Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Terrible Opinions posted:

It may have bad actual consequences, but it's stupid to try to shame people for wanting a visceral comeuppance for the people killing them.
i do agree with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fil5000 posted:

I'm not sure "Suicide Squad, The Snowman and Book of Henry were bad" qualifies as contrarian

Dan's most contrarian film take I've seen is that Justice League wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Oh, shut up, Olsen, you two-faced little ratfuck.

Jamie Faith posted:

Not defending Dan's take but uh, Dan is rich?

He's rich in stupidity and condescension.

mycot posted:

I don't think that's a good comparison because Moviebob has the exact opposite take on yearning for violence :v:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1321867076512948231

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i do not care what dan olson's opinions on violent revolution are

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

This is gonna get real stupid real fast, isn't it.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

It really seems like famous youtubers should just not use twitter for the most part. Most of them just end up embarrassing themselves and/or hurting people. :smith:

Except for a few like Hobomberguy, Shaun, and Cosmonaut Marcus who are pro follows :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Without knowing what specifically brought Dan's comment on I see no real reason to get upset about it.

Max Wilco posted:

Uhhhhhh

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jamie Faith posted:

Except for a few like Hobomberguy, Shaun

lol

(I can't speak to the last one since I don't follow them at all)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rapidly Going Deaf › Online Creators + Reviewers V: Reply Guys Anonymous

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Garrand posted:

lol

(I can't speak to the last one since I don't follow them at all)

What's your beef with Hbomb and Shaun? Or are you just laughing at that typo I made?

"Hobomberguy" :shepface:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Arist posted:

Without knowing what specifically brought Dan's comment on I see no real reason to get upset about it.

Uhhhhhh

It’s lovely centralist garbage, the height of the enlightened online discourse

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Dan Olson has clearly learned too much about politics from World of Warcraft.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

He's rich in stupidity and condescension.
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1321867076512948231
You okay man?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

He couldn't find any alt-right anime tweets to post in the thread and then claim they didn't know the tweeter was a white supremacist

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jamie Faith posted:

What's your beef with Hbomb and Shaun? Or are you just laughing at that typo I made?

"Hobomberguy" :shepface:

They pretty regularly put their foot in their mouth as well, although as far as my feed is concerned hbomb is largely just retweets more than anything else lately.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Garrand posted:

They pretty regularly put their foot in their mouth as well, although as far as my feed is concerned hbomb is largely just retweets more than anything else lately.

Huh I must have missed that. I follow a ton of people so I don't see every tweet of theirs. Just the ones I do are always funny and make me laugh.

But anyway yeah twitter bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
On one hand Dan's tweet is very lame because people have good reasons to be angry and violent towards our current power structures. On the other hand, performative antifa supersoldiers are boring as hell and my response to bloodthirsty "we should kill those motherfuckers" people tends to be...y'know, no one is stopping you. I think it's just unproductive as hell anyway, it's people jerking off over revenge fantasies instead of organizing anything because they know they won't ever have to put their rear end on the line.

Violence is a tool, not the endgame.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dias posted:

On one hand Dan's tweet is very lame because people have good reasons to be angry and violent towards our current power structures. On the other hand, performative antifa supersoldiers are boring as hell and my response to bloodthirsty "we should kill those motherfuckers" people tends to be...y'know, no one is stopping you. I think it's just unproductive as hell anyway, it's people jerking off over revenge fantasies instead of organizing anything because they know they won't ever have to put their rear end on the line.

its an extremely lovely genre of posting

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The best twitter follow is TokuGifs. :colbert:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Zedd posted:

The best twitter follow is TokuGifs. :colbert:

The best twitter follow is KoroneNoises :c00lbert:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I love Shaun but he might be the worst Tweeterer on the entire planet.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

JordanKai posted:

I love Shaun but he might be the worst Tweeterer on the entire planet.

lol yeah did we forget that like a month ago Shuan tweeted about how people only liked Vtubers because they had mysogynistic and racist ideas about Asian women, and didn't clarify he was only talking about alt-right Vtube fans? Then when called out on it went all "Trap Sprung :smug:"?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

lol yeah did we forget that like a month ago Shuan tweeted about how people only liked Vtubers because they had mysogynistic and racist ideas about Asian women, and didn't clarify he was only talking about alt-right Vtube fans? Then when called out on it went all "Trap Sprung :smug:"?

so youre saying you misread his tweet and youre still mad about it a month later

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

No? He stated that was the biggest draw to "western bigots" not to everyone who like vtubers. It's right in the first tweet.

The subject of the sentence is "western bigots" not "people who like vtubers"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all of you shut the gently caress up about twitter garbage there's a new Kreal video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr8IrGTO--0

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Max Wilco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ3y9VuvDgs

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

No, I'm not. I'm just disgusted with everything. poo poo takes like this have been pissing me off for a long time, and I've bottled it up, but that tweet just popped the cork. I saw it earlier, but I've been trying to avoid the new thread.

I want you to understand something: over the last few years, people have harped on phrases like, "eat the rich", "punch nazis", "centrism is akin to being right-wing aka fishhook theory", "there's no ethical consumption under capitalism", and so on.

Something I said in the previous thread, and that you lectured me on:

Max Wilco posted:

Dunno if it's appropriate to point it out, but I've seen people have been laying the blame of rioting, looting, and 'revolutionary' attitude on Antifa.

