Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Stealing this one, sincere apologies to those with dwarfism though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

titties posted:

Stealing this one, sincere apologies to those with dwarfism though

appropriate username/post combo

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I mean Activision only has death mics, not kill mics, so I can’t give encouragement after I’ve killed someone. Maybe it should be argued that Activision is toxic. They are.

Death mics are so good. Had some 14 year old call me a virgin once.

How did he know??????

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

mexi posted:

Death mics are so good. Had some 14 year old call me a virgin once.

How did he know??????

They can smell their own.

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid
I encountered a fun new glitch last night, looking forward to whatever caused it being fixed extremely soon.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

WattsvilleBlues posted:

They can smell their own.

It’s funny. In the 80s and 90s it was generally assumed anyone over 13 wasn’t a virgin. Nowadays that’s not the case.

I don’t know why religions hate video games. It was able to do what religion couldn’t do.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a Black Ops Cold War thread?

Edit: gently caress I’m dumb I found it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 12, 2020

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Put out a green tracer pack with the chick I don't have yet and a new finishing move, one day before I'm supposed to switch over to call of black cold ops war duty?

Okay :homebrew:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i aint switching poo poo unless the guns are just too good to ignore in WZ. even then it probably just means its time to quit and spend time playing good games instead

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

jabro posted:

It’s funny. In the 80s and 90s it was generally assumed anyone over 13 wasn’t a virgin. Nowadays that’s not the case.

Dafuq?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Theophany posted:

Maybe it's a North American thing, but I've never heard the N word used the entire time I've been playing this game. It's usually super aggressive Brits screaming at each other for being Northern or Southern or very confused sounding French people on dogshit microphones.

For me it's being called a giant puta, or my madre es un perra puta, or any other string of Spanish language expletives.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Heck yeah south cst queue

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Apologies if this has been covered: I have a friend on xbox who claims we (I am on pc) can play together. He gave me his gamertag. How do I add it? In-game I suppose maybe?

update: he told me to put it in on the xbox app, and, great, we're friends on xbox now. But I have the game on battle.net, not on xbox live, soooooo.... ? I doubt this will work?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

redreader posted:

Apologies if this has been covered: I have a friend on xbox who claims we (I am on pc) can play together. He gave me his gamertag. How do I add it? In-game I suppose maybe?

update: he told me to put it in on the xbox app, and, great, we're friends on xbox now. But I have the game on battle.net, not on xbox live, soooooo.... ? I doubt this will work?

Have to use their Activision ID.

Select Social from the main menu.
Select Invite Friends while on the Friends tab.
Select Enter Activision Account to send invite.
Enter your friend's Activision ID (ex: PlayerName#1234567).

If your friend doesn’t have an Activision ID they have to create one and link their Xbox account.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn login in is a pain in the rear end but I finally did it.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks, I was able to play with him by adding him as an activision friend.

I need some CoD tips, I suck. I'm getting around a .7 KDR.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

redreader posted:

Max out the Kilo and M4. Both are assault rifles, and the kilo is the current meta gun, but the M4 is always good.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm dumb I didn't realize that the standard edition didn't have the Xbox Series X version (which explains why my download was so small), luckily it was only $9 to upgrade to the cross gen bundle, which gave me that version.

It's funny caused the game looked gorgeous even with the Xbox One enhanced version.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When is it going to make me download all of cold ops 9 just to keep playing

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I was playing with a friend who was on an xbox last night and he was way better than me. I'd assume using a mouse would help but apparently not. Any advice for mouse settings or anything? I'm new to COD and haven't been playing fps's much in the last year or two.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

redreader posted:

I was playing with a friend who was on an xbox last night and he was way better than me. I'd assume using a mouse would help but apparently not. Any advice for mouse settings or anything? I'm new to COD and haven't been playing fps's much in the last year or two.

Start with a low sensitivity and work your way up, rather than trying to make a high sensitivity work for you.

Also just practice. I almost never played multiplayer shooters anymore when a friend got me into Warzone back in June, and I'm only now getting to the point where I can hold my own with the 'good players' in the goon Discord. And even when I'm on fire, I'm still nowhere near as good as people who play the game hours every day. But the more you play, the better you'll get. It's frustrating as gently caress at first.

Movement and positioning is really important in this game, especially in Warzone. You have to be able to turn anything into cover on a moment's notice, and that will win fights more than having the best aim.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

the trick is to kill the enemy before they kill you

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

redreader posted:

If you're talking Warzone, drop into dad mode (Plunder) to practice shooting and moving

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have the oden, ram, scar, and m13 to damascus and i want to end my suffering

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

RE: Mouse Aim

Have a big mousepad and set your sensitivity at least as low as ~9.8inches/360. Put in your fov, dpi, and in-game sens here to calculate inches/360: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/. Most people set their sensitivity way way too high.

Set the fov when you ADS to "affected" instead of "independent". This is easier to control your recoil, track your target, and not become as disoriented at most important engagement ranges.

And game sense and movement is more important than aim unless your aim is really really bad.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My hard drive is no longer large enough for this thicc swangin game, rip

Still thought it bore repeating that plunder and hc shipment 24/7 are the only game modes

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

RE: Mouse Aim

Have a big mousepad and set your sensitivity at least as low as ~9.8inches/360. Put in your fov, dpi, and in-game sens here to calculate inches/360: https://www.mouse-sensitivity.com/. Most people set their sensitivity way way too high.

Set the fov when you ADS to "affected" instead of "independent". This is easier to control your recoil, track your target, and not become as disoriented at most important engagement ranges.

And game sense and movement is more important than aim unless your aim is really really bad.
9.8 inches... is this the average?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mine is 3.6 inches normal, 5.4 inches hardcore

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

across.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

drunken officeparty posted:

Those sound very achievable

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mine is 3.6 inches normal, 5.4 inches hardcore

this is unsettling...

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

You don’t have to do the ram

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
And shipment/crackhouse is gone yet again! Guess I'm not finishing all the officer challenges.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

9.8 inches... is this the average?

19.4 inches

CoD is pretty forgiving for aim, I go all the way down to like ~18ish depending on how I feel.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mae posted:

You don’t have to do the ram

I didnt have to do like 10 other guns either but i did because i am not a degenerate. all gold means all gold

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

redreader posted:

If you were playing just regular MP it can be really sweaty

Warzone has a slower flow and typically better paced gun fights but you can’t insta respawn

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

I didnt have to do like 10 other guns either but i did because i am not a degenerate. all gold means all gold

Make sure you unlock all reticles too

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I'm guessing they're done with intel missions?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Playing for the first time in a bit, what do I need to do to make the new shotgun that weird sniper build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
The frag-12 ammo for the Jak-12 is the slug ammo (slugs turn the shotguns into snipers).