Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What’s the ballpark salary for that lead writer position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Reality Protester posted:

but he would retain the title either way. so why not attack the guy you dont like?

but then I guess the rest of the segments wouldnt happen and you wouldnt have a show.

So the guy you don't like is the official loser of the match. It's super petty and something that Priest's character would do.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

oldpainless posted:

they won't last a week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That ad is overwritten (so a good example of WWE writing I guess), I consolidated it somewhat:

quote:

WWE LOOKING FOR A LEAD WRITER TO OVERSEE RAW AND SMACKDOWN
By Steven Fernandes on 2020-11-18 21:12:00

WWE posted the following job opening:

Lead Writer
WWE develops and produces 52 weeks of original programming including Monday Night RAW, the longest running weekly episodic television show in history airing on USA, and Friday Night SmackDown airing in primetime every Friday night on FOX. Both RAW and SmackDown combine action, drama, reality, comedy and adventure and the goal of the creative team is to provide compelling stories portrayed by the world’s most charismatic, diverse, larger-than-life characters on or off television!

The Lead Writer will have the opportunity to waste their time doing a bunch of bullshit that gets thrown out at the last second by Vince McMahon.

Key Responsibilities:
Taking the blame when Vince's last second ideas fall apart like a flimsy pillar of oatmeal.

Requirements:
A willingness to quickly forget your dreams and just put up with Vince's bullshit until he fires you or you manage to find another gig.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Exposure! Why it's BETTER than money! :aaa:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does this mean Bruce Prichard is fired or demoted? Isn’t he the head guy?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oldpainless posted:

Does this mean Bruce Prichard is fired or demoted? Isn’t he the head guy?
It's everyone's fault but Vince's (Not that Bruce was doing very good)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dan Rykert is going to fail his way upward into a lead writer position it's pretty much his destiny since childhood

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
WWE staff don’t work for exposure. They get it for free

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Orange Carlisle posted:

Dan Rykert is going to fail his way upward into a lead writer position it's pretty much his destiny since childhood

Vince is gonna be halfway through firing him and sneeze, go completely silent and then walk out of the room in a daze. Rykert will be left in a half-life state where none of Vince's underlings know WHAT he is and so leave him alone out of superstitious fear, and he becomes the one person immune to micromanagement.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

WWE staff don’t work for exposure. They get it for free

Ahaha.... awww jeez :smith:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lid posted:

Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis in a blindfold match went to no-contest when Grimes accidentally beat up the ref, took off his blindfold then ran away from a similarly unblindfolded Lumis.

I busted up laughing

Digital Jedi posted:

And Lumis stood still in the same place for probably 60% of the match with the blindfold on as Grimess beat up the ref. Grimes was walking around freaking out.

It reminded me of this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE must have some wild glassdoor reviews... Let's take a look!

(2/5)

quote:

"Toxic Work Culture With No Desire to Change"
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at WWE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The size and reach of the brand is unparalleled. I'm fortunate to have worked at this company during the last few years, in what I believe has been the peak of their brand, content, and business. The live storylines that WWE puts on several nights a week is a precise and flawless art form. It's incredible impressive to witness firsthand. But the storyline and cultural advancements that appear on screen and in the press do not reflect the actual work culture.

Cons

To echo another recent review, this is a very sexist and male-driven place to work, on both the corporate and creative TV sides. Women executives, like Stephanie, are not taken seriously, called offensive names, mocked in screeching, high pitched voices, and overall disrespected by numerous male executives, often out in the open. Gossip and politics is a huge issue within this company, and HR is often complicit in allowing this toxic work culture to continue. I've witnessed my HR representative often participate in office gossip and making fun of other/past employees.

Employees are either there for short periods of time, or stay for life. Those that have been there for years (some decades) are comfortable with the way things are, and not very open to change. This means that they are set in their ways, comfortable in their jobs, unwilling to improve their skillset or advance technologically. The systems and ideologies that live in this company are horribly outdated. This is the type of workplace where projects are already killed while new, eager employees actively work on them. Senior management is petty and hold grudges, often withholding information, ignoring emails, and screwing each other over for personal issues.

There is a very little "speak up" culture, because senior executives, particularly those that TV production depend on, aren't going anywhere unless their job is no longer valuable to the company. TV is Kevin Dunn's boys club, and they often drink together, have gone to strip clubs together, and it is understood that these are not open invitations. Nothing about WWE's work culture is "open". It's very much an old school, hierarchical, closed-door type of company, even if they attempt to disguise that by knocking down walls and adding open floor desk plans. Your job title directly correlates to the benefits you receive internally, and promotions move very slow. You are shielded from senior executive management and encouraged not to engage/speak with them.

Aside from these serious issues, health insurance is very poor, even for a media company, and work perks are minimal. Salary can be high or low, depending on who you are, who your management is, and what department you're in. Employee advancement and learning opportunities feel hollow, and you simply have to just wait x amount of years for your half step promotion.

If anyone is wondering what they've been doing in response to the recent Black Lives Matter protests and calls for increased diversity, the answer is nothing. I've spoken to their recently appointed D&I head (a white man, for anyone curious), and everything is on hold until furloughed employees return to the office (as of now, there is no confirmed end date to WWE's furlough). When asked if they could at least use this time to address these issues with executive management (who are the biggest drivers of company culture), I was told that they wanted to wait until they could implement this "new training" with all employees, together. Having known this company culture for years, I can tell you that nothing will change, and any appearance of change will ring empty until they hold problematic senior and executive management accountable.

Advice to Management

To the WWE HR rep responding to these reviews, I've already made your team aware of these issues. My manager who left before me made your team aware of these issues (to the same HR rep!). So many employees have been communicating these issues, so please address them already. Stop looking for complaints on Glassdoor and deal with them directly with your employees.

