Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dracky posted:

I'm looking for a blue rose, or a really foolproof guide to breeding one because I've had no luck so far lol

i've been working with the asteriation method, i'm on the final 2 steps and will post here again if and when i finally get the drat things. i'll prolly also make a blue rose nursery once i have some and just start giving them out to people because this poo poo is fuckin ridiculous.

anyway i'ma head over and check your place out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

dracky posted:

I'm looking for a blue rose, or a really foolproof guide to breeding one because I've had no luck so far lol

I won’t be on again for the rest of the night but I have good few blue roses and can drop a couple over to you tomorrow sometime.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I won’t be on again for the rest of the night but I have good few blue roses and can drop a couple over to you tomorrow sometime.

That would be awesome, thanks! I'll be back again tomorrow evening when I get off work

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
We moved across the country recently, and my girlfriend left behind a 9 year old niece she's very fond of. They got to spend time tonight on each other's islands, and we gave her a bunch of stuff she was excited to see on our island. It was raining on her island, and she insisted on giving my girlfriend an umbrella. In short, this game is great.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

dracky posted:

That would be awesome, thanks! I'll be back again tomorrow evening when I get off work

I've also got quite a few blue roses incase you want some. I'm playing right now but I can also swing by tomorrow

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Lucky is wearing the beige flannel shirt I gave him for his birthday and he looks so cute in it :3: my heart can't take this game. I'm beginning to stockpile clothes to gift my permanent villagers.

Also got a purple rose. I think that's almost all the hybrids that don't require active breeding now. Apart from tulips.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My whole house is just wrapped gifts, color-coded by villager.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island now has every single furniture set complete and out, just waiting for you to come and touch it all for your cataloging needs.

I have painstakingly organized the island and, for your convenience, made a Google Docs map key with every set's location.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11OYnY0X1kRaTXSF24jtZZ0pPwRFJn4TYUN6u-ksMNaU/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you find any mistakes! Please drop items in the section they came from, thank you!

I'll be sharing Dodo codes here for the weekend to give you helpful goons first crack before I start sharing with the Discord and then beyond. Thank you to everyone who helped me get to this point! I'm so excited to share the love and the wealth.

Have fun, take your time, say hi, leave a message on the bulletin board, and don't forget that the southern beaches are FULL of DIY recipe cards!

EDIT: ALL DONE!

Metaline fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 6, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Metal one, I'm sorry I had to run off without leaving a message, but thank you for all your hard work!

E: typo but I'm keeping it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
kyle told me he doesnt know much about Smoking weed but i don't think i believe him

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Metal one, I'm sorry I had to run off without leaving a message, but thank you for all your hard work!

E: typo but I'm keeping it

Ha, I love it! That was my sister-in-law's first time on my island with goons around. Everyone was so nice and it gave me happy warm insides!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Finally got photos from three villagers in two days, working on the rest now.

Marcel showed up uninvited. We don’t like him, and wanted to get rid of him. And then suddenly he was walking around in a Black Lives Matter shirt. Now we’re conflicted.

EDIT: We had turnips at 523 this morning and I wanted to put the Dodo code in here, but my spouse put it in her Facebook group instead and we were inundated. We did make $300,000+ and a bunch of mushrooms from appreciative folks, so that’s nice.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 6, 2020

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018

J-Spot posted:

I’ve had pretty good luck with fish and bug collection. Sea creatures can rot in hell though. I’ve probably accumulated 3 hours searching for a red king crab. I’m not convinced they exist.

I chased it for about 15 min before I backed it into a corner, but can confirm existence. Those little buggers are FAST.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I’m still trying for the sea pig. Not looking forward to that one

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
got a big rear end meteor shower with celeste lurking about. would very much appreciate blue roses, gonna afk mostly

code -

PotU fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 7, 2020

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I’m still trying for the sea pig. Not looking forward to that one

That one was also a nightmarish journey of endless swimming and patience/luck. Godspeed to you.

Farten Barfen
Dec 30, 2018

PotU posted:

got a big rear end meteor shower with celeste lurking about. would very much appreciate blue roses, gonna afk mostly

code 5R4SS

Awesome, I got the lunar rover diy! I dropped 5 blue roses around the stump that you(?) are sitting on.

Thanks!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

PotU posted:

code 5R4SS
Thanks for opening up, I love your island!

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Only took 8 months but I finally have shooting stars. Celeste is trapped on the north part of the island. Just follow the road. L86SG.

Closed.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 7, 2020

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Does anyone want a real Flowery Painting? Redd is currently on my island and its up for grabs.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zuzie posted:

Does anyone want a real Flowery Painting? Redd is currently on my island and its up for grabs.

h*ck yeah, tossed you a friend request

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 7, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Turnips are going for 196 on Mau-Mau, so if you need to sell, stop on by.

