Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Does the button on the center of the controller (little orange one below the PS button) just mute the sound from the controller mic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Does the button on the center of the controller (little orange one below the PS button) just mute the sound from the controller mic?

Yes. Light on == mute.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Apparently mutes any plugged in mic as well, as I discovered tonight

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

morestuff posted:

Apparently mutes any plugged in mic as well, as I discovered tonight

Oh wow, pushing the controller mute button will mute stuff like the Pulse 3D?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh wow, pushing the controller mute button will mute stuff like the Pulse 3D?

It did for my headset, at least

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

That's rad.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It did the same to me for my not expensive headset that I plug into the headphone jack.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It is shut off with the platinums and hitting it says use the mute on the headset to mute

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

That is such a good feature, one that I'd never even considered before, but one that now seems so loving obvious.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That is such a good feature, one that I'd never even considered before, but one that now seems so loving obvious.

You can apparently also hold the button to mute the system-level sound as well

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Volte posted:

Maybe it depends what you're using it for, but I just played Hollow Knight for three and half hours and it's still at three bars.

Speaking of Hollow Knight, I gave it a shot last night for the first time on console. I played the poo poo out of it on PC, and it's one of my favorite games.

Holy poo poo - the input lag on PS4 / PS5 is really bad. It isn't just me, either - the devs have commented on it and said it's because of the way Unity handles V-Sync, and there isn't anything they can do about it aside from turning it off, which would cause tearing, of course. It's an issue that affects all console versions of it. I played it on PC afterwards to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I'm not. It felt buttery smooth on PC. If anyone is interested in it, I would recommend the PC version with v-sync turned off in-game. You can still use v-sync through your graphics card's settings. I can't imagine trying to do some of the more challenging parts of that game with that much input lag, holy moley.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

il serpente cosmico posted:

Speaking of Hollow Knight, I gave it a shot last night for the first time on console. I played the poo poo out of it on PC, and it's one of my favorite games.

Holy poo poo - the input lag on PS4 / PS5 is really bad. It isn't just me, either - the devs have commented on it and said it's because of the way Unity handles V-Sync, and there isn't anything they can do about it aside from turning it off, which would cause tearing, of course. It's an issue that affects all console versions of it. I played it on PC afterwards to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I'm not. It felt buttery smooth on PC. If anyone is interested in it, I would recommend the PC version with v-sync turned off in-game. You can still use v-sync through your graphics card's settings. I can't imagine trying to do some of the more challenging parts of that game with that much input lag, holy moley.
According to the devs, the game was designed around the input lag imposed by V-sync, which should be the same across all platforms aside from PC with V-sync off, so it shouldn't actually make the game harder than intended. I hadn't really noticed it to be honest. But then, I'm not to the insanely hard precise parts of the game yet. I also played on Steam but I can't say for sure if I had V-sync on or not.

Either way, I'm loving the way it looks with PS5's auto-HDR mode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like tonight I started to hear the motors in my controllers triggers. Sounds like an old floppy drive. Hope they aren't wearing out already

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not a huge fan of what pressing the PS button does now.

Minor issue but bugs me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Quite the quandary. Cold War with ray tracing quality mode on is probably one of the most visually striking fps games I’ve played. I mean the diffuse lighting and raytracing and draw distances are just mind blowing.

But putting it in 120hz performance mode? Oh my god. So so smooth. The intensity is ratcheted up a ton.

Impossible to decide what setting is best lol. I might go quality for campaign and performance for multiplayer.

The haptic trigger effects are a total trip. Really ups the immersion when you’re pulling the trigger on your silenced pistol and feel the trigger pull weight. Will destiny 2 have this support?

the sky
Jul 25, 2007

I've found the Demon's Souls remake completely amazing - meanwhile, a middle-aged whiny baby on my work Slack offered this review:

:laugh:

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Volte posted:

According to the devs, the game was designed around the input lag imposed by V-sync, which should be the same across all platforms aside from PC with V-sync off, so it shouldn't actually make the game harder than intended. I hadn't really noticed it to be honest. But then, I'm not to the insanely hard precise parts of the game yet. I also played on Steam but I can't say for sure if I had V-sync on or not.

Either way, I'm loving the way it looks with PS5's auto-HDR mode.

If it doesn't bother you, then that's great, because it really is a wonderful game. But after 80 hours on PC, with all the Pantheons cleared, switching to console just felt terrible.

It does look great on an OLED though!

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 18, 2020

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It remains completely baffling to me that I can’t just give someone $500 and they’ll put me in a queue and then ship me a PS5 when it becomes available.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I stumbled onto my Profile page and saw that all the PS4 games now have play times as well. I felt a sense of dread reading that I gave 555 hours of my life to Destiny 1.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

the sky posted:

I've found the Demon's Souls remake completely amazing - meanwhile, a middle-aged whiny baby on my work Slack offered this review:

:laugh:

This was me for like, a month when I first played Demon's Souls back on PS3, then I finally beat the first area and I was instantly a souls fan for life.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Policenaut posted:

I stumbled onto my Profile page and saw that all the PS4 games now have play times as well. I felt a sense of dread reading that I gave 555 hours of my life to Destiny 1.

