Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wait, is the US disc version of Last Guardian a version capped at 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don't complain or they might just patch a cap in at 15

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is the easiest way to track when the PS5 goes in stock somewhere still just by following Wario64? I feel bad for a friend, we've been tracking PS5 news and updates together since forever and I was after the disc version, so I managed to snag one, but not a digital one. I got 2 disc ones because I figured, "if he can't get a digital, disc would be the best bet" but he super doesn't want the disc one seeing as we game share, he's probably never put a disc in his PS4, and that $100 he saves could be used on one of the few games we both wanna get. But now I'm just sitting on a spare PS5 for a few weeks for a worst case scenario where we can't secure a digital.

But yeah, is the best way to just follow Wario64 and hope for a random restock somewhere? The timed Walmart release was a shitshow all around.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LODGE NORTH posted:

But yeah, is the best way to just follow Wario64 and hope for a random restock somewhere? The timed Walmart release was a shitshow all around.
Pretty much. I think physical is a done deal until after the holidays because "Massive Covid outbreak at Target due to PS5 superbrawl" is a headline no one wants.

Also hard to feel sorry for your bud that's like "UGH, I wanted the *red* Ferrari with the CHARCOAL interior ugh what trash ugh"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is the easiest way to track when the PS5 goes in stock somewhere still just by following Wario64? I feel bad for a friend, we've been tracking PS5 news and updates together since forever and I was after the disc version, so I managed to snag one, but not a digital one. I got 2 disc ones because I figured, "if he can't get a digital, disc would be the best bet" but he super doesn't want the disc one seeing as we game share, he's probably never put a disc in his PS4, and that $100 he saves could be used on one of the few games we both wanna get. But now I'm just sitting on a spare PS5 for a few weeks for a worst case scenario where we can't secure a digital.

Where do you live, goon?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ps5 to ps4 streaming works so much better that ps4 to pc/vita ever did on the same network. Ive had zero hitches, noticeable latency, or resolution drops while testing

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Where do you live, goon?

DMV area~

FilthyImp posted:

Pretty much. I think physical is a done deal until after the holidays because "Massive Covid outbreak at Target due to PS5 superbrawl" is a headline no one wants.

Also hard to feel sorry for your bud that's like "UGH, I wanted the *red* Ferrari with the CHARCOAL interior ugh what trash ugh"

Yeah, honestly, if any other site other than Walmart had stock and released them, I probably would've managed to get one. I feel like announcing the exact time (times even) made it super easy for bots to just set the URL up and go to work right when the clock ticked over to 12, 3, 6, and 9.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

The original version didn't have a cap because it never would get over 30 in the first place. They were able to fix it somewhat before releasing it in US but capped it at 30 so it still wouldn't be all over the place. If course on PS5 it can easily run 60 if it isn't capped

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

I've been checking nowinstock.net and signed up for their Telegram app channel, I got a pretty on-time notification the last time Sony Direct went up but wasn't super engaged at the moment so didn't manage to get one. There is also a chat down towards the bottom of their ps5 listing page that has its fair share of trolls and shitposters but also a lot of people genuinely sharing anecdotal evidence of where stock might be. The general mood seems to be that it's very unlikely anything will pop up before Black Friday. Popfindr has stock counts that have been reported as somewhat accurate by some in this thread, I'm showing 0 at all stores in my area atm.

That being said if your friend really doesn't want that extra disc one I live in VA and would be very willing to trek to you for it or pay for whatever shipping might be. But super understand if you want to give your friend time to think on it or just plain not sell it, not trying to put any pressure just working off desperation at this point lol.

Good luck to all who are still hunting!

P.S. just to hype up Lodge I had an amazing experience getting Windows/Office/Adobe CC keys from them in their SA Mart thread. Lodge rules!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lines at the DMV are already so bad I can't imagine that combined with lines to buy a new console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Uhh miles has swapped models with a pallet of boxes in some sort of glitch and in just swinging around (see web in pic) like this

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Hey so it turns out if you have a friend with PS4 and PS+, you can log onto their account on your PS5 and claim all of the games from the PS+ Collection, which they can then play on their PS4. I just did it for my cousin.

Neat.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Welp it looks like my wife got a dud. She got it setup and updated and was scrolling through her library to download a few games and the screen flashed green for a sec and the ps5 let out a loud beep for about 5 seconds and now it'll power on for a second before turning off again. We did all the troubleshooting steps but I'm pretty sure it's toast. Gonna contact them in the morning for a replacement, hopefully it doesn't take forever.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Real hurthling! posted:

Uhh miles has swapped models with a pallet of boxes in some sort of glitch and in just swinging around (see web in pic) like this

This is hilarious but does highlight an incoming issue with the new console generation.

In their effort to just stuff PCs inside shells, we are now opening ourselves up to some of the issues PC gaming has. Miles Morales has already hard locked my system once and forced me to quit and restart a second time. I don't think I ever encountered a hard lock on a console ever before and this happened day 1 for PS5.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I never played Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 pro but hot drat it looks and plays amazing on the ps5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ahh now im a gentlemans magazine called top form fighting some goons

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My work here is done!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Imhotep posted:

Has anyone been playing The Pathless? I’ve been too busy with Demon’s Souls and Yakuza 7 to really get into it, but I love the movement system, combining simple archery with a boost meter and an eagle buddy to glide between targets, which give you more momentum, etc.

I’ve been waiting for some goons to beat it and tell me if you get $40 out of it.

Lobok posted:

Anyone having issues with controllers keeping a charge? Is the front USB port not supposed to be for the controller?

I’m running my headphone charger and controller charger out of the 2 ports in the back and the headphone dongle from the front. Also you can configure the USB port charging settings so that they are always on or turn off after a little while.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MarcusSA posted:

I never played Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4 pro but hot drat it looks and plays amazing on the ps5.

Definitely grabbing a copy for :10bux: on Black Friday. Procrastinating about picking up Horizon Zero Dawn forever is paying off big time!

Now I just have to figure out which version of Kingdom Hearts 3 and Dragon Quest XI to buy. DQ11 in particular has me baffled. The original PS4 release has the best graphics, but the Switch version has extra content, and the PS4 port of the Switch version has worse graphics but all the extra content I think?

Buying games in 2020 is so complicated. :psyduck:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Megasabin posted:

This is hilarious but does highlight an incoming issue with the new console generation.

In their effort to just stuff PCs inside shells, we are now opening ourselves up to some of the issues PC gaming has. Miles Morales has already hard locked my system once and forced me to quit and restart a second time. I don't think I ever encountered a hard lock on a console ever before and this happened day 1 for PS5.

The PS4 / xbone were essentially just PCs inside shells, too.

They just didn't come out in the middle of a pandemic with firmware and OS hot out of the oven.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m actually really disappointed in HZD’s performance on the PS5, seems like it’s locked to 30fps and almost looks like Aloy animates at even less than that, like the Into the Spiderverse costume in Miles Morales. Makes me queasy to look at.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Bugs and crashes come from lack of QA, not the x86 architecture. If PS5s are unreliable it's because Sony rushed them out

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Miles Morales hard locking the PS5 on day 1 really spooked me! I haven’t had that specific issue again, and it hasn’t happened with Bugsnax or Demon’s Souls yet. I’m not really concerned because I know SONY have pretty decent customer service and if my console frags itself in the first year I’m sure the warranty will cover me since I bought it directly from SONY.

But yeah I’m nervous I’m gonna download Cyberpunk and it’ll basically just be the Babel Fish virus from Snow Crash.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

My work here is done!

lmfao

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
What happened to the guy who had all the PS5's and was dickwaving? Did he get robbed or something. I mean, yeah, gently caress that guy, but not to the point of being attacked or hurt.

For UK goons trying their luck on Thursday - is it better to refresh poo poo Wednesday night at midnight? I'm not living in UK, so that's 2 AM for me which sucks...but we gotta do what we gotta do!

Also, I know there's a chance, but if I get a defective unit, returns are gonna be a reaaaal hassle. I will roll the dice and quote this when I post that my PS5 is defective.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Three days to go for Euro goons! I'm excited for all of these playstation 4 games that I never got to play. I have analysis paralysis just trying to decide which one to play first! (It'll be the spider-mans)

I'm a bit confused about their 3d audio, I keep seeing it'll work fine on "compatible headsets", but I have no idea which ones are compatible. I literally just got a HyperX Cloud Alpha S and it'll suck if they don't take full advantage of it.

VVV That's good to hear, thanks!

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 16, 2020

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'm a bit confused about their 3d audio, I keep seeing it'll work fine on "compatible headsets", but I have no idea which ones are compatible. I literally just got a HyperX Cloud Alpha S and it'll suck if they don't take full advantage of it.

In theory, any headphones work. It's processed by the console. Obviously the better sound your headphones can put out, the better it'll sound.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Finished Astro's Playroom, the base game, did a little work toward trophies but not all the way yet. Such a fun little game. I loved how the end credits are basically more game, I was reminded of in smash Bros when the credit sequence becomes a shmup.

caldrax fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Nov 16, 2020

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I ended up asking Amazon Australia to cancel my ps5 since they couldn't ship it and they wouldn't do that either lol. They charged me too.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Anybody else having occasional crashes in Demon's Souls? I've had it crash back to the UI a few times now. It isn't a big deal because no progress was lost, and I'm assuming that there will be some stability issues with a new game on a new system. I do have an external drive plugged in, and I'm wondering if that could be causing stability issues, too?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe not a big deal for your progress, but it seems like a big deal if these consoles already are having crashes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Maybe not a big deal for your progress, but it seems like a big deal if these consoles already are having crashes.

I feel like you're gonna get crashes when literally everything involved is new and just barely ready.

Once Sony get a chance to squash bugs thing will probably be better.

Asclepius
Mar 20, 2011

il serpente cosmico posted:

Anybody else having occasional crashes in Demon's Souls? I've had it crash back to the UI a few times now. It isn't a big deal because no progress was lost, and I'm assuming that there will be some stability issues with a new game on a new system. I do have an external drive plugged in, and I'm wondering if that could be causing stability issues, too?

I’ve had maybe 2 or 3 in about 20 hours of play, no external drives.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I ended up asking Amazon Australia to cancel my ps5 since they couldn't ship it and they wouldn't do that either lol. They charged me too.

Threaten to take it to the ACCC?

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Asclepius posted:

I’ve had maybe 2 or 3 in about 20 hours of play, no external drives.

OK, this is roughly what I've had. None of them have hard-locked the console. It asks me to send an error report, sends me back to the main home screen, and that's that. I'll assume this is because the firmware and game software are still a bit undercooked.

I'm curious how the pandemic affected the development of the PS5, and I wonder if some features that were no-brainers (VRR, using an external drive as cold storage) aren't in it because they simply didn't have time with the challenges the pandemic created.

Ah well, I'm assuming stability will get better with time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

il serpente cosmico posted:

OK, this is roughly what I've had. None of them have hard-locked the console. It asks me to send an error report, sends me back to the main home screen, and that's that. I'll assume this is because the firmware and game software are still a bit undercooked.

I'm curious how the pandemic affected the development of the PS5, and I wonder if some features that were no-brainers (VRR, using an external drive as cold storage) aren't in it because they simply didn't have time with the challenges the pandemic created.

Ah well, I'm assuming stability will get better with time.

gently caress I still get soft crashes on the PS4 seven years in. Unless it's a hard crash it's not worth worrying about too much.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I mean it's a trade-off for getting it out of the door this year and with at least a couple good exclusives.
Both consoles could probably have used another half year in the oven

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RichardA posted:

Threaten to take it to the ACCC?

Ohh yeah I forgot I have consumer rights in this country. They gave me $30 credit when I started talking about a charge back.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dang Last Guardian is a drat good looking game. Please patch this poo poo to 60 fps, I know the original Japanese disc already runs at 60 on PS5

all the original discs of all regions run at 60fps. just get a cheap one off ebay while its still cheap and stop automatic dls of the patch. people only think its the japanese version because the dude who did the video had the uk version which has a limited edition slipcover with japanese on it lol (which owns, and is on my shelf)

Detective No. 27 posted:

no, all disc regions are unpatched (i've not confirmed this through others tho, just the uk one, but it would be insane for that to happen so im 99% all disc regions are unpatched. again its all misinformation from the uk slipcover being in that video thumbnail)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Relax Or DIE posted:

so I edited out the link in your post and the quotes - let me know if I missed one - but please do not link to people's personal info even if they're a piece of poo poo scalper!!

very sorry, i did not think that post all the way through! it was more "hey look at all these scary twitter posts" and i did not stop to think that the address was also popping up in the search.