Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Just checking in to see how that Big E singles push is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JT Smiley posted:

Just checking in to see how that Big E singles push is going.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/11/7/21553798/rumor-roundup-nov-7-2020-roman-reigns-plans-wwe-title-changes-big-e-chad-gable

quote:

It was noted in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Big E and Chad Gable missing SmackDown this past week was because creative just didn’t have anything for them.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WWE is in full 'reward the lifers' mode. From here on out loyalty is the sole metric of the worth of a superstar. Maybe their example trickle down to those who might have doubts about the value of sycophantry.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I really wish Roman Reigns would gently caress off again. Even though I don't watch this poo poo Big E is never getting close to the top as long as he's around.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loving lol

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m not right but sometimes I just wonder if these things happen because they know they got you for 5 more years anyway.

It just crossed my mind because the MONTH before Gulak’s contract was set to expire, he was being featured and killing it with Daniel Bryan.

Then he signed his 5 years and welp, he’s back in catering.

Clearly this doesn’t check out at all, but I’m sure that when Big E’s contract is near expiration, creative will have something for him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy loving poo poo.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

TheKingslayer posted:

I really wish Roman Reigns would gently caress off again. Even though I don't watch this poo poo Big E is never getting close to the top as long as he's around.

I'm pretty sure this has little to do with Reigns and a lot more to do with the fact that WWE couldn't book a top babyface to save their lives.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
To be fair, it can be hard to shoehorn a wrestler into a wrestling show.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

New Day podcast had R-Truth this week and it was a delightful listen. dude is extremely goofy (like, honestly, he went some WEIRD places) before suddenly getting serious about how he got his start.

And the first bit was, again, Big E doing a brief rant on how he no longer has a surname and is still very mad about it!

I don’t watch the product, but the podcast is great and I’ll generally keep up with it. they’re just too drat charming.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

ICR posted:

Im not right but sometimes I just wonder if these things happen because they know they got you for 5 more years anyway.

It just crossed my mind because the MONTH before Gulaks contract was set to expire, he was being featured and killing it with Daniel Bryan.

Then he signed his 5 years and welp, hes back in catering.

ummm excuse me, Drew Gulak is the current 24/7 champ (after he/truth both got destroyed by Lashley who then just dumped Gulak on top of a R-Deadl, unless the title has changed in like the past 2 weeks (probably), and before that he was always part of the 24/7 7/11 I94 Europeon World title chase (except during official 24/7 titles, when it''s a non title match!)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 7, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hours of TV every week between RAW and Smackdown and both these statements are somehow true:

They don't know how to fill time so they throw the 24/7 guys out there for inconsequential skits that can eat up a whole segment, sometimes 2 or 3 times a night
They just don't have enough time on TV to book guys like Chad Gable, or Big E, or WWE RAW Women's Champion Asuka

:shrug:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ICR posted:

I’m not right but sometimes I just wonder if these things happen because they know they got you for 5 more years anyway.

It just crossed my mind because the MONTH before Gulak’s contract was set to expire, he was being featured and killing it with Daniel Bryan.

Then he signed his 5 years and welp, he’s back in catering.

Clearly this doesn’t check out at all, but I’m sure that when Big E’s contract is near expiration, creative will have something for him.

no, this is entirely the case -- if someone's potentially going to leave they either toss them a belt and insist to them that Things Will Be Better Soon or if they seem like their minds are made up instead they start to try to ruin their options elsewhere like they did with FTR and make the rest of their time in WWE miserable

i'd be surprised if the reason sami zayn is on TV right now wasn't because his contract is running out, for example

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I wonder how much Vince is kicking himself for not calling New Day's bluff earlier.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah he could have had Big E sit in catering for years!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TheKingslayer posted:

Did you ever think he was anyway?

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010
If Vince saw anything in Big E New Day wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1324899417779019776?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bad Gandalf posted:

If Vince saw anything in Big E New Day wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

Sad but true

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Trump is the first WWE hall of famer to lose a presidential election.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

fatherofmustard posted:

Didn't The Body run independent on time?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Fuckboy is out

Edit: Whoops wrong thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

:sad:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Linda McMahon will become the first zombie to lose a government job

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vince will be pitching to Donald to come on Raw and address the nation

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Live in the THUNDERDOME!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Maxwell Lord posted:

Linda McMahon will become the first zombie to lose a government job

hooray

slapjack

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Loser leaves town match

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

fatherofmustard posted:

https://twitter.com/Fgbrisco/status/1324479458548445184

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dangerous Person posted:

Fuckboy is out

Edit: Whoops wrong thread

Every thread is the right thread for those news.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince finally got his win back

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Plz don't probe me for full gear than you jru

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The McMahons failed miserably to win a senate seat, and rebounded by trying to glom onto Barack Obama for a second attempt at which they failed even more miserably, and then Linda McMahon was put in charge of the SBA, failed to accomplish anything worthwhile and ultimately chose to leave to run Trump's superpac and ensure his campaign's financial future and re-election, and then the campaign went broke and they lost the election.

The McMahon family legacy of miserable failure.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm giving you a pass just for full gear

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Looks like they worked themselves into a shoot like a bunch of marks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

CarlCX posted:

The McMahons failed miserably to win a senate seat, and rebounded by trying to glom onto Barack Obama for a second attempt at which they failed even more miserably, and then Linda McMahon was put in charge of the SBA, failed to accomplish anything worthwhile and ultimately chose to leave to run Trump's superpac and ensure his campaign's financial future and re-election, and then the campaign went broke and they lost the election.

The McMahon family legacy of miserable failure.

I wonder if they'll include that in the Netflix doc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress :lol:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

STAC Goat posted:

I wonder if they'll include that in the Netflix doc.

They'll make brief mention of Linda "dabbling in politics" before leading the company in her triumphant return to higher profits and ratings than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't think you need to worry about that