I've left the company, and I'm not interested in ever returning until WWE deals with your internal issues. If you do not, your best and brightest talent will continue leave and the "lifers" will continue to stay. WWE's culture will remain the same, unchanged as its been for years.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

hiring: a guy we can later say we fired on the Q1 or Q2 investor call

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

WWE must have some wild glassdoor reviews... Let's take a look!

(2/5)

quote:

The live storylines that WWE puts on several nights a week is a precise and flawless art form.

im not gonna trust a word this guy says

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

hiring: a guy we can later say we fired on the Q1 or Q2 investor call

The employee equivalent of a transitional champion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

im not gonna trust a word this guy says

Ok how about this one, they give it a 1/5.

quote:

"Bad"
Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT
Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

I worked at WWE full-time

Pros

Not good terrible just terrible

Cons

Even worse. Don't work here

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Post more!

The cafeteria is pretty good btw.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Someone post Patrice O’neals convo where he said Stephanie phoned and fired him multiple times because she was pissed off he didn’t care he was fired lmao

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Do it ironically posted:

Someone post Patrice O’neals convo where he said Stephanie phoned and fired him multiple times because she was pissed off he didn’t care he was fired lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEQqI-37H_E

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One more since I need to go to bed.

1/5

quote:

"It's Great Until It Isn't"
Former Employee - Production Assistant in Stamford, CT
Doesn't Recommend
Neutral Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

I worked at WWE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. You will learn a ton. On the TV side, WWE is one of the leading production companies in the amount of high quality content it puts out. If you are eager to learn the basics of television production - I would say there is no better place than to start than here. Depending on the department, you are given a lot of responsibility and if motivated, you will learn a lot and craft your skills that can give the edge needed in the cutthroat industry of entertainment. Most production assistants at other companies are delegated menial tasks and while you will get some of those here - you are also given tasks expected of people in much higher positions at other companies. These tasks while somewhat difficult and stressful and way above the pay grade of a production assistant, will give you the ability to craft your skills and help advance your career.

2. The people and your co-workers are fantastic for the most part. There are some rotten eggs but they are in the minority as most of the people I worked with are some of the most talented and genuinely nice people in the industry.

Cons

1. Management is utterly incompetent. One review on here states that there are people in high up positions who should hold much lower titles and people in lower positions who should hold much higher titles. That is very true. Management are very afraid to think for themselves or stand up to the higher ups and instead quote on quote "drink the cool-aid". They play into the toxic work environment that doesn't benefit the lower level employees of any given department who then end up having to deal with these ridiculous work requirements/ standards. I guess management is resistant to change because at the end of the day, it doesn't really affect them as the lower level employees pick up all the slack. In all, it turns what should be a fun job with an exciting product into a frustrating slog.

2. People really don't get rewarded for hard work and it is incredibly hard to get promoted or move up in the company. It ends being quite absurd because you then have no motivation to work hard because at the end of the day, if you do a mediocre job or excel above your peers and deliver stellar work it ends up all the same - you ain't gonna get promoted or rewarded unless you suck up to your boss.

3. Work/life balance is abysmal but also kinda expected within the industry but then again the way management run things here makes it much worse than any other similar entertainment company.

Advice to Management

Leave the company or have some confidence and try to enact change that will improve your employee's life's and in the end, help the company grow and succeed.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What the gently caress is an Arturo Ruas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

What the gently caress is an Arturo Ruas
RAW Underground certainly did make stars

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What happened to Kuto Bembay or whatever?

The big big boy that was beating everyone up.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Him, Shane, and the 3 dancers have been locked in the WWE Underground location since early October, listening to the theme song on repeat

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Didn't he get owned by Strowman? On RAW Underground, even?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
haha Dabba Kato was drafted before Aleister Black and didn't make any appearances after that

EDIT: also, just checking the draft list, I realized that they didn't include any injured wrestlers in the draft pools...except for Charlotte Flair who went 5th on the second night, before Braun and Daniel Bryan. lol

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 19, 2020

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Thank you!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This would be a great 3 week career opportunity for me.

What does it say about WWE that I'm actually semi-qualified for this job and am a lifelong wrestling fan and I just go "gently caress no!"?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It shows that you’ve read any random five posts in this thread in the last year

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

free market gravy’s nose started itching for some reason

that guy really hated cm punk

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ahead of the curve

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Golden Bee posted:

It shows that you’ve read any random five posts in this thread in the last year

Slapjack.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

T-Bar

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mace?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Retaliation :hai:

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

• Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis in a blindfold match went to no-contest when Grimes accidentally beat up the ref, took off his blindfold then ran away from a similarly unblindfolded Lumis.

As many good blindfold matches as there are (none) this is the most natural conclusion of one.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The worst part is...that could have been a decent show. I mean, it had decent parts, but WWE's style means the sum of the whole is always lacking.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Another Fightful Select update from today has more insight on Vince McMahon’s backstage creative meeting with Chelsea Green that took place before her return to TV last week. Talks took place regarding giving her a new ring name or a nickname.

According to the report, the proposed nickname change for Chelsea Green was called “Victorious.” Additionally, WWE listed both Green and the “Victorious” name on internal rundowns. However, internal concerns were raised about potential trademark issues with using “Victorious” as a ring name for Chelsea Green. One possible trademark conflict could’ve been with the Nickelodeon TV series, Victorious, which ran from 2010-2013.

"OH MY GOD! COULD IT BE? IT IS! IT'S GREEN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Give her Michelle McCool‘s teacher gimmick and call her Zoey 101