I put in 885 apparently.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess I can’t look into peoples heads and see what they were expecting from Demon’s Souls before they played it. There’s not exactly a lack of information about it on the Internet right now though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not a huge fan of miles' stealth segments. I wish they just focused on combat. So much of a waste of time doing this lame arkham poo poo to whittle down guys and half the time they call for reinforcements anyway.
I was getting real angry tonight cause i was 99% through a stealth part but then miles didnt stick to the wall i webbed over to he just fell right in front of the last 2 guys who triggered a wave of new guys to spawn and im like wtf did i spend 15 mins clearing this poo poo for? Batman never did this to me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

MarcusSA posted:

Not a huge fan of what pressing the PS button does now.

Minor issue but bugs me.

If we’re griping about our minor issues I dislike the button itself. Wish they’d stuck to the round one from the PS4 controller.

I still freaking love this thing. :swoon:

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

doingitwrong posted:

It remains completely baffling to me that I can’t just give someone $500 and they’ll put me in a queue and then ship me a PS5 when it becomes available.

Right? They’re not going to stop making them this week.

Take my $, note when I paid, and ship me one when it’s available once everyone ahead of me got one.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

BGrifter posted:

If we’re griping about our minor issues I dislike the button itself. Wish they’d stuck to the round one from the PS4 controller.

I still freaking love this thing. :swoon:
Yep. It amazes me how hard it is to hit that little poo poo.

The updated controller is gonna need the loving dot back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainCrunch posted:

Right? They’re not going to stop making them this week.

Take my $, note when I paid, and ship me one when it’s available once everyone ahead of me got one.

Its because they would majorly piss off retailers if they sold them all directly like that. The retailers deffo should do a first come first serve list or lottery though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I put the disc for MK11 in the drive and it started installing, then I put in the redeem code for Aftermath, KP1 and KP2, and all 33 downloads were started simultaneously, and it nearly completely locked up the disc install.

It's now ticking by at like .001 GB/s

So, uh, maybe let the disc install first before you redeem the add-ons.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

ShakeZula posted:

The saves actually can transfer, you just have to manually upload your save on PS4 to the cloud (in the in-game menu, not the general PS menu), and then manually load that save from the cloud in the PS5 in-game menu.

It's way more of a hassle than it needs to be, and my trophy lists only partially merged so I can't get the plat now, but the saves can transfer.

Yeah this is what I tried and it just keeps telling me it failed the download in the game menu. Ubisoft support sent me "Since you are on a new console we are not able to provide additional console-related troubleshooting as Playstation Support has not released that information yet." Meanwhile their support forum has a bunch of folks with the same issue.

But Valhalla is pretty fun so far. I made my viking as hairy as possible and he's just axing his way through a bunch of folks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Console shipped!!!!! :D :D :D

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Does the spiderman res master come with dlc?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Does the spiderman res master come with dlc?

Yeah, it comes with the three of them

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Welp, they went on sale at Target, it was 1:15 in the morning, I was at my computer, and I STILL wasn't fast enough to get one.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

kid sinister posted:

Welp, they went on sale at Target, it was 1:15 in the morning, I was at my computer, and I STILL wasn't fast enough to get one.

I really wonder how these things work. I've been refreshing like every retailer for four days and missed out on every drop. This time I got the telegram notification from nowinstock.net as I was going to bed and was like "gently caress it I guess I'll check" and got one. I can't imagine I was quicker than you. Sorry you didn't get one though, I hope you luck out soon.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Seems its a complete luck of the draw. UK / Europe launch is tomorrow so i'm gonna sit and refresh at 2 AM to get one of those UK ones, and I guess all day on Thursday.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Ugh, my PS4 data always fails during the transfer process. WTF can I even do about it to get it working?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Real hurthling! posted:

Not a huge fan of miles' stealth segments. I wish they just focused on combat. So much of a waste of time doing this lame arkham poo poo to whittle down guys and half the time they call for reinforcements anyway.
I was getting real angry tonight cause i was 99% through a stealth part but then miles didnt stick to the wall i webbed over to he just fell right in front of the last 2 guys who triggered a wave of new guys to spawn and im like wtf did i spend 15 mins clearing this poo poo for? Batman never did this to me.

That's was my least favorite part of the original too once they were awoken it was just a boring wave fight. At least the stealth game felt like a puzzle.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I really wonder how these things work. I've been refreshing like every retailer for four days and missed out on every drop. This time I got the telegram notification from nowinstock.net as I was going to bed and was like "gently caress it I guess I'll check" and got one. I can't imagine I was quicker than you. Sorry you didn't get one though, I hope you luck out soon.

I never even got the alert. :(

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I never realized how badly the world needed Sylvester Stallone and Keith David exchanging banter until I I had a Rambo vs. Spawn match in MK11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Console shipped!!!!! :D :D :D

awesome!

mines still processing :negative: