Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

A little of column A and a little of column you are now a plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Zeus is an rear end in a top hat and deserves every bad thing that happens to him :colbert:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Suddenly remembered that the plot of the 90s Hercules TV show was "loving gods suck dicks, gently caress you you're not my mom"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ikanreed posted:

Suddenly remembered that the plot of the 90s Hercules TV show was "loving gods suck dicks, gently caress you you're not my mom"

I think the only piece of media I’ve seen that’s presented the Greek pantheon, and Zeus in particular, as unambiguously good has been Disney’s Hercules, honestly.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

One subtle animation joke I didn't get until a rewatch was this:

Zeus is an idiot and put his hand over the earpiece, so Hades definitely heard his cockamamie scheme to get back his powers. It's probably why they only ever had to deal with one titan at the last part of the episode.

ikanreed posted:

Which 90s Hercules TV show? The Disney animated series, or the Kevin Sorbo one?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

amigolupus posted:

One subtle animation joke I didn't get until a rewatch was this:

Zeus is an idiot and put his hand over the earpiece, so Hades definitely heard his cockamamie scheme to get back his powers. It's probably why they only ever had to deal with one titan at the last part of the episode.

Which 90s Hercules TV show? The Disney animated series, or the Kevin Sorbo one?

The Sorbo one. Honestly while it's been a while, as I recall it in both the Hercules and Xena shows, the gods tended to be assholes who were either useless or malicious.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Everyone posted:

The Sorbo one. Honestly while it's been a while, as I recall it in both the Hercules and Xena shows, the gods tended to be assholes who were either useless or malicious.

I mean, the intro voice over to Xena straight up says the gods are evil tyrants who Xena is here to oppose on behalf of the common people.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Goth Hades.

Makes sense.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ikanreed posted:

Do the gods do it because it's dickish and petty, or is it petty and dickish because the gods do it?

Pretty sure turning someone into a spider because they're a better weaver than you is dickish no matter who you are.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also like what they're doing with Daisy- she gets mad for good reasons and understandably doesn't want to have to be the one to make Donald get his poo poo together. Enforcing some boundaries with his friends is part of that.

Seems a low key theme that even with the best preparations, not all of Scrooge's adventures are going to succeed, but failure is gonna hit the kids a lot harder when it's such a major part of their lives. Though I think that deserved more time for resolution, this was a pretty busy episode.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I would die for Webby Vanderquack

Not Kate Micucci. Webby Vanderquack

Also: We don't appreciate Tress MacNeilie enough. Like, as a society. I REALLY hope she reprises Babs Bunny in the Tiny Toons revival

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 11, 2020

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I would die for Webby Vanderquack

Not Kate Micucci. Webby Vanderquack

Also: We don't appreciate Tress MacNeilie enough. Like, as a society. I REALLY hope she reprises Babs Bunny in the Tiny Toons revival

Katie Micucci is also a national if not universal treasure, but I get your point. There's been a couple of times I've gotten bruised fingers from trying to reach through the computer screen to hug Webby.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Not sure about Babs, but Tress will be back as Dot in new episodes of The Animaniacs in about 9 days.

Everyone posted:

Katie Micucci is also a national if not universal treasure
drat right.

Though it will always be weird to me that the same person playing Webby now is also part of the musical duo who created the song "Sex With Ducks."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Hobo posted:

Not sure about Babs, but Tress will be back as Dot in new episodes of The Animaniacs in about 9 days.

drat right.

Though it will always be weird to me that the same person playing Webby now is also part of the musical duo who created the song "Sex With Ducks."

A song where one of the lyrics is about how much she wants to bang Scrooge McDuck :eng101:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/UpToTASK/status/1326608555479236608

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Ban Miranda from music so he can follow his true calling as a cartoon voice actor.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
So, Della has two moon-related claimants to the title of "Best Friend": Penumbra and Selene.

I wonder what Penumbra would think of the Earth-assigned supernatural deity with dominion over the planet Moon?

That said, Della actually calls Penumbra 'Best Friend' onscreen, and while Selene calls Della her best friend in this episode, I don't think Della explicitly acknowledges that.

"Look, if your family had told me you were in space, I could have checked the Moon for them. Cheer up, it was only ten years, that's nothi-- Oh, right, mortal."

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Robot Hobo posted:

I like to think that Disney execs live in fear of the day that Kaiie Micucci and Kimiko Glenn do an impromptu rendition of "Sex With Ducks" in their characters' voices.

maltesh posted:

So, Della has two moon-related claimants to the title of "Best Friend": Penumbra and Selene.

