Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

site posted:

Yeah I bet the genius inventor with connections to at least 10 of the wealthiest people on the planet would have a hard time securing startup capital and patents for his work

I think you also can't underestimate the fact that Peter Parker has immense self-doubt and imposter syndrome about his intelligence. He doesn't think of himself as a genius, even though he is one. He thinks of himself as a schmuck just getting by.

Even when he was running Parker Industries, it was because Otto set up the company while he was using Peter's body and then Peter inherited it when he regained control. He'd never have had the confidence to think he could pull off being a Tony Stark type if Otto hadn't done it for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

Wouldn't ding Elon Musk's net worth.

Hell, elon stans would buy it after they heard it sucked people's brains out

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Throws pumpkin bombs at children and then accuses anyone that trys to save them of pedophilia.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Let's be honest here. Musk isn't Osborne or Stark.

He's Snowflame.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The big difference between Musk and Osborn is Osborn's glider didn't randomly explode if you look at it wrong like most of Elons stuff does.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Elon Musk doesn't even have a shred of the PR skills it took for Norman Osborne to go from notorious supervillain to president of the U.S.A.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

JordanKai posted:

Elon Musk doesn't even have a shred of the PR skills it took for Norman Osborne to go from notorious supervillain to president of the U.S.A.

Osborn didn't become President, he was appointed head of domestic security or whatever.

You know there's a bunch of needs who would love it if he was put in charge of NASA or Trump's Space Force or whatever.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Norman didn't even have a pr campaign he just showed up right at the end of the final battle of secret invasion and killed the skrull queen before anybody else could

Thanks Obama

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
He was president in Earth X!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

site posted:

Norman didn't even have a pr campaign he just showed up right at the end of the final battle of secret invasion and killed the skrull queen before anybody else could

Thanks Obama

Right, and all I'm saying is that Musk would never have the wherewithal to make use of such an opportunity.

He would probably sulk about Norman beating the Skrull Queen on Twitter instead. And maybe change his avatar to a picture of Bruce Banner.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

How Wonderful! posted:

He was president in Earth X!

And Earth-138!

Re: Musk, something I've never understood with all those Iron Man comparisons, is Musk actually a (technically) smart guy who can build things? Or is he just a rich guy who lOvEs ScIeNcE and pays people to build weird things?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He's more Cave Johnson than Tony Stark to tell the truth. Just a rich idiot with far nore money than sense.

https://youtu.be/IPG3eDTy-yo

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And Earth-138!

Re: Musk, something I've never understood with all those Iron Man comparisons, is Musk actually a (technically) smart guy who can build things? Or is he just a rich guy who lOvEs ScIeNcE and pays people to build weird things?

he's what if the I loving love science facebook page wished to be a real boy but also that real boy had inherited blood emerald money

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Karma Tornado posted:

he's what if the I loving love science facebook page wished to be a real boy but also that real boy had inherited blood emerald money

Yeah, Musk is more about hiring smart people and wanting them to invent flying cars or whatever while doing things like at the same time being deeply afraid we will make Syknet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And Earth-138!

he's the latter, but he roleplays as the former online and some people really eat that flimsy pretense up.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And Earth-138!

He's a young Justin Hammer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Red posted:

He's a young Justin Hammer.

Justin Hammer can at least dance, for some reason I can't imagine Elon Musk ever dancing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If Marvel Comics introduced a character who was rich from an inherited South African emerald mine, used that money to purchase a rocket company, gave himself the job title "founder" to make people think he had founded the rocket company, and off the back of that created a public persona for himself as a forward thinking brilliant scientist despite never actually inventing anything and frequently demonstrating himself to have genuinely sub-average intelligence, readers would say it was simply too absurd to be believable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gripweed posted:

If Marvel Comics introduced a character who was rich from an inherited South African emerald mine, used that money to purchase a rocket company, gave himself the job title "founder" to make people think he had founded the rocket company, and off the back of that created a public persona for himself as a forward thinking brilliant scientist despite never actually inventing anything and frequently demonstrating himself to have genuinely sub-average intelligence, readers would say it was simply too absurd to be believable.

This is the best summary of Musk I've ever seen, honestly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Marvel Universe Musk would be an Iron Man villain who frequently accidentally creates monsters and supervillains in misguided attempts to prove he's just as smart as Tony.

And then he'd call the superheroes who fix the problem pedophiles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is the best summary of Musk I've ever seen, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgMCNXzNtE

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well. That's certainly another reason not to ever watch that show.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

This isn't fair to Musk, you forgot to mention his horrible anti labor practices.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Funny thing about the guy saying that, he is not from our universe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Well. That's certainly another reason not to ever watch that show.
It's good though (other than that)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

Funny thing about the guy saying that, he is not from our universe

In his universe the Federation was only saved when a red convertible, whose speed had grown to relativistic levels over the centuries, plowed through the klingon fleet during a pivotal battle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In his universe the Federation was only saved when a red convertible, whose speed had grown to relativistic levels over the centuries, plowed through the klingon fleet during a pivotal battle.

It’s the mirror verse and everyone commits genocide

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Knull is the new Mantis.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Knull is the new Mantis.

not until he shows up in like Justice League named "Nul" and then in say X O Manowar but called "N'll"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Dawgstar posted:

Knull is the new Mantis.

Yeah I enjoyed the self contained murder mystery in this month's Guardians but then WHAM I got Knulled.

Similarly, not too keen on Morlun being involved in the current ASM plot.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Karma Tornado posted:

not until he shows up in like Justice League named "Nul" and then in say X O Manowar but called "N'll"

Knull-El

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

Nuh-L. Destroyed Krypton in the Earth-1 multiverse

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Yeah I enjoyed the self contained murder mystery in this month's Guardians but then WHAM I got Knulled.

Similarly, not too keen on Morlun being involved in the current ASM plot.

On the plus side on the ASM front, Morlun might get got by Sin-Eater. Also we're getting a Black Cat/Dr. Strange crossover out of it. I guess that explains why the Black Cat book went on hiatus...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also we're getting a Black Cat/Dr. Strange crossover out of it. I guess that explains why the Black Cat book went on hiatus...[/spoiler]

Like, as part of ASM or a new book?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

as part of Black Cat, I'm assuming

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

As part of ASM, presumably the .LR issues as a whole.

Kinda wish Vulpes was writing (or I guess co-writing), though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just read my X-Men comics and there's a King in Black checklist with new Black Cat 1 and 2 on it. Who is doing those and should I read them if I'm not planning on reading anything else on the checklist?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Yep, that's the new series starting off. #1-3 are the King in Black story, and then with #4 we get back to regularly scheduled Black Cat programming, returning to the previous series' story. I'm writing it, CF Villa's drawing #1-3, and we've got Pepe Larraz/Marte Gracia covers!

As far as knowing what's going on, Black Cat #1 lays it out pretty well (I think), but reading KIB #1 would be about all the extra reading you'd require to know what's happening.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Okay, I'll get it. Probably just read King in Black at the comic store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I probably say this every time a new issue comes out, but goddamn Elena Casagrande is killing it on Black Widow.