Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

This is Nala, she's a rescue lurcher from the local animal shelter that I adopted a week and a half ago, I'm pretty sure she's a greyhound/staffie mix of some kind. She's literally the most affectionate dog I've ever met, whip smart, and incredibly cuddly. I've already taught her a bunch of tricks and commands, and we're slowly working on her Isolation Anxiety so she can chill at home occasionally when I have to teach kids or go to a non dog-friendly event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Good lookin pup there bud

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
We added a new family member last Saturday.

He's a mystery dog. Found by animal control with who they think was his brother 4 weeks ago. Brother got adopted out 2 weeks ago. They think he's 2 years old from his teeth, but other than that - nothing. He appears house broken, but he's not leash trained.

There's Dachshund in him, but I have no idea what the other half is. We were thinking Jack Russel, but he's a slug. A few have suggested Corgi, but he's got longer legs than either a Weiner dog or a Corgi.

We will probably need a DNA test to figure out whether this is a Dorgi or a Jackshund.

Also, holy crap is it difficult to find a harness or collar that works with small, long dogs. He can get out of almost anything by just going in reverse no matter how tight I make the straps. He's like a little torpedo, there's nothing to snag on.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Finn experiencing snow for the first time! He’s lab, rottie, and ridgeback

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Anyone have a guess what this mutt might include? This is the only picture I've got.

Maybe some Pyrenees?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

If lurking on the Embark dog dna forums has taught me anything its that everything is part chow so I'm going to guess chow/golden/something/etc. Seriously like 70% of the dogs I see that are vaguely golden and fluffy are part chow.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Turn on your monitor.

In case it wasn't clear I love the toofs out look. Our old Redbone was like that.

Uldor
Feb 23, 2009

Gear... Fourth!

This is Ted, he's been with us since NYD 2018 and he is a big adorable lug. Rescue group he came from pulled him from an Oklahoma shelter that someone dumped him at because he has massive allergies and had lost most of his hair but he is doing so well now! Fiance did a DNA test (name escapes me) and is primarily (75%) Pit and the rest a mix but guessing Rottie from the coloring?

He is the best boy who does not know how big he is, until we got the beanbag chair his favorite hobby was scaling the couch to lay on top of me and thinking he is a tiny little guy

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

What a snuggly little nugget! I meed to get more pictures of my mom’s mutts. They have taken over the house with the whole empty nester situation.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Crossposting from another dog thread, since I just found this one. I thought I should at least once pay some dog tax.

Both of these rescued special needs Good Boys crossed the bridge some years ago, but while they were with us, they were the most loved dogs in the world.* I probably won't be able to get another dog for a while yet, but someday...

Apollo

He was probably a golden-sheltie mix, although he found toys to be very puzzling and alien objects. He had severe digestive issues from whatever his previous situation was. (The rescue didn't know for sure - he'd been brought in from a kill shelter a long way away.) He loved everybody at all times. He ran like the wind, and considered it his job to herd the cats. Oddly enough, the cats permitted this.

Scout

The rescue thought he was mostly Norwegian Elkhound, although our vet said "that's a keeshond." He had lung damage from untreated heartworm before the rescue got him. His personality was pure elkhound: loyal, loving, fiercely protective of his chosen person, would dive headfirst into any snowdrift he saw, and he danced in front of anything remotely elk-shaped (including bicycles).

*Every dog here is the most loved dog in the world, too.

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

This girl was dumped on my property. Sweetest girl ever. Any idea of the breed?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

meriruka posted:

This girl was dumped on my property. Sweetest girl ever. Any idea of the breed?

BoatDawg, clearly.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Hello this is bobby.

We rescued him from a remote community in the Northern Territory so we think at least part dingo given his markings and build. He has at least 3 brain cells.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tommunist posted:

Hello this is bobby.

We rescued him from a remote community in the Northern Territory so we think at least part dingo given his markings and build. He has at least 3 brain cells.

Rub his belly you loving monster.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Sorry sir

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Hi there! This is old boy Bruce, my first dog of my own:

His whole life we thought he was roughly 50/50 boxer & black lab, but we got his DNA tested 2 years ago and found out he's much more than that!

He's about to be 11 years old this month!

He's a big guy. 92lbs and around 5' tall if he were to stand on his hind legs, which he'll do for bubbles ... he loves bubbles:

Despite being so large, he once was smol:

About 3.5 years ago we got him a brother, Bane:

Bane is a staffy/boxer (75%/25%)

Just around 3 weeks ago we added one more to the pack, Boone:

We haven't got Boone's DNA done yet, but the rescue listed him as a Staffy/Lab-retriever.

Now they're one big happy pack family!

Bruce is the best grandbrother a puppy could ask for!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Those are some good dogs!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

thezanke posted:

Bruce is the best grandbrother a puppy could ask for!

ack :love:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Please meet Orion, which is short for Orion Seacrest Type

wavy gravy
Oct 23, 2009

Catfishenfuego posted:

This is Nala, she's a rescue lurcher from the local animal shelter that I adopted a week and a half ago, I'm pretty sure she's a greyhound/staffie mix of some kind. She's literally the most affectionate dog I've ever met, whip smart, and incredibly cuddly. I've already taught her a bunch of tricks and commands, and we're slowly working on her Isolation Anxiety so she can chill at home occasionally when I have to teach kids or go to a non dog-friendly event.

this dog is loving awesome.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Got some more Mutt Dogs (tm) after my poor old mutt doggo died and you know. quarantine times.

This here is BERT . He is 11 months old now we think, got him at the local shelter when he was roughly 4 months. He is a True Mutt's Mutt. His DNA test is a work of art. 1/4 of just throw your hands up, probably terrier who knows. As an earlier poster said, somehow also has chow in him. Who knows. BERT grew up at the dog park (only place can go safely for months) and loves nothing more than playing with gigantic dogs. I have a video of him playing with everything from a belgian malamute to a full grown newfie. A 200lb newfie. It was Big Fun because BERT could bite bite bite and the other dog was like wait what. BIIIG fun.

This here is Izzy. She's a year old they think when we got her from the local shelter. We've had her for a few months now. She's a more generic mutt doggo. She was dumped in the overnight bin and we've slowly been working on her fear of bigger dogs and things by going to the dog park. She still won't play with other dogs outside of BERT but she will at least now not run away yelping when they come up to sniff her. Progress!

Her and bert get along real well.

And this is my older lady Zora who I posted before. I finally got a DNA test on her and she's basically mini aussie shepard/jack russel... AND COYOTE. One of her great great grandparents was a coyote. Not super surprising, we got her from Western Nebraska and that's common ish out there. She's 12 and not sure why we got all annoying dogs around her, but she is Very Tired Of Most Of Their poo poo.

all three at the fuzz run

adaz fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 13, 2020

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Here's Annie. We adopted her from a rescue that brought her up here from Arizona when she was about 6 months old. She's 5 now. Papers said "lab mix", and I'm sure there is probably husky, shepherd, and 6 other things in there.

(she didn't use that doghouse once)

stratdax fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 4, 2020

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

stratdax posted:

(she didn't use that doghouse once)
Perfect splootin'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
meet rosie, we rescued her as a very young puppy from a shelter. her mom was a doberman and her dad was a bull mastiff, but she doesn't really look the part.

these three pics are oooold, like well over a decade old, of when she was a spry young thing who would regularly just casually leap over the 5-foot-tall fence in the back yard and go on romps around the neighborhood. Just a solid bundle of muscle she was, incredibly fast, able to jump up to shoulder height, and beds? more like shreds.

some photos I just took of her when I got home from work today, I don't know how she knew I was there, she's getting pretty hard of sight and hearing. but she could sense I wanted to take a picture of her sleeping and wouldn't have it, she wouldn't sit still for a good photo. the second one makes her look HUGE even though she's just a mere 50lb thing.

she's a highly energetic 18-year-old. just yesterday she went on one of her romps, running out of the big gap in the now-mostly-dismantled fence in the backyard that she has long lost interest in escaping from, and going on a wild adventure to...the front door. just to say she could, I suppose.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Fellow mutt owners, if you have ever wanted to see what makes up your mutt Embark testing is as low as they're going to get this year today (11/28): $135 for the breed + health, $97 for just the breed. If you have a petco with them in stock and do a curbside pickup they're an additional 25% off. My local ones only seem to have breed only but that brings those down to ~$73 which is bonkers cheap. They often have deals for adding on the health part later for ~$50 without needing to swab again so if you go the petco route you could get the breed and health testing for under $125.

Just sharing because I love seeing people's Embark reports and I have run out of friends and relatives to gift them to It really is fascinating to me how every mutt has some chow (except mine).

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

100% Good Boy

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
This is Sammy. She's now about a year old and we got her at about 8 weeks. Our old dog died after we had him for 17 years, and my wife said we would never get another. Two weeks later her comes Sammy.

Sammy is named for Sammy Davis Jr. The litter was named after the rat pack and the golden girls. Someone switched the collars on boy Sammy and girl Rose, and so when we went to get boy Sammy we got what should have been Rose as Sammy! When my wife got back with her we checked the pictures online and their blue eyes were switched

Anywhoodles, mom is a red bone coon hound and dad is a husky. A couple in the litter were full on husky looking, and the others were her color. She figured out how to bark about a month ago over doing the husky cry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
This is Kepler, our newly-adopted rescue mutt.