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Not much else going on. Buy what you want at Nooks, etc.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 7, 2020

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

h*ck yeah, tossed you a friend request

Received and as soon as I've opened you've shown up!

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 7, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zuzie posted:

Received and as soon as I've opened you've shown up!

was already in the airport having just come back from another island lmao

i'll keep you in mind next time redd comes around with real paintings i don't need/can't buy~

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

was already in the airport having just come back from another island lmao

i'll keep you in mind next time redd comes around with real paintings i don't need/can't buy~

I've already filled my museum but thank you for the offer!

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Opening up again tonight, I still have a bunch of DIY and I also put out a bunch of furniture and a few other items in front of the airport that are free to take. Come on down

Dodo Code closed

dracky fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 7, 2020

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

DogoDogo posted:

I chased it for about 15 min before I backed it into a corner, but can confirm existence. Those little buggers are FAST.

Tip for the super fast swimmers: if you just dogpaddle really slowly with the stick and don't press buttons to actually swim, you can creep along until you're right above where the bubbles reach the surface and they won't be triggered to run away from you. Then when you dive you either grab them straight away or only need to swim a couple strokes to grab them before they have time to accelerate.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

You can also corner them against the border nets.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My sweet himbo Rory is in boxes! I'll open up if anyone wants him.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Opening up today for my boy Bams birthday, code is in the pgs thread!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Found a bamboo island. Removed all the bamboo and all the rocks and weeds. Plucked all the flowers. Running in circles chasing away wharf roaches and hermit crabs and occasionally herding crickets into the sea.

So far not a single spider.

I'm working on the principle that complaining about it will make the universe want to prove me wrong and make me look stupid.

edit: I have now dropped items all over the rocks to block wharf roach spawns. It doesn't seem to have affected the very low spawn rates. Beginning to think I might have wasted my time.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 7, 2020

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Black Robe posted:

Found a bamboo island. Removed all the bamboo and all the rocks and weeds. Plucked all the flowers. Running in circles chasing away wharf roaches and hermit crabs and occasionally herding crickets into the sea.

So far not a single spider.

I'm working on the principle that complaining about it will make the universe want to prove me wrong and make me look stupid.

edit: I have now dropped items all over the rocks to block wharf roach spawns. It doesn't seem to have affected the very low spawn rates. Beginning to think I might have wasted my time.

Did you visit the island after 7 pm? Or did you visit it before 7pm and allow it to tick over? Because, if the latter, you're wasting your time: spawns are set when you set sail.

Edit: to be clear, tarantulas do not spawn until after 7pm.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Prowler posted:

Did you visit the island after 7 pm? Or did you visit it before 7pm and allow it to tick over? Because, if the latter, you're wasting your time: spawns are set when you set sail.

Edit: to be clear, tarantulas do not spawn until after 7pm.

It was after 8pm my time.

Finally got one to spawn. This is not a very efficient use of my time but at least it is working.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It sucks now that Mole Crickets are back too.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poque posted:

It sucks now that Mole Crickets are back too.

...damnit.

I didn't have the sound on because I was watching TV.

Hey guys guess what was buggering up the spawn rate :downs:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Is there a trick to getting mushroom recipies. I've dug up plenty but only have 2 recipes to use them on

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Is there a trick to getting mushroom recipies. I've dug up plenty but only have 2 recipes to use them on

Balloons mostly, sometimes your villagers crafting.

Also gently caress mole crickets :mad: I give up. Do they still spawn on tarantula islands?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Shoot down balloons. The villagers don't craft these as regularly, if at all, so find a nice cozy spot on your island where the balloons like to spawn. Personally I like to be near town hall or another obstacle where the balloon has to reroute into my path. And just idle, and listen to a pawdcast or something

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Poo Island is open for the evening crowd and now has every single furniture set complete and out, just waiting for you to come and touch it all for your cataloging needs.

I have painstakingly organized the island and, for your convenience, made a Google Docs map key with every set's location.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11OYnY0X1kRaTXSF24jtZZ0pPwRFJn4TYUN6u-ksMNaU/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you find any mistakes! Please drop items in the section they came from, thank you!

Have fun, take your time, say hi, leave a message on the bulletin board, and don't forget that the southern beaches are FULL of DIY recipe cards!

I'll be AFK on and off, so apologies if I'm not around to say hello!

Dodo code is in the PGS thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Metaline posted:

Dodo code is in the PGS thread!

nm, answered my own question

Pierce fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 8, 2020