Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I said come in! posted:

possibly close to what PS5 sold.

No way. PS5 is going to destroy the bonerx just as badly as the PS4 killed the bone. The switch will probably outsell the bonerx from this point forward, just as it outsold the bone even though it came out 4 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man it kinda sucks that there's no digital deluxe upgrade option for Demon's or Sackboy. I wanted that dumbass Norman Reedus Sackboy costume but I wanted to get the game physically and didn't want to buy a huge expensive special edition with a toy to do so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Phil Spencer is keeping that a secret https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-boss-says-sharing-xbox-series-x-sales-numbers-would-change-the-focus/ this is a big change in policy, Microsoft has always been huge on bragging about this number. Its gotta be in the millions though, possibly close to what PS5 sold.

They havent given any numbers since "approaching 10 million sold" in 2014

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I'm hoping that the fact that the drop isn't happening at midnight means people see "out of stock" and give up thinking it's sold out, thereby allowing ME to swoop in and grab one.

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran

Critical posted:

Did Best Buy put the xboxes up at the same time as Target? They havent listed anything yet.

I'm not even sure if Best Buy is going to have any tonight, they have promised some for Black Friday so I'm not sure if they're doing both that and launch day.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The Nvidia 3000 series GPU launches left people just as dumbfounded, there were endless rumors about supply disasters, but the story eventually came out from manufacturing partners that supply was similar to past launches, and what changed this time was incredible demand. I imagine the same thing is happening with PS5. The demand for gaming is just wild right now. Anecdotally, my console purchasing is up 100% because I'm on the hook for getting my brother a PS5 now that he wants to get back into gaming after ignoring it for the last decade.

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm hoping that the fact that the drop isn't happening at midnight means people see "out of stock" and give up thinking it's sold out, thereby allowing ME to swoop in and grab one.

I fear this just makes it easier for the scalpers using bots since they're checking constantly.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

acksplode posted:

The Nvidia 3000 series GPU launches left people just as dumbfounded, there were endless rumors about supply disasters, but the story eventually came out from manufacturing partners that supply was similar to past launches, and what changed this time was incredible demand. I imagine the same thing is happening with PS5. The demand for gaming is just wild right now. Anecdotally, my console purchasing is up 100% because I'm on the hook for getting my brother a PS5 now that he wants to get back into gaming after ignoring it for the last decade.

Yeah I had to sell my 3080 for emergency dog surgery money and hoped that a 3070 would be easier to come by but nope! The PS5 seems way more attainable by comparison even with all of this nonsense.

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran
Just had one in my cart from Sam's Club, removed it since I'm picking up one from Best Buy tomorrow, good luck all

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

No way. PS5 is going to destroy the bonerx just as badly as the PS4 killed the bone. The switch will probably outsell the bonerx from this point forward, just as it outsold the bone even though it came out 4 years later.

Ooh totally, in the long term I dont disagree.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

hatty posted:

Yeah I had to sell my 3080 for emergency dog surgery money and hoped that a 3070 would be easier to come by but nope! The PS5 seems way more attainable by comparison even with all of this nonsense.

Hope your dog's feeling fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Dogs are forever more important than video games. I hope they are doing better.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

hatty posted:

I had to cancel my Xbox Series X preorder on Saturday night because I had to bring my dog to the ER and apparently he has pancreatitis and had to be admitted to the hospital for which they charged me $2400 as a down payment. Just got him back today

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Vietnom nom nom posted:

Just had one in my cart from Sam's Club, removed it since I'm picking up one from Best Buy tomorrow, good luck all

I'm confused by this scenario, why did you have one in your cart if you already had a pre-order?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1326765915497766912?s=19

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

I said come in! posted:

Phil Spencer is keeping that a secret https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-boss-says-sharing-xbox-series-x-sales-numbers-would-change-the-focus/ this is a big change in policy, Microsoft has always been huge on bragging about this number. Its gotta be in the millions though, possibly close to what PS5 sold.

If the numbers looked good, they'd most likely share them. They've kept the Xbox One numbers a secret, too, because of how bad they looked next to the PS4.

Vietnom nom nom
Oct 24, 2000
Forum Veteran

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm confused by this scenario, why did you have one in your cart if you already had a pre-order?

Was just seeing how hard one was to get, I tried Sam's Club & Target, the former worked, I'm not constantly refreshing or anything, just tried them both a couple times.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah she’s doing fine, she tore an ACL and the surgery was pretty expensive. I sold the 3080 to some Craigslist creep which payed for over half of it. Was worth it of course, I can do without some video games for a bit. Poor dog has to go another month in lockdown recovery though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only time we get any kind of rough idea of Xbox figures is when some graphics card company goes "Oh we've shipped 150 million cards for current gen consoles!" and people do basic math from PS4's actual announced figures.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

If the numbers looked good, they'd most likely share them. They've kept the Xbox One numbers a secret, too, because of how bad they looked next to the PS4.

Okay that is true, that's a pretty fair point.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Wario64 getting me my PS5 and securing my bugsnax, truly a champion, this man.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

caldrax posted:

For real, I would not have known about doing this otherwise.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I have no qualms clicking Wario's links to earn him affiliate money. He's gotten me to easily get things I've been after. Including my PS5 the day preorders popped up.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

caldrax posted:

I don't know how much he makes through affiliate links, but I hope it is a lot.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Had one in my cart on Sams but couldn’t seem to create a guest account and I’m not paying $45 upfront before checkout so that’s not happening.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Direct just went up and let me purchase. No expected date that I could see.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

FallenGod posted:

Direct just went up and let me purchase. No expected date that I could see.

drat I was too slow :-(

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Direct just hosed me and forgot my saved payment details so i lost out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VideoGameDeals on Twitter is actually what ended up getting me my Xbox Series X. I think Wario64 might have missed the Microsoft Store having a new batch, but otherwise he doesn't miss a beat.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kicked me off the site bleh. Not getting it with this hour long queue. Oh well

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The haptics on the DualSense really are something else. Played some Astro's Playroom and goddamn is every little nudge and bump felt :stare:. The triggers are really impressive as well, and I can't wait to see an FPS game take advantage of the variable trigger pull and haptic feedback.

Waltzing Along posted:

I think what'll happen is, barring some truly impressive improvements and general un-loving themselves by Microsoft, they'll get decent launch sales on new console hype, and the hope of new games to come as a future investment, and the writing will be on the wall when they're still waiting while Sony trots out exclusive after exclusive in the interim.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you basically have to f5 before the legion of nerds gets to it...fun

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
jesus, the disc console was in stock on Sony's store for less than 30s... went out of stock by the time I clicked add to cart, back to out of stock

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

you basically have to f5 before the legion of nerds bots gets to it...fun

Oshata Hyotesti
Sep 27, 2003
Ultros
Got one through direct even with putting in my payment at check out.

Moon Shrimp
Sep 7, 2013
Is there a discord with notifications so I can stop actively paying attention to this?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The only solution for the scalpers, imho, is if ebay agreed to not sell high demand items like consoles and gpus for like a month. Would cut down on a lot of the artificial demand, but there's no upside to that, ebay would never do it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
How were you folks able to get Sony Direct to save your payment details? I tried to set that up earlier today and apparently it didn't take.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Moon Shrimp posted:

Is there a discord with notifications so I can stop actively paying attention to this?

Based on the Series X, Target will probably be live within the next few minutes.

Outside of that, any notification will probably be too slow to help.

Anti-Hero posted:

How were you folks able to get Sony Direct to save your payment details? I tried to set that up earlier today and apparently it didn't take.

Had the same problem, just got lucky having Chrome poo poo the details into the various boxes as I ordered, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Moon Shrimp posted:

nowinstock.net has a telegram channel, but it has had absolutely zero notifications so far. I'm not aware of any others. Wario64's twitter seems best, so far.