Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Vikar Jerome posted:

It looks amazing and runs at insane framerates but sure, its a bad port lol ok.

I can’t get a higher resolution than 1080p on the PS5 version because I have a 120hz television. That’s a pretty huge issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

Anyway, rumour is new elden ring trailer at game awards.

I’ve heard that before!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I just got a message on my Target order page (that just showed up today) saying my PS5 will ship in it's original packaging so therefore they can't hide what it is.

Surely loving not?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BonoMan posted:

I just got a message on my Target order page (that just showed up today) saying my PS5 will ship in it's original packaging so therefore they can't hide what it is.

Surely loving not?

Go back a few pages. Already discussed and debunked.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ghostwritingduck posted:

I can’t get a higher resolution than 1080p on the PS5 version because I have a 120hz television. That’s a pretty huge issue.

They'll probably patch it within a week

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Walmart checkout is faster on your phone. Fewer clicks.
So, have you info saved already and just refresh the page like 5 mins before and keep doing so until you see it live.

That's a good point. I think that's how my boyfriend snagged an Xbox while I was too slow; he was on his phone and I was on a pc. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

You should see tlg on ps5!

i plan to do a 3rd playthrough
very special game

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Go back a few pages. Already discussed and debunked.

Thanks! I checked a few pages back but just didn't go far enough. It *just* popped up for me today (I've been checking religiously of course) so my heart skipped a beat.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Augus posted:

I’ve heard that before!

he means the 2023 awards

tho i think they did break the dark souls 2 announcement during the game awards way back when. so there is precedent

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

il serpente cosmico posted:

It's a problem because if the game isn't capped at 30, 60, or 120, and instead runs at a variable rate, you get tearing or rudder. It is easily fixed by a 60fps cap. A 60fps cap is preferable to a 90fps variable rate, unless you have VRR, which the PS5 currently does not. The game really needs a 60FPS cap for its quality mode.

The game also won't even run at 4K if you have a 120hz TV with HDMI 2.0.

This is just basic stuff they managed to gently caress up.

I have a tv that can't go about 60 fps, will the game detect that and run it at a solid 60? All this talk of 120 hz has me confused about tvs that don't support it.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 11, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

ghostwritingduck posted:

It still looks great at 1080p with raytracing! Thats how im gonna play it

4k is minimal compared and with raytracing its 30fps so gently caress that. 1080p rt all the way. Witness true power.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 11, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

I have a tv that can't god about 60 fps, will the game detect that and run it at a solid 60? All this talk of 120 hz has me confused about tvs that don't support it.

yes if your tv is 60 max you are in the clear except whatever stupid quality modes they have that will punt you down into an unstable 40 fps.

digital foundry guys dont own any older tvs anymore and are instead owned by capcom and their tv sets.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

It still looks great at 1080p with raytracing! Thats how im gonna play it

Maybe understand that he's upset because he wants to run it a different way instead of hand waving it as it's ok because you are going to do it another way?

Also it looks considerable worse at 1080p when you watch the comparisons. I was going to trade in my PS4 version for the PS5 one but if it can't hit a solid 4k60 I'm not bothering.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Real hurthling! posted:

yes if your tv is 60 max you are in the clear except whatever stupid quality modes they have that will punt you down into an unstable 40 fps.

digital foundry guys dont own any older tvs anymore and are instead owned by capcom and their tv sets.

Good to know. No 4k60 mode was a deal breaker for me so I'm glad to hear it will do it on my tv.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Wow this page and a half after my question just makes things sound worse and more all over the place? Maybe I should just hold off

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow this page and a half after my question just makes things sound worse and more all over the place? Maybe I should just hold off

Yeah the DF video does a good job of pointing out the issues with each mode.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rad Valtar posted:

Good to know. No 4k60 mode was a deal breaker for me so I'm glad to hear it will do it on my tv.

Theres 4k60 without raytracing

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Found it funny in the demons souls df video that even the devs couldnt see the difference between cinematic and performance modes.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Yeah I'm definitely playing Demons Souls at 60 fps no doubt so that is great to hear.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
So Walmart's site still says preparing for my order, but FedEx delivery manager gave me a tracking number from Solutions2GO saying a package is delivered tomorrow. Reddit says that they are a Walmart distributor so it looks like I am good!

