Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Flair posted:

You could do them and not take the reward. Save that resin for elsewhere until tomorrow when the keyline will change to a different location.

clearing them and not taking the reward is what i'm doing, which is what seems to stop them from moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bussamove posted:

Klee+Sucrose continues to trivialize most things and I couldn’t be happier.

Thinkin' 'bout how Sucrose was ranked C tier at release and chucklin'

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean I don’t even have a character that uses the third boss mats and I’m not exactly tripping over myself to max out Jean and everyone else is way behind because the 36 domain takes like an entire days worth of resin to get you halfway through the ranks 4-6.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I appreciate this Fischl event because it's giving me the thing that really draws me into video games nowadays.

Character banter.

You have Paimon talking to someone about how everyone's doing when they were put to sleep by these meteorites and it's two sentences and then Fischl starts talking and it's an eight sentence paragraph that takes up a quarter of the screen. She sounds very unsure of half the stuff she's saying so I definitely buy that she has not spoken any German in her own time like people have been saying in here.

Also miHoYo is doing that Dragon Quest thing of having the enemies surrounding the meteorites in the overworld which I also appreciate.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

is C1 Ninguang decent with Venti? None of my leveled dudes have good synergy with his wind ball and my only other catalyst options are Lisa, Sucrose and Barbara

they work extremely well together, bring someone who can throw another element into the vacuum and it turns into a monster mulching machine.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Araganzar posted:

I got a second Diluc instead of Childe on the current banner a couple days ago so I'd say he's probably on it...

Off-banner just means not a rate up character for gacha terms. In this game you have a 50% for banner characters and 100% the next time if you pulled an off banner

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Cerepol posted:

Off-banner just means not a rate up character for gacha terms. In this game you have a 50% for banner characters and 100% the next time if you pulled an off banner

I meant he was on the banner as in available because someone said he wasn't, not that he was a rate up....

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 19, 2020

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

God some of these comps are just brutal. One of the salvage groups was just nonstop lavachurls, and getting hit by one knocks you back WAY the hell out, assuming you don't get chainlocked and die. I feel like they either need to increase the radius or decrease the rate at which the bar goes down because goddamn getting knocked out means you just lost like an entire group's worth of progress.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What are people thinking in terms of accessories for Diona? I was considering 2 Piece Bolide (+35% Shield Effectiveness) and either 2 Piece Scholar (20% Energy Recharge) or 2 Piece Maiden Beloved (+15% Healing Effectiveness). It seems like she really wants energy recharge for her ult since it's costly and I dunno if she even really wants too much extra healing boosts since the ult seems to work like Bennett's and is pretty speedy regardless.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

What are people thinking in terms of accessories for Diona? I was considering 2 Piece Bolide (+35% Shield Effectiveness) and either 2 Piece Scholar (20% Energy Recharge) or 2 Piece Maiden Beloved (+15% Healing Effectiveness). It seems like she really wants energy recharge for her ult since it's costly and I dunno if she even really wants too much extra healing boosts since the ult seems to work like Bennett's and is pretty speedy regardless.

Bolide/Maiden seems like a good combination. a good weapon and artifact substats or hourglass mainstat can go a long way to fixing her energy issues like Xingqiu, so you don't have to rely on/settle for sets like Scholar/Exile that are capped at 4* in the long-term.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bolide only works when the holder is active, I think.

I'm running 4-piece Maiden's since it's probably the most generally good thing she can use. I don't have energy issues though, running two cryo and Sacrificial Bow. I can see Scholar or Exile being good if I needed the energy regen.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

RareAcumen posted:

I appreciate this Fischl event because it's giving me the thing that really draws me into video games nowadays.

Character banter.

You have Paimon talking to someone about how everyone's doing when they were put to sleep by these meteorites and it's two sentences and then Fischl starts talking and it's an eight sentence paragraph that takes up a quarter of the screen. She sounds very unsure of half the stuff she's saying so I definitely buy that she has not spoken any German in her own time like people have been saying in here.

Also miHoYo is doing that Dragon Quest thing of having the enemies surrounding the meteorites in the overworld which I also appreciate.

I appreciate this event because everyone's Vision is reacting to the meteorites, which means there's actually VFX coming out of variable points on a character's body. Noelle was a pretty good meteorite search team leader because hers is back-mounted; meanwhile, Reventi's Gale Is Now Ready, despite being the best vertical traversal guy, has a fake Vision since his powers have another source, so he's no help.

I imagine the Traveler is the same way?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Glazius posted:

I appreciate this event because everyone's Vision is reacting to the meteorites, which means there's actually VFX coming out of variable points on a character's body. Noelle was a pretty good meteorite search team leader because hers is back-mounted; meanwhile, Reventi's Gale Is Now Ready, despite being the best vertical traversal guy, has a fake Vision since his powers have another source, so he's no help.

I imagine the Traveler is the same way?

Yeah, Traveler doesn’t get that glow same as Venti.

Klee, Fischl, and Diona also have good Vision positioning. Lisa’s is bad (it’s on her chest), and a lot of people like Barbara and Xiangling wear theirs on one side.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm running Scholar and Exile just to get her ult up as much as possible. Bolide would be good too, if you've got the HP to really stack the shields. I've got C1 but no sac bow, so everything is basically just energy recharge.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

AweStriker posted:

Klee, Fischl, and Diona also have good Vision positioning. Lisa’s is bad (it’s on her chest), and a lot of people like Barbara and Xiangling wear theirs on one side.

I’ve found Noelle the best for watching the glow because it’s centered in a big bow that’s a contrasting color to the glow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mailer posted:

I'm running Scholar and Exile just to get her ult up as much as possible. Bolide would be good too, if you've got the HP to really stack the shields. I've got C1 but no sac bow, so everything is basically just energy recharge.

Oh, Bolide works on all shields, not just the Geo reax? Neat.

In other news, on my way to collect a meteor I saw some weird pink lizards so I furiously sprinted at them mashing the interact button and got some... loach pearls? Hadn't seen those before. I hope they're not a new ascension material or something.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Bussamove posted:

Klee+Sucrose continues to trivialize most things and I couldn’t be happier.

Speaking as someone with a Lv1 Sucrose and a Lv70 Klee and a rapidly expanding mass of purple books, what's the tech for this firestorm? I really, really, really want to make Anemo work with all these mines and don't have Jean and Venti and haven't used my Sucrose for more than exploration / quick dandelion seeds and crafting thus far

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Speaking as someone with a Lv1 Sucrose and a Lv70 Klee and a rapidly expanding mass of purple books, what's the tech for this firestorm? I really, really, really want to make Anemo work with all these mines and don't have Jean and Venti and haven't used my Sucrose for more than exploration / quick dandelion seeds and crafting thus far

The first big thing is that both of Sucroses abilities pull Klee’s mines towards the center of them, so instead of some being wasted they’ll typically be pulled into a mob and explode. Her Q especially pulls things in for a long time, pulses a few times for good swirl damage, and absorbs element so it will start dealing pyro damage after the first pulse. Beyond that her A4 talent to buff others with a % of her Elemental Mastery when she uses skill/burst means bigger reactions, which Klee loves.

Add the Viridescent Venerer set on top, which lowers enemies resistance to the element they get swirled with, and everything is ash while Klee laughs.

Do not sleep on Sucrose.

E: She also makes excellent use of Sacrificial Fragments, for additional swirls. Stack that on too of the second charge her skill gets at C1 and its even better.

Bussamove fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 19, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

God I'm so thankful for this second set of fragment grinding. We've gotta amass 1600 fragments by the end of this to grab all the EXP books and 10,000 mora rewards after all.

Am I crazy or does swapping people out of your party fully heal everyone?

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 19, 2020

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've already got all the exp books

I think I like this game too much

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Squiddycat posted:

Hell, same.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just assumed he was a talking pet.

E: vvv Oh okay. I just assumed he was a talking pet that followed her around, like Paimon, except less humanoid. What is Paimon anyway?

All the archons are named after demons, and Paimon is named after a demon, so I'm assuming she's like the Dendro Archon or something.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Squiddycat posted:

Game is simple but it's real fun.

It's the combat that keeps me so captivated. It's not a particularly deep system mechanically and yet there's enough going on that just makes it super fun to go to town on things.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Game is simple but it's real fun.

