Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

hes dlc for the ff13-2 battle arena, and you can capture him and have him on your team

Thank you Square-Enix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they stick him in the bonus dungeons for some of the remakes and there's an FFXII hunt target that's got his Japanese name. I guess I prefer gilgamesh in the end, for some stupid reason I'm always excited to see him

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elf help book posted:

hes dlc for the ff13-2 battle arena, and you can capture him and have him on your team

this is the first thing time hearing something about 13-2 has made me want to play it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

esperterra posted:

this is the first thing time hearing something about 13-2 has made me want to play it

then you don't deserve it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

esperterra posted:

hes post game difficult, youd never cut it

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elf help book posted:

hes post game difficult, youd never cut it

that sounds like a challenge

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

then you don't deserve it.

although this is a fair point ......

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Xiii disrespect is for the dogs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I found out you don't have to do every quest to unlock the final chapter in Lightning Returns, it's based on a weird hidden points system tied to sidequests. 1 star quest = 2 points, 2 stars = 4, and 3 stars = 8. You need 100 Points to unlock the final hidden chapter. I have like 84 in Yusnaan alone, lol.

So I guess I will literally extinct every creature possible for the next 6 days

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

they stick him in the bonus dungeons for some of the remakes and there's an FFXII hunt target that's got his Japanese name. I guess I prefer gilgamesh in the end, for some stupid reason I'm always excited to see him

ff12 gilgamesh is such a good encounter lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Doing this on the PS2 was nuts, I loved it

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

que sera sera posted:

lmfao @ everything

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I found out you don't have to do every quest to unlock the final chapter in Lightning Returns, it's based on a weird hidden points system tied to sidequests. 1 star quest = 2 points, 2 stars = 4, and 3 stars = 8. You need 100 Points to unlock the final hidden chapter. I have like 84 in Yusnaan alone, lol.

So I guess I will literally extinct every creature possible for the next 6 days

all of the Yusnaan music ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

gilgy p. much ways owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh baby

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

:yum:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Imp explained it to me but I'm still a little confused. To get new abilities for Gau I need to use the leap command, but I can only leap while in Gau's continent, right? Can I come back to it after I swim away?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

The Imp explained it to me but I'm still a little confused. To get new abilities for Gau I need to use the leap command, but I can only leap while in Gau's continent, right? Can I come back to it after I swim away?

yeah you can come back periodically. Gau's ability is the most complicated thing in the game and trying to get specific monsters to show up on the veldt is hard.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

The Stray Cat rage is really good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The demo felt a little off to me, idk why. Still excited for this anyway. BDII, nocturne remaster, and SMTV all coming in 2021. It's great to be an rpg gamer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Frenz posted:

this is true, if you run into one, definitely leap

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The demo felt a little off to me, idk why. Still excited for this anyway. BDII, nocturne remaster, and SMTV all coming in 2021. It's great to be an rpg gamer.

They said that they made a bunch of changes based on player feedback from the demo. I think there’s another video about it coming today

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They said that they made a bunch of changes based on player feedback from the demo. I think there’s another video about it coming today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X1xP6qPnME

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they did some interview last week too that corona really messed with their development schedule, glad they're not rushing to release this year and got a delay to tweak stuff. super excited for the bd2 + mh rise combo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Frenz posted:

Bicyclops posted:

this is true, if you run into one, definitely leap

Will do, thanks!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://eu.finalfantasyxvi.com/world/

the British name roulette wheel landed on 'Clive' for the main character

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Finally playing FF7 for the first time. Navigating the 3d environments is a little janky but I can already see why this game is so beloved

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

If you press the select button it shows where all the exits are on the screen.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eighties ZomCom posted:

If you press the select button it shows where all the exits are on the screen.

Huh? Finger? What the hell?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zozo was such a weird and cool town/dungeon. The last boss was hilarious.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rosaria. Sanbreque. Australia. Waloed. These are the lands of Final Fantasy XVI.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

crikey

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i unironically can't wait for a bunch of very serious voice actors to yell and cry about the mothercrystals and wish that they were the dominants.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i unironically can't wait for a bunch of very serious voice actors to yell and cry about the mothercrystals and wish that they were the dominants.

hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Rosaria. Sanbreque. Australia. Waloed. These are the lands of Final Fantasy XVI.

lmao

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

JOHN CENA posted:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can see both CAPITAL and BOOK WORLD on that map, but holing up in Australia for the extra two dominants per turn is going to be key.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Super feels gaming with Setzer on the staircase. This game rocks, any suggestions on where I should go first now that I have an airship?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

Super feels gaming with Setzer on the staircase. This game rocks, any suggestions on where I should go first now that I have an airship?

the World of Ruin kind of lets you go anywhere tbh. they should give you a clue when you take off if you want to sort of follow along. once you have cyan, definitely sleep at doma castle at some point. wait until you have a fuller team to look for locke.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

fadam posted:

Land anywhere that looks interesting, it probably has something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started FFV recently and I'm determined to see the end finally. there's something exciting happening every 5 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/imagesffxiv/status/1322699678664839168?s=21