Just a heads up to others with a walmart order checking all the time. Thanks to ihatepants in the discord for the heads up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rad Valtar posted:

Maybe understand that he's upset because he wants to run it a different way instead of hand waving it as it's ok because you are going to do it another way?

Also it looks considerable worse at 1080p when you watch the comparisons. I was going to trade in my PS4 version for the PS5 one but if it can't hit a solid 4k60 I'm not bothering.

Yeah 100fps is upsetting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

Yeah I'm definitely playing Demons Souls at 60 fps no doubt so that is great to hear.

im gonna do up through the nexus at 30 and then treat my first awakening in the nexus as my rebirth into 60

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011
Painless EB games pickup experience. Basically no one there, so I was able to walk straight in, give my details, and walk out. They were even open early.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Any goons attempting to snag an online order from Target Tonight? If so, what time will you start F5'ing? I'm in the same boat and probably start around 11 while watching Wario64 on Twitter.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

WalletBeef posted:

Any goons attempting to snag an online order from Target Tonight? If so, what time will you start F5'ing? I'm in the same boat and probably start around 11 while watching Wario64 on Twitter.

They never posted a time for the Series X, it just randomly went live around 1:25am EST if I recall correctly.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
My Dual Sense charging dock arrived today. I'm a little disappointed that it's a little tricky to get the controller to charge. I was hoping the magnets would make it dead simple. It looks nice though.

EDIT: also it has an external power brick for some reason.

Chin Strap posted:

So Walmart's site still says preparing for my order, but FedEx delivery manager gave me a tracking number from Solutions2GO saying a package is delivered tomorrow. Reddit says that they are a Walmart distributor so it looks like I am good!

Just a heads up to others with a walmart order checking all the time. Thanks to ihatepants in the discord for the heads up.

Same here.

Also, I got my Xbox Series X through Walmart. It arrived today but the website still says that it hasn't shipped.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Anyway I suppose the top reason I want a PS5 right now is to get better PSVR performance for Squadrons lol so this doesn't change much

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can’t believe this is the last day I’ll use my PS4

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol I remember people saying Sony engineers would never allow a gently caress up and now both consoles have colossal gently caress ups

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I really hope I can find one to order at midnight tonight, not really sure how that's gonna go or who will have them.

Also this thing is massive and pretty ugly, I like the Series X design quite a bit better but oh well just gonna have to hide it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I should've tried harder to preorder :negative:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Want one bad but can't decide on a model so I'll let the analysis paralysis save me $3/499

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I tried for a bit on reveal day when Sony said "we'll let you know when pre-orders are up!" and then proceeded to put up pre-orders without telling anyone and they were instantly gone by the time I realized.

That was real lame.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah the only retailer that honored the embargo was amazon the others all got cold feet and said gently caress it once the first one cracked (walmart iirc)

CharlestheHammer posted:

Lol I remember people saying Sony engineers would never allow a gently caress up and now both consoles have colossal gently caress ups

I thought they meant like a rrod situation not like developer loving up a port or some edge case crashes due to a router's firmware conflicting with restmode

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 11, 2020

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not a Children posted:

Want one bad but can't decide on a model so I'll let the analysis paralysis save me $3/499

If you own ps4 discs its not a hard choice. I dont

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah the only retailer that honored the embargo was amazon the others all got cold feet and said gently caress it once the first one cracked (walmart iirc)

I thought they meant like a rrod situation not like developer loving up a port or some edge case crashes due to a router's firmware conflicting with restmode

Oh that’s probably the argument know which makes it funnier

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Got my piss5, time to watch DeSr download for 4 hours

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Same, I told myself "nah I can just wait until some games come out that I badly want." and then we get to launch week and i'm like, :cripes: Video games are my biggest hobby, i'm pathetic and practically base my identity around it. I absolutely want the two new next-gen consoles right away, why did I try to pretend otherwise?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'd make fun of y'all early adopters but I'm also the idiot who purchased Horizon Zero Dawn for my PC.... and I'm still waiting for that thing to be vaguely playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I was sort of in the opposite boat, wouldve been fine on my ps4 for a while but happened to be following the thread and watched the release stuff and goons happened to link the preorders when they popped up so I was able to snag a pre-order with not much drama, now im giddy like a schoolboy again.

Cant wait to get my face smashed in and yell at my TV playing Demon Souls (never played the ps3 version), but ill have Spiderman as a break.