Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I mean it's still idiotic that they're on the list but it's also idiotic that subway is essential just close stuff down ffs i'd much rather not die painfully and alone in a hospital bed parked in a tent in the parking garage so that money can move around a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DariusLikewise posted:

this is still what is open at brandons mall sooooooooooooooooooö

essential businesses:

Quilts Etc.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Lol showcase isn't essential enough to be open when there's not a pandemic.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rutibex posted:

essential businesses:

Quilts Etc.

You laugh but the Etc. is a viable vaccine candidate.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mainly Manitoba is a souvenir shop

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

these are essential businesses, in that it is essential that they don't close for two weeks because that interruption in cash flow would bankrupt them

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
hedleys health shop invited the parents that killed their child with blueberry syrup to speak and had to cancel because the backlash was so bad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1327299621752803331

might be time to stop all coronavirus testing in Ottawa :pray:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Quebec transforms into Mega Maid and begins to suck all the dollars

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
great job everybody we did it, death panels on a provincial scale

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My wife has lost patience with Bonny Henry’s calm act and yells at her on the tv now to DO something and I’m like she can’t hear you it is tv and then she beats me :(

Segue
May 23, 2007

Toronto officials are "begging" people not to socialize with anyone not from their household, which includes outdoor as well as indoor socializing.

Single people are being advised to lean on phone and video calls.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-socializing-new-rules-1.5800907

Meanwhile, outdoor dining is still permitted, you can have up to 10 people in gyms, and schools are still operating.

This incredible effort to shift all blame onto individual personal responsibility rather than any examination of our institutions is insane. The cowardice is terrifying.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

are the gloryholes still open ??!!

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Segue posted:

Toronto officials are "begging" people not to socialize with anyone not from their household, which includes outdoor as well as indoor socializing.

Meanwhile, outdoor dining is still permitted, you can have up to 10 people in gyms, and schools are still operating.

This incredible effort to shift all blame onto individual personal responsibility rather than any examination of our institutions is insane. The cowardice is terrifying.

they’ve also stopped telling people they should be working from home if possible. traffic has been heavy since September and it’s not just schools. the message is “don’t socialize but please do work” which would be dumb even if people would follow it

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress that, i'll stay inside when the government forces me to. want a covid free country, take country level action.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

did you hear the ridiculous name they came up with for this covid cure?

genrlstrike

where do they find these guys

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Segue posted:

this is loving ridiculous. ride public transit to your office job but don't even think about sitting on opposite ends of a driveway and chatting with family on a nice day. gently caress offfffffff.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I don't even know why there's so much opposition to just closing the loving schools. It seems like every year in Ontario there was some kind of strike or lockout when I was a student. Apparently it wasn't an issue when they didn't want to give teachers vacation days but now our entire society will collapse if we close them.

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

prom candy posted:

this is loving ridiculous. ride public transit to your office job but don't even think about sitting on opposite ends of a driveway and chatting with family on a nice day. gently caress offfffffff.

More bodies to feed the almighty number! MORE!

gently caress, imagine any of our stupid political parties was capable of ordering a proper lockdown. Lol

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
there are definitely families where both parents work and can’t afford to pay for someone to watch over their kid(s) or have one parent not work, that is real challenge for some but you’d hope some sort of system or credit could be given

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
MOLOCH DEMANDS MORE CHILDREN!

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Do it ironically posted:

there are definitely families where both parents work and can’t afford to pay for someone to watch over their kid(s) or have one parent not work, that is real challenge for some but you’d hope some sort of system or credit could be given

Seems like a solution here would be to shut down the parents work and then pay them to stay home

Too crazy and difficult though for Canada!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
that’s just crazy, we need people to go to their office so their employer can make sure they aren’t wearing sweat pants or joking with their family while working

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Salean posted:

are the gloryholes still open ??!!

unless someone advises me otherwise i will assume you can’t get covid from blowjobs

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

DariusLikewise posted:

unless someone advises me otherwise i will assume you can’t get covid from blowjobs

just wear a dental dam, you’ll be fine

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mediaphage posted:

just wear a dental dam, you’ll be fine

Careful, whatever you do you don't want to aspirate. Virus laden plumes of semen are the worst.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
viral load

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, can the virus spread through semen? I thought one of the things said during the "wear a mask during sex" press release time was that it couldn't spread through semen.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Either way, their industry has been dying since the Diamond Princess

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

prom candy posted:

viral load

:discourse:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

15 new deaths in manitoba today, that’s like 165 in one day in ontario

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/andrewneville/status/1328553844352159747?s=20

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Starks posted:

I don't even know why there's so much opposition to just closing the loving schools. It seems like every year in Ontario there was some kind of strike or lockout when I was a student. Apparently it wasn't an issue when they didn't want to give teachers vacation days but now our entire society will collapse if we close them.

