Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1323627281215008772?s=19

Christ what a dumbass. This will probably be deleted. If it is I'll post screenshot

He deleted it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Random Stranger posted:

Even in the event that Trump starts squatting the White House, we really don't want to use the military to haul him out. It'll be other federal law enforcement that does it.

It would be some combination of Secret Service and Capitol Police

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That Rashida tweet got deleted

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I wonder what ol' Rudy is up to today

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1323681851228278789

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"i am not your enemy" i say showing off the tools i'm going to use later to attack you while standing and talking just. like. this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

punk rebel ecks posted:

He deleted it.

Everybody's seen it by now, and the thread got sick of it pretty quick anyway

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
"Texas looks strong..." -- Donald Trump on election day.

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

again not even waiting until he wins to just poo poo on any leftward momentum, fantastic

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

lame

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I had to rewrite this twelve times to not curse.

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

haveblue posted:

It would be some combination of Secret Service and Capitol Police

Honestly I think a siege would be the best way to go. Just get the chef and the guy who goes to McDonalds for him to leave and then wait for him to get hungry and wander out.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I’m not sure why people expect Biden to say he’s going to change the Supreme Court outright when it’s clearly not a political winner right now.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

The government creating a commission to look into a problem everyone is screaming about is the same as a corporation saying they're taking something "very seriously."

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Hasn’t he been saying this exact same thing for a while now?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Look, we tried to pass it, but we couldnt get it through our non binding committee of white supremacists. what am I supposed to do?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Shammypants posted:

I’m not sure why people expect Biden to say he’s going to change the Supreme Court outright when it’s clearly not a political winner right now.

Yeah I think if congress passed it he'd sign it regardless. The buck is on congress.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

quote:

Michigan officials warned voters of robocalls on Tuesday morning, saying that calls were going to residents in Flint, a city with a large Black population, in an effort to confuse voters and lower turnout.

Michigan’s secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson, said that calls were warning people in Flint of long lines at polling places and suggesting that voters wait until Wednesday to cast ballots. Polls in Michigan close at 8 p.m. on Tuesday.

I realize it's probably unenforceable, but is there a law against this?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I don't care what milquetoast poo poo Biden says today, just get him elected and we can put him in a headlock and give him noogies until he stacks the court or w/e.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
To be fair to Biden for some reason, that would be exactly what I said pre-election if I were fully planning on packing the court

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I am SHOCKED that Biden is staying consistent abivilant about an issue that might drive reluctant voters to the polls on election day.

SHOCKED.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ballz posted:

He used to just dodge the question, the bipartisan commission is a recent development. So I guess it's technically leftward movement...

Bubbacub posted:

It is generally illegal to spread inaccurate election information, yes

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:lol:

https://twitter.com/poppy_haze/status/1323659748194091010?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1323640478600994819

Guys, the Republicans Are Concerned.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shammypants posted:

During the debate Biden said he wouldn't ban fracking and support for a fracking ban among PA Dems dropped from over 60 percent to 20 something.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Expanding the supreme court will not be a political winner despite all our hopes and dreams until the supreme court touches one of 3 third rails: abortion, gay marriage, ACA

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bubbacub posted:

Yes, its illegal and very enforceable, but by thr time it is enforced it has already affected the election.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

It's interesting that the republican take on this is "Yeah, a committee with 5 dems and 4 republicans, and their findings will be to pack the courts!" and the dem response is usually 'He's not going to do poo poo!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's really just a beautiful metaphor for his entire life :allears:

Guilded poo poo

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bubbacub posted:

Jacob Wohl is currently on trial for this, so it is definitely enforceable.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

scratch unpleasant posted:

Expanding the supreme court will not be a political winner despite all our hopes and dreams until the supreme court touches one of 3 third rails: abortion, gay marriage, ACA

This is my opinion as well

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Biden specifically saying conservatives is actually a very Lincoln like word-choice here that I think it potentially very optimistic. Because he doesn't say Republicans which means that the commission might have 1 or 2 token Republicans and the "conservative" makeup are either conservative Dems (who have largely seem to be coming around to the idea) or "independents" who also are probably persuadable to back expanding the supreme court for the numerous practical reasons beyond "winning on liberal/left issues".

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ballz posted:

Yes, weeks

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Holy poo poo hes not gonna do anything while the suprme court just destroys everything, huh? Any Republicans he puts on that commission will find "everything's cool, we dont need to do stuff".

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Throwing Turtles posted:

Honestly I think a siege would be the best way to go. Just get the chef and the guy who goes to McDonalds for him to leave and then wait for him to get hungry and wander out.

Just put some hamburgers out on the front lawn and be waiting with a net.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

Isn't that basically what Jacob Wohl and his associate are facing charges for doing as we speak.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I really want to believe biden is playing 12 dimension chess with "not being interested but secretly planning to anyways" but honestly after 4 years of Trump saying hes gonna do insane things and then mostly following through I can't help but be skeptical. I do think he has a good chance to change his tune if one of the big issues gets overturned but still.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Meatball posted:

Holy poo poo hes not gonna do anything while the suprme court just destroys everything, huh? Any Republicans he puts on that commission will find "everything's cool, we dont need to do stuff".

He's giving the same publically uncontroversial response he's given the whole time. I dont give a poo poo, Dem attitudes are moving forward on it I'm not a strong believer election talk translates directly to intent.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Meatball posted:

Could be, but *on election day* is probably not the day to make a huge stand on a controversial issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Esplanade posted:

Just put some hamburgers out on the front lawn and be waiting with a net.

Don't catch covid.

Use a box with a stick.