Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WMOTYC: The Elite Deletion AEW FULL GEAR, 07/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I didn't nominate these three for MOTY and they belong:

11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Mirai Maiumi in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuki Kamifuku in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Yuki Kamifuki - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (6 votes)

The Yuka Sakazaki vs Miyu Yamashita wayyyyy back on 1/4/20 also deserves another MOTY vote.

TJPW is good, y'all. It's got more MOTYs than WWE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

I didn't nominate these three for MOTY and they belong:

11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Mirai Maiumi in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuki Kamifuku in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (5 votes)
11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Yuki Kamifuki - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS (6 votes)

The Yuka Sakazaki vs Miyu Yamashita wayyyyy back on 1/4/20 also deserves another MOTY vote.

TJPW is good, y'all. It's got more MOTYs than WWE
I’m n’thing all these, I just watched the show a second time earlier today and Wrestle Princess was outstanding top to bottom, not a bad match on the card and even its worst match is better than a “good” match from WWE and AEW.

If you’re an AEW or WWE fan there’s matches to go out of your way to see on this card. Saree is already signed to the WWE and will eventually be in NXT, and TJPW’s partnership with AEW means you’ll probably be seeing Maki Itoh, Kamiyu, and Mizuki in AEW as well as the returns of Yuka Sakazaki & Shoko. Watch them in their prime now and get excited for their debuts/returns!

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
HM
Shinya Aoki(c) vs Sanshiro Takagi (Extreme Championship) - DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

HM
Chris Brookes(c) vs Yuki Ueno (Universal Championship) - DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

MOTYC
Konosuke Takeshita vs Jun Akiyama - DDT Ultimate Party 11/3

nthing these

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

WMOTYC: The Elite Deletion AEW FULL GEAR, 07/11

Nth

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The match was good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

The match was good

Gangrel's reveal and Private Party on stand by were the hardest I had laughed since Four Seasons Total Landscaping.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It kinda dragged until they went full comedy with Matt having a trench and them having a roman candle fight, but I thought it pulled off the tonal shift very well when it got into the dome. I'd have cut commentary at that point, and the callback to the All Out spot was arguably in poor taste (though I'd argue that it was okay since it was almost 100% Matt's idea and he's the one it happened to) but I did really enjoy it overall.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Missed a shitload but I'm sure they're all nommed up

jesus WEP posted:

HM: Hikaru Shida vs Nyla Rose, AEW Full Gear

Death to all who doN't respect the KNEE CLAW

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TJPW has now nearly doubled the number of MOTYCs that WWE's main roster has managed this year, and surpassed the number that NXT shows have gotten this year. WWE needs to combine with NXT to just barely stay ahead of Tokyo Joshi Pro.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

quote:

11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Mirai Maiumi in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Shoko Nakajima vs. Yuki Kamifuku in the International Princess Championship Tournament Semi-Final - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Saki Akai vs. Hyper Misao in a Fans Suggest the Gimmick/Gimmick Switching match - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Maki Itoh and Sareee vs. Aja Kong and Miyu Yamashita - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Hikari Noa vs. Yuki Kamifuki - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Rika Tatsumi and Miu vs. Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Yuka Sakazaki (C) vs. Mizuki for the Princess of Princess Championship - TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS
11/07 | Toru Yano vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the KOPW Championship - NJPW Power Struggle
11/07 | Minoru Suzuki (C) vs. Shingo Takagi for the Never Openweight Championship - NJPW Power Struggle
11/07 | Jay White vs. Kota Ibushi - NJPW Power Struggle
11/07 | Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Adam Page - AEW Full Gear
11/07 | Orange Cassidy vs. John Silver- AEW Full Gear
11/07 | Hikaru Shida (C) vs. Nyla Rose for the AEW Women's Championship - AEW Full Gear
11/07 | FTR (C) vs. The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Titles - AEW Full Gear
11/07 | Jon Moxley (C) vs. Eddie Kingston in an I Quit match for the AEW World's Championship - AEW Full Gear

November 7th might have been a good wrestling day.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

karmicknight posted:

November 7th might have been a good wrestling day.

holy poo poo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Is 7 MOTYCs in one show the most ever? I feel like it would have come from an AEW show if there's a higher number

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Is 7 MOTYCs in one show the most ever? I feel like it would have come from an AEW show if there's a higher number

well it makes sense considering TJPW is the best pro wrestling on the planet, period.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Full Gear is the best show of 2020 without a doubt.

Why are people giving WMOTYC to Elite Deletion when a bunch of lesser remembered nondescript WWE matches took place?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean, who's watching WWE these days?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Why are people giving WMOTYC to Elite Deletion when a bunch of lesser remembered nondescript WWE matches took place?

it wasn't even the best show on the 7th.

also you can only nominate things you've seen so that takes alot of the WWE matches out of contention.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I believe so, even the very best shows seem to top out around 4-5 MOTYCs usually.

2020's Top Shows according to us, the people of Don't Post Puro Here:

TJPW WRESTLE PRINCESS - 7 MOTYCs
AEW Double or Nothing - 5 MOTYCs
AEW Full Gear - 5 MOTYCs
AEW All Out - 4 MOTYCs
NJPW G1 Climax Night 1 - 4 MOTYCs
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 - 4 MOTYCs
AEW Fyter Fest Night 1 - 3 MOTYCs
AEW Power Struggle - 3 MOTYCs
AEW Revolution - 3 MOTYCs
NJPW G1 Climax Night 7 - 3 MOTYCs
NJPW G1 Climax Night 13 - 3 MOTYCs
NJPW G1 Climax Night 15 - 3 MOTYCs
NJPW Summer Struggle - 3 MOTYCs
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom Night 2 - 3 MOTYCs
Seems to be a lot of Puro in there? :thunk:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, yes, we were allowed to post Puro then.

We are not allowed to post Puro anymore.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Joshi wrestling is not Puro, it is Joshi, so we're still okay to post about the best promotion in the world, TJPW

ayayayayayayayayayay

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not even the best AEW show of 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"Is it forgotten?" isn't the only criteria for something being bad. Sure, there's a thousand & 1 generic WWE matches but they are boring & identikit where as WMOTYC is reserved for poo poo that makes me want to crawl up & die. "Just the house style" doesn't cut it (& on top of that, I don't watch any American wrestling companies so my exposure this year to really bad matches is really low)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MOTYC Pencil Army vs Yunamon and Chris Brookes, I Quit Match ChocoPro 63

Emi watched the I Quit Match from Full Gear and decided to show them how it's done.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Senerio posted:

Emi watched the I Quit Match from Full Gear and decided to show them how it's done.

Nth

ChocoPro has been on a roll lately, but this was a perfect capper on the Lulu Pencil's hat saga.

Brookes bent Lulu like a pretzil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dVBJmHRJPE

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Senerio posted:

Nth, what a war

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: EVIL vs. Hirooki Goto, G1 Climax Night 16, 10/14
MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. SANADA, G1 Climax Night 16, 10/14

I'm gonna finish this goddamn tournament.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Senerio posted:

Nth, hell yeah

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: EVIL vs. Hirooki Goto, G1 Climax Night 16, 10/14
MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. SANADA, G1 Climax Night 16, 10/14

I'm gonna finish this goddamn tournament.

Every time you do this it refreshes my memory of some awesome matches.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Senerio posted:

Nth, Chris Brookes is an evil man. I always enjoy how comically large he is in comparison to the rest of the roster

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Thanlis posted:

Every time you do this it refreshes my memory of some awesome matches.

I've been working way too much trying to start my own business, which means I haven't been able to watch as much wrestling as usual, but I'm planning on making my second annual 'watch as much great wrestling as possible from the previous 10-11 months' journey.

SPEAKING OF

HM: Minoru Suzuki vs. Shingo Takagi, G1 Climax Night 17, 10/16
HM: Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii, G1 Climax Night 17, 10/16
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax Night 17, 10/16
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Taichi, G1 Climax Night 17, 10/16

Suzuki-Takagi was great but not as great as their previous match. White-Ishii had a really happy ending (gently caress off Jay), but there was too much bullshit on the way to push it over the edge for me.

Okada vs Ospreay was on the way to being one of the ten best matches of the year for me, but then the finish was real flat. Ibushi vs Taichi was just bonkers and I'm not sure how to evaluate it, to be completely honest - these were just two stupid sons of bitches wailing on each other, and it owned.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

Nth, match is a work of art

A Gatoh Move match featuring the comedic stylings of Lulu Pencil somehow manages to get genuinely disturbing and uncomfortable to watch at times as Brookes and Yunamon manhandle Lulu, especially the stuff involving the tape, the bag and the pencils. Brookes and Yunamon are just crazy enough to make you believe they’re actually doing or going to do something truly heinous, and Lulu is the perfect babyface victim for them with her indomitable spirit and pathetic stick figure physique. Perfect.

Plus of course some incredible tag team moves, table spots and very bizarre goings-on etc.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 11, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

If Gatoh Move somehow catches WWE in MOTYCs by the end of this year I am going to die laughing

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Senerio posted:

almost forgot to nth this,

so nth

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: Brian Cage vs. Matt Sydal, AEW Dynamite 11/11

feel like im in here every Wednesday night posting "drat what a killer opener" :thunk: the last 2 minutes or so of this was especially great

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

feel like im in here every Wednesday night posting "drat what a killer opener" :thunk: the last 2 minutes or so of this was especially great

I'll second this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aye Doc posted:

I will second this.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Nth, fun rear end moves.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

Nth. That finish was worth the HM alone and it was a real unique not-quite clash of styles before that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

HM: The Natural Nightmares vs. The Butcher & The Blade & The Bunny - Bunkhouse Match, AEW Dynamite 11/11

I had no clue what the hell a bunkhouse match was going to be going in but hooboy this was good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: The Natural Nightmares vs The Butcher and the Blade (with the Bunny) 11/11 AEW Dynamite

What a great bloody brawl.