Also quite honestly if you care about the rioting, gently caress off. Just gently caress off. No one should care at all. Like Jesus Christ if you care about the rioting I'm sure you'd have been upset about the Warsaw Jews using guns against the Nazis, you miserable shitstain.

So it's like, fine, if violent revolution is what it takes, than that's what it loving takes. But oh no, here comes Dan, whining, "people who want violent revolution are garbage:qq:", and all I can think is, "Motherfucker, do want change, or do you just want to piss and moan and berate people because they aren't doing praxis to your liking? Take your loving dogshit liberal attitude of 'peaceful protest' and choke on it."

Like I'm just gonna come out and say this: I didn't vote for Biden; I voted for the green party candidates. You can blame me for throwing my vote away and enabling Trump to win again, but I don't give a poo poo. Had Sanders been the Democratic nominee, then I'd have voted for him, but instead they picked Biden. The people going #VoteBlueNoMatterWho can gently caress off. The people going, "Well, I don't like Biden, but he's better than Trump" can also gently caress off. Biden's not going to do poo poo. We're just gonna languish for another four years, and then Trump 2 gets elected. Either piss or get off the pot; don't do this in-between bullshit.

But I'm sure someone's going to say, "Max, you're a stupid idiot, and you clearly don't understand the complexity of this, you're misrepresenting and misunderstand Dan, and yadda yadda blah blah blah..." Well I don't know what to tell you, other than that I'm an idiot who can't figure this poo poo out, and I'm beyond help.

Do not even ask posted:

He couldn't find any alt-right anime tweets to post in the thread and then claim they didn't know the tweeter was a white supremacist

Well if and when violent revolution gets underway, you're more than welcome to shove a pistol against my head and paint the walls in grey matter. No one would blame you, and at this point, I really don't give a poo poo, and you'd be doing me a favor.

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1311443405138997249
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1311444052366233606

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1298366014753841155
https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1298371951745011712

Choose your fighter.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

just two more days of this poo poo guys and then posts will be good again

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what on earth

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Clearly we need this again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLKZtppbm_Q

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dude, go offline for a bit and drink some water. It'll only do you good.

Anyway, new Stump Sohla because Sohla is cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_H9zvMsOk&hd=1

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

No? He stated that was the biggest draw to "western bigots" not to everyone who like vtubers. It's right in the first tweet.

The subject of the sentence is "western bigots" not "people who like vtubers"

It's also worded straight out of the conservative deniable plausibility handbook. If you don't believe me try the phrases "Muslim terrorists" or "Mexican criminals" instead, they're technically specific but you know what's being said when the usual suspects say it. It's not just bigots who would react negatively, it's literally anyone who feels defensive about the topic which considering it's anime-adjacent is a lot of people. It's certainly not intentional but it is poorly worded which has been pointed out is a theme with left twitter.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nothing wrong with those garbage ape tweets. Those people are shmucks screaming into the void. Why is one wearing a MAGA hat? Feels like it was staged to give FOX news some sensationalist dirt to run against the BLM protests.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I can't believe Dan Olson and Shaun may control the fate of the middle east!

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dire Lemming posted:

It's also worded straight out of the conservative deniable plausibility handbook. If you don't believe me try the phrases "Muslim terrorists" or "Mexican criminals" instead, they're technically specific but you know what's being said when the usual suspects say it. It's not just bigots who would react negatively, it's literally anyone who feels defensive about the topic which considering it's anime-adjacent is a lot of people. It's certainly not intentional but it is poorly worded which has been pointed out is a theme with left twitter.
ethics in anime journalism

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates

He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams!

Before they hung him from the gallows, these were the final words he said:

"My fortune is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first
I left everything I own in One Piece..."

Ever since, pirates from all over the world set sail for the Grand Line, searching for One Piece;

The treasure that would make their dreams come true!

YO!
Ya-yo, ya-yo!

Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Luffy!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Zolo!
Dreamin'! Don't give it up, Nami!
Dreamin'!
Don't give it, give it up, give it up, give it up
Give it up, give it up, give it up, give it UP!

Here's how the story goes, we find out
'bout a treasure in the Grand Line, there's no doubt
The pirate whose eye is on it, he'll sing
I'll be King of the Pirates, I'm gonna be King!

Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo... oh-ho!

His name is Luffy!
That's Monkey D. Luffy!
Gonna be king of the pirates!
He's made of rubber!
How did that happen?
Yo-ho-ho, he took a bite of Gum Gum!

Ya-yo, ya-yo!

His name's Zolo, he's just like a samurai
And a L-A-D-Y, Nami's not shy
Usopp's doin' that marksman thing
Sanji's cookin', Chopper's doctoring!

Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo, oh-ho!

Set sail for One Piece!
It's the name of the treasure
In the Grand Line!
Ya-yo, ya-yo...

Set sail for ONE PIECE!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Farm Frenzy posted:

just two more days of this poo poo guys and then posts will be good again

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dire Lemming posted:

so why do you give a poo poo?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s lovely centralist garbage, the height of the enlightened online discourse

lmao no it isn't. His feed is still pretty lefty, he's just being extra polite about it

Dans take was extraordinarily stupid though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm a decentralist, actually.