Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Report: Thunder Rosa Was Originally Going To Debut In WWE NXT At Halloween Havoc

Another Possible Twist In The Tale That Is Thunder Rosa's Status...

By Aidan Gibbons 3 November, 2020 1:30 PM
Thunder Rosa's future plans have been the talk of the wrestling world over the past week. Dave Meltzer first reported that AEW and WWE were interested in signing the former NWA World Women's Champion. He later added that he was told Rosa dropped the NWA belt because she was looking to go to WWE, but Billy Corgan announced "La Mera Mera" is under contract with the NWA through 2021.

Alex McCarthy has now reported on talkWRESTLING that Rosa was going to debut in NXT at the end of Halloween Havoc but those plans were scrapped.

McCarthy said: "Here's a little bit of a scoop, kind of, for you Will. PWInsider did say that there was somebody who was meant to debut at the end of Halloween Havoc and they were meant to point to Io Shirai and kind of point to the next challenger for the NXT Title…

"Where we're at with this is I've done some digging around and apparently it is Thunder Rosa. She is the woman who is going to be making her debut as soon as these COVID restrictions that she has possibly found herself in - They didn't want to take the risk at Halloween Havoc because of where she had been… So, when all of that is settled, Thunder Rosa will apparently be making the next step to the yellow and black brand."

If Thunder Rosa will join the black and gold brand remains to be seen, but the woman herself said on Busted Open Radio that she would like to be with a promotion that allows her to pursue side projects.

Rosa said: "That's a great question. Because of all the projects that I have on the side, it has to be a place where I'm able to continue to work with what I'm working on. As you guys know, I run and I'm part-owner of Mission Pro Wrestling… And there's so much that I'm working on with other projects that I have with this to make it bigger.

"So, if I'm able to do it in NWA, then with NWA. If I'm able to do it with AEW, probably. But now knowing what WWE is doing with things that we have on the side, it's going to be very difficult for me to work on my personal projects. And sometimes those personal projects are the things that bring you the most joy in life. And I don't want that joy to be taken away from me for money. If that's what I have to sacrifice sometimes, then I'd rather be happy than be a slave."

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-thunder-rosa-was-originally-going-to-debut-in-wwe-nxt-at-halloween-havoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

So she is not still bound for NXT and indentured servitude in wwe? Is this happy news in 2020?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol a guitar on a pole match

bet that was a real classic

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

projecthalaxy posted:

lol a guitar on a pole match

bet that was a real classic

avatar post combo is extremely on point here

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

bartok posted:

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of Crown Jewel. The final straw that got me to stop watching WWE even though I'd been a lifelong fan since 1991.

Big same there, the Saudi Arabia stuff, particularly the Khashoggi murder, disgusted me enough I just quit cold turkey when I was usually onboard to at least do the PPVs.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=141023

WWE files trademark for name "Chigona Bomb".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DogsInSpace! posted:

So she is not still bound for NXT and indentured servitude in wwe? Is this happy news in 2020?

Whack

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

bladeworksmaster posted:

Big same there, the Saudi Arabia stuff, particularly the Khashoggi murder, disgusted me enough I just quit cold turkey when I was usually onboard to at least do the PPVs.

I hadn't watched much before Crown Jewel, but I still had a Network subscription. Crown Jewel and all the poo poo surrounding it finally made me cancel, because even just 9.99 is too much to give WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Davros1 posted:

Slapjack

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Davros1 posted:

thunder rosa debuting directly into retribution i see

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

thunder rosa debuting directly into retribution i see

Hahahaha

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Adam Bomb legacy continues

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I hadn't watched much before Crown Jewel, but I still had a Network subscription. Crown Jewel and all the poo poo surrounding it finally made me cancel, because even just 9.99 is too much to give WWE.

Thank you for reminding me of the Saudi deal. I've been tempted to sub to the Network for a month or so to watch some old stuff, but remembering the Saudi deal and everything surrounding it has reminded me why I don't already have a Network subscription.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

do not heed the siren song of the WWE network my friends.

subscribe to wrestle universe instead :getin:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

We Got Us A Bread posted:

Ah, so that's what happened to Drago's weird gummi tongue thing. Speaking of which, LU fans, what's Drago up to now?

