Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not to linger too long on cinema robbie but a lot of the time when straight white dudes who are way too obsessed with idpol (and for the record i dont think idpol is inherently invalid just unsure how else to phrase it) try to get on the 'ah, so you're being HOMOPHOBIC/RACIST/SEXIST' they mostly reveal how limited and stereotypical their view of those groups are. like the one saying brunch is weak/feminine is bob, and then he's associating it with gay dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Endorph posted:

Not to linger too long on cinema robbie but a lot of the time when straight white dudes who are way too obsessed with idpol (and for the record i dont think idpol is inherently invalid just unsure how else to phrase it) try to get on the 'ah, so you're being HOMOPHOBIC/RACIST/SEXIST' they mostly reveal how limited and stereotypical their view of those groups are. like the one saying brunch is weak/feminine is bob, and then he's associating it with gay dudes.

A fun example of this was the Orc Discourse a while back where you'd get some people trying to explain what, exactly, the issue was with how a lot of fantasy races, as represented in things like D&D, like Orcs and Drow are, their origins entrenched in stereotype and racial coding, and digging through all that mess to try and get people who had no interest in understanding, to understand; and then you had people saying that Orcs were fantasy black people, which was racist, because orcs were strong and dumb.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I think this is one of the top dishes I could think of that BwB hadn't done yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vZvPtI5Uk8

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

drat I am into men but I've never been invited to brunch in my life. do I gotta suck a certain number of dicks before I can attend?

The trick is that you have to vogue at them for about 1.5 minutes straight to initiate brunch.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
is he....you know....[mimes eating eggs]

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean the real root of it is most gays and women in the media/cultural class were upper class and childless so yes they could sleep in and get brunch at 11 at some trendy place and naturally when those types go somewhere it becomes a cool place to be and poo poo, so like always Cinema Roberto has looked at a thing and instantly disregarded class identity for cultural identity because he's a complete boob.

Also if we're posting people like loving Contra still Moviebob, who is an internet content creator, is still fair game.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I mean the real real root of it is the meme has nothing to do with brunch specifically besides a funny sign. It's rightly pointing out that for a lot of the middle and upper class dems they just completely tune out of politics as soon as it isn't someone as bombastically evil as Trump. They want to go back to not caring about politics, and their anti-Trump stance really has no deeper roots.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Fellas is it gay to eat breakfast at like 11 am

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Just lol if you’re not eating wedding soup or a big salad for breakfast at 6:00am.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sometimes when I'm extra lazy I just get a 5 pack of donuts and eat that for breakfast. And then just dont eat anything for the rest of the day. Not sure if thats a brunch or a brunner

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Archer666 posted:

Sometimes when I'm extra lazy I just get a 5 pack of donuts and eat that for breakfast. And then just dont eat anything for the rest of the day. Not sure if thats a brunch or a brunner

I was like "hell yeah" in the first half of this post

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I was like "hell yeah" in the first half of this post

I am not a healthy person

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Food is food. Meal time is meal time. Y'all are weird.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Three Arrows Dan has a new podcast covering the history of the Wiemar Republic from the fall of the German empire (the subject of today's episode) through to the rise of the Nazis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQs88YnCm-o

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Making Mickey Mouse pancakes but it's actually a dick and balls

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Making Mickey Mouse pancakes but it's actually a dick and balls

Mickey Mouse poopy rear end dicks pancakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13gNhlMRIDA

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Chris Davis's CRPG critique on Wasteland 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9KPRx3BCms&t=710s

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Can bisexuals have brunch? Asking for a friend.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SkeletonHero posted:

Can bisexuals have brunch? Asking for a friend.

you can either have an egg dish or some seasonal fruit but not both

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Ashens Halloween Special 2020. In which Ashens uses a pound shop cardboard ouija board to, appropriately enough, conjure the spirit of lovely unfun products designed to waste your money.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

lmao at Raenir Salazar defending bob in the replies of those tweets

Was he the guy who kept causing massive derails in the last thread? I faintly remember there being someone different doing that but I can't remember who it was. I don't think it was the guy doing crimes IRL that warranted getting perma'd.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Was he the guy who kept causing massive derails in the last thread? I faintly remember there being someone different doing that but I can't remember who it was. I don't think it was the guy doing crimes IRL that warranted getting perma'd.

there were like 4 or 5 of those tbh

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

He was the guy with the Mario avatar whose gimmick was that he worships the ground Moviebob walks on and would not tolerate seeing his idol slighted in any way. The other one you’re thinking of is probably Bravest of the Lamps, who was just a massive contrarian rear end in a top hat until it turned out he’d been e-stalking someone, following them to different forums to harass them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

But what happens if Zack Snyder has a Star Wars-themed brunch?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Bakeneko posted:

He was the guy with the Mario avatar whose gimmick was that he worships the ground Moviebob walks on and would not tolerate seeing his idol slighted in any way. The other one you’re thinking of is probably Bravest of the Lamps, who was just a massive contrarian rear end in a top hat until it turned out he’d been e-stalking someone, following them to different forums to harass them.

