Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think the workout club could still be together, they don't need to literally go on to make a team and Vedika, Bud & Harley would likely still be important characters regardless.

Also Undine has gone through enough guilt as-is, her revelations breaking up the entire group (except zoe i guess) would suck rear end imo

e: Also also, I joked about Gabby before but I think we're going to get some more out of her before the night's done regardless, they put a spotlight on how she specifically felt abotu Cassidy mroe than just being a grumpus https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-09
gabby to replace tessa in the icons as the 5th member

rannum fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tenebrais posted:

Speaking of Vedika, new page is up!

Poor girl. Bud, this is probably not the best time to be hammering her about her guilt.

Well, as shown in a previous page, Cassidy did say that Vedika did tell her something, so she is caught in a bit of a lie in saying that she did not tell anyone about it. That said, I do not think Vedika was being malicious; It could have been just an seemingly innocuous query from Cassidy that she quickly jumped to her own conclusions from. And Bud could be more tactful in confronting her about this.

EDIT: Let me put it this way: Bud isn't wrong, but there was a better way of going about it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 8, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Cassidy is a whole bundle of insecurities, lol.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Permanent page link

Guess Cassidy wasn't just like that with Undine. But then, she's like 13 or so, it's not exactly uncommon to think like that when you're only barely old enough to have a concept of other people.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cassidy definitely in the process of editing a vedika call out video when she got ganked

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also it feels more like 'vedika let a worry slip out when mindlinked with cassidy' than 'vedika expressed out loud her worries about undine'

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
In her training with Undine Vedika seemed pretty good at keeping her thoughts straight even when Undine was messing it up, I bet she just wanted to confide in a friend. Though I would be surprised if the idea of Goops is enough to break her focus.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

habeasdorkus posted:

Cassidy is a whole bundle of insecurities, lol.

Came here to post this exact sentence, was not disappointed that it was the very first post.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wanna see that owl.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
So, yeah, this looks like it's a second perspective on Chapter 7, Page 18, heading into the sequence where Undine first tells Kokoro about Goops.

Cassidy probably watched the entire sequence up until they both left.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bussamove posted:

Wanna see that owl.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bussamove posted:

Wanna see that owl.

Same

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

maltesh posted:

So, yeah, this looks like it's a second perspective on Chapter 7, Page 18, heading into the sequence where Undine first tells Kokoro about Goops.

Cassidy probably watched the entire sequence up until they both left.

I'm not so sure - this is presumably after Vedika has her training session with Undine, putting it in the timeskip in chapter 12.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Tenebrais posted:

I'm not so sure - this is presumably after Vedika has her training session with Undine, putting it in the timeskip in chapter 12.

No, I think it's the one in Chapter 7. Cassidy was spying on them in chapter 8, so we're probably about to see the lead-up to that.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Cassidy may have been spying for quite a while now. Would she have other reason to know anything about Undine's secret?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-30

about as innocuous as i figured this would be

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Cassidy. Honey. I get that you really like HP, but it's quite a leap from Vedika saying "She has something she can't tell us" to you going "Tell me what you're hiding or I'll shank you" on Undine.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mikl posted:

Cassidy. Honey. I get that you really like HP, but it's quite a leap from Vedika saying "She has something she can't tell us" to you going "Tell me what you're hiding or I'll shank you" on Undine.

Teenagers with super powers was a horrible idea in retrospect.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Cassidy: crazier with every page.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
on the bright side she won't be making that mistake again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cassidy was right :colbert:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And left. That is how that power works.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ragnar34 posted:

Cassidy: crazier with every page.

She's just very thirteen years old!

Maybe fourteen? She's almost certainly younger than Undine, anyway.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
She was super lovely. It's just that normal high schoolers who are lovely like that suffer some social exclusion. Unfortunately the stakes are way higher for magical girls.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Panel 3 is so cute. How had those girls not figured out they were in love yet? Honestly.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
HP had it figured out at least. It probably would have happened sooner if Undine weren't working through Some poo poo.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-16-page-31

Bud's getting pretty annoyed with all these secrets

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I bet Zoe is having second thoughts about attending this club right now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
How dare there be things Bud doesn't know beforehand? I'd be pissed too.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ashcans posted:

I bet Zoe is having second thoughts about attending this club right now.

zoe next page, wanting to fit in: I-I teamed up with another girl who doesnt even go to the school!

bud: not what I meant

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In fairness, Undine keeping secrets has already led directly to the death of one club member, and more may yet follow!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rand Brittain posted:

In fairness, Undine keeping secrets has already led directly to the death of one club member, and more may yet follow!

That's not what "led directly" means

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's not what "led directly" means

Okay, fair; Undine keeping secrets has already led indirectly to the death of one club member!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Honestly Cassidy felt like a timebomb waiting to happen no matter the scenario. I mean we have the current one, of course. Undine told no one but it weighed on her mind so much that it leaked to Vedika and an innocuous comment was jumped on as an excuse to confirm her own suspicions.

but if Undine did tell everyone, I don't think Cassidy would have believed her at all. Even Bud's got a hard time taking all this in and she's fairly levelheaded, Cassidy's got a bunch of chips on her shoulders as-is. "Oh so we're just supposed to BELIEVE that someone pulled the strings and got all your friends killed?", that kind of thing

And lets say Undine didn't tell everyone as before, but also vedika didn't get Goop Vibes, Cassidy probably still would have confronted Undine eventually out of combination of jealousy and suspicion over Undine's entire situation.

Undine telling everyone is still for the best in the long term (though, again, I hope that this doesnt compltely break up the group because this rollercoaster of "hey this is nice THIS loving SUCKS this is niTHIS loving SUCKS" over the past in-universe day is enough as is and I'd like Undine to have longer standing nice time) but Cassidy was probably a foregone conclusion.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

rannum posted:

but if Undine did tell everyone, I don't think Cassidy would have believed her at all. Even Bud's got a hard time taking all this in and she's fairly levelheaded, Cassidy's got a bunch of chips on her shoulders as-is. "Oh so we're just supposed to BELIEVE that someone pulled the strings and got all your friends killed?", that kind of thing

Just reacting to a bit of what you said, but I think Bud normally seems levelheaded because she strives to avoid this exact situation of being blindsided by new information. She's probably the most agitated one in the room.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Just reacting to a bit of what you said, but I think Bud normally seems levelheaded because she strives to avoid this exact situation of being blindsided by new information. She's probably the most agitated one in the room.

There's probably something to be said for how smoothly she handled Cassidy vs how agitated she is here.
Pretty curious how this all plays it over the coming pages

Also kind of a fun reversal on this page https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-18
now bud's gettin' spicy!

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

I'm curious to know more about the reasons Bud is mad here, because my initial thought was that she's so into gathering info that this is a blow to her confidence, but I actually wonder if it's partially guilt going on. We know that she figured out Cassidy was keeping an eye on Undine and Kokoro before she said anything. In retrospect, she might think she should have done something about it, or maybe is worried her confrontation of Cassidy caused Cassidy's disappearance. I get the impression Bud takes a lot of pride in knowing information and being the smartest one in the room, and this is reveals she's not infallible.

I agree that it seems like Cassidy would have been set off by Undine and Kokoro's connection no matter what happened, though. The grim thing is that if they were normal teenagers it'd just be a cruddy teen love/friendship triangle, but since they're magical girls it led to Cassidy, y'know, dying (probably).

cropoval fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 19, 2020

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Bud is frustrated, because she was prepared for girls-kissing-girls news and this is a big letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

cropoval posted:

I'm curious to know more about the reasons Bud is mad here, because my initial thought was that she's so into gathering info that this is a blow to her confidence, but I actually wonder if it's partially guilt going on. We know that she figured out Cassidy was keeping an eye on Undine and Kokoro before she said anything. In retrospect, she might think she should have done something about it, or maybe is worried her confrontation of Cassidy caused Cassidy's disappearance. I get the impression Bud takes a lot of pride in knowing information and being the smartest one in the room, and this is reveals she's not infallible.

Bud also took charge of the situation between Cassidy and Undine, so she could easily feel responsible for how it all went.
And she was expecting some cheerful news to end the day on a light note, and didn't get that.
And learning about all this only now is a bit of a blow to her pride - there's a definite element of trying to stay in control with her that this has taken away.

I reckon it's all of this together that's getting to her.