Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
In other news, a Mandalorian actor is a chud.

https://twitter.com/ginacarano/status/1327806477923323904/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hekk posted:

Habit Burger is good. In and Out burgers are decent but their fries are an insult.

I was completely unimpressed with In and Out. Wendy's with a long line imo. Good enough burger but solidly in the lower tiers.

Whataburger imo is the champ of the cheap chain stuff. 5 guys and Shake Shack for the pricier ones.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well getting punched in the head professionally might cause some slight issues.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

She's totally gonna get killed off screen.

Also other DC area GiPers, if you haven't tried a chicken sandwich from Roaming Rooster, you're only hurting yourself. It makes Popeyes and Chik-Fil-A taste like poo poo in comparison.

https://twitter.com/washingtonian/status/1311327442624229377

I think the only two big things I can say I miss about New England that does not seem to exist anywhere else is hot wieners and clam cakes. Pork pies are good too but you can get those anywhere there's a large French Canadian presence.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It seems like every few weeks someone is shocked to find that an MMA fighter and/or Rogan is a right wing weirdo.

Should probably not be a surprise anymore.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Well getting punched in the head professionally might cause some slight issues.

Yea, I don't know if there's a correlation-causation, but hobbyist/amateur mma fighters I would say skew slightly conservative, but not a ton more than probably general population, while mma pro fighters I've found have the absolute shitiest views on everything.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

She's totally gonna get killed off screen.

Also other DC area GiPers, if you haven't tried a chicken sandwich from Roaming Rooster, you're only hurting yourself. It makes Popeyes and Chik-Fil-A taste like poo poo in comparison.

https://twitter.com/washingtonian/status/1311327442624229377

Yeah but also you can get two popeyes chicken sandwiches for less money than one sandwich from RR.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The south is obsessed with CookOut because it's the first place any of us have ever had better than Wendy's, but with a drive thru. It is an exact replacement for all the hole in the wall mom & pop places with walk-up-windows and siding that hadn't been painted since the Eisenhower administration that went under 5 years before they showed up.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

It seems like every few weeks someone is shocked to find that an MMA fighter and/or Rogan is a right wing weirdo.

Should probably not be a surprise anymore.

yeah but rogan is big enough that he can find work, a generic MMA fighter that has a few action roles is easy to replace

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I don't know if there's a correlation-causation, but hobbyist/amateur mma fighters I would say skew slightly conservative, but not a ton more than probably general population, while mma pro fighters I've found have the absolute shitiest views on everything.

Yeah, MMA tends to be very chuddy, probably...just theory crafting...from the belief that they alone are the reason for their success (which while not true...isn’t also totally false in the sense that they can often control their destiny based on their talent...granted all tend to acknowledge their team/transits). Also it could be attributable to the fact that a lot of MMA dudes come from conservative countries or states (obviously I don’t mean as a blanket thing about everyone) and others have military backgrounds. Of course I could also just be talking out my rear end with this.

Also I’m pretty sure Gina’s said a bunch of chuddy stuff in the past too, so I’m not sure how this will change the balance on her staying on the Mando. In response to what Ralph was thinking.

I mean Disney still uses James Woods for certain stuff... I mean kingdom hearts three even. Of course I also love James Woods...the actor, not the human being. Granted he’s sometimes occasionally funny in an rear end in a top hat way. I mean a part of me thinks could you even get a normal human being to play the role he did in Videodrome.

Also Vampires rules (along with a bunch of other stuff like Nixon).

PookBear posted:

yeah but rogan is big enough that he can find work, a generic MMA fighter that has a few action roles is easy to replace

Eh she was also in Deadpool and generally credited as one of the first major women MMA stars.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

The south is obsessed with CookOut because it's the first place any of us have ever had better than Wendy's, but with a drive thru. It is an exact replacement for all the hole in the wall mom & pop places with walk-up-windows and siding that hadn't been painted since the Eisenhower administration that went under 5 years before they showed up.

Also you can get a quesadilla tray with sides of a quesadilla and a quesadilla

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Freddy’s makes a drat good patty melt

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Iota, a Cat 5 hurricane, getting ready to make landfall in Nicaragua.

https://twitter.com/TropicalTidbits/status/1328501754456104960?s=20

Regarding breakfast options (as a western PA native)

1) Wawa > Sheetz
2) http://tudorsbiscuitworld.com/ is superior to everything. I have to fight the urge every couple of months to drive to Morgantown (5 hours).
3) I miss West Coast breakfast burritos and Memos in Everett, WA in particular. Sure, it is a chain, but it was on my way to work and even then, it doesn't seem to be an option out here other than a specialty from some places on Sundays.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 17, 2020

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallom posted:

Cheese curds (and when they had them the fried pickles) are awesome. Chicken tenders are pretty good too.

I’ll argue the shakes are far better then shake shack.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Zaxby's was always good for some chicken strips on the way to or from Hampton Roads/Yorktown.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

2) http://tudorsbiscuitworld.com/ is superior to everything. I have to fight the urge every couple of months to drive to Morgantown (5 hours).

Fuckin truth, I've lived in SC my whole life and still go out of the way to stop at the one in Beckley any chance I get because those are just Supreme Biscuits.

