Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

think of it this way. it’s currently at 100%

well cant get better than that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fart simpson posted:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

fart simpson posted:

lol

gently caress

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oops, i accidentally walked while aging and now my right foot hurts for no reason i can discern at all

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

psiox posted:

oops, i accidentally walked while aging and now my right foot hurts for no reason i can discern at all

my knee makes a popping noise when i walk around. that's just what it does now.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

when i roll my head around in a circle, my neck sounds like a sock full of gravel

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

when i roll my head around in a circle, my neck sounds like a sock full of gravel
i roll my ankles and it sounds like someone threw a handful of deck screws into the dryer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

in winter by one ankle pops all the time and it gets real annoying in long hallways at work

Kenny Logins posted:

i roll my ankles and it sounds like someone threw a handful of deck screws into the dryer

same for me and same ankle

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whoa it didn't even occur to me that it was weird my ankles pop all the time. they've been doing that since I was a kid

now the shoulder/collar bone popping, that's pretty new

at least my back pain doesn't keep me awake any more, though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

psiox posted:

dang that sucks. I ended up with tendonitis in the top of my foot and it took insane amounts of rest and wider shoes to heal. I am saying this because I kept expecting it to get better with time and it just...didn't until i went to the doctor and got really strict about rest and stuff

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

whoa it didn't even occur to me that it was weird my ankles pop all the time. they've been doing that since I was a kid

now the shoulder/collar bone popping, that's pretty new

at least my back pain doesn't keep me awake any more, though

mine has popped a bit since I was younger, too. collar bone started in my 20s and has freaked out a bunch of people lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have some minor nerve damage in my left leg from getting real sick as a kid, and its been flaring up this week in the form of Deep Heel Itch which is ruining my ability to sleep. anyone else get this?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

its like an extremely intense pulsating itch feeling deep inside my foot, like an inch under the skin of the heel, and it sometimes sends a pulsating itch in a line all the way from my heel up to my chest, like drawing a straight line through my body. each time it pulses on and off for about a second, 3-5 times or so and then dies down and leaves me feeling all numb and tingly until 30-60 seconds later when it comes back. it sucks!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Agile Vector posted:

mine has popped a bit since I was younger, too. collar bone started in my 20s and has freaked out a bunch of people lol
My collarbone is actually popped out on one side after a 6-story fall and I'd have to have surgery to correct it

I am a complete wreck

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

a 6-story fall

:stare: what??

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

how are you alive?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like splatty crabcakes

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

how are you alive?

maybe she's a spoopy skelleton

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 11, 2020

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Roosevelt posted:

how are you alive?
I was staying at the Cecil Hotel off Skid Row and went out onto the 6th-floor fire escape to smoke. Next thing I know I'm waking up handcuffed to a bed in USC Medical center shy a shoe, my phone and any memory of what the gently caress happened.

I might have landed on this thing

and then fallen off that, but honestly I have no idea what really happened and how I survived

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo fatty, glad you lived

I used to live next door to that. never heard of falling crab cakes though

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I was staying at the Cecil Hotel off Skid Row and went out onto the 6th-floor fire escape to smoke. Next thing I know I'm waking up handcuffed to a bed in USC Medical center shy a shoe, my phone and any memory of what the gently caress happened.

and then fallen off that, but honestly I have no idea what really happened and how I survived

woah, drat

why the gently caress were you handcuffed, they thought you were a jumper?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

I used to live next door to that. never heard of falling crab cakes though
Me too!

This was June of 2012 (a few months before Elisa Lam) and there ain't a lot of press for deaths on the row, much less the miraculous survival of a trashbag

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

whoa :stare:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

psiox posted:

Well what helped me in that situation was losing 10 kg. But then I gained it back and now it hurts again :newlol:

Being old and fat is kind of a "witch's circle" because once you get to that point, moving about fucks you up but not moving about keeps you hosed up. Thank goodness for ibuprofein!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

:badass:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Achmed Jones posted:

and

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
once again, fatty proves she’s the realest.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Right or left shoe missing? And did the phone get smashed or just took?

:ohdear:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ilu fatty

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Right or left shoe missing? And did the phone get smashed or just took?

:ohdear:
I think it was the left, I think? At any rate I had to walk back to the hotel in flip flops. The phone was definitely took, as by the time I replaced it there were several photos on my cloud account and a purchase of Corrine Rae Bailey's "Put Your Records On" and for the next 6 months I got phone calls for Marvin until I started answering unknown numbers "Seargent Stedenko, LAPD. How can I help you?"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I think it was the left, I think? At any rate I had to walk back to the hotel in flip flops. The phone was definitely took, as by the time I replaced it there were several photos on my cloud account and a purchase of Corrine Rae Bailey's "Put Your Records On" and for the next 6 months I got phone calls for Marvin until I started answering unknown numbers "Seargent Stedenko, LAPD. How can I help you?"

I mean, that's a p.deece song?

:shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m sergeant sudoku from yospos

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

President Beep posted:

i’m sergeant sudoku from yospos
moar like poodoku

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:thunk:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

im old and fat but remarkably robust, I don’t really gently caress my own poo poo up much even when I rarely do physical poo poo (lol)

I do get pissed that doing some stuff while fat is hard - rock climbing, surfing, poo poo like that where you have to lurch your body around. but hey man being a fat nerd is kinda my deal now

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

shooting is also harder the fatter you get, which is fine as no-one should shoot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Agile Vector posted:

collar bone started in my 20s and has freaked out a bunch of people lol

is this right at the center join of your clavicle? Mine too, googling it it seems super rare. Absolutley no pain with it (so far) but it can be either a soft 'clunk' that no-one will notice or a massive echoey 'POP' that sounds like someone breaking a dry stick. Had it for years.

Also fatha has to go get a second total knee replacement early next month - they hosed up the first one, it didn't sit properly and has been giving him a lot of pain - and just this week I have come out in sympathy with him, I now have an aching, clicky knee. I hope it's just from where I have been slouching bent-legged while posting and is only temporary.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

shooting is also harder the fatter you get, which is fine as no-one should shoot
this is the perfect kind of sentence which gets all the right people mad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol