Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got really yuck about covid today and picked fights in like 5 different threads. I was just in bad mood sorry. It's cool if you love guns whatever I didn't mean the thing I said about overly curious toddlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Jonny 290 posted:

i don't begrudge people for escaping the us before it was impossible to do so. I just feel bad for them because this is going to maybe end in global thermonuclear annihilation, and they're going to live long enough to see the first strikes before the retaliatory launches get them too.

lol no

even in an all-out nuclear exchange most people aren't going to get instantly killed. the majority of deaths will be from radiation poisoning, starvation, and dysentery.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
like, if you really want to maximize your chances of being within the instant death zone, i guess you could go live next to a military base or international airport.

although even then there are expected to be some proportion of missiles that fail to launch and warheads that fail to detonate or otherwise go off-course, so depending on the target you live next to it's still possible god might laugh as he spurns you

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hmm. i prefer "instantly killed" tia

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

like, if you really want to maximize your chances of being within the instant death zone, i guess you could go live next to a military base or international airport.

although even then there are expected to be some proportion of missiles that fail to launch and warheads that fail to detonate or otherwise go off-course, so depending on the target you live next to it's still possible god might laugh as he spurns you

from where i live, i think my best chance of an easy exit is if china shot a couple scuds into the yellowstone caldera, then i'd be burnt toast

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

fart simpson posted:

hmm. i prefer "instantly killed" tia

death by direct impact of the warhead imo

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

I got really yuck about covid today and picked fights in like 5 different threads. I was just in bad mood sorry. It's cool if you love guns whatever I didn't mean the thing I said about overly curious toddlers.

i feel that picking fights is an important aspect of the forums ecosystem, like a brushfire to clear out low-lying scrub

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Glorgnole posted:

death by direct impact of the warhead imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JqFai6N2c

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

My sister in law is a trainee doctor person and she is genuinely concerned that she could be asked to kill her patients.

it’s not like it’s just a free for all all of a sudden. pretty sure you have to be dying and suffering from your miserable slow death

i’m disturbed that I won’t be able to sell weed over the counter

Kazinsal posted:

"yeah I'm here to pick up my prescription of 500 mg of generic Killufast"

a 1g fentanyl patch should take care of most people peacefully :smugmrgw:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I know. she’s venting a bit and wants to help people live not die, that’s all.

there is a lot put on the doctors in that bill

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
medicine is hosed up

so this dude who is a farmer and he’s nice but uneducated was asking if there was a drug they could give his dad to bring back his personality that he lost after having a stroke

kinda said that well, left to his own devices he would have died. modern medicine saved his life, and this is life that is left.

you don’t have to be in the game for long to discover that longer life is not higher quality of life, and that helping people live, if taken to the extreme, may just be extending someone’s suffering

plus they’re doctors. they all have huge responsibility all the time. and they get paid well for it. it’s not an easy job. at least that shows she cares. the GP across the road from my work is just coasting now.

ya know if a doctor prescribes all the wrong things and misses things etc and i pick up all his errors and etc, there’s no repurcussion? it just doesn’t matter. i don’t mind being a safety net but i’m not a fuckin proof reader. yet he earns all the dollars, patients complain that he spends the consults talking about himself and his hard life.

ya know he’s an ordinary white kiwi.. who at some stage in his life while being a doctor converted to islam

would love to ask him, a person well educated in science and medical science, what the gently caress he found
so compelling in loving islam. not all religions are made equal and that one is the fuckin worst. how the hell do you look at it and the culture it produces and decide “yep that’s what I need more of in my life”. he married a muslim woman maybe he just converted coz she’s got a platinum snatch idk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

uh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

it's time for the drunk echi racism variety hour

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
I was making a post next level grim about doctors who just don't have the time for their patients, but maybe not.

But no, there's a reason doctors burn out real bad sometimes and maybe just killing patients who wish to no longer suffer when it's certain that's all they'd do is a good thing.

I doubt there will be a need to force the doctors to do it, ever. The right kind of person to be okay with it emerges after witnessing enough.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

would love to ask him, a person well educated in science and medical science, what the gently caress he found
so compelling in loving islam. not all religions are made equal and that one is the fuckin worst. how the hell do you look at it and the culture it produces and decide “yep that’s what I need more of in my life”. he married a muslim woman maybe he just converted coz she’s got a platinum snatch idk

did you know echi that when you say "the culture [islam] produces" you're ganging up 1.8 billion people across the entirety of africa, asia, the indian subcontinent, and indonesia (plus the diaspora in the western world of course) and suggesting their practices are all indistinguishable to you (and "the fuckin worst")

just, like, checking

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

as a doctor-adjacent person have you not like encountered muslim doctors before? there are more muslim doctors in america than any other single religion

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That post sure took a turn echi

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

medicine is hosed up

so this dude who is a farmer and he’s nice but uneducated was asking if there was a drug they could give his dad to bring back his personality that he lost after having a stroke

kinda said that well, left to his own devices he would have died. modern medicine saved his life, and this is life that is left.

you don’t have to be in the game for long to discover that longer life is not higher quality of life, and that helping people live, if taken to the extreme, may just be extending someone’s suffering

plus they’re doctors. they all have huge responsibility all the time. and they get paid well for it. it’s not an easy job. at least that shows she cares. the GP across the road from my work is just coasting now.

ya know if a doctor prescribes all the wrong things and misses things etc and i pick up all his errors and etc, there’s no repurcussion? it just doesn’t matter. i don’t mind being a safety net but i’m not a fuckin proof reader. yet he earns all the dollars, patients complain that he spends the consults talking about himself and his hard life.

ya know he’s an ordinary white kiwi.. who at some stage in his life while being a doctor converted to islam

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the Irish Harold Shipman.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

medicine is hosed up

lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Friday night is party night :toot:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

anyway, :gas: thread, ban op :rip:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

medicine is hosed up

anyway, :gas: thread, ban op :rip:
:thunk:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

as a doctor-adjacent person have you not like encountered muslim doctors before? there are more muslim doctors in america than any other single religion

never a white born in nz one no

it’s not the muslim part that is odd, it’s the converting to islam after being educated in a science based field that strikes me as odd

if any person from any background, after studying science, converted to christianity, I would also think that was loving disturbing.

Sagebrush posted:

did you know echi that when you say "the culture [islam] produces" you're ganging up 1.8 billion people across the entirety of africa, asia, the indian subcontinent, and indonesia (plus the diaspora in the western world of course) and suggesting their practices are all indistinguishable to you (and "the fuckin worst")

just, like, checking

I suppose I should have been a bit more specific and said something about certain parts largely
common amongst the culture that surrounds islam, my intention was that at least, not lumping all their cultures together, certainly wasn’t what I was referring to.

but the sexism and homophobia and lack of human rights and death threats toward apostates and aggressive anti semitism.: it would take a special kind of fool to try to argue that those things are just coincident in those cultures and not a direct result of their iron age religion

thankfully some people break free. ex muslims are the best, and the disdain they hold for islam is something we can all learn from (this is true of all
apostates)

Kazinsal posted:

it's time for the drunk echi racism variety hour

today I learned that islam is a race

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echi there might be a touch of that old youth group of yours pushing through

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m not going to say some of my best friends are Muslim’s, or claim to know the religion enough to speak in their defence. but I sure have worked with a lot of them. loving hell man, it’s been just over a year

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 30, 2020

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lots of Muslim’s love halal meat! :yum: #notafarmer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
christianity is real hosed up and things like the crusades and etc are evidence that it can bring true evil on the world and it’s not really bad to say that there are homophobic and sexist elements common to the cultures surrounding christianity and that these are bad and that christianity plays a large part in this.

and
in fact, it’s far more insulting to the cultures in largely islam nations to say their anti trans homophobic antisemetic stances are a result of the humans and the inherent culture, rather than the religion common to them.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

take some time my friend. your not making sense.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I’m not going to say some of my best friends are Muslim’s, or claim to know the religion enough to speak in their defence. but I sure have worked with a lot of them. loving hell man, it’s been just over a year

and I know personally some people that were there.

it’s not the people, not one bit

I know loads of people on the methadone program. have a lot of empathy and care for them. doesn’t mean I have to think opioids are all good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

a lot of muslim farmers in nz?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lots of Muslim’s love halal meat! :yum: #notafarmer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i have several muslim friends. thanks for reading.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the animal has to be blessed before it’s slaughtered.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

can you bless it or do you need an imam or something on the farm

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there are muslims in the abattoir that do that but to be honest I don’t know if I am allowed to

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also the animal has to die due to loss of blood. if you accidentally killed the animal with a bolt thru its neck it would not be halal

it’s called exsanguination

in western nations, due to our preference of not wishing an animal to die in that way, it’s common to knock the animal unconscious before this happens, so the animal doesn’t have to actually experience exsanguination first hand. but that still has to be the mechanism of death

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i wish your posts were haram, op

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

i wish your posts were haram, op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUL4VslJykA

I a, grifting more that ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:ohno: