Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Fischl is her own Sonic OC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This game must really want me to use Barbara because I’ve gotten her three times in a row

kater
Nov 16, 2010

cursed account

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Osmosisch posted:

Oh man those cutscenes were excellent. Having two characters with talking floating companions interact is extremely funny and they lean into it Another detail I really appreciate is that Oz mostly pronounces the German correctly unlike the Prinzessin herself who learned it from a book.

In her idle animation, Fischl tries and fails to pronounce her own title that she gave herself.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I appreciate how they've divided the shops into "useful talents and the Genshin Impact Not-Crystallised-Lore" and "BOOKS AND CASH and some other stuff I guess".

If I'm building Fishl as a support I want to aim for anything that increases electro damage, followed by elemental mastery right? And ideally the 4pc Thunderer set?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 16, 2020

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mailer posted:

They could have dialed back the cutesy and upped the naive-child-with-explosive-powers thing with Klee in the story quest and it would have been better. I hope if there's a Diona character quest it's revealed she's just short and loving hates Diluc. I will be completing the quest as Diluc.

Klee's dialog when you have her as a playable character is much better, and more expressive. She's a lot more cute-but-subdued in her quest appearances and it's weird; her VA is really good at other times, so her story appearances feel extra weird once you've been playing her a while.

Unrelated, the event had a bug where meteorite shards you hadn't salvaged yet would disappear if you teleported, logged out, or otherwise triggered a loading screen after collecting the amount required for the event quest. According to an in-game notice I just got, this has been fixed so that they will remain until they're salvaged.

The event still hasn't launched here in NA.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Kild posted:

"14 year old syndrome" where you think you're someone with special powers and a dark past and dont make me mad I'll send you to the next dimension.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%ABniby%C5%8D

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Chuunibyou

The funniest part is that there's an anime about chuunibyou and Fish has the same VA as the main character.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is it really worth leaving dudes at 70 and not bothering with the last 2 uncaps

I heard this rumor somewhere, prolly this thread

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

for supports (Venti, Barb, Sucrose, Bennet etc) its fine but your DPS (Razor,Xiangling, Diluc, Klee, Childe etc) should not.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's complicated. It's usually pretty beneficial to be leveled outside of special cases like superconduct Kaeya where it barely matters at all. Fishl, Xiangling, and Xingqiu will all benefit from leveling quite a bit. Even Barbara will do more electrocharged damage with her E circle if you level her (I don't know the actual calculation and idk if anyone does). So when it's about "worth it" vs "not worth it", it's a question of what alternative uses you have for resin.

If you're anything like me you will get a bigger improvement running artifacts 20 times post AR45 vs ascending and leveling a support character from 70 to 80. Farming talent books to take gyouba+pyronado from 1 to 6 will almost certainly make Xiangling stronger than leveling from 70 to 80 as well.

If your artifacts are pretty good and your talents are in good shape this won't be the case and leveling will be the most efficient way to improve your team.

This is why weapons are usually the first recommendation for what to upgrade - it's extremely resin efficient and there isn't a faster way to get stronger.

I'm leaving a lot of my characters at 70 ascended for now because I like round numbers and also like being able to get trickle XP from the mobs on the map (which isn't amazing, but between four characters it's a few hero's wits a week).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 16, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Oh hey, the event went live while I was sitting there afk without a patch or massive server downtime. I didn't even know that was possible for a game.

Edit: This Immernactreich will last a thousand years with ruler Oz, along with Princess Fischl who is only briefly seen on the battlefield.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 16, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I saw an update downloading in the background last night that I'm guessing had all the event assets and stuff in it.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
That "Recommended team level: 35" on the childe fight is such an incredible hilarious lie.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Stanko-Prussian posted:

That "Recommended team level: 35" on the childe fight is such an incredible hilarious lie.

I assume Childe is giving the recommendation

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Stanko-Prussian posted:

It’s probably meant to be AR35.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Well, this is gonna suck, huh

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

boy, dvlain dropped two claws and a spear prototype for me this week. nice dps boost for xiangling

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Stanko-Prussian posted:

It scales to ar level, iirc

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Looks like the elemental crystals are up to 150 and the crown/books are "Limited Only"... which I'm guessing means one.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I like how Venti's vision doesn't glow near the meteorites unlike everyone else's.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I think they got team level mixed up with AR for that. It would be basically impossible for your team to be level 35 and the quest chain requires you to be AR35 (being level 35 at AR35 would be pretty impressive).

Mailer posted:

Looks like the elemental crystals are up to 150 and the crown/books are "Limited Only"... which I'm guessing means one.
I heard it was 3 but very unsubstantiated. Three would make sense as it would be enough for one character.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

inthesto posted:

Well, this is gonna suck, huh

Do you get anything for collecting all the shards?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Each shard can be exchanged for one adventurer's experience. I would encourage you to use a map in each area to clean them all out one by one as 13 extra shards in each area amounts to nine purple books in total.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

Each shard can be exchanged for one adventurer's experience. I would encourage you to use a map in each area to clean them all out one by one as 13 extra shards in each area amounts to nine purple books in total.

This event started less than two hours ago for me, I can't imagine there's already a map with every single one marked.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

inthesto posted:

This event started less than two hours ago for me, I can't imagine there's already a map with every single one marked.

Consider that the event has been live on Asian servers for like 12 hours now though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The event started in Asia like 12 hours ago.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Squiddycat posted:

If you're struggling on mats sure, leave supports underleveled, but do realize that there's a hidden feature where your damage taken/given scales with the difference in levels between you and enemies. People have estimated that it's about 0.3% per level so take that into account.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I figured there must be more than what I found, and casual googling revealed that. I wish it had doled out some AR exp, though, since I'm trudging towards 35.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Your DPS carry should always be maxed out as best they can on level/weapon/talent etc for damage, the rest should be according to what they are trying to do to support said carry.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Oceanbound posted:

It’s probably meant to be AR35.

I was AR35 at the fight and phase 2 nearly wiped me - phase 3 I was able to just burst down, but for a hot second there it looked like all the food stacks in the world wouldn't save me. Absolutely not a level 35 fight lol

kater
Nov 16, 2010

okay i stumbled onto cabbagechurl while mining and feel bad for ruining its vacation.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

leveling dudes past 70 made a night and day difference for me for abyss.

like lol.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So is German the go-to foreign language that they use in China when English isn’t foreign enough? Just wondering cause I’m noticing a lot of random German thrown in, especially with the special event that just started and the Fischl’s voice actor being cringeworthy terrible.

E:

Osmosisch posted:

Oh man those cutscenes were excellent. Having two characters with talking floating companions interact is extremely funny and they lean into it Another detail I really appreciate is that Oz mostly pronounces the German correctly unlike the Prinzessin herself who learned it from a book.

The way Oz says “mein” though

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 16, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think in this case it's mostly because Mondstadt is fake Germany

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Yeah, Paimon even calls them a manzai group in the JP dub.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
After playing through more of the quest all of Fischl’s lines are cringe. If I were to read them with no context I would picture someone wearing a fedora saying all of it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Although, if Monstadt is fake Germany, where is Fischl from if she can't speak German?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

After playing through more of the quest all of Fischl’s lines are cringe. If I were to read them with no context I would picture someone wearing a fedora saying all of it.

literally the point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Although, if Monstadt is fake Germany, where is Fischl from if she can't speak German?

Immernachtreich, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The Japanese VA for Fischl is on point since her VA had a similar role before voicing as another Chunibyo.