Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RatHat posted:

To be fair the “final stage” will likely last years.

Given at the pace this series goes? Not likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Given at the pace this series goes? Not likely.

Yeah.

If the "final phase" is twice as long as the longest arc so far, we'll still be done by midway into 2021.

The manga's almost certainly going to last for the rest of the year, but this isn't going to be Promised Neverland or Demon Slayer, where the finale lasts what feels like half the manga.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The final arc: Denji's Inferno

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
drat, this chapter hit me right in the feels

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s still not clear how much Makima controlled imo, like the attack by the katana man and snake she knew was coming.

Hoping Kishibe has a plan for Makima considering he’s been trying to get people on board a while. He also disagrees with her early on after training the kids. He also says he’ll do what she wants as long as she’s on humanity’s side back then.

Hoping he has that pretty strong civilian Hunter Hirofumi in ho did good against Quanxi inside. Don’t see Kishibe surviving but hoping we see the former strongest devil hunter do something cool.

For the very erotic power Denji scene he specifically says it doesn’t feel naughty which is how he refers to sex stuff. I think there’s enough ambiguity there to make their relationship hard to pin down. I thonk with the bath scene too it’s more familial intended. My reading is they have all these typically sexual seeming scenes but he doesn’t feel aroused at all because he loves her differently

For Makima being a horseman maybe that’s the reading but honestly the official translation is bizarrely phrased too so god knows what it it means. Imagine we’ll get a flashback to that shortly though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also the prediction about Denji killing power was the first one. Future goes on to say “and then the devil devils fear the most will appear”. Making told him if he opened the door Power would die and he did it

e: also curious what devil Kobeni is contracted to, wonder if it’s chainsaw. Unlikely but trying to understand why Makima was interested in her.

Also I’m guessing CSM is the one who nearly killed Gun originally. Wonder if that’s part of the last major battle Makima mentioned

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 2, 2020

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Poor Kobeni

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This was taken during the bomb arc though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That was a very emotional chapter. Glad we got some actual closer for Power, as that feels like a rarity in Fujimoto’s works. drat you Fujimoto. ✌️

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/d_kumii/status/1323238111938334721?s=21

Hell of a cosign!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I do not think at all that Denji and Power are romantic, and it's super duper platonic as well (yes, erotic blood-drinking can be platonic!). It would just be weird otherwise.

I'm a bit torn on the "final stage" news. I can see this ending by chapter 200 or something, but I hope Fujimoto could pace it well enough. I really prefer shorter manga nowadays, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

e: also curious what devil Kobeni is contracted to, wonder if it’s chainsaw. Unlikely but trying to understand why Makima was interested in her.

I think she was just referring to normal people's perception of Chainsawman affecting his power.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am expecting it to wrap up in like ten chapters lol. I assumed Makima to be the end boss and I can’t imagine it going beyond this arc currently

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

I think she was just referring to normal people's perception of Chainsawman affecting his power.

Ya probably as well as who chainsaw man was currently saving

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji will fall in love with Blood Devil, while seeing Blood Fiend/Power as his sister. He kills Power before dates, and Blood Devil before family dinners.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also excited for Pochita and Denji to talk again at some point. Also an interesting note is Makima said CSM ate whatever hybrids were removing them from human knowledge but weirdly not erasing hybrids

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kobeni is a cosmic anomaly because it is so wildly improbable that she survives any given day.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She's contracted to the Capitalism Devil. No matter what happens, it's never enough to earn her paid time-off. She will always be able, and be required, to work the next day.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Her being involved with the raid because it’s almost bonus day after most of division 4 was slaughtered 👌

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Reread the snowball fight, just phenomenal

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I love that kobeni's car outranked her in the popularity poll.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I Am Fowl posted:

I love that kobeni's car outranked her in the popularity poll.

Elfface posted:

She's contracted to the Capitalism Devil. No matter what happens, it's never enough to earn her paid time-off. She will always be able, and be required, to work the next day.

:hmmyes:

two good ones

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kobeni is a cosmic anomaly because it is so wildly improbable that she survives any given day.

She's a really, really good fighter. She just never actually wants to fight.
from Chapter 28

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah Himeno says as much when introducing her and Arai to Aki, says Kobeni is hella strong but a coward. And we haven’t even seen her contract

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

from Chapter 28

She also has a remarkable capacity to just... vanish. She appeared behind Sawatari out of nowhere in the second half of the hideout raid to put a knife to her throat, Reze only noticed her when Violence called her name, she disappeared in Hell after taking off Violence's mask, she was gone when Power showed up to fight Makima...

I suspect that Kobeni's secret devil contract is one that lets her vanish. Her combat abilities can just be natural skill, like Kishibe being able to kick the crap out of multiple fiends without invoking his contracts, but that kind of stealth is weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She has a contract with the "Secret" Devil because, you know, people are terrified of secrets.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1322931230841724929?s=20

Side by side comparison with chapter 1

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We’re definitely seeing Kishibe go all out soon. He was carefully kept out of hell and the raid as well as beating Quanxi’s fiends off screen. Praying the payoff is sick af. Might pull a Himeno so he can actually invoke is contracts

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cool

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

from Chapter 28

I love those looks of :sigh: Kobeni gives.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

I love those looks of :sigh: Kobeni gives.

I love the action line crossing panels to have Kobeni snatch the gun. Fujimoto does a lot of fun stuff with page construction.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Goddamn.

from Chapter 28

I had forgotten how much of a killing machine Kobeni is when she gets her head in the game.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
This is amazing

https://twitter.com/ymsk_htbk/status/1323778710286204928?s=20

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
:pusheen: :pusheen: :pusheen:

wheres my holky gently caress emote!!!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'm pretty sure at this point there's enough fan animation for Chainsaw Man to fill a whole half hour timeslot, complete with OP and ED.

That is a lot of content for a series with no anime announced.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sick

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
goddamn that's like some Suda51 looking stuff

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
Might've posted it before but same artist has done a couple other CSM anims

Denji Lettin' it Rip
https://twitter.com/ymsk_htbk/status/1232609694037839872?s=20

Chainsaw VS Katana
https://twitter.com/ymsk_htbk/status/1195253691390914560?s=20

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://imgur.com/a/Zw0DLzi

speed scan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
really glad kobeni is along for the ride here