Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

BattleCON! Now with a new and improved TTS module

Following the success of the tournament, I have decided to start a new regular play league so that we can all get games in on a semi-formal setting. This is largely going to be casual, with no play requirements and essentially you can drop in or out as you wish.

How the league is going to be run

The league starts from the 1st of November and ends on the 1st of February 2021. In order to sign up, just post in this thread and say what team of 3 characters you are choosing to play. Characters available are all of the ones included within the TTS module, including Single Characters Also include your voting option when you sign up. Organise games with like minded goons in this discord server. Once you have played your match, write a report on this thread including who you played against, what your opponents team was, what your team was, the pick and bans and who won each round. I will collate all that data in a spreadsheet so we should have some interesting statistics by the end.

What special rules are we using?

Losers Change: If you lose a BO3, you may change one of your characters to another of your choice.

What are the rules for the actual games

You and your opponent perform a blind ban of one of the characters in your opponent's team, then a blind pick of the first character from your remaining two characters (yes, this functions exactly the same for Inverted Pick as well).

Teams
W.T. Fits: Eligor, Rin, Kora
PMush Perfect: Cadenza, Burgundy XII, Wendy
Infinity Gaia: Aria, Wendy and Jin.
Gutter Owl: Tanis, Sarafina, Lixis
Tekopo: Adjenna, John, Voco
ZeroCount:Raritti, Enderbyt, Gerard
Andarel: Ottavia, Rheye, and Kai
Lemon-Lime: Hayden, Iri, Vanaah
TheCog: Dravil ,Khadath, Kaitlyn
Baron Fuzzlewhack: Gerard, Rexan, Welsie
Fenn the Fool!: Merjoram, Burman, Lucius
Papes: Shekhtur, Uleyle, Cindra
jivjov: Alexian, Anya, Ciaonaodh

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Link to the discord server: https://discord.gg/qK9aTea

Need to think about my team...

As for options, I like 5.2 but its because i want to play a large variety of characters.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Pretty much only 1 and 2 appeal to me.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I personally don't like 3/4/5, because I think they've got the most potential to be pretty boring and stale. I don't really know much about BattleCON meta but I feel like they've got a high chance of turning into everyone running the same 3-5 characters that are considered terrible. In the past I'd probably say that would be like, Voco, Pendros, and Magdelina, but I really don't know how they fare after balance patches and such.

Personally I'd go for 2. Pick your favorite team, and if it isn't working out for whatever reason you've got some room to experiment.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah 2 sounds great.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'd like to sign up.

Team: Eligor, Rin, Kora

Voting option: 2

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Option 2:

Cadenza, Burgundy XII, aaand... gently caress it, Wendy.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

As the undefeated winner of the first Goon Tournament I feel like I'm forced to vote for option 3 to give other people a chance against my overwhelming might! I really like the idea of 4 or a 5.whatever option but it seems wildly unpopular among cowards and is thus unlikely to win.

For a team, I'm gonna go with two of my mainstays in Clinhyde and Cesar, but I'm tagging in a new character to replace Cindra... Seeing as I am now fully in my villain arc, I think it's only fitting I bring in the most evil character in BattleCON to my roster, Evil Hikaru!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

As the undefeated winner of the first Goon Tournament I feel like I'm forced to vote for option 3 to give other people a chance against my overwhelming might! I really like the idea of 4 or a 5.whatever option but it seems wildly unpopular among cowards and is thus unlikely to win.

For a team, I'm gonna go with two of my mainstays in Clinhyde and Cesar, but I'm tagging in a new character to replace Cindra... Seeing as I am now fully in my villain arc, I think it's only fitting I bring in the most evil character in BattleCON to my roster, Evil Hikaru!

My choice of option 2 over option 3 has nothing to do with cowardice and everything to do with being a complete newbie who expects to be steamrolled in every single match I'm in. Thus, I want to give myself the ability to switch out my lineup as much as possible to try and play as many different characters as possible. :buddy:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yeah I think the consensus seems to be on 2, so we'll go with that. Maybe in the future we'll do an inverted pick tournament for fun to see how it goes.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

W.T. Fits posted:

My choice of option 2 over option 3 has nothing to do with cowardice and everything to do with being a complete newbie who expects to be steamrolled in every single match I'm in. Thus, I want to give myself the ability to switch out my lineup as much as possible to try and play as many different characters as possible. :buddy:

It's just a joke, I'm leaning into my anime card game villain persona now that I've won a tournament. I thought about leaving a spoiled jk in there but I figured I was exaggerated enough. Whoops!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I’m in

Option 2

Need to think about my team, I don’t know many fighters

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I'm in! Thinking about my team.