I wonder what Penumbra would think of the Earth-assigned supernatural deity with dominion over the planet Moon?

That said, Della actually calls Penumbra 'Best Friend' onscreen, and while Selene calls Della her best friend in this episode, I don't think Della explicitly acknowledges that.

"Look, if your family had told me you were in space, I could have checked the Moon for them. Cheer up, it was only ten years, that's nothi-- Oh, right, mortal."

Maybe Penny and Selene should meet. Penumbra is gay and Selene is at least unattached...

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The Darkwing Spinoff is real. :toot:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/darkwing-duck-reboot-disney-plus-1234830283/

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm too young to have nostalgia for it and thought the hour long special was just ok, but I'm glad for the fans and i hope the first ep will hook me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, Seth Rogan is involved in a lot of stuff.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

T-man posted:

I'm too young to have nostalgia for it and thought the hour long special was just ok, but I'm glad for the fans and i hope the first ep will hook me.

I'm exactly the right age, and I only have nostalgia for the theme song. I can't say the show itself stands out in my childhood memory as something I loved.

Then again, I didn't care for OG ducktales much either, and this show is great.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Now they just need to get started on Tailspin and Rescue Rangers. This supposed top secret Rescue Rangers project they had to work around for Gadget's cameo before better not be some live action stupidity.

And yeah, this has just been a crazy nostalgia bomb for me. I loved the entire disney toon block growing up and now that they're updating it and making it even better, I'm just melting. I bought my best friend's kid a Webby plushie and now she clutches it every time she watches Ducktales with him. I die.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I grew up with a bunch of the Donald and Scrooge comics (in french) so the new Ducktales is a perfect nostalgia bomb. Got me to dust off the big books of Donald and Scrooge comics I got from my dad, falling apart at the seams, and re-read them.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

My Body Has Never Been More Ready

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Gargoyles when?

Gargoyles when?!?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ikanreed posted:

I'm exactly the right age, and I only have nostalgia for the theme song. I can't say the show itself stands out in my childhood memory as something I loved.

Then again, I didn't care for OG ducktales much either, and this show is great.

I never watched any of them back in the day. I pretty well missed much of the first and second seasons when I'd flick through Disney catch a bit of an episode and think Cartoon ducks. Stooopid. Really the thing that got me into the show was this:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/353378/DUCKTALES-Official-D23-Clip/

And then I was "OMG! I must have more of that adorably crazy little duck girl!" and I've been a fan ever since.

While I was vaguely aware of them before, I'm pretty much discovering Gizmoduck, Darkwing and other characters for the first time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

The thing about it that is making me a little worried is that it's by a differenr studio completely so it may not be the team behind DT2017.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

When do I get my Mighty Ducks crossover episode :colbert:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

From what I’m hearing it might not be connected to the Darkwing from the current Ducktales series and instead just be its own separate thing (it’s being made by a different creative team for one thing). Kind of weird but if that’s the case maybe it’ll be decent regardless.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Larryb posted:

From what I’m hearing it might not be connected to the Darkwing from the current Ducktales series and instead just be its own separate thing (it’s being made by a different creative team for one thing). Kind of weird but if that’s the case maybe it’ll be decent regardless.

On the other hand this is 2020 Disney we're talking about, so I also won't be surprised if it's the same universe as loving star wars

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Larryb posted:

would honestly be in the spirit of the original

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'll be fine as long as they keep Owlson.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sockser posted:

When do I get my Mighty Ducks crossover episode :colbert:

IIRC, the main hold-up there might be that the real life team still owns the main character.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ikanreed posted:

On the other hand this is 2020 Disney we're talking about, so I also won't be surprised if it's the same universe as loving star wars

Final shot of this season is the Chimaera appearing in the sky.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Technowolf posted:

Final shot of this season is the Chimaera appearing in the sky.

Thrawn in Duckberg would be kind of amazing.

Also for a brief second I thought the above was a prediction for The Mandalorian. Because that would also be amazing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Grand Admiral Prawn.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kinda already what they have going on with Lunaris, mind.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Seth and Evan did the boys, which is amazing and gross, and sausage party, which was stupid and gross. So who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

sausage party was an effective piece of art critiquing religion, it's only stupid if you automatically write off any animated film or think sexual humor is somehow less able to convey meaning. both of which are Bad Takes