Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Payndz posted:

I interviewed Prowse years ago in his ratty London gym. Didn't take much for him to start ranting about how he was done out of stardom by Lucas and James Earl Jones. He's a bitter, bitter (Green Cross) man.

Isn't he also really right wing these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I'd like to think that anakin's spinning above naboo and on mustafar is a riff on how Luke discovers new powers every time he turns his perception upside down (snow cave, handstand, weather vane)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
When he does a spin to evade the missiles at the start of episode 3 his fighter makes a podracing noise

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Always liked how Anakin joked about finding a speeder that was the right color (yellow) but it actually wasn't a joke he just really likes yellow whips

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Always liked how Anakin joked about finding a speeder that was the right color (yellow) but it actually wasn't a joke he just really likes yellow whips

His podracer had yellow highlights and the Naboo starfighter he flew was yellow, might be onto something.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

His podracer had yellow highlights and the Naboo starfighter he flew was yellow, might be onto something.

I dare you to google "anakin's jedi starfighter"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"That was wacky! I almost lost you in the traffic."
"What took you so long?"
"Oh, you know, Master, I couldn't find a speeder I really liked, with an open cockpit... and with the right speed capabilities... and then you know I had to get a really gonzo color..."

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yellow was basically the color of the PT in general in the spinoff stuff/marketing too.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The color of the sequels in general is of course grey/olive drab

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ingmar terdman posted:

The color of the sequels in general is of course grey/olive drab

I want to say that around 04 was the start of the "realism is brown" trend so that color scheme would have been very hip around the time of the prequels.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
TLJ used red pretty heavily during the marketing and scenes like Smoke's throne room and Crait.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They leaned into red for the FO from the start, at least compared to the Empire, which doesn't really bring in red until ROTJ. Sheev's final costume looked cool with the red underneath, it's just too bad he spends the movie in a cave lit only by lightning strikes

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah. It’s also crazy how not under wraps the prequels were. I found every spoiler ever through regular released material.

It's fun to watch RotS trailer where they've just put in all the major plot beats in it, including order 66.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

sheev’s final costume just reminded me of blade’s dumbass red lined jacket in blade trinity

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mandrel posted:

sheev’s final costume just reminded me of blade’s dumbass red lined jacket in blade trinity

That was the best part of that film. A low bar, but that was a good costume.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Snowman_McK posted:

That was the best part of that film. A low bar, but that was a good costume.

Sheev using the force to conjure a stylish new robe out of nowhere is the only time IX got remotely close to doing the character justice

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

His dark red robe from ROTS is untouchable though. Just beautiful

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Muppetjedi posted:

It's fun to watch RotS trailer where they've just put in all the major plot beats in it, including order 66.

“I’m keeping these...”

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

Sheev using the force to conjure a stylish new robe out of nowhere is the only time IX got remotely close to doing the character justice

I was actually talking about blade's jacket, but yeah, i like both instances. There's actually quite a bit of good production design and costuming in blade 3, an otherwise unredeemable film.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Well, yes and no, he threw that idea out in an interview in 1978, but it was almost certainly him joking around, since A this was two years before the movie came out and B the whole “obi-wan killed your father” dodge on set was, by all accounts, specifically designed to keep Prowse from figuring it out because he’d been leaking poo poo to journalists in return for promos on his exercise books, so it’s doubtful they would have actually told him.

I specifically remember an interview with him way before Empire where he mentioned that the sequel will partially take place on an ice planet and a jungle- yeah he was terrible about keeping any secrets.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

You would think that 'guy who's only there because he's really tall' would be easily replaceable.

e: He had a stunt double!

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 16, 2020

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Now that the lego star wars holiday special spoilers are out in the wild, the thread can finally serve its purpose again

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Also this

https://sites.prh.com/highrepublic

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

No Mods No Masters posted:

Now that the lego star wars holiday special spoilers are out in the wild, the thread can finally serve its purpose again

It's out tomorrow, right?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yes but this review gives away the all important plot https://tv.avclub.com/the-lego-star-wars-holiday-special-assembles-all-the-be-1845654684

I don't know if there is anyone alive after star wars 9 who is remotely qualified to train someone to be a jedi, but if the best option is rey it would probably be better to just not have any jedi for a while

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yes but this review gives away the all important plot https://tv.avclub.com/the-lego-star-wars-holiday-special-assembles-all-the-be-1845654684

I don't know if there is anyone alive after star wars 9 who is remotely qualified to train someone to be a jedi, but if the best option is rey it would probably be better to just not have any jedi for a while

I don't care about the plot, it's a LEGO Holiday Special, it's just gonna be a bit of non canon stupid fun. I was just making sure I had the date right.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Couldn't be any worse than Luke, really

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://wdwnt.com/2020/11/photos-first-look-inside-actual-hotel-room-cabin-for-star-wars-galactic-starcruiser-at-walt-disney-world/

Pay that money...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to take a poo poo inside a Star Wars ship hotel

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That's exactly what people are gonna want when they travel again

A windowless cabin surrounded by the indifferent galactic void

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It has a brig. I wanna get locked up there and interrogated by Kyle Ren. I would totally ask him to take his shirt off.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Why would I want to go to that galaxy, it seems like a loving nightmare. Just having to watch films set there is bad enough

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
that lego star wars movie seems so sad

the only returning cast members are kelly marie tran, billy dee williams and anthony daniels! it's all the greatest hits but rey is there! rey is training finn to be a jedi! we're going to have baby yoda! PLEASE COME BACK AND STOP HATING STAR WARS

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Payndz posted:

I interviewed Prowse years ago in his ratty London gym. Didn't take much for him to start ranting about how he was done out of stardom by Lucas and James Earl Jones. He's a bitter, bitter (Green Cross) man.

First of all, I've seen the footage with Prowse doing the dialogue, it stunk. It was JEJ voice that elevated the role, not Prowse.

2nd, if he kept leaking spoilers everywhere and was acting like a twat he kind of had himself to blame.

Thirdly, how the hell did JEJ cheat him out of stardom? Hardly his fault he was hired for the role

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Horizon Burning posted:

the only returning cast members are kelly marie tran, billy dee williams and anthony daniels! it's all the greatest hits but rey is there! rey is training finn to be a jedi! we're going to have baby yoda! PLEASE COME BACK AND STOP HATING STAR WARS

You seem sad.

It looks silly and fun. I’m looking forward to watching it tomorrow with my daughter.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

McCloud posted:

First of all, I've seen the footage with Prowse doing the dialogue, it stunk. It was JEJ voice that elevated the role, not Prowse.

2nd, if he kept leaking spoilers everywhere and was acting like a twat he kind of had himself to blame.

Thirdly, how the hell did JEJ cheat him out of stardom? Hardly his fault he was hired for the role

the other prowse thing that was funny was when he thought he'd been cast as superman, only to discover that he'd been hired as reeve's personal trainer. It's that 'we've found our fallout boy' scene but for real.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
If they're not going to get the most important band in all of Star Wars, Jefferson Starship, to put on another life day show why even bother.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

thrawn527 posted:

You seem sad.

It looks silly and fun. I’m looking forward to watching it tomorrow with my daughter.

He's not trying to get you to not like it, guy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Horizon Burning posted:

Entertainment companies get real fun when they're in 'baby come back' mode after arrogantly making GBS threads the bed for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
A bunch of the VAs are reprising their roles from the Clone Wars cartoon too.