Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man I think after like 25 or so odd years i’m done with WWE. Been a subscriber since day one in 2013/14? it’s cancelled. Yes hope Bryan and Reigns and Andrade all the women leave. I don’t give a poo poo about anyone else they have.

I probably won’t be in WWE threads anymore because I don’t feel it’s worth my time to hate post/ hate watch/ etc. It’s not even funny it’s just a bad “product” and I loving hate describing art as product, but WWE doesn’t make art even on accident anymore.

You ran me off Vince, you stupid, talentless, punk rear end dork with no taste, talent or ambition. You own the legacy of pro wrestling by accident, in the same way your success was purely accident, born into wealth with just enough snake like rear end kissing mentality to weasel your way into your daddies sphere. Artless, gutless, boring heathen, may your afterlife be damned, brittle, and hot hot hot.

I hope this is my last WWE post!

Love to the community here ya’ll are nice.

petition to put this post in the OP of every WWE thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man I think after like 25 or so odd years i’m done with WWE. Been a subscriber since day one in 2013/14? it’s cancelled. Yes hope Bryan and Reigns and Andrade all the women leave. I don’t give a poo poo about anyone else they have.

I probably won’t be in WWE threads anymore because I don’t feel it’s worth my time to hate post/ hate watch/ etc. It’s not even funny it’s just a bad “product” and I loving hate describing art as product, but WWE doesn’t make art even on accident anymore.

You ran me off Vince, you stupid, talentless, punk rear end dork with no taste, talent or ambition. You own the legacy of pro wrestling by accident, in the same way your success was purely accident, born into wealth with just enough snake like rear end kissing mentality to weasel your way into your daddies sphere. Artless, gutless, boring heathen, may your afterlife be damned, brittle, and hot hot hot.

Sad that it's disappointed you this much after this long. Hope you're able to find and enjoy the wrestling you love.

(I haven't watched WWE with regularity since about 2007, there's absolutely nothing wrong with walking away from something bad)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

We love you too, hope you'll stick around in all the non-WWE threads :glomp:

Also lol Vince broke Eat My Fuc, he's truly hosed it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is the year we all get into ROH.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

We love you too, hope you'll stick around in all the non-WWE threads :glomp:

Also lol Vince broke Eat My Fuc, he's truly hosed it

Yea consider me the canary in the coal mine, See ya’ll in all the other threads especially all the cool ones you run in here Rarity, thanks for all ya do to keep us busy here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I still like the WWE PPVs. People take all this too seriously.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Hard to blame anyone for not even being able to hate watch these days, poo poo's gotten pretty dire. I only drop in to marvel at the latest news/recaps in a sort of train wreck way. The last thing I've actually watched was when we were recording AEW and my boyfriend wanted to switch over to NXT because literally all his wrestling exposure has been AEW and some NJPW. He didn't even last 30 min lol.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I totally feel you, as far as matches go they’re almoat
always a good watch and like Bayley / Sasha HIAc was a classic but I can’t invest my spirit in a company that won’t let the stars be stars anymore.

Absolutely if it still brings you joy enjoy it and I like you a lot, you are contributing a lot by maintaining positivity, but for me personally I can’t hang with it anymore. I want long term stories, promos from
the heart, and organic reactions to what the fans want to see and WWE doesn’t want me to have it.

AEW is cool, NJPW hasn’t let me down in 10 years, AAA is a mess but so much fun, ROH/Impact can be a good time. I just personally think that WWE doesn’t want me as a fan, like Apple, Disney, 2Kgames etc they want me to consume mindlessly and they want so many to consume and accept so they don’t even have to try.

Anyway sorry for continued posting because I don’t want to bring anybody down, I just think this conversation is important , and a little
selfish on my part but I really enjoy the conversations I have with you all about everything, wrestling and beyond

edit: confused 2k with EA

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Nov 16, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Time spent watching something that only angers or saddens or frustrates you is time you could do something that gives you joy, satisfaction, contentment. Like the gambling adverts say: when the fun stops, stop.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Is it the part where WWE routinely screws over its talent in order to pinch pennies, up to and including jeopardizing their health and safety during a pandemic, or the part where WWE runs propaganda for genocidaires or just the part where WWE is putting out an objectively dogshit product that we're taking too seriously?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Is it the part where WWE routinely screws over its talent in order to pinch pennies, up to and including jeopardizing their health and safety during a pandemic, or the part where WWE runs propaganda for genocidaires or just the part where WWE is putting out an objectively dogshit product that we're taking too seriously?