Option 5, I would like to punish people who are good at this game.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I'm in. Still thinking about team.

Happy with Option 2.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright, updated the OP with current teams. The consensus seems to be on 2, so I've also fixed the rules as being Loser's Change. To sign up, just announce your team!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Tanis, Sarafina, Lixis

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright my team is gonna be:

Adjenna, John and Cadenza

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Raritti, Enderbyt, Gerard

Team Too Many Cards is ready

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 30, 2020

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Ottavia, Rheye, and Kai

Team Guess Things is ready (rip Vincent Grey you were too pure for this world)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
gently caress it, I'll enter with Team Magical Girls (AKA Team Oops, All Brawlers): Hayden/Iri/Vanaah.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Dravil ,Khadath, Kaitlyn

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm going to swap my team for a gimmick team, team TECH MARKERS: Aria, Wendy and Jin.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Ok ok ok let's go: Gerard/Rexan/Welsie

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
I guess I should get a team in, given this starts today. Let's go with Merjoram, Burman, and Lucius, the punchy princess, powerhouse professor, and plucky prisoner.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Shekhtur, Uleyle, Cindra

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Alright everyone! Feel free to start playing games as from this post! And also remember to post results here!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oops, I forgot to post my squad. That's on me.

Alexian, Anya, and Ciaonaodh

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.
oooh, I haven't played BattleCON in a hot minute. Like, before Devestation remastered old. Looking at the new terminology and characters... I think I'm gonna have to go with Baron Eustace/Rukyuk/Ser Vekyl as my team.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

First match of the league, InfinityGaia vs ZeroCount!

The defending champion's reign continues in a 2/1 series. First round was Jin vs Raritti, won by me, second round was Jin vs Gerard, won by ZeroCount, finishing up in a very tense last match that ended with a 0-1 HP situation in Aria vs Gerard. But in the end, my power continues to be too much for mere mortals to handle. Mwahaha and all that.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 3, 2020

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I created a spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12z9uctOkeW_v2hWWDVrSHOB_APFxjCTnsYtn9lP0dwI/edit?usp=sharing

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Second match of the entire league and my first loss in the Goon Series. Me vs Fenn:

Round 1: Jin 0 - Burman 5
Round 2: Wendy 0 - Burman 5

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Match: Fenn v Gaia

Gaia bans Lucius, Fenn bans Aria

Round 1: Burman (5) - Jin (0)
Round 2: Burman (5) - Wendy (0)

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Do people want to be assigned opponents for the week by the way? Might be a nice way to encourage people to at least play one opponent per week.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm being called out here, haha. I deffo will try to get some games in with folks over the weekend! My life's just been real nuts lately and I haven't had the energy to play after work

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Match: Me vs Fenn.

Round 1: Raritti (0) vs Lucian (13)
Round 2: Gerard (7) vs Lucian (0)
Round 3: Gerard (0) vs Merjoram (6)

2-1 to Fenn.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Match: Me vs Tekopo

Round 1: Raritti (0) vs John (9)
Round 2: Gerard (4) vs John (0)
Round 3: Gerard (10) vs Cadenza (0)

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Match: Me vs W.T. Fits

Bans: Ottavia | Eligor

Round 1: Rheye (12) vs Rin (0)
Round 2: Rheye (4) vs Kora (0)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Andarel posted:

Match: Me vs W.T. Fits

Bans: Ottavia | Eligor

Round 1: Rheye (12) vs Rin (0)
Round 2: Rheye (4) vs Kora (0)

This was a fun learning experience. Looking forward to more games this season!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Match: Tekopo vs Andarel

Bans: Kai | Adjenna

Round 1: Voco (0) vs Ottavia (12)
Round 2: Voco (4) vs Ottavia (0)
Round 3: Voco (1) vs Rheye (0)

Fun, very tight might (except the first one). Got a handle on Ottavia, she's tricky to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Match: Tekopo vs Andarel

Bans: Kai | Adjenna

Round 1: Voco (0) vs Ottavia (12)
Round 2: Voco (4) vs Ottavia (0)
Round 3: Voco (1) vs Rheye (0)

Fun, very tight might (except the first one). Got a handle on Ottavia, she's tricky to play against.

The comeback at the end of that third game was absolutely bonkers. :allears:

Do not underestimate Voco, friends. He is strong and cool and will just dump zombies all over the place and wreck your face with them.
:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :kamina: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: