Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flair posted:

Okay, noticing some weird buggy things since the update:

1. Dvalin's neck is harder to climb. Sometimes I just clip through.

2. Statue only auto healing to me full HP minus 1.

I noticed both of these last night as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Alright just hit 45 and did the ascension so WL6 woo. :toot:

Been saving the weekly bosses so hopefully the difficulty spike is not too bad.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flair posted:

Okay, noticing some weird buggy things since the update:

1. Dvalin's neck is harder to climb. Sometimes I just clip through. I almost lost to this easy boss because I could not hit his weakpoint, and his boss battle has a soft time limit.

2. Statue only auto healing to me full HP minus 1.

I had the latter a few days before the last update, and it went away after I adjusted the character's gear, so I think that one might just be a rounding issue from artifact HP% bonuses.

Former, I'm not sure if I've noticed it being worse or not this time versus before. It really feels like it depends a lot on where you are when you make him fall; if he walls on top of you it'll be a pain trying to not go through him, but if you're sufficiently to the side (preferably your left/his right) you can usually jump right on, from what I've seen.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Childe has two incredible tools. His normal attacks are amazing, they blow things up with riptide and give him tons of energy there's not much to it, you don't need more than 50% crit rate.

The other one is his melee form Q does huge single-hit damage using one of the only elements that has a 2x damage amplifier reaction. You can get mona-level vaporizes using him very easily (and with a fatter multiplier).

Xiangling is excellent for the first game plan, pyronado will get vaporizes through its entire duration and gyouba isn't useless. Bennett is imo currently the best at setting up vaporizes for Childe.

This also means that depending on what you're biased towards his best weapon changes. Rust is great to buff his normals but doesn't have any special synergy with his Q, Stringless gives elemental mastery which boosts vaporize but doesn't do anything with his normal attacks. Viridescent Hunt is somewhere in the middle because it buffs both (by letting you use a crit dmg helm instead of a crit rate helm). Skyward Harp is just better than all of the above so obviously you'd use that if you had it.

I'm currently using Rust but will be getting Viridescent Hunt for Fischl anyways so might try it out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

quote:

By claculations for total damage in 30 sec. (28 normal hits + 2 EB)/sec.

Skyward Harp = 4281/sec.

Stringless = 4118/sec. (but weak normal shots in archer mode)

Rust = 3856/sec.

Amos = 3816/sec.

Blackcliff = 3703/sec. (in non-boss battles).

Viridescent = 3642/sec.

Raven = 3430/sec.

From some dude on reddit, can't really say how accurate it is tho.

Kild fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 14, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Last I heard Stringless didn't work with his normal attacks and only applied to the initial AOE... I haven't tested it though.

I'd need the link because there isn't really an easy way to calculate how much damage 25% crit rate is, it's totally contingent on what your crit damage is.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 14, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No Wave posted:

Last I heard Stringless didn't work with his normal attacks and only applied to the initial AOE... I haven't tested it though.

I'd need the link because there isn't really an easy way to calculate how much damage 25% crit rate is, it's totally contingent on what your crit damage is.

It's mostly for the burst damage since its such a huge multi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jse521/bows_that_workdont_work_with_childes_melee_mode/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Appreciate the link. Two EBs every 15 seconds is impossible so idk why he went with that for the final DPS chart.

He's also using crit numbers that are just too low to accurate describe the crit rate weapons. He's using base crit rate and base crit damage which will make Hunt and Harp look substantially worse than they are.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 14, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It's 2 EBs in 30 seconds which is possible because its cooldown is 15s isn't it?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My bad, I misread it.

The Stringless would pull insanely ahead of the other 4*s if his Qs were actually set up for vaporize as well due to its innate EM.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 14, 2020

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

originally i was expecting stringless to work on his melee autos and was pretty disappointed when i tested it, but im glad its still good (though i have way too many characters id like to use my one bow on)

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Well got C0 Childe from the pity but the only 4 star bow I got is the Favonious. Are the forgeable bows any good?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I'm using Kaeya over Chongyun for my Cryo because I prefer the Sword moveset over the Greatsword. I've given Kaeya a 3 Star Fillet Blade (level 60) and I have two more Fillet Blades. Should I sacrifice the extra Fillet Blades to the main Fillet Blade for increased attack damage if Gash procs?

Gash: On hit, has 50% chance to deal 240% ATK DMG to a single enemy. Can only occur once every 15s. The stats in italics will improve upon refinement.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Amuys posted:

Well got C0 Childe from the pity but the only 4 star bow I got is the Favonious. Are the forgeable bows any good?
None of them is great. Probably the most annoying thing about Childe is the craftables are so lame. I'd go Crescent if you're totally f2p, Viridescent Hunt if you're buying BP. Crescent is a totally mediocre weapon but Compound and Favonious are quite bad fits for Childe.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 14, 2020

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Helical Nightmares posted:

I'm using Kaeya over Chongyun for my Cryo because I prefer the Sword moveset over the Greatsword. I've given Kaeya a 3 Star Fillet Blade (level 60) and I have two more Fillet Blades. Should I sacrifice the extra Fillet Blades to the main Fillet Blade for increased attack damage if Gash procs?

Gash: On hit, has 50% chance to deal 240% ATK DMG to a single enemy. Can only occur once every 15s. The stats in italics will improve upon refinement.

You shouldn't be using a 3* sword on a main DPS but if you are then definitely refine it to max.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Helical Nightmares posted:

You will get many more fillet blades. I would strongly encourage you to craft a prototype rancour instead though, it is a very good fit for DPS Kaeya.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a way to access the web event from outside the game?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
i got a new 144mhz gsync monitor which really does not play nice with genshin. screen starts to 'flicker' after a while. has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it? any ideas on how to smooth it out?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Amuys posted:

I've been using the Compound Bow as as stopgap until I get to BP level 30, and while it's not ideal when it comes to pumping his damage during his burst phase, it does make him more useful when his stuff is on cooldown as it gives his normal bow attacks a real punch. I'd recommend it over the other craftable one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't know how this game manages the visual distances it does. You can literally see Mondstadt (the city) from the top of the Jade Chamber, as well as some other stuff like Stormterror's lair. And details are still loaded in, like I can see some updraft on Cape Oath.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Jinnigan posted:

i got a new 144mhz gsync monitor which really does not play nice with genshin. screen starts to 'flicker' after a while. has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it? any ideas on how to smooth it out?

Try setting Vsync Off. You'll notice that the game is locked to 60 btw

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ytlaya posted:

I don't know how this game manages the visual distances it does. You can literally see Mondstadt (the city) from the top of the Jade Chamber, as well as some other stuff like Stormterror's lair. And details are still loaded in, like I can see some updraft on Cape Oath.

I know, it's utterly insane.

On that note, if you climb up to that retreat spot above the mountain, there's another huge peak you can see. Is that Dragonspine? It looks a bit too close.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Extremely careful asset placement and smart level of detail system combined with a mostly fixed movement speed to stop the client moving faster than the game can handle streaming new assets would be my guess.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I was roaming Liyue looking for cor lapis to make compasses for the last few geoculi I needed and found all three (plus a lot of chests) while I was bumming around. I get so lost in the Stone Forest/Jueyun Karst/Cujie Slope area.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ytlaya posted:

While gliding around Jueyun Karst, I noticed that the game tends to spawn vision-obscuring cloud cover once you fall down to a certain altitude. It might be there to cover up the transition between the regular, detailed models and a less-detailed map used for far-off objects (like the incomplete models you can see past the zone walls).

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Floor 12 ice floor effect getting you down? Don't need to worry about stamina if you never have to dodge! /taps forehead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasHTCOmQc0

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Sounds like some of the dialog for Childe was mis-translated after the boss fight which is why he comes across as more of an rear end in a top hat than intended

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jtrb1b/psa_extremely_important_mistranslation_on_one_of/

Surprising because in many ways the localization has been so good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yo for real have your DPS ready to level to 80 when you hit AR40 or you are in for a rough time.

