brought up Kay And Skittles.

Good video on the public perception and limitations thereof regarding Intellectuals, and how that ties in with Bong Joon Ho's filmography.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nuns with Guns posted:

Like Doctor Spaceman said, The Little Mermaid is on their slate, still, and a live action Lilo and Stitch is filming right now. Then I think all that's left are the C-tier Disney Renaissance things like Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, and Tarzan, or the post-renaissance stuff like Moana and Frozen. Maybe The Black Cauldron, but a lot of people would be surprised that's even a live action remake.

I am ready to firebomb Walt Disney Studios if they gently caress up that Lilo and Stitch movie. I feel like there's no way for it to be good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The superlative Hunchback of Notre Dame is clearly the direct-to-video version reviewed by Phelan where Quasimodo's hump breaks open to reveal that he has wings and he discovers that he is an angel.

Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/Kav_Pi/status/1320684320990785537

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

YggiDee posted:

There's been, like, six musical adaptations so I don't know which one they had in Quebec, but I'm specifically referring to the one Disney made. First they did a German one for a few years and then retooled it and did it in English. Never made it to Broadway, I guess Disney decided that we wanted Frozen instead. The full cast recording is on YouTube, it slaps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Paris_(musical)

It's like the biggest non-Broadway musical in history.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know much about theatre :shrug:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Kuroyama posted:

I thought that there were plans for an adaptation of The Chronicles of Pyrdain in place already, or did Disney scrap those when GoT had its wet fart of a finale last year?

It's one of those things that's still rumored to be on the "maybe" pile, but it's also in an unusual place because if you went up to a normal person and announced to them that Disney was doing "A remake of The Black Cauldron movie" they'd have a hard time believing there was an "original" one to remake.

DC Murderverse posted:

I am ready to firebomb Walt Disney Studios if they gently caress up that Lilo and Stitch movie. I feel like there's no way for it to be good.

Disney managed to drag down The Lady and the Tramp with pointless "modernizing", adding in some deeper message about the importance of adopting shelter pets, and that disquieting hyper-realistic animal CGI when all they had to do was remove the racist cats. I can't wait to see what they find to meddle with in Lilo and Stitch.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

is that a sequel to disney's the black hole

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Mike Chen's latest Simply Dumpling video is up, where he documents some of his time in a 14-day quarantine in South Korea along with some of the meals he received (and what he got once he was free to go):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfwidET_xc

He also explains why he went to South Korea to stay there for a bit (although it's probably obvious once you think about it).

Archer666 posted:

That Japanese Guy Yuta makes interesting videos where he interviews random Japanese people about random things, such as what does it mean to be masculine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZrb4hYGuDA

It's a good channel overall, whether he's explaining why characters like Goku or Luffy aren't speaking proper Japanese, or getting some insight into how some people feel about certain topics. Regards to the video he posted today, it's interesting to see how Western media and influence has shaped their views on masculinity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Listened to the full Fox Szn song and I know Danny was trying to get people who had never heard him before but it is so clearly him on vocals that no wonder he got found out quickly.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Schaffrillas covers his favorite Zelda game which should also be your favorite Zelda game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=722oALnco_0

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

A live-action remake for the Hunchback of Notre Dame should just shove together everything from the versions Phelous reviewed. Quasimodo should be a handsome secret angel and Esmerelda should have talking musical instruments and get together with Quasimodo in the end. Frollo should simultaneously be an abbe, a baron's son, a nondescript lord, and a sheriff, and also have an inkstain on his hand that signifies how evil he is.

Hunchback of Notre Dame cash-ins got pretty... creative in places, is what I'm saying.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shwoo posted:

A live-action remake for the Hunchback of Notre Dame should just shove together everything from the versions Phelous reviewed. Quasimodo should be a handsome secret angel and Esmerelda should have talking musical instruments and get together with Quasimodo in the end. Frollo should simultaneously be an abbe, a baron's son, a nondescript lord, and a sheriff, and also have an inkstain on his hand that signifies how evil he is.

