Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

TCD posted:

What... why is voting for the less lovely person a good thing?

Because "no-one" is not an option? One of them is going to be president either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
OH poo poo

THEY GOT TO RUSH

https://twitter.com/stevethomma/status/1324761733303541760?s=19

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Xakura posted:

Because "no-one" is not an option? One of them is going to be president either way.

Yeah - that's the point.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I just realized the best way to break the news to Trump. Somebody needs to play for him and old clip of him on The Apprentice saying "You're fired!"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

TCD posted:

Yeah - that's the point.

Harm reduction matters.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Sooooo, when is AP calling it?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't comprehend why voting for the lesser of two evils is a bad thing.

Are you being willfully dense, or just provoking?

Because I'm still voting for evil, you dipshit. Because it isn't affecting change. It's stopping the bleeding, not fixing poo poo. It's endorsing the current system, and rewarding a group of loving assholes who don't give a gently caress about the average person.

Do you really not get why I wouldn't want an old man suffering through dementia with sexual assault allegations in office? Just because he isn't orange doesn't mean he's good. It just means he's less bad. And voting for evil will always beget more evil.

Is this your first election or something?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Y'all, please. Let's not do this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Well that didn’t take long to come out.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

Because I'm still voting for evil, you dipshit. Because it isn't affecting change. It's stopping the bleeding, not fixing poo poo. It's endorsing the current system, and rewarding a group of loving assholes who don't give a gently caress about the average person.

Do you really not get why I wouldn't want an old man suffering through dementia with sexual assault allegations in office? Just because he isn't orange doesn't mean he's good. It just means he's less bad. And voting for evil will always beget more evil.

You're voting in a first past the post, winner take all system. The least bad viable candidate is the best you're going to do, there's no need to take it personally. Vote for and campaign for your preferred candidate in the primaries, and then vote for the clearly less terrible party in the general election with a clear conscience.

E: And in the meantime advocate for a ranked voting system that provides for proportional representation.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 6, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RNC chair is on TV lying about hearsay voter fraud again

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

As Nero Danced posted:

I just realized the best way to break the news to Trump. Somebody needs to play for him and old clip of him on The Apprentice saying "You're fired!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crmvHJpCkfM

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

I think Southpark covered this already.

You don't live in a system that allows or tolerates a 3rd party candidate, and you are actively making things worse by pretending a protest vote or even not voting at all is somehow noble.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

You don't live in a system that allows or tolerates a 3rd party candidate, and you are actively making things worse by pretending a protest vote or even not voting at all is somehow noble.

Where did I say it was?

I made my statement. I don't really give a gently caress about your opinion on who I voted for or why.

Biden is a lovely person. We need to stop rewarding the system for nominating lovely people. Not sure why that is hard to get. Playing the game prolongs the game. If it weren't for my daughter, I would have voted for who best aligned with my views and hopes for America. And that ain't loving Biden.

I love the justification. "You have to vote for evil or your vote doesn't count!" gently caress that. I'd rather my vote not loving count than do another thing for my country that makes me feel like poo poo inside.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

You may not know if he is dense or provoking, but calling someone a dipshit is definitely provoking.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Where did I say it was?

I made my statement. I don't really give a gently caress about your opinion on who I voted for or why.

Biden is a lovely person. We need to stop rewarding the system for nominating lovely people. Not sure why that is hard to get. Playing the game prolongs the game. If it weren't for my daughter, I would have voted for who best aligned with my views and hopes for America. And that ain't loving Biden.

I love the justification. "You have to vote for evil or your vote doesn't count!" gently caress that. I'd rather my vote not loving count than do another thing for my country that makes me feel like poo poo inside.

The primaries are the place for that. The Presidential election is the wrong time to be pretending your saving anyone by not holding your nose and voting for the turd burger over the poo poo sandwich, which has been the choice since time began.

Given the margins we are down to: I do give a gently caress that you refused to participate in this, and the sooner we require you to vote by law, the better.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Biden isn’t even officially president-elect yet and already we’ve got the Lib-brained “you’re not allowed to wish things were better” lecturing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1324771792926449665?s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Rush Limbaugh called it. It's over.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Today is like the best day in a long long time. Everything is coming up milhouse.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

Biden isn’t even officially president-elect yet and already we’ve got the Lib-brained “you’re not allowed to wish things were better” lecturing.

We all wish it were better. But its not going to be better if Trump had won because a bunch of people protest voted, and we are down to near those sort of margins.

The idea that I LIKE Biden/Harris is laughable.

The change that needs to be done is at the state/party level.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

When people say they wouldn’t vote for Biden, all I hear is either 1) Trump let’s me be hateful or 2) things aren’t that bad for me

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just got an answer, basically:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1324774892076630017?s=19

My guess is that the major players are looking for any surprises in the Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) ballots that got hosed up in the mail (wrong ballot type sent). Arizona is still taking too long, Nevada's on the doorstep of a call, and Georgia's so loving close that it's a mandatory recount.

Probably by the end of the day once PA drops more votes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm gonna slap a Biden bumper sticker on this cross

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lmfao

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Kill Me, Senpai!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/oonagoodinsmith/status/1324764036676886530?s=21

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

The next four years are going to be a new, special kind of hell.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The Vietnam documentary is pretty good but starts from a flawed premise about the legitimacy of the Republic of Vietnam, doesn't speak much to the common brutality faced by the Vietnamese people, and undersells the war crimes perpetrated by Americans, especially by focusing so much on My Lai when it was in no way an aberration or out of the normal for operations in Vietnam. I think my biggest problem with it is that it's probably one of the more watchable documentary series about Vietnam but it misses the mark quite a bit imho

This is pretty much what I heard about the Vietnam documentary, which is too bad because the little of it I watched at the beginning seemed good.

Gettysburg does have problems but I thought the parts with Chamberlain were really great. (including, of course, BAYONETS!!!!!!!!!)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CommieGIR posted:

The primaries are the place for that. The Presidential election is the wrong time to be pretending your saving anyone by not holding your nose and voting for the turd burger over the poo poo sandwich, which has been the choice since time began.

Given the margins we are down to: I do give a gently caress that you refused to participate in this, and the sooner we require you to vote by law, the better.

He said he did vote for Biden, specifically because of his daughter.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Rush Limbaugh called it. It's over.

Lee Corso-like: Not so fast

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1324768351923699714?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

The next four years are going to be a new, special kind of hell.

loving BLM members held their nose and voted for Biden/Harris, a friend of segregationists and a cop.

Tell me more about how your refusal to vote for them makes you a saint.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

He said he did vote for Biden, specifically because of his daughter.

Good!

bulletsponge13 posted:

And gently caress off with mandatory voting. Part of system is choice to not participate. You don't have to like it, but just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should be forced to.

Lack of participation is part of why we're in the mess. And while I didn't scroll far enough back to see your post about voting for Biden, which is my bad, we still had pretty lovely overall participation.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Reading comp is hard, I guess. I did participate. I didn't and don't like it.

And no, it's not. You speak with your vote in out democratic process. You are also assuming I can participate in Primaries, which I can't in my State. Even if I could/did, I can still make my choices about poo poo on Rye or Wheat, because those aren't the only two options. Just because they are the only two you consider, doesn't mean that is the rules of the game.

And gently caress off with mandatory voting. Part of system is choice to not participate. You don't have to like it, but just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should be forced to.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

loving BLM members held their nose and voted for Biden/Harris, a friend of segregationists and a cop.

I voted for Biden so gently caress off with this.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

he literally voted for biden, he's just worried about the negative impacts of four more years of a dem president doing gently caress all other than maintaining the status quo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bulletsponge13 posted:

Reading comp is hard, I guess. I did participate. I didn't and don't like it.

And no, it's not. You speak with your vote in out democratic process. You are also assuming I can participate in Primaries, which I can't in my State. Even if I could/did, I can still make my choices about poo poo on Rye or Wheat, because those aren't the only two options. Just because they are the only two you consider, doesn't mean that is the rules of the game.

I fully apologize for missing the post where you said you did vote.

But actually: Until we get rid of First Past The Post and the Electoral College: It is the rules of the game. Its a lovely game. But its the rules. These are the rules we have to change. And to do that: We need participation. A LOT of it. We all agree with you: The rules need to change, and we need better choices for public office. But we cannot do that if you don't participate.

PookBear posted:

he literally voted for biden, he's just worried about the negative impacts of four more years of a dem president doing gently caress all other than maintaining the status quo.

The status quo literally wanted to, basically, kill people.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 6, 2020

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

lol

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

bulletsponge13 posted:

just do what Nevada does

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hey, fuckheads, biden loving won today. Stop, take a moment, and celebrate. This is not a time for fighting. Trump loving lost. He will be gone. Yes, work must be done to fix how hosed up everything is, and there may not be a way to really get it done. Biden is going to be far less than perfect, but Trump loving lost today and will no longer be president in three months. Soak it in and enjoy something for a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump lost motherfucking Georgia.

GEORGIA