Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Nessus posted:

This is incorrect.

Well, in general it's incorrect. In a country of 320 million, many of whom are sickos, you can probably find some examples of this, and the standard model has not exactly matched the superior Japanese shitter.

Do all these guys have like monster shits or something?

Trump's diet is extraordinarily high in fiber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nessus posted:

This is incorrect.

Well, in general it's incorrect. In a country of 320 million, many of whom are sickos, you can probably find some examples of this, and the standard model has not exactly matched the superior Japanese shitter.

Do all these guys have like monster shits or something?

I would not put it past Trump to have taken at least more than one poo poo so big it literally destroyed a toilet.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

Trump's diet is extraordinarily high in fiber.

Remember forever ago when it came out the WH staff had to mash up cauliflower and hide it in his meals because his normal diet was just that bad and he refused to change anything about it?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The Artificial Kid posted:

This is so stupid. Let me put it in perspective.

COVID could infect 100,000 people per day for 1,000 days and only infect a bit less than a third of America's population.

"could" try "will"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Just how fast do you need a dishwasher to be? Maybe try having more than one plate/spoon/fork on hand numbnuts.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

SirPablo posted:

Just how fast do you need a dishwasher to be? Maybe try having more than one plate/spoon/fork on hand numbnuts.

Not all of us can live like we're in the 1%.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
https://twitter.com/meenaharris/status/1321656381133344768?s=20

The little "check please" finger, haha

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

That video is real good and “it’s not just that you’re a crook” is a wonderful thing to get to say for any politician but the second Ossoff started talking all I could think was “this dude has probably watched every speech Obama has ever given”, his cadence sounds so similar.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

DC Murderverse posted:

That video is real good and “it’s not just that you’re a crook” is a wonderful thing to get to say for any politician but the second Ossoff started talking all I could think was “this dude has probably watched every speech Obama has ever given”, his cadence sounds so similar.

I don't hear it tbh. Buttigieg has the Obama cadence down pat (though with less ums and uhs since he is a robot), Ossoff just sounds like a good measured speaker.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That has me so weak, holy poo poo :lol:

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FCKGW posted:

The “low flow shower head” was an entire Seinfeld episode. King of the Hill has an episode where Hank uncovers a government conspiracy around low flow toilets. Part of Al’s identity from Married with Children was his penchant for the Ferguson, a powerful toilet with “a mans flush”.

poo poo like this has been in the zeitgeist for a long time.

:hai: It all comes back to an easily threatened idea of manhood exploited by marketers, politicians and the like. These guys would pass off low-flow toilets and showerheads as merely an inconvenience if the political charge wasn't there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What I'm scared about in Georgia is the other Senate race. Warnock isn't getting 50% next Tuesday, and the turnout for the run off on Jan 4 or 5th or whenever it is, is going to be awful. I really think he's going to have his turnout Tuesday and the loser on the Republican sides followers are going to jump over to the other republican whether it's Collins or Loeffler, whichever comes in second on Tuesday since they both are polling pretty closely.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

"All the while you were lookong after youe own rear end-ets" :wow:

Where the gently caress was THIS Jon Ossoff hiding this whole time?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

That video is real good and “it’s not just that you’re a crook” is a wonderful thing to get to say for any politician...

Yeah the structure of that question was great, he managed to get so much into one question and have it pretty seamlessly flow from one point to the next, while make sure to point out why each point mattered very clearly. I hope that clip gets a lot of air play.

Also don't know who he's opponent is but they sounded like a real jerk. :argh:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

"All the while you were lookong after youe own rear end-ets" :wow:

Where the gently caress was THIS Jon Ossoff hiding this whole time?

Wasn't he always really loving good?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean he ate poo poo to Karen Handel in 2018(17?) and the SA consensus back then was "lol ossoff succdem", but I dunno.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I've only heard of Ossoff much from one guy who seemed to take great joy in saying increasingly violent and unhinged variations of JOHN LOSSOFF!!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean he ate poo poo to Karen Handel in 2018(17?) and the SA consensus back then was "lol ossoff succdem", but I dunno.

I remember it as him being really good and being extremely disappointed in GA more than Ossoff sucking, but now I'm confused.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

He lost by 4% in a 2017 special election in an R+23 district. But then Lucy McBath beat Handel in 2018, so maybe he could have done better?

Either way he's basically baby Beto - middle of the road establishment liberal. Not Tlaib, but not Feinstein either.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 29, 2020

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Stickman posted:

He lost by 4% in a 2017 special election in an R+23 district. But then Lucy McBath beat Handel in 2018, so maybe he could have done better?

Either way he's basically baby Beto - middle of the road establishment liberal. Not Tlaib, but not Feinstein either.

Part of the issue with him is that he has sort of the "Mayor Pete" feel to him - he comes off as an overly-ambitious wunderkind who is all too eager to be coopted into adopting some truly awful policies down the line. It may or may not be a fair assessment of him, but I can see why people have their suspicions.

That said, could easily be worse for a Southern Democrat with a snowball's chance in hell of winning, and I hope he wins. That clip of him definitely raises my estimation of him.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Oct 29, 2020

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Zotix posted:

What I'm scared about in Georgia is the other Senate race. Warnock isn't getting 50% next Tuesday, and the turnout for the run off on Jan 4 or 5th or whenever it is, is going to be awful. I really think he's going to have his turnout Tuesday and the loser on the Republican sides followers are going to jump over to the other republican whether it's Collins or Loeffler, whichever comes in second on Tuesday since they both are polling pretty closely.

