Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1328933162446180354?s=20

lol good luck to anyone trying to get a PS5 over the next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A NOWINSTOCK.NET INTO THE BROWSER. ITS PS5 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE REFRESH ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, OUT OF STOCK. I DO EVERY REFRESH AND I DO EVERY REFRESH HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DIRECT QUEUES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP EVERY SINGLE DROP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SAT THRU THE GALAXY’S LONGEST QUEUE AND MISSED A DROP BY ONE MINUTE. I CAN. I DO IT AND I DO IT AGAIN EVERYDAY TO PROVE I AM THE UNLUCKIEST MAN ON THIS EARTH. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SUFFERING AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WIFE CONSISTENTLY OWN 0 PS5S. 2 HOURS INCLUDING SCREAMING EVERY MORNING. THEN I REFRESH

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Raine posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A NOWINSTOCK.NET INTO THE BROWSER. ITS PS5 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE REFRESH ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, OUT OF STOCK. I DO EVERY REFRESH AND I DO EVERY REFRESH HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME DIRECT QUEUES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP EVERY SINGLE DROP. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY SAT THRU THE GALAXY’S LONGEST QUEUE AND MISSED A DROP BY ONE MINUTE. I CAN. I DO IT AND I DO IT AGAIN EVERYDAY TO PROVE I AM THE UNLUCKIEST MAN ON THIS EARTH. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SUFFERING AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WIFE CONSISTENTLY OWN 0 PS5S. 2 HOURS INCLUDING SCREAMING EVERY MORNING. THEN I REFRESH

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Raine posted:

It's ... beautiful.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1328992253487013893?s=20

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

that's honestly not bad sales for an xbox in japan

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh gently caress my ps5 just shipped. the dream is alive

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

oh gently caress my ps5 just shipped. the dream is alive

We gon’ party tomorrow

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Well, I was going to get digital because I like the form factor more, but my wife suddenly took an interest and said she wants me to get the disk version. We have a bunch of old DVDs and Blu-rays that we haven't touched for years, but for some reason she wants to be able to watch them when she feels like it. Which will be never.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I hope I get a follow up email with tracking details today otherwise tomorrow is going to be a real emotional rollercoaster.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

I hope I get a follow up email with tracking details today otherwise tomorrow is going to be a real emotional rollercoaster.

With my last GAME order I didn’t get tracking details until the morning it was going to be delivered. At which point they were kind of useless tbh because it was already up to “out for delivery”

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Glad my fellow brits are getting theirs shipped. Is there any queue that I can sit in coming up? I would really like a PS5. I am british too though and think the direct site is only for the us.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Amazon UK are meant to be making some available at noon!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Escobarbarian posted:

Today?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tomorrow

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Let the hunger games commence. Of course, we'll be there for hours before refreshing like mad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Wish me luck!!!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oof I forgot it wasn’t the 19th I am stupid

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Holy gently caress Miles Morales is breathtaking at 60 FPS

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

GAME didn't even both to send me the tracking number for the shipment via Yodel. This PS5 is never coming.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

GAME didn't even both to send me the tracking number for the shipment via Yodel. This PS5 is never coming.

It’s yodel, tracking or not it was never coming.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is selling better? the disc or discless version? I wonder which one I might have more luck trying to get tomorrow.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

VideoGames posted:

What is selling better? the disc or discless version? I wonder which one I might have more luck trying to get tomorrow.

There are just much fewer digital ones, I'm not sure how that matches up with demand though. My instinct is you'll have more luck going for a disc one though.

Good luck, VG!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I'm having mine sent to a courir, who bung it onto a van with a bunch of other random poo poo and drive it to Bulgaria. Hahaha, I'm in danger.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
"Limited Stock Coming 19th November Online Only
PS5 console ordering update: The PS5 console will be made available to order online only from tomorrow morning but no earlier than 9am"

From Game UK website.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently if you’re with Yodel you can just contact them and they’ll give you the tracking number directly, because as far as they’re concerned GAME should have given it to you in the email.

Yodel ....... good?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Apparently if you’re with Yodel you can just contact them and they’ll give you the tracking number directly, because as far as they’re concerned GAME should have given it to you in the email.

I literally just got off the phone with them and got the number no problem, yeah.

Yodel ....... good?

Let's not be too hasty though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yodel ....... good?

No.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I pre-ordered in february and got a message about a month ago, that I wouldn't get one on release. I was mentally prepared to :f5: every possible website tomorrow morning, but just got a notification that mine is in the mail. :toot:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

PS5 Pro leaked!?!?!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
People going crazy for PS5s is a great preview for what is going to happen when a few billion people need a Coronavirus vaccine.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

infraboy posted:

People going crazy for PS5s is a great preview for what is going to happen when a few billion people need a Coronavirus vaccine.

Ah yes that is definitely the same thing

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Vikar Jerome posted:

PS5 Pro leaked!?!?!

It's good to see that they have scaled down the size a bit :).

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Just got my first crash, DMC5:SE froze and I got booted to the dash, but then I started the game again and literally one second later I was in literally the same exact spot as before the crash. Least crashy crash of my gaming career.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
GAME have shipped mine but Yodel don't have it yet:

"Your parcel will be with us soon. Estimated delivery date - Unavailable at this time"

I'm working from home tomorrow but will be sat at the front door with my laptop!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Avicus posted:

GAME have shipped mine but Yodel don't have it yet:

"Your parcel will be with us soon. Estimated delivery date - Unavailable at this time"

I'm working from home tomorrow but will be sat at the front door with my laptop!

You’re probably gonna want to sit outside so you can at least get the number plate of the yodel van that drives directly past your house without slowing down right before you get the email that the driver missed you and will try again tomorrow.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
"Man has car chase with Yodel driver to rescue PS5"

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol what's up with this yodel service that people seem to be bitching about everywhere

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

shrike82 posted:

lol what's up with this yodel service that people seem to be bitching about everywhere

VideoGames posted:

Yodel is the worst delivery company in the UK. I had constant problems with them that if I found out they were delivering something then I would cancel it.
Once I was sat by the door to catch them out and they walked up to my letter box, pushed the "We missed you" letter through the door and walked away. I opened the door and asked what he was doing and he said he had missed me.

I stood there for a moment because it was just such a bizarre moment. Turns out my package was actually buried underneath a ton of others and he did not want to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So Yodel is exactly like UPS in North America. Sounds awful!