Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Okay I think I queued everyone that requested one so far. If you end up doin' posts tomorrow and your tag still isn't there send me a PM or post in here again that I'm a boob and missed it. Thanks everyone.

edit: also if I somehow botched your tags and you want them adjusted let me know too

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you want it, please quote this post and say "tag me please" so I can search for the posts in case a bunch of people want it.

Tag me please!

edit - Thank you!

Rack fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 30, 2020

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry it took so long to get it done, but the amazing tag Korean Boomhauer made is finally available. You can see it on their posts soon, probably.

If you want it, please quote this post and say "tag me please" so I can search for the posts in case a bunch of people want it. I'm only going to give out a handful every day just so I don't clog up the admin queue, since they're being nice enough to let me hand it out for free. Also if it's been a few days and you haven't gotten a tag you requested, feel free to PM me because I probably just got distracted halfway through doing them or something.

There is a somewhat flexible, ask me and I'll see what we can do if you really like your tags general 2-tag limit, so if you're already at 2, please consider which one you would like to drop or consider asking for a marquee scroll on your tags, for an example please click Relax or DIE's profile. Ignore the fact that Relax somehow decided to stack 2 marquees at the same time.

Now...I gotta reinstall Splatoon 2 because I really enjoyed it when I was playing it way back when. Thanks for the reminder!

Tag me please. (and thank you)

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

You got your rhythm goin' now?
Can anyone recommend videos or streams that might help to convince someone to play splatoon2? I want to get my lil bro to play with me and my friends- he is already pretty into platform fighters, mobas, and some FPS so he is not new to competitive gaming or anything but he is very interested by the motion controls.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Dr. Shithead posted:

Can anyone recommend videos or streams that might help to convince someone to play splatoon2? I want to get my lil bro to play with me and my friends- he is already pretty into platform fighters, mobas, and some FPS so he is not new to competitive gaming or anything but he is very interested by the motion controls.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatSrb2DUDE
https://twitch.tv/thatsrb2dude

Specifically:

https://youtu.be/c0ep2tJk8f0

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Dr. Shithead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RMN7CMJbtI

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sorry it took so long to get it done, but the amazing tag Korean Boomhauer made is finally available. You can see it on their posts soon, probably.

If you want it, please quote this post and say "tag me please" so I can search for the posts in case a bunch of people want it. I'm only going to give out a handful every day just so I don't clog up the admin queue, since they're being nice enough to let me hand it out for free. Also if it's been a few days and you haven't gotten a tag you requested, feel free to PM me because I probably just got distracted halfway through doing them or something.

There is a somewhat flexible, ask me and I'll see what we can do if you really like your tags general 2-tag limit, so if you're already at 2, please consider which one you would like to drop or consider asking for a marquee scroll on your tags, for an example please click Relax or DIE's profile. Ignore the fact that Relax somehow decided to stack 2 marquees at the same time.

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop:

Now...I gotta reinstall Splatoon 2 because I really enjoyed it when I was playing it way back when. Thanks for the reminder!

Ohhhhhhh yes please.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

https://twitter.com/slogsdon/status/1312250062152507394

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

To give context to this clip, my 4 year old niece took the wheel for that round, and Spraylan was being designated nice guy by going easy on her.

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

Crawfish posted:

To give context to this clip, my 4 year old niece took the wheel for that round, and Spraylan was being designated nice guy by going easy on her.

Thanks, I literally had no idea what was going on.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Crawfish posted:

:3:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Crawfish posted:

That's not true I'm just very bad at Splatoon.

https://twitter.com/SpraylanS/status/1312251874339250178?s=19

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1314369992909975552

Splatoween is coming, and that also means you get a second chance to get all those themed gears. Check the Switch's news feed for deets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Glad they’re doing that one again. It was the funnest one.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Aw, probably too late to get in on this tag, let alone have it do that new marquee scroll thing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:ghost: Post-Splatocalypse schedules: Splatoween redux :ghost:

• US October 30th 15:00 PT – November 1st 14:00 PT
  • EU October 30th 23:00 CET – November 1st 23:00 CET
  • JP October 31th 7:00 JT – November 2nd 7:00 JT
  • AU/NZ October 31th AET – November 2nd 9:00 AET

It's that season again, where we ignore the kids with their tricks ringing our doorbells to play some more Splatoon.

If you haven't picked these yet, you can get them by checking the appropriate news item in your Switch news feed.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Oct 27, 2020

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you want to trying doing Splatfest with a team, be sure to join the discord!

Dr. Shithead
Jun 27, 2008

Is anyone else getting really long wait times to fill up matches in turf war?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had to go with team trick on this one, I love the screams of children too much not to.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

tag me please

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This is the first Splatfest I missed.:(

I blame you guys by not reminding me with new posts in the thread during it.:argh:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is the first Splatfest I missed.:(

I blame you guys by not reminding me with new posts in the thread during it.:argh:

Hey I posted it in the Switch thread! :( Although this was the least fun splatfest. Can’t remember the name of the map but the one where there’s a center platform surrounded by rails and whoever gets there first wins the map. It was frustrating! Also went almost 10 losses in a row at one point.

I did discover the kensa 52 gal though so not all was lost.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I stopped following the Switch thread since all the complaining is starting to get on my nerves.

That’s a shame. I hope they do a rematch for the winter themed one.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You really didn't miss anything this time. The player base is thinned out so bad I kept getting really awful teams. Like 3 people under level 50 VS a team who all have stars next to their level. It was exceptionally frustrating.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I had fun. But then again I live in Asia so I get matched with Japanese players the majority of the time and despite having a star next to my level as well, I usually am the one getting wrecked.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

You really didn't miss anything this time. The player base is thinned out so bad I kept getting really awful teams. Like 3 people under level 50 VS a team who all have stars next to their level. It was exceptionally frustrating.

I'm on the US west coast and I felt like the majority of my games were with Japanese players. It was rough since on average it seems like they're more into the game.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Social Animal posted:

the one where there’s a center platform surrounded by rails and whoever gets there first wins the map.

Suddenly I don't feel bad about deciding to spend my saturday snoozing instead. That was one of the worst designed maps I think I've ever seen.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Social Animal posted:

Hey I posted it in the Switch thread! :( Although this was the least fun splatfest. Can’t remember the name of the map but the one where there’s a center platform surrounded by rails and whoever gets there first wins the map. It was frustrating! Also went almost 10 losses in a row at one point.

I did discover the kensa 52 gal though so not all was lost.

Shifty Station, ver. Railway Chillin', and yeah it's not great. Map's not great but the fest was still fun for me at least. It's nice when you can team up with you can actually talk to like from the discord here.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Oh yeah and that map was very bad too.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

LethalGeek posted:

Oh yeah and that map was very bad too.

It was one of those stages that grow on you the more you play it. Confusing at first, but at the final stretch you're running rails around your opponents. They also apparently fixed the one issue with the map with framerate dips, so it was a smoother experience.

As far as the playerbase goes, the game is - what - three years old now. Some people have definitely moved on, and even I've been trying other games in the meantime. Still, my splatfest experience showed that there was no draught of players, but then again I was playing on the european side.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I stopped following the Switch thread since all the complaining is starting to get on my nerves.

That’s a shame. I hope they do a rematch for the winter themed one.

Maybe, maybe not. But they've already announced that next year will feature a new and originally themed Splatfest.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope they go all out for that Mario splatfest and decorate the plaza. Some new Mario gear would be cool too.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

One thing I like about splatfest as a casual player is the t shirt you get. I feel like it breaks up everyone’s builds like not a lot of min max stuff going on especially with mpu. In my experience anyways.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Social Animal posted:

I'm on the US west coast and I felt like the majority of my games were with Japanese players. It was rough since on average it seems like they're more into the game.

That is a bit of a surprise as I am too and I didn't see the usual batch of Japanese names this time. Lots of NA matches that were a teeth grind instead.

It is crazy that my ping to Japan is about 125ms while the US east coast is 100ms. That doesn't seem right but :capitalism:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TannithArt/status/1324889544089612288?s=20

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

haha just coming to post that lmao

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1331828082588598272?s=21
Absurdly good price for this right now. Gift it to your buddies that are on the fence.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1331828082588598272?s=21
Absurdly good price for this right now. Gift it to your buddies that are on the fence.

I've been wanting to grab digital splatoon forever, how long does this one last?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I've been wanting to grab digital splatoon forever, how long does this one last?

Probably until Friday so I’d get on it.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Dumb question but if I own a physical copy and I buy digital how does it work? It keeps the save file?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Social Animal posted:

Dumb question but if I own a physical copy and I buy digital how does it work? It keeps the save file?

Switch games all have their save files on the system itself, so physical/digital shouldn't matter at all (I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MawsBait
Jun 14, 2020

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop

Tag me please!