Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is excruciating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ia, unvote.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
paging ia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote
There go I'll hammer, death would be a blessing at this point

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote ia

we're not gonna get anyone else at this rate and the rest of the game besides me and rf has abandoned it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I haven’t abandoned anything, don’t any of you do things at the weekend?

I’ll be posting once my Monday morning work splurge is finished, there’s plenty of time to actually do something and not just lazily coast through today, stop acting likes there’s no alternative but to end the day now.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

I haven’t abandoned anything, don’t any of you do things at the weekend?

I’ll be posting once my Monday morning work splurge is finished, there’s plenty of time to actually do something and not just lazily coast through today, stop acting likes there’s no alternative but to end the day now.

fair enough. but ia and stg have made firm claims that they wont move their votes, so our only options are ia, me, or rf/you if you vote yourself lol.

as for the "me" option, im saying up front imm a bomb and will auto-kill whoever hammers

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, no theres also we all vote stg.

but i think he's town fwiw

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote so that a highly unlikely scumrush doesnt occur

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no actually i dont give enough of a poo poo ##vote ia

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lol I said i was scum and not a bomb. Both of which are true, cowards.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Back in my day... Scum claims got taken seriously.

This newfangled, farfetched, dadgum, drawing out and endless posturing.

Geesh!

You noobs. You absolute noobs. Slimy turdpots. Stinking opossums. Dirty skunks.

Coward bones in your bodies.

I stand ready for judgment!

I stand at the mouth of deliverance, and I say to the celestial unknown, "I AM HERE! WHO SEES ME?"

*rips clothing from body majestically*

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Also... I swear on my oath as a somethingawful forums user and mafia superstar that I am not a bomb.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Or vengeful or anything potentially murderous.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I am going to come back to the scumclaim, I just want to put my thoughts down:

Scientastic posted:

Earlier points

I don't feel the need to rehash my earlier points around interactions with PMush, from that flip, RF and IA are scummiest, and STG and Steak look town.

Let's have a look at OA:

Idle Amalgam:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Honestly, I can't find a single mention or interaction with OA in IA's post history. Which is really weird. Scummy weird, because generally you would expect some level of interaction, and usually it's because scum are afraid to interact with a buddy and reveal too much.

Steak:

Mr. Steak posted:

Amnistar posted:

##vote Obama

I don't agree with either the RF or DB cases, personally. Gonna stick with my read here. Obama feels like scum.

Also, I appologize for my lack of participation, real life has been busy.

if you are town then youre doing your darndest to be not helpful

Mr. Steak posted:

db and rf both have compelling cases for them. the case on oa is just a huge shrug.

and why exactly do you not see the cases on db and rf?

Mr. Steak posted:

as for why i think oa is towny enough to disregard today:

pmush pretty transparently tried to get me lunched and oa was probably the most vocal person outside of scientastic to attack her for that push. i think a scum team would be more cooperative w each other's plans? lol

Not great from Steak on OA here. I don't like his reasoning for putting OA into his townie bracket. However, I still don't see him acting the way he did with PMush and being scum. The OA interaction makes me less sure of that, but Steak is still on my townie list.

RF:

Retro Futurist posted:

Again, nothing.

STG:

sirtommygunn posted:

I think we were dead lucky that OA got killed (presumably by Amnistar, unless someone else wants to claim credit for it) because he seems to have ghosted his way through the game. I can only see anything that constitutes an opinion on OA from one living player. And while I wrote that this made me suss when I wrote it, looking at it now, I think the fact that Steak mentioned him at all when other players seem to have been content to let him lurk without commenting on his alignment makes me think Steak is townier, rather than scummy. I'm not going back to edit my opinion though, gently caress that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

So that's a pretty boring way of saying that my opinions haven't changed since the PMush execution: IA and RF are scummy, Steak and STG are townie.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Now, onto the scum claim.

I do not understand the scum claim.

I don't understand it as a scum play, I don't understand it as a town play, I don't understand it as anything other than a jester, and I don't even really get that.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I don't agree with RF that a scum player would just give up and scum claim to give up the game. If that were the goal, they could just post a mod quote or fake a day action, or do something that just throws the game.

I think Steak is trying to go for the angle that IA is town and has a bomb, which he is hoping kills a scum player swooping in to hammer, but I'm not sure that works either. Correct me if I am wrong, Steak, obviously my interpretation of your posts could be incorrect.

The only thing I can think that makes sense is that IA is a jester, but even that doesn't make sense to me, because surely there are ways of doing that that aren't so bizarre and obvious: I am WIFOMing myself into a hole with that one.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And so, in the absence of understanding of the scumclaim, I think I need to go back to the posts and vote for the person I think is actually most likely to be scum.

And I think that's RF. I don't care if that makes people cross for not ending the day by hammering IA, I am going to stick to what I think is the right course of action, and vote for the person I think is scum.

##Vote RF

I appreciate that there are several hours until deadline, happy to move my vote to avoid a NL, but I think this is the right choice.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Also, I have a massive problem with the idea of IA having a bomb and this being a gambit:

The scenarios here are:

IA is the last scum and has no bomb, and is just trying to throw the game. In which case, he should just throw it, and I don't think his claim can be taken at face value.

IA is scum and has a bomb. The only way that makes sense as a gambit is if there are in fact two scum left (3t2s), in which case he takes a townie with him and we lose the game, as a successful NK means scum control the execution.

IA is town and has no bomb. So we lose a townie for no reason, and with one scum left, are in 3-person LYLO. With two scum left (I seriously doubt there are two scum left), we lose the game immediately.

IA is town and has a bomb. If a townie hammers him, we lose two townies and either lose the game if/when the 1 remaining scum player successfully NKs, or immediately if there are two scum.

There is no scenario here that makes sense to me, but the scum claim being taken on face value makes the least sense of all options. It strikes me as a misguided town gambit by a player who is trying to do something crazy to shake things up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote ia :redhammer:

Why on earth would a game go on for like 3 days after a Mylo scum claim good lord

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for the record i think ia is town with a bomb and VERY stubborn.

i also think there is 1 scum left and that it is scientastic.

in which case he hasn't fallen for ia's trap, unfortunately, so theres no point to keeping this vote here for rf to kill himself on purpose ##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WELL gently caress

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Keikaku

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote RF

I'm lunchproof

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote RF

I'm lunchproof

the last scum knew you were town the whole time, ia. it's sci for typing 500 words about why you're definitely lyig about the scumclaim and avoiding a potential bomb

##vote scientastic

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also for jumping through hoops to fake a townread on me all game, but thats less airtight lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Stop posting after hammer until the mod processes it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Idle Amalgam, ??? has been lunched!

....or have they?

They survive!

The day is over. It is now Night Five. Get yer night actions in, you have 24 hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Steak, Florida-style dinosaur thing, was killed on Night Five!

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You have received some Nuts & Berries Night Messenger! During the night phase, you can send up to three messages to another player. The messages will be anonymous.

Idle Amalgam, Amazing teeth, was killed on Night Five!

quote:

You are TOWN-ALIGNED! You win when all threats to Town are completely eliminated!

You have received DOUBLE VOTE TAFFY! Once during the game while you hold this role, you can vote twice! To cast your second vote, it must be in all caps in the thread, ##VOTE (BLANK)

---------------------

It is Day Six!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (3): Retro Futurist, Scientastic, sirtommygunn

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2020 at 8 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##vote Scientastic

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

##unvote

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Actually, on second thought, it's still ##vote scientastic

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Unvote me before RF notices the thread is open, you’re throwing the game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I had a one-shot tracker and used it on RF last night, and he went to visit Steak, he is scum

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##Vote RF

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

You tracked? Then how did 2 people die last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

He also is scum because of his appallingly scummy posting