Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I would maybe vote Grandi, his whole tone has felt very off today. Very: “How do you do fellow kids,” sorta thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh that must be another Rarity, I bet she was very cool

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi!

Thoughts on amni?

To answer your question, post padding is something happens pretty much literally every game, every game day, as every aligment. I refuse to believe that someone with as many games under their belt like you actually believes that as enough of a scumtell to vote someone.

Yeah and Hal's original post was a really natural-sounding comment to me, like, welp I'm stuck in a really dumb boring meeting so of course I'm desperately checking mafia more than usual, time to pad up my postcount! Like really casual self-deprecating small talk that's not over the top or anything, and she comes in all "LOOK HE ADMITTED TO PADDING POSTCOUNT BEEP BOOP SCUM BEHAVIOUR DETECTED"

I only thought it was townie at first cause she once pulled something equally dumb on me, saying "BEEP BOOP BIF CALLED HERSELF TOWNIEST TOWN THIS IS SCUM BEHAVIOUR" (even though that's a thing I say in a shitload of games, most of which I am town in) but in that game she then followed it up with a shitload more casing of higher quality. Here not so much.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Ceyton's point here is very fair actually, but... I will keep this in mind, cause if you're town after all this could be an attempt to tip things off Rarity onto you. I'm getting a little nervous that this could be happening.

Bif is starting to ping as scum as me but it's mostly a ~*gut read*~. Like she says she's nervous here but I'm not picking that up in her tone at all

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Amnistar posted:

Yami's post implies I think it would be "easy" to get AC executed because they have a learning disability. That is a line I'm unwilling to cross when it comes to forum games.

I really don't think that was what Yami was saying

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Bif is starting to ping as scum as me but it's mostly a ~*gut read*~. Like she says she's nervous here but I'm not picking that up in her tone at all

Lol you've somehow found something even more tenuous this time

I'm towniest town birch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

AC’s dropping of a learning disorder feels very hard like they’re looking for a way to get Amni off their back

This is a scum play that I don't think anyone on SA would do and I extra don't think AC would do it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Go home Sandwolf you're drunk

Bif's also doing the whole 'get real pissy and act like a dick' defence strategy that I always end up using as scum as well

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Bif's also doing the whole 'get real pissy and act like a dick' defence strategy that I always end up using as scum as well

I was kinda hoping my cool friend Sandwolf would just tone things down before he embarrassed himself too much when he was sounding like kind of a big dick towards AC there but wow ok

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Rarity posted:

This is a scum play that I don't think anyone on SA would do and I extra don't think AC would do it

In my opinion, it’s not unfair or emotionally manipulative to be like: “I was posting like x there because I have y condition,” as either town or scum, as long as it’s real.

I don’t think it’s unfair to cite real things to explain posting. For example, scum and town are equally likely to hit a mental rough patch that could affect their play. Saying “I am dealing with irl issues that are affecting my posting,” is not being manipulative (as long as it’s true).

Conversely, I don’t think someone saying “I was posting like x there because I have y condition” should immediately be some sort of townie white flag.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Hoping Rarity fakeclaims Garnet cause she should be the one in the pickle

I already claimed Blank!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

I was kinda hoping my cool friend Sandwolf would just tone things down before he embarrassed himself too much when he was sounding like kind of a big dick towards AC there but wow ok

The audacity of me, to call someone else in this game, of social deception, scummy, wow, where do I get off

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi!

Thoughts on amni?

The whole 'not paying attention to things' point is a good one, although I don't think he's my #1 scum pick at this point. His response to spotting AC's disclosure felt like legit remorse

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

The audacity of me, to call someone else in this game, of social deception, scummy, wow, where do I get off

Eh your tone was getting pretty aggressive too, and the combo wasn't well timed. I literally did think you were drunk, was I wrong?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It was loving noon here Bif

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

I only thought it was townie at first cause she once pulled something equally dumb on me, saying "BEEP BOOP BIF CALLED HERSELF TOWNIEST TOWN THIS IS SCUM BEHAVIOUR" (even though that's a thing I say in a shitload of games, most of which I am town in) but in that game she then followed it up with a shitload more casing of higher quality. Here not so much.

Casing you is easier cause you post a lot more than Hal does :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes you getting needlessly aggressive is definitely isolated to Sandwolf and not something you're doing in general

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol you've somehow found something even more tenuous this time

I'm towniest town birch

Oh oops

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

It was loving noon here Bif

Lol well I was thinking "Jeez mate ease off" and not about timezones

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Lol well I was thinking "Jeez mate ease off" and not about timezones

Ease off of what? Not giving AC some kind of free pass because of some unrelated irl poo poo? Following what my gut is telling me?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Yes you getting needlessly aggressive is definitely isolated to Sandwolf and not something you're doing in general

Oh oops

Mate you got no idea what my "needlessly aggressive" or "real pissy" really looks like

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looking at the player list and like half the game hasn't even posted?

Anyway I'm gonna ##vote Grandicap based on the comments I made in my catchup, would also be on board with lynching Bif/Amni/Steak in that order of preference.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Ease off of what? Not giving AC some kind of free pass because of some unrelated irl poo poo? Following what my gut is telling me?

Off this

Sandwolf posted:

Holy poo poo Amni what is happening. There are scum scummy loving people in this game, Amni isn’t one of them. I’m nearly positive this is town Amni, I’m nearly positive AC is scum, and this is a big nasty plot to push against scum.

AC’s dropping of a learning disorder feels very hard like they’re looking for a way to get Amni off their back. AC’s ‘posting-frantically-six-times-in-a-row’ thing on Amni’s light pressure is so insanely scum_caught.mp4.

So let’s figure out who’s being scummy and pushing Amni.

At least when you started, you claimed that you felt the "dropping of a learning disorder" was specifically and purposely done to find a way to get Amni off their back. This didn't feel like a real happy way for the case to go.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I do get what you're getting at overall though and agree that you can still make an AC case, though I'm not likely to agree with it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No I’m p much at a point where I literally can’t pursue AC because half the game has come in and gone: well AC wouldn’t namedrop some unrelated irl poo poo if she was scum. So I’m gonna drop it, but everything in my gut is telling me she is scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m just working myself up again, I’ll be back when I’m good n stoned and hopefully not so frustrated by this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why don't you just case me instead then ya big baby I thought I was supposed to be scum!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

For real though hope you are good and chilled soon mate

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

for the record I drop this kind of information regardless of alignment because it's genuinely important for understanding my posts

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, I mentioned that "all questions are genuine," meaning wanting answers I'm not trying to code disability = town jebus I can now see how that looks

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Sandwolf posted:

No I’m p much at a point where I literally can’t pursue AC because half the game has come in and gone: well AC wouldn’t namedrop some unrelated irl poo poo if she was scum. So I’m gonna drop it, but everything in my gut is telling me she is scum.

What half the thread is saying is that it's not unrelated, though?

The entire start of amni's case was about this:

apostateCourier posted:

I know it's day 1 but is there a why?

In response to this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will not vote mills or taste at any point

Today I won’t vote for anyone not named squiggly

##vote squiggly

which does look weird without the information. With it it's understandable.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yami Fenrir posted:

What half the thread is saying is that it's not unrelated, though?

The entire start of amni's case was about this:

In response to this:

which does look weird without the information. With it it's understandable.

Literally none of this is my case.

My case on AC was:

I didn’t like their super serious post early on in D1 in the middle of jokevote. It felt very discordant and like someone tryin to ascertain extra info casually.

AC later defended that exact fishing for information with a LOT of words explaining why her actions were all very townie and only town motivated and demonstrating how much she had thought about how her actions should be interpreted. Rings of “caught for the wrong reasons.”

I *also* said AC responding to some light pressure by Amni with about six posts per Amni post is scummy, and it’s nothing to do with her needing to ask questions, it has everything to do with her seeming to get extremely anxious when pressured.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Even more frustrating, I’ve already made those arguments, but you folk instead immediately tried to paint me as some kind of reprehensible dick for not immediately dropping suspicion of AC.

For the record, AC, I don’t think you’ve done anything bad here, you’re playing totally above board imo

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Good afternoon. I’m not touching the AC thing today, mainly because it feels gross to try to deduce *anything* in regards to alignment after how some of that discussion went. That isn’t a free pass indefinitely, but in a 20+ person game there HAVE to be better options today.

Speaking of better options, I recall getting bad vibes from Rarity before she really started accumulating votes- I’m gonna go back and look at that to confirm.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh also ##unvote

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

##unvote I’ve been slammed with stuff til last night then got much needed sleep, I’m gonna read through everything in a bit.

Sorry for being so lurky

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Rarity posted:

I think this is the most active I've ever seen Hal play

Hal Incandenza posted:

doubtful!

Is this shade? OR a compliment?

Rarity posted:

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947283&userid=200217]

Neither really :v:

Rarity posted:

##vote Hal

He just admitted his posting is for show and not because he cares about finding scum

Ah, it was this one, which other pointed out too and I guess wasn’t *all* that much before votes started coming in. Regardless, I don’t feel like this exchange was/is in good faith.

Still reviewing, but I would vote here.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gonna be real here, i barely got any sleep so i went to work early and now im tired and i dont want to read a ton of posts, can anybody summarize what the hell is going on

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Amni claimed with basically no provocation- not great for D1 but probably verifiable later anyway. Checked a few of the other cases made out, nothing rings super true to me, so ##vote Rarity.

I’m aware this probably seems like a bit of a lazy vote, and I’m open to moving if something compelling comes up (and I should be around most of the day), but this is the only real scum ping I’ve had so far.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

in three bullet points someone tell me why Rarity is scum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok add Ref to my would vote list for coming in and going 'oh yes the most suspected player I would vote them, I totally thought they were scum earlier I just didn't say so'