Was still working for AAA and a little for MLW pre-pandemic, I'm not sure what he's doing right now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I liked New Day vs Hurt Business just because Kofi and MVP cracking on each other is good stuff but this was the only thing I did not decide to fast forward through. Well I guess Raw being back to something I watch in 15 minutes is good for it going an hour later for me now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/thunderrosa22/status/1323677621583024129?s=20

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

wouldnt surprise me at all if WWE the entire time just expected to get Thunder Rosa and had elaborate plans for her without ever bothering to communicate to her

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

amazing how they can report all that bullshit and yet still acknowledge the interview she gave wherein she literally says it would be significantly tougher to debut in WWE over other places. It's like they invalidated their own "scoop" right at the end because I strongly doubt WWE would have ever let her do those other things.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I think you mean SLAPwhack.

Aye Doc posted:

wouldnt surprise me at all if WWE the entire time just expected to get Thunder Rosa and had elaborate plans for her without ever bothering to communicate to her

"What do you mean she isn't joining us? Didn't we say we would give her 5 dollars and hour and she gets to be a wwe superstar? I mean.... money? What do you mean she has other reasons to not come? What do you mean something more important than money?"

Countdown to WWE hiring "private contractors" to come by and give her an offer she can't refuse.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

amazing how they can report all that bullshit and yet still acknowledge the interview she gave wherein she literally says it would be significantly tougher to debut in WWE over other places. It's like they invalidated their own "scoop" right at the end because I strongly doubt WWE would have ever let her do those other things.

I think it's possible they do, because clearly keeping her from AEW would hurt AEW, and that's the whole point of them signing people right now. So if they have to give her some concessions, I think they would.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

imagine working your entire career to get to a point of being a hot, recognizable solo act and struggling to come back from multiple injuries

to be doing weird tongue fetish stuff as a juggalo's sidekick.

But enough about Luna and the oddities

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

lmao Pacitti what the gently caress are you doing letting some nonsense like that slip through. Come on. You're not WrestleTalk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it's possible they do, because clearly keeping her from AEW would hurt AEW, and that's the whole point of them signing people right now. So if they have to give her some concessions, I think they would.

Read this as "give her some concussions" at first and didn't even blink.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Thunder Rosa has done a good job making herself the hottest free agent* in wrestling. I hope if she decides to ruin her career signing with wwe, she at least gets paid well for it.

*not actually a free agent but whatever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Reality Protester posted:

Thunder Rosa has done a good job making herself the hottest free agent* in wrestling. I hope if she decides to ruin her career signing with wwe, she at least gets paid well for it.

*not actually a free agent but whatever

she will win her freedom in a guitar duel with willy corgan

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1323733102741499904

is that good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes

but not for them no

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds bad

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Read this as "give her some concussions" at first and didn't even blink.

Exact same. Still expecting them to say "you don't want to work with WWE? Well... it's a shame so many of our friends do and accidents happen..."

If Dave came out and said that I would also not be surprised.

Alaois posted:

yes

but not for them no

Not nearly low enough. I'm hoping for sub 1mill for a stable normal viewer figure. A year of AEW beating them would make me smile. Their dedicated boomer base won't quit until their hearts do so I'm expecting that more in 5 years time.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 3, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t even watch RAW anymore that show sucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t even watch RAW anymore that show sucks

Same OP

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

is that good

:sickos:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lol at Raw drawing the roughly the same number of F12-34 as Bret Baier

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

is pepsi ok posted:

lol at Raw drawing the roughly the same number of F12-34 as Bret Baier

Still wonder how many actual people sit there and watch Raw. I'm betting a good portion of those numbers just have to be bars/pubs and resthomes just leaving the telly on. I know SA is just a small microcosm but only a handful of goons post in the WWE thread and most of those aren't really watching the shows. I know the reports of their boomer army are strong but I can't imagine that many old people getting excited about tuning in to "the WWF" as opposed to watching fox news or ncis. I swear, like a decade from now, it will come out that Vince was skewing the numbers somehow like undocumented migrant workers were chained to a warehouse and forced to watch wwe and pad their results. It will be something super carny and somehow fairly evil.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That video of Triple H mocking fans because they'll always keep watching every week just gets better and better as time passes :allears:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I mean it’s because of the election but lol nonetheless

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You are because of the election.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

It says right there that it's an all-time record. Sounds pretty good to me.

Seams posted:

I mean it’s because of the election but lol nonetheless

Um, the election is today, not Monday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nipponophile posted:

Um, the election is today, not Monday night.

I guess people could be watching the news instead of subjecting themselves to the mental torture that is RAW.

But then again the news is probably not going to be that much better on that front.