Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You just cost me a bet, Penta. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

gently caress yeah hangman/omega is gonna rock

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I’m very excieted for Full Gear.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Middle of the road episode, definitely not AEW's best.

Hangman/Wardlow
The womens match
Omega/Penta were the three great matches of the night, everything else as kinda eh

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that might have been one of the best loving matches in Dynamite thus far. Holy poo poo absolutely incredible.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Now to stay up until MRT drops the new discussion thread.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up are not just handed out to whoever asked for it. and i don't believe that's ever happened before either. congratulations to everyone who participated and enjoyed aew dynamite

1. Jordan7hm
2. Huntman
3. neoaxd
4. The Last Call
5. karmicknight

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I loving love the V Trigger. If I were to ever gently caress up really bad and end up in a fight, I would try to do it, and becasue it’s real life and not wrestling, would be instantly killed by the other guy. But it would be worth it to try.

here is kazushi sakuraba putting away a jobber

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The highs were very high

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

imagine okada vs pentagon jr

I can only get so turned on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

this week's dynamite poster of the week and runners up are not just handed out to whoever asked for it. and i don't believe that's ever happened before either. congratulations to everyone who participated and enjoyed aew dynamite

1. Jordan7hm
2. Huntman
3. neoaxd
4. The Last Call
5. karmicknight

im going to throw you into moon lava

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Match ruled as expected

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Last Call posted:

Middle of the road episode, definitely not AEW's best.

Hangman/Wardlow
The womens match
Omega/Penta were the three great matches of the night, everything else as kinda eh

all 3 of these were beyond fantastic and those 3 alone made it a great episode

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

The highs were very high

Yea, Deeb, all the tournament stuff, it outweighed any lows

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

now pentagon can go back to dark where he belongs with the other tag team mid carders

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

The highs were very high

You're god damned right

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Guys, the taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems is in dispute.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

JOHN CENA posted:

now pentagon can go back to dark where he belongs with the other tag team mid carders

he wont be at the ppv thats for drat sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tonight had no bad segments

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Cavauro posted:

1. Jordan7hm
2. Huntman
3. neoaxd
4. The Last Call
5. karmicknight

:holy:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JOHN CENA posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i take it back, eddie kingston vs matt sydal was not very good, hard to blame sydal for that though

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The fact that the Blockade is just a belt of ships is super weird. Like they make a plot point later that the Blockade is replaced with a single ship (for the climax to happen) but the initial blockade is kind of easy to run.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

you keep saying wrong things like they're fact, I hope you can overcome these wrongitudes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

karmicknight posted:

The fact that the Blockade is just a belt of ships is super weird. Like they make a plot point later that the Blockade is replaced with a single ship (for the climax to happen) but the initial blockade is kind of easy to run.

I have a crush on silver girl c3po

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JOHN CENA posted:

here is kazushi sakuraba putting away a jobber

tbf sakuraba was the greatest of all time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

rotinaj posted:

you keep saying wrong things like they're fact, I hope you can overcome these wrongitudes

i made my correction about the bad eddie kingston match!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

karmicknight posted:

I was thinking about sitting down and watching Phantom Menace and actually trying to figure out just what the gently caress the plot is this time because to this day I have never understood it.

Then I remembered Seinfeld reruns are on at 10 so gently caress that.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

i made my correction about the bad eddie kingston match!!

Oh no, you said something wildly silly like "the town hall debate was good" and I was worried you were trying to tell us you had a stroke or something

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Racist-rear end aliens.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I thought tonight was really good.

Awesome opener and closer, great woman’s match with two women who are pretty fresh in AEW, and a fun lumberjack match. I was fine with all the segments too, I think Jericho / MJF is a reasonably interesting story and I enjoyed the Miro beatdown and the Taz promo. And the Moxley promo. And the Kingston promo. The segments were pretty good actually, even if Jericho was a bit long.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JOHN CENA posted:

the town hall was a big dud for me

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jordan7hm posted:

Well, OC almost beat Cody and then Arn has to cheat to win. So I guess it’s OC and they can rematch at some point, possibly in a 3 way match.

ill take a three way with cody, orange, and silver

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Cavauro posted:

1. Jordan7hm
2. Huntman
3. neoaxd
4. The Last Call
5. karmicknight

I can dig it.

DLC Inc posted:

all 3 of these were beyond fantastic and those 3 alone made it a great episode

The highs were very high indeed but the rest of the show dragged it down for me.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

I had to see Shawn Spears. Other than that, I agree.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cavauro posted:

1. Jordan7hm
2. Huntman
3. neoaxd
4. The Last Call
5. karmicknight

Even if I don’t end up on the list it always makes me smile that you do this every week.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The thing I least understand at the PPV right now is Cody vs Darby, there's just literally no build or interaction between them at all. Shida v Nyla 2 is a close second.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There are so many weird, bad choices in this movie. But doing to Trade Federation crew in weird racist accents rather than subtitled dialogue really was a bad choice.

rotinaj posted:

eh, nothing really felt "bad" by my standards, some things were weaker than AEW's average though, yes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Jordan7hm posted:

Even if I don’t end up on the list it always makes me smile that you do this every week.

Even if I don't make the list in any given week I enjoy seeing these as well.

It's like the cherry on top of an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Running really fast seems like a useful skill, they should do that more often, personally.