I think BotL was banned 2 threads ago but there's been like 2 orb3 people since then that have been threadbanned.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vagabundo posted:

But what happens if Zack Snyder has a Star Wars-themed brunch?

It would be very dark and gritty

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Quinton Reviews has a new video on the bizarre and obscure early 2000s Nickelodeon show "Mr. Meaty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4D43HbiXA&feature=youtu.be

Content warning: Cannibalism

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would be very dark and gritty

Rogue One branded grits?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Quinton Reviews has a new video on the bizarre and obscure early 2000s Nickelodeon show "Mr. Meaty"

Jesus, Nickelodeon? I have the vaguest memories of seeing part of an episode when I was a kid and I found it so scary and offputting that up until now I assumed it was an Adult Swim or MTV show that I had accidentally stumbled upon. In fact, I thought it was a Wonder Showzen skit.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That MovieBob tweet turned me into a reply guy, so thanks for that, Jamie. <:mad:>

In more fun news, Yhara Zaid (who has been linked in this thread before, I believe) released a video on Kairo, one of my favourite J-Horror films, and its substandard American remake Pulse. It's a really interesting dive into how and why a nearly shot-for-shot remake can still be a huge step down from the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4f4W8mfpBE

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I don’t remember who it was that pointed me towards Yhara Zaid but she has been a very solid follow. I'm absolutely going to be making time soon to watch Kairo thanks to her video.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Ariong posted:

Jesus, Nickelodeon? I have the vaguest memories of seeing part of an episode when I was a kid and I found it so scary and offputting that up until now I assumed it was an Adult Swim or MTV show that I had accidentally stumbled upon. In fact, I thought it was a Wonder Showzen skit.

Q man didn't even talk about the weirdest episode imo. There was an episode that had vegans who were also cannibals that tried to eat one of the main characters.

I'm not kidding lol The vegan cannibal group calls themselves the "soytarians" :v: which sounds like some weird insult an alt righter would use.

(fast forward to 7:54)
https://vimeo.com/263367675

Man there was alot of cannibalism in this kid's show for some reason.

JordanKai posted:

That MovieBob tweet turned me into a reply guy, so thanks for that, Jamie. <:mad:>

Lmao I'm so sorry.... :negative:

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 27, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bakeneko posted:

Nah, it definitely wasn't BotL, it was someone else. But the thread keeps getting people like that so I totally lost track of who.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jamie Faith posted:

Was Nick trying to find a Ren and Stimpy replacement or something?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Jamie Faith posted:

Q man didn't even talk about the weirdest episode imo. There was an episode that had vegans who were also cannibals that tried to eat one of the main characters.

I'm not kidding lol The vegan cannibal group calls themselves the "soytarians" :v: which sounds like some weird insult an alt righter would use.

(fast forward to 7:54)
https://vimeo.com/263367675

Man there was alot of cannibalism in this kid's show for some reason.

Yeah, I'd say this show contains an extremely unusual amount of human flesh getting eaten. Cannibalism is part of it, but there was also the people getting eaten by gorillas (which Quinton described as cannibalism but I do not think that is accurate) and that lady's nose getting eaten by a rat.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

fun hater posted:

is he....you know....[mimes eating eggs]
Lmao

ErynCerise is back with a new Mahou profile, this time on Cutie Honey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7sAFnjQG60

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHYH0jFMWSY&t=895s

Ross looks at a German Diablo Clone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9yscdB_hXY

Nick Hodges looks at Bohemian Rhapsody, pt1

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I have no idea how Ross is able to put up with so many games like this all the way to completion. He really has an incredible amount of patience when it comes to getting through games that necessitate strategies like saving and reloading every room or kiting a regular enemy for over 100 hits.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Jamie Faith posted:

Me and my friends loved Nanalan when we were younger. Not like, Nanalan young but you see a bunch of my friends had younger siblings so we'd hang out and while the younger kids watched it we'd be subject to it and eventually the absolute insane fever dream poo poo of that show just became part of our humor. Then as I grew up I just kind of began to think it was a weird hallucination I had as a kid but it's nice to knoow it was real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Zinkraptor posted:

I have no idea how Ross is able to put up with so many games like this all the way to completion. He really has an incredible amount of patience when it comes to getting through games that necessitate strategies like saving and reloading every room or kiting a regular enemy for over 100 hits.

"Patience" is Ross's primary personality trait, really.