It's the combat that keeps me so captivated. It's not a particularly deep system mechanically and yet there's enough going on that just makes it super fun to go to town on things.

I'm pretty happy with how all the mage characters are so wildly different.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I did Childe and Boreas at AR45 today - each dropped two golds (one artifact, one talent piece). Is that common? I feel like I've watched streamers do it at AR45 and they're always getting 3 golds.

EDIT: However my first artifact runs ever went a little better:

No Wave fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 19, 2020

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At first I thought the last tier of artifact dungeons were hard, but then I actually read the intro message and realized that doing Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula with Diluc was my problem.

Now I'm farming Midsummer Courtyard and Clear Pool Mountain Cavern instead and boy these are easy as pie

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Artifact dungeons are weird because most of them counter the thing you're trying to farm. Except the viridescent venerer dungeon which Venti completely annihilates.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I think the thing that confuses me the most about this event isn't that it repeatedly highlights every design problem in the combat simultaneously, it's that you can pay money to do more of it.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
If you do co-op for the meteors, you don't lose any progress so long as at least one person stays inside the circle. The other person can run out into the middle of nowhere to take out all the runners/casters/whatever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Only having Razor as my current DPS makes those meteorite chunk missions at lvl 55 impossible when they stick Hillichurl snipers outside of the ring.

Why oh why do they let them spawn outside of the ring? It's ridiculous.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

RareAcumen posted:

Only having Razor as my current DPS makes those meteorite chunk missions at lvl 55 impossible when they stick Hillichurl snipers outside of the ring.

You don't need to kill them? Just kill other things and don't die to them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The second tier of those meteor missions broke me and I no longer care about the rewards, they're just too not fun to force myself through them. The circle is too small, and it combines every single aspect I hate about the domains into one tiny package. The one I tried earlier threw me in a tiny area with like a dozen of the fire bomb treasure bandit guys, while the meteor its self kept spitting out almost constant electro pulses. So the instant I failed to dodge even one thing I was juggled into oblivion on a wave of perpetual explosion reactions.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splash Attack posted:

does venti’s Q now suck up klee’s bombs?

No. Someone asked support about it and apparently it's intended feature, not oversight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oceanbound posted:

You don't need to kill them? Just kill other things and don't die to them.

55 is the max level I can select and at that point there's two of them shooting 5 arrows at a time that do 400 damage each. I guess he needs to be lvl 70 to fight these guys.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah the Hillichurl meteorite mission was by far the worst for my Razor Xinagling Fischl team beacuse overload would send the arachers flying out of the circle. Then they would pelt me with their shotgun blasts until I died. Swapping out Fischl for my underleveled Sucrose helped a lot because her burst gathers them all up in the middle. She dies in 1-2 hits though. Also, make sure to be attacking with razor towards the outside of the circle to try and hit enemies towards the center.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
So I can't compete any of the meteorite things, I just get shredded in seconds every time. How do I do anything vs 5 archers, an abyss mage, two giant axe guys, 3 big fire slimes and like 5-6 small slimes at the same time? It's just overwhelming and I just spend all of my time dodging until I run out of stamina and die.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a general guideline for what level my artifacts/weapons should be relative to my current AR? I’m at I think AR27 and I have my 4 star relics upgraded to 8 but everything else is at 4. My Klee is at 50 and everyone else at 40 and I’m having trouble clearing even floor 3/chamber 1 cause I don’t think I have enough dps or I’m just really bad at mechanics.

What do I even do at this point of the game? I don’t have any more quests available that I’ve found and the OP says I shouldn’t be feeling for artifacts until AR45.

AweStriker posted:

The Traveler doesn’t have a vision? What about those things on her sleeve that glowed blue in the first scene with Venti when the dragon saw her?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

A whole lot of posts on this page making me realise just how much Venti trivialises 90% of this game's content.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I've pulled 3 diona dupes in the last ~15 wishes, I think genshin's trying to tell me something. Shame I've already got a heavily invested qiqi and childe, plus c4 barb and jean so I'm not sure where she'd fit in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bland posted:

A whole lot of posts on this page making me realise just how much Venti trivialises 90% of this game's content.

I feel real bad for those late joiners that werent able to get him during his banner tbh

Useful in literally every single aspect of the game