What does your heart tell you

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

What does your heart tell you

That you're trying to defend the indefensible.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm not defending anything, I don't care what anyone watches

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I don’t have that problem, goodbye!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I stopped watching WWE whenever the first Saudi blood money PPV happened and my life has improved immensely.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ah, looks like they're going for the Vince Classic with Otis. Break up an established tag-team to throw them in a make-shift immediately after a singles push fails (Usually two weeks after the breakup)

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

What in the gently caress is this Xia Li storyline right now? :catstare:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

bladeworksmaster posted:

What in the gently caress is this Xia Li storyline right now? :catstare:

Triad gimmick if I'm guessing

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tugging at the tail of organised crime syndicates seems unwise to me, personally

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

oh but seriously I posted:

Tugging at the tail of organised crime syndicates seems unwise to me, personally

Vince has never been disposed towards respecting his competition

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Remember the time he wanted to give Tajiri a Yakuza gimmick and only stopped when Tajiri said the Yakuza would be really insulted?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Rarity posted:

Remember the time he wanted to give Tajiri a Yakuza gimmick and only stopped when Tajiri said the Yakuza would be really insulted?

I do remember that.

Then again, WWF got into a dick swing contest with MBS and I'm not sure they got the money they were owed but they didn't end up dead so idk

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I do remember that.

Then again, WWF got into a dick swing contest with MBS and I'm not sure they got the money they were owed but they didn't end up dead so idk

I feel like Vince in 2020 would be way more apt to run a Yakuza storyline than the Vince from the time period when he was able to be talked out of it. He's such a loving insane maniac with a desire to try and prove he's the best and strongest and biggest that I wouldn't doubt him doubling down on it if people started to complain and making it a main part of the show (until he got bored in 3 weeks).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Barry Bluejeans posted:

gently caress!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

haha

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

But he even said that he believes you help yourself, not hurt the other guy!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In hindsight,

Slapjack

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1328350769444216832

Insert a Name Here
Nov 1, 2020

]Heres comes a wild chalen-gerlrllr~

Eat My Fuc posted:

AEW is cool, NJPW hasn’t let me down in 10 years, AAA is a mess but so much fun, ROH/Impact can be a good time. I just personally think that WWE doesn’t want me as a fan, like Apple, Disney, 2Kgames etc they want me to consume mindlessly and they want so many to consume and accept so they don’t even have to try.

really quietly

And TNA Impact is always where its at!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Uh oh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It extremely rules that Zelina Vega and Andrea from 90210 are going to unionize wrestling, or at least make greater strides towards it than have been made in decades.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Extremely big lol if Zelina Vega ends up doing more for wrestling labour rights by refusing to give up her twitch than David Starr managed in his whole scumbag life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Extremely big lol if Zelina Vega ends up doing more for wrestling labour rights by refusing to give up her twitch than David Starr managed in his whole scumbag life

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

whos gonna be 2020 hogan and kill union efforts in the crib

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

Vince

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I'd love it op

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Avalanches begin from one pebble.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

you already know it’s Rollins why are you even asking

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Much like the overall WWE cult mentality, the vague concept of being "blackballed from the industry" has been drilled into workers' heads for decades, despite not being a realistic thing in the post-territory landscape, let alone 2020. Like I know promoters are generally scum across the board, but imagine some shithole New Jersey indy refusing to book Miro on principle because he expressed union-friendly views. Unless they can't afford a guy they'll book anyone who's ever had a shred of national exposure.

Or I dunno I could be talking out of my rear end, I've never had a union job, but I strongly supect the BLACKBALLING idea doesn't hold much water anymore. Like is Zelina really gonna have trouble finding work now if she wants it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

Absolutely Seth and probably AJ.

lol if they're bringing Taker back to stomp out union efforts