Things have gotten real for my level 70 dudes.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Yo for real have your DPS ready to level to 80 when you hit AR40 or you are in for a rough time.

Yeah mine was stuck at 70 (and my backups at 60-70) for a level or two and it was... unpleasant. Definitely prioritize levels and ascensions on your mains if you're close to a world level up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just realized that Ningguang is voiced by the same voice actor as Beatrice from Umineko!

Also just finally finished chapter 3 (which is why I was mentioning the Jade Chamber before). It was very neat and surprisingly difficult (would have had a hard time with Childe fight if not for Jean, and I could see the part where you defend the ballistas being pretty tough if you don't have high enough DPS). I'm pretty excited to see what they do with Inazuma in the future.

Bloody Emissary posted:

While gliding around Jueyun Karst, I noticed that the game tends to spawn vision-obscuring cloud cover once you fall down to a certain altitude. It might be there to cover up the transition between the regular, detailed models and a less-detailed map used for far-off objects (like the incomplete models you can see past the zone walls).

I think that effect is just on purpose aesthetically, since I don't see any effect like that from on top of the jade chamber

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So, is there any point in doing the spiral abyss if I can't 3-star a challenge? I don't have the dps to reach that 3rd star on 6-2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

i'm still running around with lv70 DPS at AR45 so i'm not sure what the issue is. it wasn't until this WL increase that monsters even reliably went over my level to start decreasing my damage significantly

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SpazmasterX posted:

The real infuriating thing about Oceanid is those stupid crabs that will hit you multiple times without fail and no one can track fast enough to attack them safely.

RareAcumen posted:

) Jesus Christ that Oceanid is a nightmare, I just tried fighting it for the first time ever and I could only barely beat like, a bird of some kind before being killed (Granted it was level 50 and red so I was very underleveled for it) but I never managed to escape a single one of its AOE attacks in the process.

if you guys aren't crafting a Dessicant Potion for Oceanid I highly recommend it -- 25% doesn't sound like all that much, but it unfailingly makes the fight much less annoying

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The advice to always have your characters ready to level never made sense to me. World bosses are extremely predictable, the only ones you could have real trouble with after fighting them a dozen times are Geo and Oceanid and that would be the first thing you're going to do after you raise your WL so it doesn't really make a difference if you do it before or after.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Me: Jesus 33 is going to take me a month to get through this is hell.
This thread: Be careful of leveling to 40 too fast!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If like me you got hosed by RNG and didn't get a Xinqiu, you can do floor 10-3 by putting Barbara on the first team and Lisa on the second. Her burst destroys the fire abyss mage shields so you can use Barbara for the pyrogunners. I finally got past that lovely floor then 6 starred floor 11 first attempt.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Soothing Vapors posted:

if you guys aren't crafting a Dessicant Potion for Oceanid I highly recommend it -- 25% doesn't sound like all that much, but it unfailingly makes the fight much less annoying

I was struggling really hard with oceanid a while back but then i leveled up Lisa and now it is the easiest boss in the whole game 😅

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Soothing Vapors posted:

having 5x of every resist potion is a good idea. there was a fight in the new quest that I didn't see coming and they absolutely saved my rear end

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
So I got lucky on a fate that I got from leveling up my AR and pulled Mona off the standard banner, 75 before pity. I am not exactly sure what to do with her though.

For illustration purposes, here is my standard Abyss setup:

The top team is my main "exploration" team that I do things in the overworld. This breakdown of two teams actually stays pretty intact so far in Abyss as well, with a substitution once in a while. Any advice? Xingqiu seems pretty beastly, but he'd obviously work good with Chongyun as well. I am assuming I just want to max out Mona's burst and go from there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Mona is the best DMG support in the game. Simply switch to her, press Q, switch back to a bursty attack character such as your KLEE and boom.