Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Already better than the other anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

HannibalBarca posted:

HE IS RISEN!

Well I'm sold.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mantis42 posted:

I can tell this take is going be very popular and people are going to use the quality of the new series as an excuse to dump on the trilogy and I can already feel a growing desire in myself for Singular Point to be bad and unpopular, out of spite.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

:hmmyes:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Did the Trilogy have GOAT Jet Jaguar?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gripweed posted:

I can tell this take is going be very popular and people are going to use the quality of the new series as an excuse to dump on the trilogy and I can already feel a growing desire in myself for Singular Point to be bad and unpopular, out of spite.

The magic about having so many Godzilla versions in media is that there are always ones you can like even if some of them you especially don’t like.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Just adding the music does a lot to make the series seem promising.

We'll see, though.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Detective No. 27 posted:

Did the Trilogy have GOAT Jet Jaguar?

I actually checked after seeing the movie with Jet Jaguar in it if Jet Jaguar was in the novels, because I was curious about what they could do with it. It turns out no he wasn't even in the novels. The novels had the weird dragon from Mothra 2, and Gunhed, but not Jet Jaguar. Another point in favor of the trilogy.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The magic about having so many Godzilla versions in media is that there are always ones you can like even if some of them you especially don’t like.

yeah but one of the ones I like is just relentlessly poo poo on, imo, unfairly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There’s also this

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1320904029120049152?s=21

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Going through the trailer a few times- the kaiju I can identify are Godzilla, Rodan, Angirus, Jet Jaguar, Manda??, Baragon, Titanosaurus

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

And the Mososaurus Godzilla from the 1989 book "Entertainment Bible: New Edition Godzilla Encyclopedia" - August Ragone recognized it.

Mososaurus G2 by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

mosasaurus G by Doug Hardy, on Flickr

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its more likely to be this version of Titanosaurus but I'm sure it's also a reference to that design

Apparently some people think the kaiju I picked off as Baragon could be Gabara, which I guess I could see

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gripweed posted:

Weird thing to hope for imo

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Hmm. Looks as though JJ is a large cardboard cutout with a hole in it.

Cute.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like that this version of jet jaguar looks like either a beta version of Mecha Godzilla or like it's based on that design.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

It reminds me of the robot from Robotics;Notes

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

FYI these preorders are now live. $100 per set. Wasn't the full set only $150 when it came out?

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Shiftypenguin posted:

FYI these preorders are now live. $100 per set. Wasn't the full set only $150 when it came out?

It went as low as $125 according to camelcamelcamel. Either way, $100 per set is too steep for me.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

yeah but one of the ones I like is just relentlessly poo poo on, imo, unfairly.

Making Exposition the Trilogy was the worst idea for Godzilla cartoons and it deserves to be ridiculed.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
That looks like Gabara to me, which can only mean Minilla is the big bad to get back at the world for bullying.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I miss Godzuki.

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Shiftypenguin posted:

It's important to keep in mind that Amazon routinely lowers prices in pre-orders as they get closer to launch. For example, most Arrow Video pre-orders start at around 40 and end up 27 on release.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I just showed the trailer for Godzilla Singular Awkwardly Named Anime to my 10 year old. I asked him if he was excited about Jet Jaguar and he replied that he hoped JJ dies in five minutes like the original form Mechagodzilla in the anime trilogy. He summed up his feelings thusly: "Please die JJ."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Get him an account here.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Biff Rockgroin posted:

It's important to keep in mind that Amazon routinely lowers prices in pre-orders as they get closer to launch. For example, most Arrow Video pre-orders start at around 40 and end up 27 on release.

Good to know. I locked in my preorders. If nothing else they'll be a fun birthday present to myself as they're releasing the day after my birthday.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I just showed the trailer for Godzilla Singular Awkwardly Named Anime to my 10 year old. I asked him if he was excited about Jet Jaguar and he replied that he hoped JJ dies in five minutes like the original form Mechagodzilla in the anime trilogy. He summed up his feelings thusly: "Please die JJ."

If it makes you feel better, considering how hard they're going on his design, I don't think he's going to be more than a joke.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Burkion posted:

If it makes you feel better, considering how hard they're going on his design, I don't think he's going to be more than a joke.

It really does remind me of the Robotics;Notes robot. If it's the same kind of deal, an obviously lovely robot that people pour their heart and soul into anyway, then that's maybe the only thing that could actually make me like Jet Jaguar.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1321229659128909824?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Omg pacific rim show!???

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Omg pacific rim show!???

I posted it in this very page!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok that quick trailer has me very interested now. Probably the music.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I saw this print a couple months ago and am glad I finally found the person who made it so I could order one. I look forward to it arriving.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/836565345/smog-death-on-hippie-mountain-screen?ref=shop_home_active_8

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Gabras gonna be in singular point? Was gabra real in the movies? I thought he was just a kids concussion dream.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Gabras gonna be in singular point? Was gabra real in the movies? I thought he was just a kids concussion dream.

Different continuity so anything goes

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

He's a tulpa who became real, like Mr. Snuffleupagus

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1322613215210184705?s=20

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Painting soft vinyl kaiju helps me unwind

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love your work - I want one so bad.....

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm not gonna pay 4000 yen for 9 hours of content in a language I don't understand. One of you guys do it and tell me what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

I'm not gonna pay 4000 yen for 9 hours of content in a language I don't understand. One of you guys do it and tell me what happens

?? What are you talking about Grip