The vet estimated his age at 9-12 months and thinks he's probably a black lab and border collie mix. He's 57 pounds and may still have a little more growing to do, judging by his face and paws. One straight ear, one floppy ear.

We know nothing about his background before the rescue. He was found as a stray and was probably abandoned (not fixed, no ID or microchip, a little bit of food anxiety, and a lot of separation anxiety -- but very friendly and comfortable around humans).

The light/pink spots on his nose seem to be scar tissue rather than natural coloring. They're slightly raised and there's not as much hair there. We think he probably got into it with another dog or other animal at some point.

We'll probably get a DNA test done out of curiosity, but does anyone have any guesses what breeds might be in him?

Mr. Toodles posted:

This is Sammy. She's now about a year old and we got her at about 8 weeks. Our old dog died after we had him for 17 years, and my wife said we would never get another. Two weeks later her comes Sammy.

Sammy is named for Sammy Davis Jr. The litter was named after the rat pack and the golden girls. Someone switched the collars on boy Sammy and girl Rose, and so when we went to get boy Sammy we got what should have been Rose as Sammy! When my wife got back with her we checked the pictures online and their blue eyes were switched

Anywhoodles, mom is a red bone coon hound and dad is a husky. A couple in the litter were full on husky looking, and the others were her color. She figured out how to bark about a month ago over doing the husky cry.
That is a beautiful dog. But wow, a hound and a husky -- sounds like a handful!

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.
She's a terrorist. No toy lasts more than five minutes before being completely destroyed and even with multiple half chewed bones lying around she will go after socks, carpet, anything.

I love kepler's ears.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kepler looks like a Lab Collie or Lab Shepard.

His chest s a bit bulky so there might be some boxer in there too

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Brought home this adorable "South Texas Special" today. We've theorized some big mixture of red heeler, Australia cattle dog, lemon dalmatian, bull terrier, and/or shar pei. No idea really but she's a super sweet puppy.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I love her and her spots are perfect :3:

Red heeler is the same thing as an Australian cattle dog. My guess would be mostly pit or other bully breed with maybe some heeler. Chow is in everything as a rule but I could see pei instead. Dalmatian mixes really don’t come up very often at all.

She’s just great :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's an amazing mixed coat pattern result of whatever breeds she is, if nothing else!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Okay that explains why I've never heard of a red heeler until this dog.

The pei only got brought up because she kinda has some loose skin (I'm pretty sure it's just puppy skin) but she also has really short, sharp hair that apparently gave the foster mom and vet tech mild skin irritation once and I guess that means shar pei which is a thing I've never heard of but whatever.

She's a sweetheart, just gotta work on her and the cats not being equally shocked and alarmed by the presence of the other

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Hi thread, here's my dog. I wish I could be more like him.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Zisky posted:

Hi thread, here's my dog. I wish I could be more like him.

I also want to be a fat dingo.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

fuzzy_logic fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 4, 2023

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Here's my rear end in a top hat

Hes at least half corgi and we think the other half is some sort of terrier. My parents saw the non corgi parent and just described it as "some black dog". Hes a bit more normal proportioned then a corgi, a little taller and less long, and his ears never stood up like corgis are supposed to. He looks fat in some of these pics but he's a slim 29 pounds currently.

He was a terror as a puppy but once he hit 2 or 3 and my parents actually started walking him more he mellowed out. Hes gonna be 11 this year and he lives with them on an acre in the countryside in their retirement. He doesn't get along with other dogs on their property (his territory) but will gladly go thru the neighbors doggy door and eat the neighbors dogs food and hang out with their dog inside their house. He likes to follow you around to keep an eye on you and beg for beer.

Hes suspicious of a lot of men because my nephew used to harass him, but he loves me and will let me mess with him however I want. My favorite part of visiting hom is his schedule for waking me up. As soon as its light out he comes and jumps in the bed and tries to wake my gf and I up for a few minutes, poking us with his nose and staring, and then eventually gives up and goes to sleep. Then a few hours later when he hears my dad stirring he goes out and barks at his door till he comes out and feeds him, then goes outside to pee, then comes back and tries to wake us up again and fails and falls asleep again

titty_baby_ fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 24, 2021

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Krispy Wafer posted:

We added a new family member last Saturday.

This is the most generic, stock photo-lookin' dog I have ever seen. Adorable AF but I am in awe of how much of a textbook definition nondescript generated by AI default "dog" that dog is. That dog's breed is just Dog. drat. the doggiest dog that ever dogged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Pasketti posted:

This is the most generic, stock photo-lookin' dog I have ever seen. Adorable AF but I am in awe of how much of a textbook definition nondescript generated by AI default "dog" that dog is. That dog's breed is just Dog. drat. the doggiest dog that ever dogged.

Wow, that is a dog, for sure. Maybe some beagle and terrier?

Are you going to DNA test at some point?