Zaxby's is trash tho.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A little late to food chat but upstate ny has a local fish fry chain thats pretty good. Better than captain at least

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Eh she was also in Deadpool and generally credited as one of the first major women MMA stars.
she still isn't established enough to not get tossed aside

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

tim hortons tim hortons Tim Hortons Tim Hortons TIM HORTONS TIM HORTONS TIM HORTONS TIM HORTONS TIM HORTONS (it used to be good but got poo poo once it got bought by Restaurant Brands International)

also mary browns and Mr Sub, Mr Sub much superior to subway

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PookBear posted:

she still isn't established enough to not get tossed aside

No I meant in terms of being able to find other work.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Honestly, Tim Horton's didn't impress me when I went to Nova Scotia well over a decade ago.

Just send me a case of Keith's and I'll say it's better than Starbucks any day, though. Now Keith's IPA, I specifically remember that taste, and I'd whore for maple syrup and moose if it gets Labatt to start distributing Keith's in the states.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Nov 2020 CE: Five Guys and a Dairy Queen

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah I tried their chicken sandwich for the first time this year, it was fine but nothing I would get in line for. Shake Shack also recently opened nearby and gave that a try, it was also good but didn't understand the huge line. There's a small chain near us that makes a fantastic fried chicken sandwich with guacamole and nothing I've found tops that. Might pick that up this week.

Plot twist: despite being a burger place, Shake Shack's best meal is their fried chicken sandwich. They had a Nashville hot chicken sandwich for a while that was amazing.

Chick-Fil-A is okay at best, and the Cathy family's murderous homophobic agenda aside, why anyone goes there when there's a Cane's nearby is a mystery to me.

That Works posted:

Whataburger imo is the champ of the cheap chain stuff. 5 guys and Shake Shack for the pricier ones.

:hmmyes:

The disappearance of the Whataburger Monterey Melt is a tragedy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

shame on an IGA posted:

all the hole in the wall mom & pop places with walk-up-windows and siding that hadn't been painted since the Eisenhower administration that went under 5 years before they showed up.

In California these places are called Foster's Freezes. This is the exact description of the one in Santa Cruz when I was in college.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MA-Horus posted:

also mary browns and Mr Sub, Mr Sub much superior to subway

this isn't saying much, subway isn't a great sub

I suggest quiznos if you want a truly mediocre sub

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Aw come on Gina, you were my American Gladiators/MMA crush and you break my heart like this? :smith:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Eason the Fifth posted:

Nov 2020 CE: Five Guys and a Dairy Queen

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Midjack posted:

Aw come on Gina, you were my American Gladiators/MMA crush and you break my heart like this? :smith:

Yuuuuuup

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's lawyers: lol we out

Donnie's remaining lawyer: lol I'm an idiot, I need time, can you delay things

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1328514432461365249

Judge: no

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Handsome Ralph posted:

There are two other must-try hot chicken sandwiches in the DC area: Hot Lola's in Ballston, and Wooboi in Reston (they're evidently opening a location in Alexandria but I don't know how COVID might change that).

Fallom posted:

I love Freddy's but I've always found their Patty Melt pretty bland/tasteless. Maybe the Fairfax one just does a lovely job, but I've tried adding bacon *and* their fry sauce and it was still bland compared to the standard double cheese with bacon with grilled onions.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 17, 2020

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

In-n-out is coming to Colorado. Which means all the california drivers here will be off the road and in the drive-thru, conveniently out of my path.
until you introduce them to a Culvers, anyways.

Discussion Quorum posted:

The disappearance of the Whataburger Monterey Melt is a tragedy.
Their chorizo burger was the best thing that came out of there, but I only saw it once in three years of West Texas.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 17, 2020

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

In California these places are called Foster's Freezes. This is the exact description of the one in Santa Cruz when I was in college.

...are you a Slug too?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Grip it and rip it posted:

Probably delirium resulting from the killer ailment they have? People say all kind of weird poo poo when they die, many times it's completely incomprehensible.

https://twitter.com/JodiDoering/status/1327795755285962758

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
We already have Culver's here. It's my #3 reuben spot right now, #2 if fast food only. Arby's just makes a better reuben, and they don't slouch on the sauerkraut.

I have had some abominations of reubens in Illinois. Little small town restaurants were the goddamn worst about it, but it was common to see the 1k island/russian swapped out for spicy mustard. Worst was corned beef, bland tasteless sauerkraut, american cheese on white texas toast. Dressing was yellow mustard on the side.

I occasionally miss rural Illinois, but I never miss the food.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

shame on an IGA posted:

Burger Bar in Roy, UT. I think it made Diners Drive-ins and Dives once. My junior high gym coach was publicly willing to accept bribes in the form of Burger Bar food. Every month they have have a different meat in addition to the normal stuff. This month's special is yak.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My dad was mean as gently caress the first few days after he got extubated. It is something that happens. However, he doesn't deny how real this loving virus is anymore.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

...are you a Slug too?

Yup. :c00l:

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Thirded. Tudor’s is one of the things I miss most since I moved to NC. My brother came down today and brought me a Peppi and a Ron. Made my day. If you go to WV and don’t get Tudor’s for breakfast ya done hosed up.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I like this type of post

https://twitter.com/nickupcharge/status/1327962489976340492?s=21

Someone doesn’t know anyone that works in medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Godholio posted:

Burger Bar in Roy, UT. I think it made Diners Drive-ins and Dives once. My junior high gym coach was publicly willing to accept bribes in the form of Burger Bar food. Every month they have have a different meat in addition to the normal stuff. This month's special is yak.

Went there last weekend with a lady friend, it was wild boar for the exotic. Would recommend!