Maybe. You also will not have Lieberman in as well which should bring some boost but also a massive amount of money as well as pretty much every top political operative in to assist in the campaign as well as national media.

You also have the potential fallout from a Trump loss and a massive blue wave. You very well could have a depressed turnout from the right due to the losses, especially if Perdue loses. There is a not insignificant amount of voters who vote with the perceived winners.

This election would be a good bellwether for what the GOP would do post-Trump. Both potential GOP candidates are heavily tainted by him so it will be hard to distance from him and his policies.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He keeps losing elections, and he's a pretty middle of the road dem but it'd be great if he won. I'd rather have the senate and do something with it than ideologically pure candidates.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/jacknicklaus/status/1321631802004541440?s=20

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1321656321708621824?s=20

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1321662088373293056?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I read that first post and thought it was Jack Nicholson

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Same

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I always make that mistake whenever I hear anything about Jack Nicklaus, then I remember Jack Nicholson 1) doesn't golf and 2) isn't an rear end in a top hat (...that I know of).

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Now this is an internet throwback targeted squarely at Xennials.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1321638682395398149

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
The thing with Ossoff is that he did worse than a literally fake, made up dem the previous election. That kind of thing gives you a rep.

Still, goddamn. That was a harley-quinn-bat-to-the-face attack. There may be hope for the dude yet!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a sudden terrifying realization just occurred to me.

if dems have ANY chance of court packing in the near future, they absolutely HAVE to win the senate this time around. the incumbent party almost always loses seats during the midterms, and i worry that the double whammy of the pandemic continuing into 2022 and another economic crash (just due to timing) will happen by then, and we'll be hosed.

can't believe so much is riding on this election. :smith:

also, re: mail in ballots: what is the logic that says you can mail something by a given deadline, but not have it count after a certain time on election day. wouldn't the latter nullify the former?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I always make that mistake whenever I hear anything about Jack Nicklaus, then I remember Jack Nicholson 1) doesn't golf and 2) isn't an rear end in a top hat (...that I know of).

I believe that Nicholson is famously, a colossal rear end in a top hat. Personally if not politically.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

also question: re herd mentality immunity

you know how they say they're going to 'protect the vulnerable'? how exactly are they going to do that? how does that work in a world where we pursue herd immunity?

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It doesn't of course. They just don't care.

We're not talking about people arguing in good faith here.

'Protect the vulnerable' is just a mantra to throw out while actually doing nothing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr Interweb posted:

you know how they say they're going to 'protect the vulnerable'? how exactly are they going to do that? how does that work in a world where we pursue herd immunity?

They're not. It doesn't.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Youth Decay posted:

I don't hear it tbh. Buttigieg has the Obama cadence down pat (though with less ums and uhs since he is a robot), Ossoff just sounds like a good measured speaker.

agree, obama always sounds like he’s delivering a sermon.

nine-gear crow posted:

I would not put it past Trump to have taken at least more than one poo poo so big it literally destroyed a toilet.

there’s no way his stools are solid with his diet

Data Graham posted:

It's absolutely a popular applause point among chuds, who want their personal convenience and drat everybody and everything else. FREEDOM.

this is like people i have previously interacted with stockpiling dozens of incandescent bulbs ‘for after they’re banned’

Mr Interweb posted:

well, herd immunity is actually the point of vaccination, generally (aside from directly not being sick). the right in various countries have co-opted this to mean letting the virus blaze through the population, but that has never really made sense in the way you mean. it’s just blather to make it seem like they’re in this fight with you without having to do anything. traditionally we like herd immunity as a concept because a healthy, vaccinated population can protect those who can’t, for whatever reason, actually take the vaccine themselves.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1321658692958183424?s=20

Exactly right.

The Lincoln Project will be our enemies on november 4th but for right now I'm so glad they make stuff like this.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1321658692958183424?s=20

Exactly right.

The Lincoln Project will be our enemies on november 4th but for right now I'm so glad they make stuff like this.

The fact that the Lincoln Project neocon ghouls support Biden is an indictment of Biden rather than a commendation of the Lincoln Project.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

I believe that Nicholson is famously, a colossal rear end in a top hat. Personally if not politically.

Wasn't Nicholson at a Bernie rally like a year ago. Pretty sure he's ok.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s so easy to show compassion to strangers, yet Trump wouldn’t know what to say in such situations. That’s what kills me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr Interweb posted:

also, re: mail in ballots: what is the logic that says you can mail something by a given deadline, but not have it count after a certain time on election day. wouldn't the latter nullify the former?
Article IV, Section 4: The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Catpetter1981 posted:

The fact that the Lincoln Project neocon ghouls support Biden is an indictment of Biden rather than a commendation of the Lincoln Project.

Donald Trump and the ghouls that follow him are an existential threat to the United States of America in a way that the neocon ghouls are not. I don't like Joe's reaching across the aisle attempts either, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend, for right now.

Edit: The moment Joe is elected, it's clear that the left will have to drag him in our direction. But that's infinitely better than the alternative.