Closed schools means more parents stay home and can't work as much requiring more government support that was supposed to be impossible and break down society as we know it but it didn't and people cannot be left to think about that for long.

Also the Ontario PC's absolutely despise teachers. If given the option, they will always go with the more spiteful one that causes more suffering. Especially during emergency situations like this with people at their most vulnerable and reliant upon authority.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1328815025662914561

went on public transit today for the first time since society broke. big mistake. I'll probably die soon. dont cry for me. tell Justin gently caress you.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I apologize in advance but I need to rant some place where nobody actually knows me. The Alberta government is vindictive as gently caress and so anything done in public blows back on my clinic (family/addictions medicine, YEG).

Today I saw a patient who doesn't have the 'rona but she does have a huge drat nasal tumour and her ENT surgeons are gonna have to peel her face off and reconstruct it using her forearm. And THEN she gets to have chemo. She's scared that her kids are going to grow up without a mom. I spent an hour with her and then I cried for the first time in a long while at work. And then I snapped at my staff, and yelled at my kid because he was a shithead (apologized for both), and now instead of spending time with my kids I'm spending my evening helping out (online) with our COVID isolation shelter. Doesn't help that I woke up today and coughed twice and had to do that horrible calculus between overcalling it and leaving my colleagues hanging, and undercalling it and potentially infecting someone.

The exhaustion comes because in addition to fighting the goddamn plague, I have to see my patients get railroaded off of AISH - seriously, the government just hosed over every AISH recipient so they could move one payment to the next fiscal! I know people who lost homes over this! - and I have to see my kids go through the pantomime lunacy of online schooling in an underresourced system, and I help manage a university that's on the verge of collapse because of an absolute hatchet job of a budget because my province put all our eggs in the non-renewable resources basket and WHOOPS turns out setting sludge on fire isn't a winning proposition anymore. I get to see the ruination of everything under education, post-secondary eductation, human services, AND healthcare. So my life would be a lot goddamn easier if my province wasn't run by a bunch of ideologue fuckwits.

This is the closest to full on burnout I've ever felt in my career, and I have tons of support and a fantastic bunch of colleagues. I also have red wine and escitalopram, so there's that.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
holy poo poo dude, that is loving insane.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
it’s really tough especially in Alberta I’m worried about my in laws, my father in law had polio as a child and never had full use of his one leg, he’s old enough now that a wheelchair will happen sooner than later and he’s high risk if he gets covid.

ideally we’d get my spouses parents over to BC with us but they’re on a tight budget and during all of covid my wife lost her job and with kids of our own we are just making sure everything will be good for us

kenney is an evil gently caress I fully believe he’s trying to break health care in Alberta so he can move in privatization, stay safe

I’m definitely having more alcohol than normal this past whatever months, wish people had more empathy for each other

Do it ironically has issued a correction as of 06:42 on Nov 18, 2020

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I really hope alberta gets that circuit breaker lockdown, at minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Albino Squirrel posted:

I apologize in advance but I need to rant some place where nobody actually knows me. The Alberta government is vindictive as gently caress and so anything done in public blows back on my clinic (family/addictions medicine, YEG).

Today I saw a patient who doesn't have the 'rona but she does have a huge drat nasal tumour and her ENT surgeons are gonna have to peel her face off and reconstruct it using her forearm. And THEN she gets to have chemo. She's scared that her kids are going to grow up without a mom. I spent an hour with her and then I cried for the first time in a long while at work. And then I snapped at my staff, and yelled at my kid because he was a shithead (apologized for both), and now instead of spending time with my kids I'm spending my evening helping out (online) with our COVID isolation shelter. Doesn't help that I woke up today and coughed twice and had to do that horrible calculus between overcalling it and leaving my colleagues hanging, and undercalling it and potentially infecting someone.

The exhaustion comes because in addition to fighting the goddamn plague, I have to see my patients get railroaded off of AISH - seriously, the government just hosed over every AISH recipient so they could move one payment to the next fiscal! I know people who lost homes over this! - and I have to see my kids go through the pantomime lunacy of online schooling in an underresourced system, and I help manage a university that's on the verge of collapse because of an absolute hatchet job of a budget because my province put all our eggs in the non-renewable resources basket and WHOOPS turns out setting sludge on fire isn't a winning proposition anymore. I get to see the ruination of everything under education, post-secondary eductation, human services, AND healthcare. So my life would be a lot goddamn easier if my province wasn't run by a bunch of ideologue fuckwits.

This is the closest to full on burnout I've ever felt in my career, and I have tons of support and a fantastic bunch of colleagues. I also have red wine and escitalopram, so there's that.

gently caress the UCP

Fellow Albertan thanking you and hoping you can keep going. I'll keep up my solidarity support for AUPE. Good news is it really looks like the general public have turned against this shithead