Hunchback of Notre Dame cash-ins got pretty... creative in places, is what I'm saying.

I'm kinda surprised it got that many rip-offs seeing how controversial the original film and the source material was, but hey, never stop chasin' that dollar I guess.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kunster posted:

Can I still make fun of this particular segment of the Beanie Babies video?

*Joe Biden voice* Come On Man, at least ADD some pics of Beanies on this sentence you're saying. Jeez!

hahaha

I mean, it's kinda my fault in that I should have done the appropriate editing on my own script before Larry voiced it. It's all a bit of an odd situation that one, as I do occasionally get people showing Larry's vid to me saying that he's flagrantly ripped my Beanie Babies vid off! (the simplest solution would have been to put my vid on his channel of course, but Larry had had quite a few nasty comments over doing that with other vids at the time, so we kind of ended up with this meet in the middle-type thing. All works out fine in the end.)

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Sorry for posting Movie Bob cringe but he's having some weird meltdown over....Brunch? Specifically, he thinks leftists making fun of the whole "We should be a brunch right now!" :qq: is "homophobic and misogynist". No, I'm not joking

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1320842503503962112

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1320907202257948674

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
drat I am into men but I've never been invited to brunch in my life. do I gotta suck a certain number of dicks before I can attend?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Can we, I dunno, install a Bob Ban alongside the Boogie Ban? I don't think anyone in this thread really gives a poo poo about what Film Robert has to say about the politics of meal time.

Or anything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'll believe you're sorry for posting it when you monetise a fifty minute youtube apology. until then get this flimbobby tweetery out of here.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I prefer to call it second breakfast.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
brunch is just breakfast with a mimosa anyway

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I'm sorry ya'll I just like laughing at the Cinema Robert. I'll stop now :negative:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

How is it homophobic to make fun of a dumb poster? Like the physical kind made of poster board. I can understand how making fun of specific SA posters would be homophobic.

The only thing I can think of is that ultralibs have just fully internalized the idea that they are the only true defenders of gayness, so any attack on them is by extension an attack on game people.

edit: Holy poo poo looking down the comments of the originally quoted chain it's people not getting it. The whole way down people aren't getting it. Every post is a complaint about being shamed for eating out. How are they this dense?

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 27, 2020

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

maybe he's just an idiot

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FuturePastNow posted:

maybe he's just an idiot

maybe it’s movie bob

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao at Raenir Salazar defending bob in the replies of those tweets

Andrast fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 27, 2020

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Andrast posted:

Haha holy poo poo. What a beautiful throwback to the old thread.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I see him all the time in Movie Bob's mentions defending Bob's honor against the evil people who think eugenics is bad. He honestly thinks dying on the hill that is defending Movie Bob is a worthy and noble cause. :shepface:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

Haha holy poo poo. What a beautiful throwback to the old thread.

Leave it to someone who was so politics poisoned they unironically proposed a literal Goon Senate in QCS as a means to deal with Lowtax to be the guy who rushes to the aide of the Twitter Weirdo Film Reviewer Guy who had a normal one about the sexual politics of breakfast.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Cease this film bobbery at once!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Casey Finnigan posted:

drat I am into men but I've never been invited to brunch in my life. do I gotta suck a certain number of dicks before I can attend?

The key to brunch is understanding you are in control of it and can initiate the brunch at any time.

Andrast posted:

He was in Mary Cagle's twitter replies arguing with her about RWBY back when Hbomb's video on it dropped, too. I guess he realized that's his natural environment.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

No he's still making GBS threads up politics threads too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

I prefer to call it second breakfast.

I feel like brunch would moviebob's third or fourth breakfast tbf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Brunch can only be tied to gays is.....Mimosas are considered a girly drink? I dunno seems kind of like stereotyping to me